Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/98067933/

Other urls found in this thread:

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Anatomical_Physiology
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Soil_Empowerment
desuarchive.org/co/thread/97927577/#98005472
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Last time:

-New pics of Bees Knees and other characters
-New characters
-Trine discussion, smuggling lines
-Bees Knees - Venus Fly Trap script progress, body swapping
-Discussion of what the plot would be when Lovely Ladybug, Poison Dart, and Awesome Man team up
-Seasons girls got names (read the wiki) and discussion for what their powers should be, powers have yet to be decided
-New Seasons Girls pics
-Other stuff I didn't mention

WIP of Spring, will do transformed state later today and then work on Winter

Whoops, here's the picture

And slightly updated Fall

I've been looking into aesthetics of native N/W European Paganism, and do far I haven't found a single representation (outside of Captain Planet style nature worship) that doesn't look like they're going to cut out someone's heart live on state.

Romans/Christians did nothing wrong stamping this freaky shit out.

Neat.

Glad she's no longer approaching midget levels since we already make those short jokes with Ladybug.

Thanks, will make a size chart when I finish all the girls.

Writing continues on the #1 script. Gonna refrain sharing it until it's done however.

Did her transformed form, going to start on Winter now.

Interesting choice of dress.

How much involvement do you think they have in choosing what their "magical girl" outfits are?

I want to say none. Sailor Moon didn't get a choice, Cutie Honey didn't, neither should they.

I based the dress out of ballet and english dancing dresses and a bit of a celtic mix in there as well. Maybe Lily could have a thing for ballet. Would fit with her upbeat spring personality.

Speaking of ballet.
>decide to look at traditional British dances
>many have literal black face

What's in the water on that fucking island?

I'm pretty sure that's a Germanic traditional in general. IIRC the Danes do it too.

If you want something less fifteenth century check out Scottish sword dances.

IIRC Spring's interest in the last thread was said to be folkish stuff, so ballet might be a bit too patrician for her.

Madoka got to design her own outfit, but that was probably just a small attempt to offset how depressing the rest of her setting is.

What kind of folkish stuff?

Don't know. Just in the last thread it was talked about how her interest in folklore and stuff made her somewhat aware of all the Seasonal stuff before circumstances threw her into it.

Does Seasons have it's own page yet?

Little WIP of what Winter will look like

No, still a sub-section on the Queen's Queers page.

Once all of them have individual pieces of art, then I'll make a page for their group.

Tip-toeing with plants sprouting behind her?

Then thank god I'm doing these then.

Other than their villian at their origin, I don't think the Season's have any other orihinal nemesis. So I have a stupid idea. Would you guys be against making a character, specifically a villian for the Seasons, starting with a random power generator? We can keep rolling for two powers until one set fits and we go on from there.

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random

I ended up with some body abomination that gets stronger when closer to the Earth.
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Anatomical_Physiology
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Soil_Empowerment

It's mainly because I find putting a single piece of art next to a character description is more likely to result in anons not fucking up the names than if there was one group pic with names labeled clearly in the description under it.

Makes me think that Batman Beyond villain that's a nuclear radiated zombie ghost.

I see what you mean, here's the full body of Winters human alter ego, she'll have her cross and cloak in her transformed state.

So how does that ponytail work?

Earth Mover gave me the creeps back then.

No idea, I felt like she needed something to add on her short hair, it looks a bit weird now that you bring it up.

So are you going for a hipster look with her?

Kind of, I was thinking of her being cold, smart but yet hipster girl. I didn't have too many references for her, so are you guys ok with that or want me to give her longer hair and more of a bubbly personality. Because Spring is already kind of bubbly and spunky.

Nah man, do your thing. You're doing good.

Thanks, I apologize for not really doing an anime style because I wanted this to have more of a Western look to it.

Her only really defining traits right now are "old money rich" and "likes reading yaoi".

re: the bartering comic, did we get a revision to the script at all? Didn't want to jump the gun and work on it if people wanted to give more feedback on it or if Sloth wanted to rewrite it at all

I might remove the yaoi part, but then again maybe I could do something with it.

It's really just a joke that stuck around because Magi is a lewd fellow.

I waited all last thread for some update, but none came.

I offered up my thoughts on the current script in the thread before last like the others and I haven't seen any updated pastebin since.

I find when working on on going projects, if you use pastebin, you really should retain the ability to edit the pastebin so that changes can be seen by viewing it without the need to notify the thread.

Personally I think it helps offset any kneejerk inclinations to just dump rich people tropes onto her.

I'm fine with doing offset thing to differentiate her from other rich trope character, but can't we think of anything else?

I don't think there's anything wrong with her being a fujo.

I get it if it's not your thing, but I think her having "shipper goggles" stuck over her eyes is pretty funny.
Plus it's something we haven't done before.

So what kinds of British accents will the girls have?

Something I've been wanting to do is revamp or re-tellings of comic book characters. (I dunno if those words are best to describe what I'm talking about.) As in designing new alt costumes, different motifs, etc.

I did this sketch of a retelling of Batman (or Batwoman depending on your preference) where Gotham doesn't exist anymore, it was destroyed by a massive bombing in 1999, were a good chunk of people who used to live there died.

So flash forward to 2044 where the city has built itself back up but under a strict sense of Utopia and turning a shoulder to undesirable subjects to the public and a sense of secrecy.

I thought of making a character who was abandoned by her parents, grown up in an aggressive orphanage and becomes a person who becomes a sort of underground crime boss who does morally gray things in certain situations. She doesn't look to be rewarded or praised, she looks at her way of life as a judge of a court, justice is served in different degrees and everyone won't be satisfied by how a court will handle a crime. People calling this criminal a bat/creature of the shadows.

Just something fun for me to do!

Keep those faggy scots out of this, that's all I have to say.

Looks kind of like a sorcerer.

We've already got Strummer to fill the Scot accent stereotype.

We'll probably have more Scots eventually, but not these four.

How does everyone feel about the girls transforming by slamming their bracelet together to form a cocoon around them self made out of various parts of their nature.

Spring - Flowers and Roots
Summer - Fire and magma
Autumn - Leaves and Wind
Winter - Ice and Crystal

I think it's a fine idea.

Does it do any area damage?
Like if they're surrounded by enemies, would the act of transforming stun them or blast them a little bit a way?

That could work especially for summers case since she is fire based and Winter could freeze surrounding enemies.

Autumn could blow them away and I guess Spring could entangle them or impale them with roots?

It also give an opportunity for them to get chewed out by Marian for causing collateral damage within a populated area.

You know, like those cop action movies.

Only the seasons girls would actually learn NOT to do their transformations around other people.
Unlike a certain crazy lady with super regenerating powers.

That's cool and all, really cool, actually, but this looks like it goes on the WOYA thread, or the Donut Steel thread.

Not trying to be a dick, but your stuff there, fits better in those threads.

Jesus. And what was wrong with Magi's Winter design?
Or let me rephrase that, what is wrong with taking Magi's Winter design as a base for this?

Sounds like a good idea, some nice chemistry would be great with both sides. Finished Winters transformation pose, will do her transformed form tomorrow.

We never saw what was under Magi's Winter design's hood.

Everyone gets chewed out by Marian.

It just depends on how well they take it.

Winter has a visivle face, though, mate. They all do.
That's been drawn. By Magi.

This just comes off as bland and boring Multiple times.

I will probably do an alternate version of her looking more like what she did in Magi's drawing, but for now I will stick to this design and finish her tomorrow so then I can work on Summer.

Well I am hoping we'll get some more discussion on the "I know a guy" project.

What do you think of the suggestions made back when the script was posted, Artist user?

Do you have a link to those posts?

Mine were
desuarchive.org/co/thread/97927577/#98005472
and the next few posts after it.

I think most of the grammatical fixes are extraneous, since the gist of what Sloth is conveying still gets across. He wanted to leave most of the description of each panel and page open-ended so I would fill in the blanks, and I can do that fine enough, even adding extra stuff in - but it does feel like, by filling in said blanks, I'm not giving him enough credit or influence in the work. That I should be drawing up more of what he suggests on paper, particularly if he comes up with certain details that accentuate Conner's actions and personality (for example psyching himself up against the dragon before forcing himself back from the convexion resulting from the dragon's breath, or constantly rolling up his baggy sleeves after swinging the sword, or brushing himself off or patting down his bag/hair free of dust, or other students pointing out that his jumper smells of smoke that he can't wash out for days, or bemoaning that wandering skeleton warriors aren't carrying gold and armor, etc).

Certain scenes that Sloth has left for interpretation, give room for he or I to research and Google certain things (like dragons or adventurers) and look for more keen details to put in the comic. It's like the first 'from memory' drawing of a bedroom versus a researched drawing - more details, but more for the sake of having details but for the sake of making sense and conveying character.

I like the ear gag. The comic can use some restrained art direction to make reactions and little gags like that pop better, as long as the reactions aren't too frequent and over-the-top as to be essentially white noise cancelling everything out. The reaction in the locker page, for example, might be a smidge dull if everything has absurd comic takes.

The grammatical fixes I gave him were mainly because he asked for them, I said as much that they wouldn't translate to art.
What I was hoping to do was push him to improve as a writer.
Chalk that up to doing extensive script editing for three years.

The impression I got from you in an earlier thread is that you wanted more details, to not be told "whatever you think is good" or something to that effect.
More details, more inspiration, less chance of getting stuck somewhere with more to look at and pick from.

If he's up for writing more for the script or rewriting, that would be great. If he decides the original draft or the rewrite is good enough as a foundation, I'll work with that and eventually the comic draft will be uploaded for feedback too.

Heh you've got a point! She does!

It's ok! I don't share my ideas here much so I dunno where to put some ideas in certain threads.

No way to know since he wasn't around last thread.
He said he was going to make some changes and fixes to it in the thread before last.

I just don't want to see if fizzle out so quickly is all.

Idea I had the other day. I was looking for a stereotypical mad scientist who is behind your average killer-robot-of-the-week plot.

A combo between a mad scientist who was corrupted by really bad chaos occult. A survivor of the 1920s Ukrainian famine/genocide, that was famous for being so bad that there were rumours of cannibalism. This guy, he did that, and other unspeakable things, that made him lose his humanity, both figuratively and literally. He did not give his soul specifically, he just fell further and further into depravity, so much that it started sustaining him.

His looks is a cross between a mad doctor and a person with accursed flesh, with real body horror looks, so he is rarely shown outside of shadows / silhouettes. His true form is therefore never shown, but it is implied that he is extremely grotesque.
He is "capable of harnessing the power of decay" - not an actual power, but an explanation that he is immune to disease, can live in rotten, disease-filled environments, and requires no food either. Therefore he is functionally immortal, can afford longer term thinking, and has several plans in motion at any time. Rumoured that he is owed decade-old favours by many high-ranking officials throughout the world.

He wants the entire world to fall into the same despair he lived through, and doing so requires destroying anything that gives people hope (and therefore the Justice Comrades), and generally just wreak havoc and destroy things.

However, he is NOT a genius, so while he still builds crazy stuff, they are things that took years or decades to build. Therefore his weaponry often has a layer of oxidization on it (the metal gets worn by the time it is fully assembled). This is why he is known by the name, "Doctor Patina" by those dealing with his creations.

You'd think someone who lives a long time with that sort of ambition would dedicate time to getting smart enough to see their ambitions through.

On the subject of mad scientists, there's one that's been on my mind that I feel has been severely underutilized: Von Kraut.
He's just a blip in Chaptor's rogues gallery, but he mentored a number past and current mad scientists in the setting, one of his students being Professor Manticore mentioned in one story.

Is there a mad scientist "lineage"? A succession of student-teacher mad scientists?

>You'd think someone who lives a long time with that sort of ambition would dedicate time to getting smart enough to see their ambitions through.

Going from cannibalism to building killer robots is not smart enough...?

>Is there a mad scientist "lineage"? A succession of student-teacher mad scientists?

We had that one geneticist who was following Mandy Korr's work and became part fish.

I think what's missing is that Magi's Winter is just so FUN. Yeah she's lewd as hell, but it's not just pleasure but also fun. She enjoys it, and she's got a really cheeky glint in her eyes.

Might he generate infinite money over infinite time via "Patents"?

I get the sense that new seasons user intended for their season to be its own thing. So considering we have a multi-verse that should easy enough to implement, just need to assign a moniker for their version.

A no-fun allowed Winter already made thing think about a cross over version where they met, and how hipster winter is horrified at the fujou winter.

It's just...That hair...Those glasses...All I can think is "Big Red."

Though all I can think of with a "no fun allowed" wearing a cross is those really stuffy Calvinists.

Right now I am redesigning the my Winter to be bit more like Magi's so I should have the design re uploaded. The only reason I made er like that is because I really didn't have too many references to go by.

Redone Winter's design

Well saying he's not a genius implies he's not learning all that fast.

I don't recall this character.

I'm pretty sure they're meant to be the same characters, this is just so there's some greater individual focus on them.

>I get the sense that new seasons user intended for their season to be its own thing
>So considering we have a multi-verse
I don't see how this isn't the worse idea for /coc/ to have. Let alone how shit multi-verses are in other media, what this means with us, is that we are not going to get shit done, but twice.
Do new people just barge in with something, and don't even ask questions about said something?

I agree, we should establish at least one universe before we create a whole bunch of multiverse. user is just trying to create his own vision of those characters, not trying to create an alternate counterpart to them.

And by own version I know you mean design. As in it's just another artists take on the concept without reinventing the idea. Like how there are multiple ways in which Sup Forumslette is drawn depending on the artist.

I think it's best to clarify that now before some idiot jumps to conclusions.
I've seen that happen before more than once with disastrous results and I'd hate for this to scare off someone who is actually drawing them.

This since there are not many drawings of the Seasons girls compared to Golden gal and Sup Forumslette.

Wanted to bring this back up, since I didn't see anything on him yet, but a human design for the Devil Beetle, and either his underling or a fellow mob boss, who can dissolve into a collection of slugs equal to his own mass, that he mainly uses to spy on people

Talk about a slimy underworld!

Does that also allow him to take more punishment by selectively turning large portions of himself into slugs? If a single slug is killed, is it like getting a paper cut?

>is apparently old-money
>wears crucifix
>but also wears a headscarf?

I'm so confused about this character.

It's supposed to be a nun hood, the wiki description describes her having religious like clothes on her.

Anyway, finished her transformed form, going to do Summer now.

Looks good to me.

I like the transformed look.
A little old-fashioned tradition but not unheard of. I see a few women do it. They usually have more frilly cloth rather than full hood, though

No one dresses like that outside of Eastern Europe.

True, I'm just saying there are women who cover their hair. Not like that but that's the particular one I could find. The women in my church more cove their hair with a frilly cloth.

If we're being completely honest, there hasn't been a single one of these redesigns so far that I've preferred over the Magi versions.

That's because Magi draws them as lewd anime magical girls while others draw them as realistic women.

I really wish artists would just stop drawing big boobed characters from a side angle, they always get the boob proportions wrong.

They're not that lewd in terms of design.

No. It's because Magi draws them with charm and with character. Magi's versions look fun and entertaining.

I think Magi just has a lot more experience designing characters than the new artist. I'd ask the new guy if he genuinely feels like he has a better concept of the characters, or he's trying to redesign them just to "leave a mark."

>Magi draws the magical girls as magical girls

I can see how that'd be a problem, surely.

I think you're overthinking it. The current guy is drawing them because he just wants to draw them.

A better question would be how much interest he has in the characters.

Him drawing them is also forcing us to actually discuss them as individuals and figure more of their business out. Like their powers, how the use them, how they access them, etc.

Most of the time I think Magi is using a simplified style with the Seasons girls, so we hardly ever get a good look at the details of their faces.

Different =/= bad.

>The current guy is drawing them because he just wants to draw them.
I don't know, I'm just a little antsy about him describing them explicitly as "redesigns." It carries some connotations to my ear.

I wish older Golden Girl ended up being a thicc, high test muscle girl she beast, but apparently I'm the weird one.