RWBY/RT General 1401: Surrogate Father Edition

>1. Love RWBY, hate RWBY, just don't try to tell us it's good
>2. Read the Pastebin: pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW
>3. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion
>4. Don't believe their lies

1080p archive:
mega.nz/#F!S1E3wTRQ!4RH3D97O1-ZiW_lMAu7xog

RWBY Volume 5 Chapter 14 Link:
rtv3-video.roosterteeth.com/store/dccb906f3c4accfa5e17955b228f167e-54472acb/ts/index.m3u8

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2T5sysqOP8Q
scarcity-of-cats.tumblr.com/post/169944152563/isnt-cinder-in-her-twenties-as-much-as-i-love
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe Next Volume Edition.

Starting To Feel Like She's Better Off

>yfw we don't go to Atlas but instead Atlas comes to us

>Sun joins JNR
>Ren plays the Xuanzang to Sun's Wukong
>Nora bonds with Sun over hitting grimm with blunt weapons
>Sun undermines Jaune constantly by being a better version of him

yeah I actually really want this

JAUNE IS A NAIVE SLUT WHO WILL FALL UNDER THE CONTROL OF A MANIPULATIVE HUNTER.

>My Hero

I love it when I find fellow AC buddies in RWBY threads. Team GALM when? Or maybe RT should turn Mercury more into pre-betrayal Pixy.

>Sun undermines Jaune constantly by being a better version of him
Except he isn't?

Friends listen closely I won’t say this twice
Hope’s running out and we haven’t much time

What would Monty think of this series, if he were alive to see it?

It's okay, Jaune. We still tolerate you.

He would get a cat.

Then Jaune can fully embrace the mantle of main character and spend all his time with RWBY. Great.

>reasons to live: 0

No seriously they're nothing alike.

It it because they're both blond?

Emerald needs a genie to be her new friend.

It's okay bud, at least you can heal or whatever.

damn dude

>Yang gets all the character development
>Raven(a character we've just suddenly been blasted with development) gets a ton of screentime
>we still have no fucking clue what the relics even are or what that realm is they are kept in
>we still have no fucking clue what Salem is doing
>suddenly our unstoppable villains are very much stoppable
>the battle thats been waging since episode 12 is just finished offscreen
>we never get to see how our heroes overcome Hazel
>Adams "attack" was weak as fuck
>Adam is suddenly embarrassingly bad
>Ruby continues here now 2 season streak of doing fuck all while the adult characters fix everything
Why do I even bother watching the show, I only care about RWBY for the waifus and the lewds.

Someone just said it in the last thread. They are both blonde haired blue eyed comic relief boy. The difference is that Sun isn't a beta and he can handle himself in a fight.

Blake told Sun to be careful :3

Sun was actually pretty cool this volume... which is exactly why M&K are gonna write him off.

Maybe they're setting us up so that once all the adults are dead the kids will have to stand on their own two feet and secure the victory themselves.

I guess I'll need to stop calling them kids, most of them will be 20 next volume.

>Someone just said it in the last thread.
And yet despite being wrong people are repeating what he said?

Going to be thirsty real soon

This is a general that thinks Weiss was a racist.

Anyone want to send about 15 copies of this to the RT animation department?

I dont mean this as a cheap jab, but ever since Monty bit it i feel like the animation crew has stopped animating like actual animators and started animating like 3D modelers.

Why would she care about Blake now that she's nabbed a cute bunny waifu?

>all Faunus are into degeneracy
typical

So From Shadows 1 or From Shadows 2?

That book seems more like its geared for 2D.
I'm more partial to linking them this over twitter or whatever.
youtube.com/watch?v=2T5sysqOP8Q

Why do I keep coming back?
I don't even like this series. Or hate it. It's just nothing.
I don't even want to watch this show crash and burn.
Do I just have too much time on my hands?

>the heroes finally get a W
>it's offscreen

one step forward, two steps back

lol was that what was implied here?

Despite sounding like a Fallout Boy song, I really like the first From Shadows. The trailer version, at least.

Posted this before I noticed we moved.
scarcity-of-cats.tumblr.com/post/169944152563/isnt-cinder-in-her-twenties-as-much-as-i-love

This logic tho

>9 seconds

>The difference is that Sun isn't a beta and he can handle himself in a fight.
Also that everything that Sun has done so far has been in the sole interest of getting in Blake pants. He ditched his friends in a turbulent time to pursue a girl he knew for all of a month and has not spoken of them or talked about them in the time we've seen him.
Even before that he was still a character that was firmly, someone who did shit on whims and obviously didn't hold himself solid to connections to others. The first we saw of Sun was him alone having ditched his team and gone off on his own.
So are you being dumb?

>The zone takes the entirety of Remnant

I can get behind this.

Does anyone know the rest of lyrics of This time (from shadows pt. 2)?

>take the relic to Atlas
The leg. Take the leg to Atlas.

That was supposed to be the wham moment of the entire season and nobody even noticed it because they let Oscar's VA flub the delivery.

You secretly enjoy the constant disappointment.

I watched it because it was an easy 5 minutes of meh and it came up in my suggestions while I was watching rvb. Then it got really interesting, now I'm too many seasons deep to not see how it ends.

Monty was a terrible animator. Interns did most of the work in Volume 1-3, and they've moved on to bigger companies.

>

>The leg

Yeah I'm also gonna have to go with the first From Shadows.
Part 2 did nothing for me. I'll have to re-listen to it but it seems like From Shadows part 2 will end up being the weakest song on the soundtrack when it finally comes out.

They always come back. Unless they die.

OHOHO WEISS PLEASES JAUNE FOR BUFFS

Holy fucking shit, every time RWBYg tries to talk about fucking criticizing the actual fucking techniques of the show I am autistically triggered.

Stick to shitting on the writing instead of linking to shitty tutorials on fighting in media.

Yes I understand that it's an incredibly short three minute barely tutorial but the basis the man is working off of is not a good one and I sincerely hope the order he is going forward is not the one he actually uses.

3D animators still need to animate in 2D.

Out there somewhere there on Disney's hard drives exists a rough 2D version of Zootopia.

t. exactly 0 doujins

It was a pretty shit episode, but I liked bits and pieces of the Yang/Raven conversation. Was all the stuff Tai told Yang about Raven super embellished so he could rose-tint the past and give her and Yang a chance if they ever met? Was she such an unlikeable super cunt when they were together and Yang was an accident? I'd really like to see Tai and Raven interact now.

S-shut up

He could still animate like a cartoonist which is what the RT animation crew needs.

>raven tries to reconect with the o ly person who hasent disowned her

>its going well tell she lets slip what happend

>tai throws her out

God if there are any writefags left let them make this

Luvia only has 3. Only 1 solo doujin.

Best boy!

>the instant reply as soon as I come back to this tab
o h s w e e t i e

What's the bet that this was just her using a portal to him to run away and he sighs because he knows she's just running again.
Would be appropriate for this season since it would be pointless

Nice Reddit Spacing Faggot

Listen to the scene again, on a higher volume. Oscar clearly says "We must... gettheLEG... to Atlas."

But because the voice director's a dumbass he didn't catch that people were going to hear "get the relic to Atlas".

hasn't she been around since like early 2000s

>Raven keeps making genuine efforts to reconnect with the people from her past.
>Keeps fucking it up worse than Pyrrha with her love life.

Probably the only thing that's going to keep me hopeful for this next volume is that might get some Tai and Raven interactions. I'm sure RT will ruin it though.

Not the same user but that's not what Reddit spacing is.

This is

Reddit

Spacing.
See the difference.

Does it end in Hate fucking that turns into vanilla?

Their reunion will happen offscreen. I guess the stinger means Tai will come back, and meet Qrow and the others.

o h, s w e e t i e

Of course.

>'reddit spacing'

It's lantern.

Actually.
>this

is reddit spacing.

But

this

isn't.

"Reddit spacing" is because on Reddit, you can't break a quotation (a statement preceded by >) without doing a double line break. On Sup Forums, you can. But on Sup Forums, you can't get a space between your paragraphs without doing a double line break, while on reddit you can, by putting a double-space and then inputing enter.

So really, this is what reddit spacing looks like:

{
>[dumb insipid statement]

lmao what a fucking faggot
I bet you kiss your mother with that mouth.
}

and this is Sup Forums spacing:

{
>[still a dumb statement]
You're such a fag.

I bet you kiss your mother with that mouth.
}

Ok, I needed some writing projects for hiatus

This episode didn't feel like a season finale.

Oh don't get me wrong.
It's a completely arbitrary term that autists use to win arguments but if you have a term like that you should at least be consistent on its meaning.

I wonder how they will talk about Summer.

>win
what

Is anyone else still watching this dumpster fire of a show because of the real best girl, Casey Lee Williams' awesome music?

Oh you know what I mean.
It's the equivalent of pointing out grammar or spelling errors because you don't want to actually address the other person's argument.

Interesting. I didn't know that's how the term originated.

It's obviously not lantern. The number of syllables and sounds match perfectly with "get the leg to relic", while "get the lantern to relic" would have to have the "rn" removed and the "to" added.

I really just think we should stop using the term 'reddit spacing' all together. It's a complete matter of preference whether you want to double space or not. Sometimes it's necessary to break up paragraphs. And sure, sometimes double spacing is misused, but it's ultimately up to personal preference. We all write differently, have different vocabularies. Sup Forums's standards is just that u don't talk leik this xD

Of all the attempts at outgroup identifiers, 'reddit spacing' is the absolute worst.

You're both wrong. He said "lamp". Because it's a lamp.

Does the animation department have a public shipping address? I say we all pitch in a copy.

What leg would they even be talking about?

They clearly said lamp.

It's a leg and the leg belongs to the evil god.

It felt like part of a Shadowrun episode.

I'm kind of disappointed in myself for how mad I got over the information being said in this video. So instead I'm going to try to calmly talk about what is wrong about it.

Largely it has to do with the manner in which he is separating the three steps that he has. Even in a vacuum without story, the order in which they are in doesn't work, because choreography should effect stance before that is even a factor and well.

He shares an issue which really only seems to be a thing in the animation style of choegraphy where he doesn't really seem to have all that much knowledge about the real act of fighting. Realism is not an ironclad standard that all things should operate by, god knows that Adkins is still fun to watch even though his idea of MMA is TKD and Pro Wrestling on a straight line of caffeine, but knowing about the subject is a useful toolbox in that you don't repeat yourself.

You can be inspired by the media you consume but you shouldn't fall into the trap, that this fellow is falling into, as Monty did.

His idea of choreography is an issue in that it's a series of moves on screen rather than a story being told. The fact that he believes sudden stops are bad, while technically wrong is a very narrowminded view that only barely works with Monty's style of fight scenes which were to put it bluntly two dolls dancing at each other a majority of the time.

Hats off to the guy for the channel and his production rate but no mate.

As someone who doesn't play Shadowrun, explain how that image is, uh, Shadowrun.

There's a solution to this.

Raven being this much of a clusterfuck makes me want to see what the fuck happened with STRQ.

Like, how the hell was she able to seduce Tai? How much of a Pyrrha was Summer that she couldn't win over a fucking autistic teenage Raven?

And her latest one sadly is a group one for Prism Illya.

Starting to feel like she's dead tbdesu

What the hell is going on with Weiss's legs?

No.

Give the girl a longer skirt or fucking pants already.

Tai took pity on her