What are your thoughts on the current state of Sup Forums?

What are your thoughts on the current state of Sup Forums?

The threads seem better in 2018 desu

Last year was very bad for Sup Forums IMO. There could be a slight uptick.

it's better than most of the other boards i'm a Sup Forums migrant, I can say with 100%
certainty that this place is better

Waifu and Sup Forums threads are overabundant
Our drawthread is shit
And we really need to do something about the Neogaf/Reddit invasion

If you avoid discussion about a certain politically controversial cartoon you may possibly dodge astroturfers.

All upcoming cartoons look like shit, so im both extremly angery and saddened at the current state of animation. I really wish all these spineless hipster brats and brainless execs that greenlight their shit would just die already, so the industry can get good again.

>Waifu threads are overabundant
Will always be Sup Forums and theirs nothing you can do to change that

Make a cartoon.

Now I'm basically only in it for a couple niche things and the occasional meme thread that manages to pop up.

Most of them belong on /aco/.

Waifu threads are one of the few times co isn't talking about diversity/Cal arts/"SJW's"/whatever is ruining their funny books.

I can honestly say it's my favorite place to talk with folks who want to have sex with cartoon children

I'd rather Sup Forums actually talked about comics or cartoons rather than making literal circlejerk threads

This

because funny books are in a shitty state and everyone involved is ruining them.

Right, but how many Raven threads do we need for example? What is there to talk about except circlejerking a character?

Eh, same as always.

We actually talk about the characters, and /aco/ isnt for discussion. Just accept waifu threads will be here to stay.

what said. Its one thing to have a variety of waifus but a single thread devoted to a character is just gonna go straight to circlejerk town.It just ends up like the senran kagura threads that appear on Sup Forums with horny anons spouting stuff like "do you think muh waifu would give anal on the first date?:

Lets be honest, the cal arts threads, the ones about Squirrel Girl, they might as well be circle jerk threads except everyone is just saying how angry they are instead of how horny they are.
To call them "discussions" is laughable.

>We actually talk about the characters
hahahaha
it is literally just image dumps most of the time

T.never been in a waifu thread

It is hot garbage and I love it

At least its not Sup Forums

Yet.

I just saw the Raven one and it is mostly circlejerking.

being shot in the liver is a better experience than browsing Sup Forums

that everyone here regardless of where they sit on the political spectrum is a hypersensitive faggot with an axe to grind and needs to get over themselves.

nowadays i only really come here for storytimes & the rare chance for off topic discussions when the mods are asleep since they're usually better than on said topic's home board.

Alright here's another example: Channel-Tans. What the fuck even are those threads? I can understand Sup Forums wanting to do fanfic/art of Sup Forums characters, but its literally OC doughnutsteel shit based off networks. At least shit like that recent fusion thread knew what it was. And while we're on the subject, Sup Forums "projects" are both the best/worst kinds of threads we have. I can recall times when they were productive and actually had fun content, but then at the same time they can quickly devolve into infights/fapbait the longer they go on.

Hey, we aren't THAT bad.

Channel tans are stupid, i agree, but they are still Sup Forums and i dont like how people want MORE rules and to give our already over zealous mods to double down on their bullshit, they alreay delete threads about actual cartoons.

How are Channel-tans Sup Forums?

Nothing changes, still shitty live action threads, still pointless waifu threads, still people who will defend bad cartoons just for (you)s.

When do we get to leave this hell?

The only good thing to happen here was the removal of MLP

Because they're drawings. End of story.

I have literally never enjoyed myself while browsing Sup Forums beyond the relief I feel from knowing how much less pathetic I am than those people.

No, its not "end of story" you faggot. Its not based off of a comic or cartoon you can discuss, its a group circlejerk over creations that go no where

Same as most of the site, you kids are aight enough, but the old anons were better, but you know times change.

Sup Forums got hit by the general disease and the rather unfortunate fact that is the "Cinematic Universe" which fucked up the content pretty badly by mixing Sup Forums and Sup Forums too hard, but storytimes and independent threads still happen, but things are starting to seem like slurry of crossposting and generals.

Its based on cartoon networks, faggot

At least they produce more content unlike other threads.

Anyway, what happened to generals?

mods need to be less hands on and anons need thicker skin
I understand waifu threads but I think it's silly to staple bulbous ass/tits/thighs on female characters but have the nipples and other naughty bits covered. makes /aco/ redundant

As the person who was responded by that user, they have personifications of freeform and cbs.

interesting, I felt the exact same thing when I used to browse Sup Forums

most are based of networks that air cartoons but they've expanded the roster to pretty much every network out there including foreign ones and ones that don't even air cartoons. It hit circlejerk a long time ago but they keep it to weekends so far.

A corporation/channel isn't the same thing. Sure, if they were talking about the network in regards to their current cartoons/schedules, then yeah that's something on topic. Channel-tans aren't that, they even cover a wide range of networks that aren't Sup Forums related at all

this, the mcu caused a lot of crossboarding to happen.

Yeah, I know.

A lot of the OC threads need to be moved to /aco/ or /trash/ or something

Frankly that whole incident was just funny.

>we

You're not a part of anything Boco. You're too ambivalent on Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and /trash/ before you got cucked by old black men

Sup Forums was, and still kind of is in shambles.
Because of cardboard.

People are just too focused on sex these days that it's all they talk about and it's naturally poured into things as sacred and comic books and even worse and on an even larger scale, music. it's a shame.

It hurts that even as shit as Sup Forums is, this is still true. The variety of this place is the saving grace IMO.

for whatever goddamn reason the words I backspaced were posted as well.

While Sup Forums is in shambles that has been the status quo for about 7 or so years now, and that is being generous, the cardboard is hardly responsible.

Me but on /qa/. That place is fucking soulless. And this thread will be sent there soon enough most likely.

Hey I'm older than most of you but still young, and current Sup Forums sucks.
Sup Forums hasn't been good for 10-12 years.

which ones specifically? I can only think of the batman threads

Too much capeshit
Too much Star Wars
I can't be pleased

>I can recall times when they were productive and actually had fun content
Then the inevitable happened, people found reason to say the content wasn't welcome and they were either shitposted into oblivion or told to leave.

Let artists have fun and enjoy themselves, within reason, or you'll be unhappily surprised when you treat them like shit they'll find some other place to go to. Don't be like /tg/ and try and get rid of your content creators, soon it'll just be full of Generals and shitposting.

Hell dude, there are people now, trying to screw up those "Draw an animal Character" threads for some reason. When people get too anal about what does and doesn't belong, then you risk getting rid of everything that made the board good and you're left with people finding ways to spend their time arguing about what content should be allowed.

The really shitty content is threads that are nothing more than Sup Forums bait designed to start shitty politics/sjw/feminist/race arguments that stay until autosage. That fucking "Lena Dunham Feminist movie" that wasn't even an actual movie at all and was just literal bait comes to mind.

Okay what about fusion threads? Granted its just fucking begging like our drawthread, but some of the combinations do offer interesting "what if" brainstorming possibilities. I also recall Earth 3 threads being fun. But you're right, they inevitably fall into shiposting grand central

Amelia Bedelia isn't fucking Sup Forums related, she's /lit/

Entirely topical as long as the characters are Sup Forums related and SFW.

October 2017 certainly bummed me out.
Other than that, the company war shit is getting on my nerves, the waifu image dump shit is getting on my nerves, the "calarts style" shit is getting on my nerves, and I don't know where the drawthreads are going.

Most of the time it borders beyond SFW.

What happened that month for you?

If it's NSFW, report it.
Otherwise, there's plenty of other threads if they don't interest you.

I do both of those, user.

>and /aco/ isnt for discussion.
I wish /aco/ COULD have some discussion. There have been times I've wanted to do, "Cartoon that introduced you to a fetish" kind of thread but only image dumps are allowed on /aco/. I've done a couple on Sup Forums but they get deleted for being /aco/ material. And Sup Forums doesn't give a shit, those threads die in two seconds. Same with /trash/.

Not as good as it was a few years ago. There seems to be an influx of people recently, a lot of which just like to post about waifus, shitpost poorly, or argue just for the sake of arguing, and not in the usual Sup Forums way. There's also so much circle-jerking and a lot more sameposting than normal. Thread after thread of the same content. The board feels a lot less moderated currently, to say the least.

There's also not a ton of good Sup Forums content as of late, which hinders things slightly, but we've had droughts before and it's never been this bad.

Most of it isn't NSFW from what I've seen, ya know?

its not just Sup Forums, I've seen this happen in drawthreads in other boards. That nsfw dump thread on /i/ among other threads there get derailed by near endless shitposting

>What happened that month for you?
Mainly a lack of activity in the October threads compared to the previous two years. 2016 things started to get bitter and 2017 I feel like things weren't improving that much. I fear what this year's October may hold.

The Raven/Demencia threads tend to border on NSFW at times. Not sure about some of the others.

Why do specific Waifus even need threads?

They should probably consolidate for cheesecake and general not-quite-but-almost smuttery, for the sake of being concise.

Because those ones have the most autistic waifufags. Have you seen the one Demenciafag that lurks around here? He speaks like he's illiterate and recently he's been interrupting some threads.

DON'T YOU SEE!!?!?! -MY- WAIFU IS SO GOOD SHE -DESERVES- A WHOLE THREAD JUST FOR HER!

Id wager the Gwenpoolfags are just as bad in certain cases.

I agree. Last year they made nonstop threads and recently I've been seeing them act up about their cancellation too.

That would explain the 5th Elsa thread this week...

The mods used to nuke any thread made for Waifus. I like the idea, but because of what they've said above, they'd just start their own thread, or spam a thread until it was full, just to start a new one.

They'll die out eventually just like the Kamalafags did

Can't say the same about the Raven/Demenciafags though.

>The mods used to nuke any thread made for Waifus

I've been here for some time and it's pretty chill at times tho when the thread derailes that's when all heel breaks loose. I remember a thread that got derailed due to an argument about Chris Brown beating up Rhianna jesus christ, but when the actual there disscusions that's when it shines the most

We've had mods on Sup Forums in the past argue the opposite, outright.

Mods are universal

Your waistline is universal

Without proof, I can't believe you.

I don't touch Sup Forums at all. What happened involving cardboard?

What about mods taking too long to delete out right nsfw threads. You know what I mean.

Im arguably one of them, but i never made threads and mostly stuck to the storytimes and pointing out she isn't Gwen Stacy when needed.

I think part of it was that everyone knew she was fucked from the start and were in full "I WANT TO BELIEVE" mode, Anons get really fucking annoying when they have a "cause", just look at Chanology, Gamergate and other more "minor" incursions like SOPA and Net Neutrality (Creation and Removal) and just about everything Sup Forums.

Individual mods act on their individual biases, that's why fiascos like Yotsuba getting banned from Sup Forums for being "loli" happens.

Nintendo came out with a game where you use cardboard and fold it up into different game controller setups.

Nintendo labo

I'd recommend reporting and hiding threads that have NSFW content in the beginning.

Moderation on Sup Forums has always been scant.

Better than Sup Forums's current state.

Too many shippers.

>Individual mods act on their individual biases

Which is why I posted something from moot:

demencia threads are starting to die out because villainous is only in taco-ese at the moment and people have moved on to other shows

I wish raven threads would die though

Not much of an accomplishment.