Transformers

Just continuing the old thread. Here, have a nice, exploitable panel everyone. What are they seeing?

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Shooter#Editorial_philosophy
youtube.com/watch?v=jRffVqzxiRE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

She's a Headmaster and the body she took over just has unusual anatomy.

It's just ANOTHER stupid cliffhanger page. He's in fucking love with those. I'm betting you we won't actually get to see what happened to Tailgate. We might get a page of them talking about it, but it's more likely that's the last page of Necroworld shenanigans for that issue.

That would be hilarious, but I doubt any good is gonna come from having a head up her ass. It'll probably be just as annoying as she is.

I see your entry, and add my own.

No, it'll be the final page reveal

As a preview it's guaranteed to be the first 3 or 4 pages.

Heres a spoiler for ya'.

What? We already got the first 5 pages. The main story of the issue was implied/advertised to be whatever cabin fever the main crew is going through, Tailgate and friends will likely(?) be a B-plot, maybe.

I'm just betting that Tailgate's super duper new form, maybe "call me Star Convoy" or whatever ridiculous reveal would be saved for the last page of the issue

Also I'm lacking sleep so maybe I've misunderstood all that you've said

That's what I'm saying. The Tailgate portion of the issue is pretty much taking up the preview and then we don't see anything on that until the next issue.
That would be intriguing at least.

>Filename
This one wins.

Wait, why is Beak still squawking and not using robot mode? Didn't Fort Max ok the brain implant fix with all roboids in MTMTE#57?

>Roberts
>ever remembering his own writing
>or anyone elses
He's got the memory of a goldfish.

He didn't used to to.

I hope Tailgate drops dead.

Roberts not giving a fuck.

I want Tailgate to live and Anode to drop dead.

"Noggin"? No. The head's name is James Roberts.

>Orsen Wells, as portrayed by Unicron

ok I laughed

kind of disappointed tailgate's not actually dead

but I'm probably gonna be even more disappointed by what the big "reveal" is gonna be

a bury fangry?

It's amazing how he doesn't just the TF Wiki.

Seriously we need a new editor who will put his foot down. I miss Barber's editoral work. I'd sacrifice him writing the main comics if it meant LL was good.

Jim Shooter at IDW when?

>Retailer cover shows Anode and Swerve being cheeky rivals to each other
>issue is about everyone getting cabin fever in the shuttle

Instead of Necro World fun, hope you enjoy everyone being snippy at each other and a real B plot of "Anode and Swerve have a prank war Isn't that QUIRKY!?"

the thing is a cabin fever episode/issue isn't a bad idea. we've barely spent any time with the Squad in their current predicaments, i can imagine after everything they've been through and will go through soon, things will be stressful as hell and everyone gets on each others nerves, they're all basket cases in their own way. Of course Roberts will botch this up.

is the prank war even going to happen, it's on the cover of the comic but that doesn't mean shit, we all thought Defensor would legit beat up Getaway last time and everything but that happened.

if it has happening. I hope Swerve gets Anode good. Anode legit stole his spot from the story, since she's a metallurgist, "quirky" and annoying in universe except she's not as endearing as Swerve is.

>Introduced concept of company-wide crossovers w/ Marvel Super Hero Contest of Champions & Secret Wars
>Ended the widespread practice of missed deadlines
>Implemented a policy giving creators royalties when their books passed certain sales benchmarks or when characters they worked on were licensed as toys (aka Don Figueroa would've gotten paid for stealth bomber megatron toy)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Shooter#Editorial_philosophy
It would sound like a great time! Shooter's editorial philosophy would make Roberts quit IDW and kill himself.

Roberts could just go to Marvel where other writers of his ilk have a safe spot.

doesn't Roberts want to write for Dr. Who?

When Barber was Editor in Chief he was running all the transformers books, minis and spotlights practically like Jim Shooter. Barber mandated that characters kept their aesthetics across all books and artists, maintain deadlines and held continuity in a high regard with trying to tie up all loose end from past stories.

Barber was never editor in chief at IDW.

Wasn't the timeline with that story and the current really fucked up due to crossover reasons?

Rosebud Frozen Planets.

So, your proposition is that Lost Light #13 takes place before Titans Return?

I want Tailgate's head to be hidden in Anode's ass. Turns out Anode's ass is cyber-hell.

The last scene from MTMTE #57.

"Just then, a buzzer goes off, alerting Red to the fact that a scanner he has searching for the Lost Light has found something. Alas, that something turns out to just be some gibberish background data. Fort Max wonders if there could be a hidden message within it, but Red refuses to indulge his own worst instincts. "Sometimes," he tells Max, "you just have to stop."

I always did wonder did they detect the Necroworld imploding....I'm honestly confused what's been going on?

I know Roberts isn't paying attention anymore to the minor details.

I'm still sad Prowl already left, I wanted to see him on an adventure with the Luna-1 crew before he goes and assembles his current crew of Stardrive, Wheelie, Garnak and Pyra Magna.

Holy fuck.....

Goddamn this exploitable is perfect for so much shit.

A little gift from your /toy/ friends.

Dead Optimus moaning the name of his killer? We all expected it to be Prowl.

All of Lost Light so far has taken place around the time Optimus's crew were hanging out in Thundercracker's old house, so right after Op annexed Earth, before Titans Return, and before Revolution.

So does that mean that LL #13 also takes place before Titans Returns, or has it finally caught up to it? And, will the book have caught up to MTMTE: Revoltuion by the time we see the Scavengers again?

I always wondered. If Prowl was given a guaranteed opportunity for Cybertron to have a good future but it requires killing Optimus... Would Prowl do it?

I mean like... REALLY really do it. Not in a fantasy but legitimately as a character like IDW Prowl do it.

He'd do it, user. He'd do it with a table flip dropped on Optimus harder than a house on the wicked witch.

SOTW showed us that his ultimate fantasy was OP telling him he was had always been right... so I don't know, man.

I'd root for Prowl to get rid of Optimus.

Optimus a shit.

But it couldn't be before Titans Return, as Max and Red Alert still had no idea what happened to Rodimus and friends then and Red Alert has a new design now.

oh my god.....

It's going to turn out that Rodimus' crew has been trying to track the Lost Light while Titans Return, Revolution, etc. have all been going on. Problem solved.

>so far
issue previews don't count as "so far", user. I'm talking about actual released issues, LL #1-12.

>expecting others to know what's going on in your autist brain

Wouldn't be the first time someone's had a different design in different books.

I dont think he would, Prowl looks up to Optimus and he still does like points out, so no I don't think he could. He might seriously consider it but in the end I don't think he would, he'd probably explain the situation to Optimus to let him decide for himself.

I don't agree. Oh sure Prowl wishes he had Primes' respect, but this is Prowl we're talking about. If he felt it were for The Greater Good that Optimus dies he'd murder him in a heartbeat, and he would no doubt do so with the internal justification that Optimus wouldn't mind going that way and if he were still active he'd thank Prowl for doing what "needed to be done."

What makes it such a tricky question is that Prowl is not as pragmatic as he wishes he was. He's still ruled by emotion and is prone to guilt at times. He was willing to let Hubcap live, knowing that gave him power to turn on Prowl and the Autobots any minute. And he didn't even have any real history with Hubcap.

I guess it's a matter of how he's feeling that day.

Eh I seriously doubt Prowl could do it, Prowl is cold but we've seen he does have regrets and a conscience, I really don't think he could.

Someone should ask Barber or Roberts on twitter to weigh in and see what they think.

It's interesting because even with Prowl's deepseated desire for Optimus' approval his psychology now more than ever is based around doing the unthinkable and justifying it to himself. Not morally, because he would be the first to admit he's doing dark shit, but because he thinks it's something that needs to be done and he's the only one strong enough to do it - because he thinks Optimus needs him to do it. The Autobots need him to do it. Cybertron needs him to do it. The universe needs him to do it.

I think they could play that into a moment where Prowl does have Optimus' life in his hands and they could leave it on a cliffhanger and people (admittedly not everyone) could imagine it going either way. Would he? Wouldn't he? And IDWformers is the kind of series where he just might!

I don't think he would, though more because I don't think the writers would. They'd toy with us. Prowl shoots in the last page of a comic and makes us wait months. Then next issue we find out that Arcee has stabbed him from behind, mortally wounding him, but Optimus is fine. Prowl's shot deliberately missed. Thus Prowl is redeemed, but at the moment of his death. That feels more like the kind of melodramatic shit they'd go for.

Seeing Prowl actually die would be interesting because on one hand he's a total and complete monster at this point but on the other he always did what he thought was for the greater good- he never did all these things for himself, he did them because he thought it needed to be done for everyone's benefit. His death would be both pleasing and sad all at the same time.

youtube.com/watch?v=jRffVqzxiRE

nah Prowl needs to die being right.

Even Prowl admits when he's wrong, user. Why won't you?

Unfortunately even if we think he's right as readers, I don't think anyone in-unverse will ever see Prowl as right and he will die knowing that and that no one loves him.

>it's a prowl gets shit on episode

Does he ever have a good day?

>those spoilers
Tarantulas and the Constructicons would like to have a word with you.

Tarantulas I concede but the Constructicons dont really seem to give a shit anymore.

No.

>Constructicons
Are they in love with him? Or are they in love with a mind that can justify any amount of damage they do? A mind gloriously unburdened with morality that sees everyone through a warped version of Magnus Vision™ where everyone is a potential target so Devastator will never run out of things to devastate.

>Tarantulas
Last thread said it best. Mesothulas is Dr. Frank'n'furter who wants to know what Riff Raff (Prowl) did with his Rocky (Ostaros).

>and that no one loves him.

implying Bumblebee won't someday try to redeem him the way he does Starscream.

Bumblebee didn't redeem shit. It was Windblades looooove.

Or that's what people kept repeating for some reason.

Windblade played an important part, sure. But Bee was always the one driving him forward. He's pretty much a live in therapist.

Perfect.

Undead morality buddies are all the rage, be it Metalhawk or Bumblebee.

This one loses for lack of context. It's not really clear what they're looking at.

>not knowing
You have to be 18 to post on Sup Forums.

How does that one look so much worse than the one on my desk?

Well, it is a tiny shrunken picture.

Oh user. Dear sweet, silly, innocent user. Don't you know that knowing is only half the battle?

That's better

>Last thread said it best. Mesothulas is Dr. Frank'n'furter who wants to know what Riff Raff (Prowl) did with his Rocky (Ostaros).

Are you kidding? Did you forget the whole "I want you" tantrum?

He's Franknfurter, dude. He'll still sleep with you, but he really wants his Rocky. That's why you try to hide him because you're jealous and then try to kill him with an anti-matter laser or rolled up newspaper or whatever. How is this a hard concept?

You're overly simplifying it.

Really? Reading into Tarantulus wanting Prowl to take over his death fortress and lead his minions into glorious cleansing of the universe into a sign of love seems like oversimplifying. It's just waving your ship around and shouting that it's totally canon now.

> He was willing to let Hubcap live
Prowl doesn't kill others himself. Someone always does it for him.

It's Tarantulas. He's pure grade-a superfreak in IDW. Listen to how he talks about studying Verity's condition for himself, and of course once he opened her up he couldn't resist (currently unspecified) tinkering under the hood.

Dude, why are YOU making it about shipping? You're massively oversimplifying it. Just because Frank-N-Furter is the only obsessive/possessive hammy gay villain you can think of doesn't make the comparison work.

Besides, Roche himself compared Tarantulas and Prowl to Springer's parents. Springer is NOT Tarantulas' Rocky.

>Dude, why are YOU making it about shipping?
Dude, follow the damn conversation you just participated in and maybe you'll learn a thing or two. Don't just jump in uncertain waters and then bitch when it turns out someone had peed in the pool.

Also who said Franknfurther is the only obsessive hammy villain I can think of? And what does gay have to do with anything? Or Roche for that matter. He has an opinion, good for him.

Also Franknfurter created Rocky, dumbass. He was something of a parent to his creation. Your fault if you don't realize he didn't draw the line at fucking his son. I mean why not? He fucked everything else.