Talespin's World

>In one episode, Baloo comments that "The Great War ended 20 years ago,"

What was WW1 like in this world where a businessman has his own military fleet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E6hyUlqL054
youtube.com/watch?v=80LKBCgjIus
youtu.be/6-hk_7Ln-MM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Imagine WW1 but with crazier shit.

The pilots in WW1 were pretty crazy anyway considering they used to lean out the cockpit and (try) shoot each other with pistols.

...I wonder if Baloo was in their WW1?

He was a child at the time. He idolized one of the great squadrons like someone would Michael Jordon.

Why would someone idolize a bad actor that only appeared in one movie?

Because he was a great athlete before he was an actor.

>...I wonder if Baloo was in their WW1?
The question you should be asking is "how old will Kit be in 1939?"

I was just making a joke.

Cool shit, is this from a series bible or something?

Merchandise guide.

I love this, keep it up.

Reminder Tony Jay is dead.

tfw no proper ReBoot reboot

Now that I think about it Talespin's world reminds me of Crimson Skies.

The Tailspin universe always interested me in how plane centric it was, like the kid had an air board. I thought it was our universe if zeppelins and air ships took off like I wished they did

>tfw you will never battle air pirates in a seaplane.

Same thing that made me love Sky Odyssey and Skies of Arcadia.

youtube.com/watch?v=E6hyUlqL054

And always loved this song too.

Flying in general is just great.

I read a while ago Don Rosa wrote two episodes of this

There was a comic story in Disney Adventures that had Baloo going up against a kid-friendly stand-in for the Nazis, "the Snauzers", who were attacking cargo planes with a weather-controlling blimp.

They could be coming back. There's new experiments in using airships to traverse long distances using very little fuel.

The aestetics of this show were fucking amazing.

I believe the Chinese episode was the one cut from the DVD releases

radical

no way something like this could be made nowdays. too much "muh racism"

>meanwhile in Australia

I miss stereotypes. It's not as if the "America" from these cartoons was any less of a caricature.

Elaborate on this.

There's a load. The US DoD has spent billions over the last decade. The UK has one as well where they made it look like a butt because "lol butts".

What episode was this from?

Bygones. A pilot from the war shows up and tries to use the Seaduck to complete his last mission.

The Airlander 10
Unfortunately they crashed it first time out of the hanger

Parachute technology must be top tier since everyone manages to jump off everytime with no malfunctions.

God that's sexy

Well since they rely so much on planes its only natural they perfect parachutes.

THICC

tried to google this but didnt find anything

The problem with investing all these new technologies in airships is that the fundamental problems of airships still exist.

They don't burst into flames any more.

I've got two pages

That and the one about Baloo carrying a bomb without knowing. Something something terrorism.

What is that accent?
youtube.com/watch?v=80LKBCgjIus

Cuban

youtu.be/6-hk_7Ln-MM

The air pirates' stubby little planes were probably inspired by the Russian I-16 which similarly has an open cockpit and looks strangely shrimpy compared to the better-known aircraft of WWII, in which it was eventually replaced by newer designs.

Katie Dodd is cute

Nice rack.

I´m hillarious and I find this german.

Imagine Pete covered in dirt and grime, walking through no-mans-land in a daze after Cpt. Bradely Uppercrust the II's assault ended in his entire platoon getting massacred.

Everyone swears up and down that it aired once and was banned, but I know damn well I saw it multiple times as a kid. I was too young to understand much of the episode, but I thought the skywriting code was cool as hell. I remember writing down the codes the next time I saw the episode.

It got reduced in airings after 9/11 on Toon Disney, along with Lucky's final episode in Bonkers.

Which accent is this again?

Now that we've mentioned Katie Dodd, what does Sup Forums think of an extremely good, yet deeply underrated TaleSpin villain?

I thought they were based on American airship based fighters.

Ricky Riccardo.

>LU-CY! You've got some 'splaining to do!

Myra Foxworthy is cuter.

As a fa/tg/uy, I always thought it'd be fun to run a game set in the Talespin world. It'd probably work with Fate/Spirit of the Century.

Oh yeah, I forgot that the US actually had a flying aircraft carrier in the 1930s.

Cuban

I have said the same thing to my friends a dozen times.

Whats his name?

That doesn't have the stubby quality that the I-16 has, but then again, maybe that was just done to make the designs cartoony and silly-looking.

in the last episode of tailspin its revealed that Kits full name was Adolph Kitler

What Kit the Disney's Hitler?