Phase 4

we’re coming to the end of phase 3 now. With only 3 movies left. When will we hear about phase 4?

We already know about

>Spiderman 2
>Guardians volume 3
>Black Widow
>Doctor Strange 2
>Black Panther 2
>Captain Marvel 2
>Antman 3

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/7c6keq/stan_lee_just_confirmed_a_black_widow_movie/
youtube.com/watch?v=g_CtpDnIyWg
spoilertv.com/2017/11/disney-in-talks-to-buy-most-of-21st.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Inhumans
HAH!!!

There will be more Avengers films, just with a radically different cast (Strange, Spider-Man, Ant-Man, Captain Marvel, Panther, maybe others)
Secret Invasion is a possibility.
There's probably another headliner we don't know about yet.
Of the current Avengers roster the ones who might get another movie I'd guess Thor is the strongest possibility, even though none is planned
Ruffalo has talked about a Hulk movie but that has the whole Universal problem.
X-Men seems like phase 5 (if that happens and if the Fox deal happens).
Same with F4.

After Fox Deal:

> Wall to wall Spidey and Wolverine, all other characters will be fucked.

If they're at all smart they'll keep the X-Men a completely separate (and R-rated) movie universe, and just hopefully find someone to put in charge who cares about the franchise more than the old Fox execs did.

Phase Fantastic Four, with Kamala Khan. Rumors of a Black Widow movie are picking up, but she'll probably be buddied up with someone else, like Scarlet Witch.

Probably Dr. Strange 2, but I think Marvel is giving up on that a little even though the first made decent money.

X-Men won't show up in the MCU for a while, because the X-Men franchise is already a little oversaturated and could benefit from a few years off. Phase five will also have a really surprise choice of some random comic someone really likes, like Moon Night or Avengers Academy.

I have a feeling that Marvel Studios had an inkling about the Fox deal and held off on revealing the plan for phase 4 until it became concrete.

All the movies you listed, alongside a Fantastic Four movie and a handful of X-Men films while setting up Galactus as the new big bad, or maybe they'll still go with Dormammu, as I think was the original plan.

>they'll keep the X-Men a completely separate (and R-rated) movie universe
You don't have to keep them separate, just do Xforce Defenders and Midnight Sons

>spend years seeking the X-Men
>finally get them
>we're not going to use them in our incredibly successful cinematic universe.

Yeah, that's not going to happen. This stupid "r-rated equals good" meme isn't held by most people.

>no Spider-Man Homecoming
>Avengers 4 is still Infinity War Part 2
It's clearly an older version on the release schedule

>Yeah, that's not going to happen.
Ofc, if they want a R-rated universe they can use other things like i said: Xforce Defenders and Midnight Sons Moon Knight etc ... they said that they want to keep Deadpool R-rated and they can use more things, and put the main X-Men team inside the MCU, we should have the X-Men and FF in 2020-21

> Scarlet Witch does not fit in Black Widow's part of the Marvel Universe.

> Winter Soldier, Falcon, Maria Hill, Nick Fury and Hawkeye would be most likely to feature in a BW movie.

> The only place where Scarlet Witch fits is in Doctor Strange, and even so that will only happen if they introduce/reveal the Elder God's. If she's not a magic user she will definitely be killed off along with Vision, as she would have no relevance.

Wolverine and Deadpool sell too much

Rocket Raccoon movie (Is there any posibility at all?)

>3 movies left
>Black Panther, Avengers Infinity War, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Captain Marvel, and Avengers 4
We only saw the first half of phase 3. we're far from done.

>with Kamala Khan

no way she's getting used. Marvel Studios =/= Marvel Comics. Fiege is too smart for that.

I think we'll get some new characters added, like Man-Thing or Ka-Zar

I can see the logic of not doing an X-Men movie for a few years after getting the rights, because there's been a lot of X-Men movies lately and there's some franchise fatigue, but they're gonna have an X-Men MCU movie out by 2022.

The real question is if/when they use Wolverine. He's the most popular X-Man, but is so strongly associated with Hugh Jackman that they can't easily recast him, I think

I want a Rogue movie but not with Anna Paquin

Kamala Khan has a lot more brand value than Rocket Raccoon did, and is appearing in cartoons now. They're pushing her for real.

R rated doesn't equal good. Separate universe would be retarded

I'm almost certain that Kamala will show up in Carol's films.

Also, the most likely bet for 2020's 3 films are

>>GOTG 3
>>Black Widow
>>Dr Strange 2

>I'm almost certain that Kamala will show up in Carol's films.

They take place in the 90s, so probably not.

I can see them dropping Doctor Strange as they are likely to focus on cosmic and X-Men. Ant-Man, Panther, and Cap Marvel all have strong connections to the Avengers, Strange has none.

I'm not too hopeful for the Black Widow movie, there's so many most likely better made female spy movies already out there that are basically the exact same plot without being bogged down by being set in a capeshit universe with far more powered characters. Like the meme about Red Sparrow being the Black Widow movie that got misnamed in translation is right.

They should just say fuck it and go with the idea the female cast members had of having a team-up movie of only the female characters, but still call it Black Widow and have the story revolve around her, e.g. she's the one who puts together the team to fight Lorelei.

>thinking the second one will take place in the 90s too

WHYYYYY

>When will we hear about phase 4?

Probably shortly after Infinity War.
The event that announces the Phase 4 movies could also reveal the Avengers 4 full title and the first trailer.

MCU's Spider-Man 2 (which still needs a full title) is part of Phase 4 and that should start filming this year since it has a 2019 release. So we should be getting news this year. They seem to like always having at least one movie currently filming so it'll probably start filming around June since Captain Marvel is meant to complete filming in May.

James Gunn has mentioned that Nova was one of the properties they were interested in using, I could see him getting pushed up now that they can eventually do Annihilation thanks to the FOX deal.

Ya'll niggas know who needs to be the next multi-Phase big bad, pulling the strings of all the other villains towards his goal of global domination.

None of this generic world-eater giant space CGI baddy ideas like Galactus or Dormammu.

>They take place in the 90s, so probably not.

user, you are aware the film will end with her in the present in Avengers 4, right?

Dr. Strange's director says he's getting back in gear for something, so it's probably Dr. Strange 2.

>assuming there will be a second one

Iron Man bridging the Space Marvel Earth Marvel with a Fin Fan Foom movie.
Spider-Man centric non-avengers cross over film that ties Venom Dr Doom Fantastic Four maybe even X-Men being too young or something.
Look, if you already have young actors for X-Men why not address directly the mainstream old 616 problem of Spider-Man always being the outsider troubled teen problems while Xavier was literally running a private school aimed directly at his demographic.
Seems like an X-cellent opportunity for a Secret Wars Savage Land mash-up. Good opportunity for a new Kitty Pride to meet Peter Parker to get that Bends relationship from Ultimate that worked so well.

They already said they'd be fine with making more R-rated stuff since people now know what they're getting after Deadpool and Logan.

Disney wouldn't roll the dice because they'd have to deal with the fallout of parents bringing their kids to R-rated films with the Marvel logo. Fox popped that cherry for them, so they've literally got no beef with R-rated stuff in the MCU now.

I hope Skrulls aren't a one-and-done villain for Captain Marvel 1, they could be the over-arching antagonists for at least the next Phase.

>Inhumans

Don't tell me they'll actually try to force this meme on the general public

Yeah I get the feeling this is what they will be doing.

I mean the Black Widow movie shit already sounds annoying, Feige probably thinks it will be a huge hit but it's going to make Ant-Man money.

I hope they don't abandon Cosmic post-GotG and I don't mean Marvel Studios doing movies about Gunn's shitty Ravagers, but move to Silver Surfer or Nova or something else.

They already did, and it went about as well as you expect.

that's Marvel tv, controlled by Jeph Loeb and ties with Marvel Comics, both which arent controlled by Fiege. They are pushing her because they are hoping the movies will notice and use her, but Fiege doesnt give a fuck about what they do and beats to his own drum.

Why do you think 95% of Marvel movie characters have been classic characters instead of whatever flavor of the month shit the current comics are pushing?

>thinking Kamala will appear as anything other than a namedrop even in a Captain Marvel 2

>I can see them dropping Doctor Strange

lmaoooo

Fiege picks the franchises based on what they add to the universe. You really think they are going to get rid of the magic/dimensions character? Not unless they have a backup (like Man-Thing and Nexus of all Realties, and a new magic hero)

Fpbp

Lorelei was in agents of shield and was dealt with by Sif.

Black Widow movie was announced one day after Stan Lee harassment allegations came out and like four days after Michael Douglas came out pre-emptively to deny harassment allegations that were planning on being published in the future. It's timing of announcement was likely done as damage control regardless if they had any plans to make a Black Widow focused movie in the near future.

God he actually looks pretty good looking back on it, it's a shame about everything else.

Give Nova and Silver Surfer solo movies. Expand the cosmic element of MCU and put together Guardians, Nova, Surfer, Adam Warlock, Quasar and Captain Marvel. After few solo films make the team up, and then adapt Annihilation/Conquest/Annihilators for the big screen (2 parts, just like Infinity War). Maybe even add Inhumans and wipe out any signs of TV-Series' existence.

reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/7c6keq/stan_lee_just_confirmed_a_black_widow_movie/

Stan Lee leaked it back in November. So it's been in development for a while it seems. Though the timing they chose to bring it into the spotlight is a little suspect.

phase 4 will be announced after dark phoenix which will bring x-men into the mcu

youtube.com/watch?v=g_CtpDnIyWg

phase 4:
wanda will get controlled by chthon in avengers 4
some heroes will have to go back in time to help with this similar to how they went back in time to stop thanos. thor will go back in time to meet hercules and gilgamesh and enchantress and chthon. this movie will be used to set up stuff that will appear in the future with a dr strange movie where he will go back in time and meet black knight and the ancient one when she was younger. the hercules and gilgamesh movie will also set up movies earlier than that with conan, kull, atlanteans, and lemurians. those movies will help set up namor to appear in the future. these movies with hercules, gilgames, conan, and kull will mostly be similar to thor: ragnarok in style. sinbad will be set up in one of these movies as a non-superpowered adventurer to appear in future movies

Doesnt some german studio own FF rights & Fox only owned distribution rights?

>dropping Doctor Strange
I can see them dropping Ant-Man, Captain Marvel or even Black Panther before that
Antman and the Wasp once they explain the microverse both can go to Avengers and don't do more solo, Captain Marvel could be in a Nova Coprs movie or some shit like that and I don't know if T'Challa is relevant for the MCU, if they want a relevant black character they can bring back Blade, they can't drop Strange because they have no magic characters in the MCU, the next movie should be Triumph and Torment

Supposedly. But in the press release announcing it they mention the Fantastic Four.

spoilertv.com/2017/11/disney-in-talks-to-buy-most-of-21st.html

>Combining with Disney are 21st Century Fox’s critically acclaimed film production businesses, including Twentieth Century Fox, Fox Searchlight Pictures and Fox 2000, which together offer diverse and compelling storytelling businesses and are the homes of Avatar, X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool

>and I don't know if T'Challa is relevant for the MCU, if they want a relevant black character they can bring back Blade

perfect sense! Let's drop one of the longtime Avengers for a B-list hero who's only claim to fame and relevance is Welsey Snipes playing him in a movie! Blade is so important to the MCU, more than Black Panther!

Praise Kek! Right on!

It doesnt exactly state that they owned FF and that Disney will be able to use it

>Let's drop one of the longtime Avengers
Really is an irrelevant character and an irrelevant Avenger just like the Wasp and add almost nothing

They could have Conan appear in a cameo in the prologue of a Blade or Midnight Sons movie if they did one, fighting Varnae (instead of Kull).

Few things.
1) There is already talk of an Ant-Man 3 among the director and some of the cast (Michael Pena)
2) Carol Danvers is very hyped and their first female solo film.
3) Black Panther is expected to sell 120 million opening weekend.

I don't think Marvel will take any current franchise off the table. I think that people need to tame their expectations about the FF and X-Men and not expect a floodgate for them. I wouldn't be shocked if they start with one FF and one X-Men film a phase and then see where that goes at first.

here is your next multiphase spanning villain

Not gonna happen, the character is horrible and made just to sell toys

I fully expect this, but I think they will try to do something to update him.
You mean just like the MCU films?

Is even worst, he was made just to sell that Mattel toys and have one of the worst hitories

Then what about Hickman Beyonders? It's apparent that a lot of his run is going to be borrowed for the films. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if the Black Order was a mandate for the films.

They could work better