Diamond announces 2017 Gem Award winners

Diamond has just announced their 2017 Gem Award winners, which recognize publishers and products that achieved significant sales success. The winners are chosen by comic book specialty retailers. DC was the large publisher of the year and Aftershock the smaller (under 3% market share ) publisher of the year; DC books led the products with Batman #24 and Doomsday Clock. Marvel was content with Top Dollar Market Share Publisher of the Year, Top Dollar Comic Book of the Year for Marvel Legacy #1; and Licensed Comic of the Year with Star Wars: The Screaming Citadel #1.

Image had the best new comic with Redneck.

The complete list:
2017 Diamond Gem Award Suppliers of the Year

2017 Comic Book Publisher of the Year – Over 3%: DC Comics

2017 Comic Book Publisher of the Year – Under 3%: Aftershock Comics

2017 Backlist Publisher of the Year: DC Comics

2017 Manga Publisher of the Year: VIZ Media

2017 Game Manufacturer of the Year: WizKids

2017 Toy Manufacturer of the Year: Funko

2017 Diamond Gem Award Products of the Year

2017 Comic Book of the Year – Under $3.99: Batman #24, DC Comics

2017 Comic Book of the Year – Over $3.99: Doomsday Clock #1 (of 12), DC Comics

2017 Best New Comic Book Series: Redneck, Image Comics

2017 Best All Ages Series: DuckTales, IDW Publishing

2017 Best All Ages Original/Reprint GN: DC Super Hero Girls, volume 4: Past Times at Super Hero High, DC Comics

2017 Licensed Comic of the Year: Star Wars: The Screaming Citadel #1, Marvel Comics

2017 Licensed TP or HC of the Year: Batman TMNT, volume 1, DC Comics/IDW Publishing

2017 Original Graphic Novel of the Year: Wonder Woman Earth One, volume 1, DC Comics

2017 Reprint TP or HC of the Year: The Walking Dead: Here’s Negan, Image Comics

2017 Indie Graphic Novel of the Year: My Favorite Thing is Monsters GN Vol. 1, Fantagraphics Books

2017 Manga TP of the Year: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Volume 1, VIZ Media

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsbeat.com/diamond-announces-2017-gem-award-winners/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rutland_Halloween_Parade
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

2017 Anthology of the Year: Love is Love GN, IDW Publishing

2017 Magazine of the Year: Heavy Metal, Heavy Metal Magazine

2017 Trade Book of the Year: The Legend of Zelda: Art & Artifacts HC, Dark Horse Comics

2017 Best Free Comic Book Day Book: FCBD 2017 I Hate Image, Image Comics

2017 Game Product of the Year: Marvel HeroClix: Deadpool and X-Force Booster Brick, WizKids/NECA

2017 Toy Product of the Year: Marvel Gallery: Dr. Strange PVC Figure, Diamond Select Toys

2017 Toy Line of the Year: POP!, Funko

2017 Collectible Statue of the Year: DC Designer Series: The Joker by Brian Bolland Statue, DC Collectibles

comicsbeat.com/diamond-announces-2017-gem-award-winners/

>DC was the large publisher of the year and Aftershock the smaller (under 3% market share ) publisher of the year; DC books led the products with Batman #24 and Doomsday Clock.

The absolute state of Marlel comics

Marvel BTFO

>Marvel

>2017 Licensed Comic of the Year: Star Wars: The Screaming Citadel #1, Marvel Comics
Marvel sole award, and is basically in a category where it has almost no real competition.

Can these companywars stop, it’s honestly embarassing to side with a corporation over another

I would agree with you but it's something Marvel does. I mean, you never saw DC do the trolling in their actual literal top selling comic book interiors that Marvel did over MoS or (especially BvS) when, for example, Marvel Studio's cinema output was Hulk I or Hulk II (or even for say the last FF, even if wasn't MCU). You don't really see the top talent AND the actual masthead editors trolling and taking pot shots on twitter and other social media. And there are no photographs of say Mort, Julie, Carmine, Jenette Kahn, Paul Levitz, or any of the current DC Comics exec's pictures happily smiling for the camera as they shred a copy of the best selling GN that Marvel had at that time, they way Stan Lee was pictured WHEN he still was supposedly playing an active role in Marvel, versus his ex-officio role of the recent and current era.

DC endured this suffering for the entirety of the new52 user.

>you never saw DC do the trolling in their actual literal top selling comic
Funny you would mention that, just today is was reading some Batman when i encountered this page.

>2017 Best Free Comic Book Day Book: FCBD 2017 I Hate Image, Image Comics
I have to agree. Star Trek Broken Mirror is my #2 though

>2017 Magazine of the Year: Heavy Metal, Heavy Metal Magazine
Morrison Heavy Metal is fucking great. Really fucking weird but great.

King's Batman is shit. The sales are because of mentally damaged poeple. It's not something to be happy about.

I think comic writer guy getting stepped on is Denny O'Neil, whose foot got stepped on.

>The sales are because of mentally damaged poeple.
I see you've been buying multiple copies of King's Batman.

That actually set up a stealth crossover between Marvel and DC because Tom Fagan was a real person who ran a Halloween Parade in Rutland, in the 1970's.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rutland_Halloween_Parade

No, I didn't. You probably did.

You only quoted part of mine, neglecting the references to DC films being trashed in the Marvel books, something DC never did to either the Marvel Studios, or simply Marvel character based films, even when they were bigger bombs than any of the DC Films (e.g. Ang Lee's Hulk or the last FF film), see image related (which was just one of about four things Marvel ran in a roughly six month time frame).

>2017 Comic Book of the Year – Under $3.99: Batman #24

Why? Just because he proposed to Catwoman in that issue? Are DCfags that big of soap opera bitches that's what qualifies as the best comic of the year?

>Toy Product
>a statue
I'm not saying they should nominate a Marvel Legends or those Bruce Timm BTAS figures but at least make yourself sound respectable. I don't not why so many companies put "statute" in their toy categories.

>2017 Licensed Comic of the Year: Star Wars: The Screaming Citadel #1, Marvel Comics
Fucking really? That storyline was shit (yeah it had an OK set up in #1, but it wasn't great).

this was such a trashy page