Me Grimlock say we create Marvel reboot

Me Grimlock say we create Marvel reboot.

>wanting nu-marvel to have their mits on TFs

Are you kidding me, IDW has been shitty enough, Marvel would just be another brand of shit

No, me Grimlock want to reboot Marvel! Not give Marvel Transformers!

based grimlock for wanting to reboot marvel when they almost made the entire marvel tf line a "simulation".

Me Grimlock thanks you.

I always did like Grimlock.

It'd be kind of interesting if they rebooted the live-action movies and the plot was based on the Marvel comics run.

puts butts in the seats

Seriously. What's not awesome in a giant alien robot that turns into a mecha t-rex that breathes super-heated plasma?

Also agreed with him, Marvel needs a reboot. A very hard and brutal one.

I was just about to make a thread before i noticed this one. I guess i'll just post here.

Does the MCU need a complete and total reboot, where everything and anything written and published up till now is shelved(not retconned, just not part of the reboot in any shape or form).

A new complete universe or multiverse is born with the same seed based on the previous one, but where things will be slightly, but not drastically different. Where it all would feel like the old one, just with a new spice.

How would you go about rebooting it? What should be written first?

What laws/rules would you implement that writers would have to follow in order to ensure the same mistakes of the old would not be repeated?

You guys already got 20-issue alternate ending series, what more do you want?

There's literally nothing good that can come of a hard reboot for Marvel. Anything good that might come out of it could be done with soft reboots and retcons, and it'd get rid of decades worth of usable continuity.
It was a stupid idea with the New 52 and it'd be stupid here.

grimlock wants to reboot MARVEL as a whole. not a reboot of the marvel series.

is there a "grimlock reacts to x" out there?

grimlock reacts to OMD sounds hilarious

Easy to say, but harder to pay!

I mean, Grimlock did answer reader letters in the UK TF comics.

fictional characters answering letters in comics

it's a lost art

Reboots don't solve problems in comics. They treat the symptoms, but not the disease.

The insistance that the exact same cast of heroes that was popular 50 years ago still has to be the same age today, active today, and pick and choosing what is canon from the last few decades in a way that is never consistent or well defined?

That's the core problem. As long as your goal is "How do we never stop printing Iron Man/Batman/whatever forever?" You are inevitably going to have problems. You can buy yourself time with a reboot, but all you are doing is retreading old ground and inevitably you end up right back where you started because the canon is a mess gain, only this time its faster because for some reason your writers still cant decide whether they are treating the old stuff as canon or not.

The solution isn't reboots. The solution is to give characters defined starting and end points, and when they reach their endpoint they retire or die and they STAY THAT WAY. Let their story end, and a new story begin.

Because right now we are stuck in a Chritsmas Music problem. You know how you hate christmas music? Thats because it sucks. Everyone knows it sucks. Everyone knew it sucked when it first came out. They are not good songs, with the exception of maybe one or two of them. BUT they were on the radio when baby boomers were kids, so it triggers nostalgia for them and so it gets played every year despite the fact no one likes it because somebody decided it was tradition. And until we are willing to let that arbitrary decision die, we are going to be stuck with it year after year.

Don't you fucking dare suggest killing some of my favorite characters.

All good things must come to an end, user.

Sure enough, nothing lasts forever, just wait until i check out first.

Like die-cast construction

Simple. Revert everything back to before Civil War. Even retcon MJ's miscarriage and finally make Peter a father. Hell, actually make it so that the superheroes and villains slowly start retiring, leading to Marvel 2 (kinda).

As for the rules? I would forbid asspulls like trying to break popular pairings (either by deliberately utilizing bad writing or other nebulous things).

Also never putting in Legacy Characters when the characters that they follow are still alive/not retired (averted if said LC's are sidekicks and didn't earn the cape/cowl/mask/whatever.).

If there is a massive crossover, then pair up different teams or individuals into groups and have writers write stories with those groups while also work with each other in order to have cohesion and continuity.

Always leave as little plotholes (if there are still some, then resolve them in later issues).

Can't come up with more.

Me Grimlock like your ideas user mouse!

>No, me Grimlock want to reboot Marvel!
You Grimlock no bozo!

You king!

I always remember this touching story when working at Target, when this kid was asking "Where's the Grimlock" and I reached it for him and he told me "Where's the Transformers prime version?" And I told him "He's not in the show kid, sorry" then he told me "Well he should be" and bought the Target exclusive Grimlock toy with crumpled 5 dollar bills and a sack of coins you could knock out a rhino with.

>Kid thought Grim was in Prime

You know? I too wanted Grim in Prime. The comics were not enough. And the Grim we've got in the 2015 RiD show was another Dinobot (how come there are more Dinobots after the Cybertron games and Prime?) who shared the name since somehow the name Grimlock is pretty COMMON among Dinobots.

SERIOUSLY WHAT? THERE CAN BE ONE GRIMLOCK. AND HE RIP AND TEARS DECEPTICONS IN THE THOUSANDS.

on the topic of Transformers, a reminder that the best Transformers comic is getting an omnibus release in just a couple days

>Revert everything back to before 1990
Fixed.

And also has a fire sword, donĀ“t forget the fire sword.

>a couple days

They've been saying that for close to a year now.

90's had some good stuff too you know.

I like the sword and gun combo, but FoC's sword and shield combo was great.

Also that AoE attack and one-hit-killing everything including things other characters (that are not Bruticus) had problems with.

The shows aren't canon to the games.

Good. Still waiting for a sequel to FoC.

>90's had some good stuff too
Make a list so I can laugh.

Keep waiting. Activision lost the license.

It got one.

Also, don't hold your breath, the team that made WFC and FOC were disbanded after FOC. Besides, Activision doesn't have the license anymore.

I completely agree, except for the Christmas song rant. I fucking love all holiday music and think we should have more. Christmas has like a dozen classic songs that get played every year, but Halloween only has two well-known ones. That should be rectified.

>two well known ones

Which ones?

>A very hard and brutal one.
user I couldn't agree more. I wanna see the giant killing machines kill each other.

If he's so awesome, why does he get his ass kicked by Megatron every time? Hell, even Thunderwing toyed with him.

Shut up Prowl.

Fuuuuuuuu...

Monster Mash and Thriller.

I love comics Grimlock who is a legit interesting character; a cold blooded arrogant diamond geezer with a strong sense of honour and right.

Cartoon Grimlock is nothing more than a joke, albeit an amusing one.

most continuity is unusable garbage

obey gm dinosaur custom and wipe the slate clean

The cartoon origin for the Dinobots is the best one

Good post.

Pish posh. Theres also 'Ghostbusters', 'The Time Warp', and at least in my area, 'Somebody's Watching Me'.

it's finalized now for the 23rd

also shut up Boco

Doesn't fix shit. Avengers will still be super fucked, X-Men super fucked (Messiah Trilogy and Rightclops came after Civil War), Iron Man fucked, Captain America fucked, etc.

>Build Robots with Simple Brains

Fucking Wheeljack....