Not good enough to warrant praise for months like Avengers

>Not good enough to warrant praise for months like Avengers
>Not bad enough to warrant shitposting and critiques for months like BvS

It was the worst thing it could possibly be

Forgettable.

I just want a cool Superman movie, bros

Me too user, me too.

Man of Steel despite its flaws was a pretty cool movie.

I went in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised to get an average movie. 5/10

Matthew Vaughn will save us

Yeah it was alright, just felt like it was trying too hard to remake Superman to be more dark and gritty, plus it had the dishonor to be the film to kick off the DCEU. Just make a film about him fighting Parasite or Mongul or something.

Just imagine a parallel world where Snyder didn't rewrite the end of BvS to snap Zodd's neck over the wishes of Nolan and DC.
A movie so generic and forgettable that the DCEU would have been able to course-correct after its first film. Without the "controversy" to distract audiences there could have been an actual discussion abotu the film's flaws without endlessly centering on Zodd's death to a degree that derailed any attempts to talk about anything else.

Flash/Superman final credits scene redeemed the whole movie

>redeemed the whole movie
I wouldn't go as far to say that user, considering how much I didn't enjoy Ezra Miller's Flash to begin with. But every good scene in this film had Superman in it, so that probably says something.

I don't even know what Warner is going to do now. Most of the other movies have been outright cancelled, and they're three films in at this point. With Disney completely pulling the plug on superhero movies in 8 to 10 years, we may never get an actually good DC movie.

This is what pisses me off the most, WB has rights to some of the best and most memorable heroes and had the chance to create a film series that could capitalize on the current capefilm craze, rival Marvel and bring in new fans. Instead we got a shitty clusterfuck of a second film, a fucking Suicide Squad film made and released before Wonder Woman or Flash got a movie and a lukewarm Justice League release. And what's worse is all the good shit in these films that are held down by Synder's wankfaggotry and WB meddling that will probably be canned if they go through with rebooting the series.

I dont know i liked the amozonians fighting steppenwulf scene. That part where the one bitch used an arrow to shoot the box to that other bitch was straight up money.

Im sure its been done before and they lost it in the end but it was still pretty cool.

But still the best movie the DCEU has produced so far

Oh yeah. Justice League was by far the best movie in the series behind only Wonder Woman (and maybe Man of Steel?), but I can't decide if that's because it was a good film or whether it was just because I had just lowered my expectations so low that i could only be impressed. But still, I think we can agree that even if we enjoyed it, it wasn't the Justice League film we deserved to have.

Wonder Woman was still better, it was the only movie with likeable characters like candy Trevor and poison

>Avengers
>good

Why did Snyder want Superman to die in BvS when he knew JL was right around the corner?

pottery

Snyder is an idiot, his only decent movies are the ones we're the story is already completed like 300 and watchmen

Apparently it was going to be two parts with an evil black suit Superman in the first part and a redeemed version in the second. But after BvS's shitty response they cut Justice league down to one film and just had Superman's aggression be from his post-resurrection confusion.

>pottery
kek
>Snyder is an idiot, his only decent movies are the ones we're the story is already completed like 300 and watchmen
Agree wholeheartedly.
>Apparently it was going to be two parts with an evil black suit Superman in the first part and a redeemed version in the second. But after BvS's shitty response they cut Justice league down to one film and just had Superman's aggression be from his post-resurrection confusion.
That's funny. Now that you say that I do remember hearing about it being a two-parter. I was never really into comics, just Batman because I'm a normie, but BvS was so bad, like monumentally bad, that in order to dissect it I was forced to start visiting Sup Forums regularly.

Also costumes aren't good enough for Oscar.

Superman is Jesus. He needs to die an then be resurrected within a few days.

Synder can be put on for shit like cinematography, which is why his stuff works with graphic novel adaptations because he can translate the visuals of the page to the screen. But he shouldn't be made responsible for the sole creative direction of a film series, that's been made clear.

Also have you seen Moviebob's "Really that bad" series on BvS. Even if you don't agree with him (I get the feeling his political views aren't respected by folks around here and even I think he comes off as a bit preachy), his film analysis skills and dissecting of the movie basically brings up every conceivable reason as to why it's bad. If you haven't seen it, go watch it, it's a bit long but it's entertaining to watch.

He really wanted to show Cyborg and Flash grave robbing

I disagree, Wonder Woman was pretty boring and sorely hurt by its third act, JL on the other hand felt like a two hour episode of the old JL/U cartoon and was fantastic. Wonder Woman is pretty overrated for being just another generic origin story.

BvS, although it's more of a WF/Trinity movie.
Alternatively, watch Doomsday for the action scenes. I hope Batman Ninja opens up the possibility for more animu DCU movies.

I'll check it out. I've noticed that BvS attracts the same crowd that Prometheus and The Last Jedi attract. I don't even know what to call those types of people. I mean all three movies ignore basic narrative choices and instead just throw BS at the screen over and over again until they just sort of end.

I liked Wonder Woman and thought it was well made. The ending makes no sense however. (why would the villain randomly appear and reveal himself when he had literally zero reason to)

>I don't even know what to call those types of people.

Sup Forums

> just throw BS at the screen over and over again until they just sort of end
If there was a definitive way to describe BvS's treatment of the source material, it would be this.

>I dont know i liked the amozonians fighting steppenwulf scene
Same.

It wasn’t terrible but boy did it bomb

I find Clark & Lois to be incredibly likable.
The lack of empathy with Dceu haters were they can't like or even sympathize with Superman because he is conflicted and dour about countless legitimate concerns that hang on his shoulders is astounding.
To complete his arc to have him accept humanity flaws and all and die for them and thus prove to his critics once and for all that his intent was good the whole time.

I liked how amazons lose their enhanced strength of a horse falls on them

>if you ignore all the things that made it a shit movie, it's actually a good movie

Wow!

It was Snyder's dark vision for the films.
Man of Steel has a dark ending with Superman killing. What's darker than that? Killing Superman.

I think Wonder Woman's third act would've worked had instead of fighting Ares, Diana just helps the soldiers destroy the facility after Hades tries to persuade her, while Trevor goes off to destroy the plane as usual. Hvae her fight a bunch of soldiers like in the middle of the film, face off against a gas-buffed Dr Poison and what have you.

Ares can still appear at random points to try and swade her to his side but eventually just disappears through a portal after she destroys the factory. That way you can put him in a bunch of different films later on and have your big climatic fight in the final WW film.

Unfortunately I know people in real life who love movies like that and have never heard of Sup Forums or even get on the internet really.

You have Man of Steel - the greatest Superhero film of all time.

>I've noticed that BvS attracts the same crowd that Prometheus and The Last Jedi attract
Bvs fan here, I refuse to see Last Jedi for the time being because I am pissed about the handling of Luke.
What is wrong with Prometheus's narrative beyond a few small stupid character choices like them taking their helmets off in a alien environment or the people whose job it is to map the ruins getting lost & trying to pet the Cobra.

I haven't seen any evidence in WW that they had notably enhanced strength beyond what normal humans are capable of.

I liked Warcraft
Its terrible, but I liked it. Would watch again.

BvS was better.

>If there was a definitive way to describe BvS's treatment of the source material, it would be this.
Thanks. I have never started re-editing a movie in my head upon a first viewing before. The first time I saw it I was immediately rearranging scenes and cutting scenes (whole subplots) out of the film in my head.
And when people tell me "you just don't get it" it just blows my mind how they can defend such a terrible film.
nothing to do with BvS, but I actually had a person defend the scene in Prometheus where they say that the Engineers DNA is the same as a humans by saying, "Well, that's how DNA works in the film."

Yeah, no.

When whats her name was running out of the temple with the box she was runs by a pair of Amazon’s who are holding up a huge stone slab, one of many that they used to try and seal the temple.

I unironically believe that it is.

the only tryhard fuckfaces that didn't appreciate this movie started reading comics a year ago.

and started using this site three months ago

I started writing glorified fanfiction of a MoS film I think would've worked better than the version we got, though much of the DCEU's problems started with BvS to be fair.

Honestly, if they had just adapted a version of the DCAU World's Finest movie to be the MoS sequel, we wouldn't be in this mess.

>Bvs fan here,
Not being a dick, but why?
>I refuse to see Last Jedi for the time being because I am pissed about the handling of Luke.
As a staunch Star Wars fan, it is terrible. It ignores even the basic tenants of film making. I have no idea why Rian Johnson wanted to write the film; he clearly had no idea what to do with any of the characters.
>What is wrong with Prometheus's narrative beyond a few small stupid character choices like them taking their helmets off in a alien environment or the people whose job it is to map the ruins getting lost & trying to pet the Cobra.
The basic narrative flow of the movie expects you to fill in basic gaps in logic.
Why have all these people flown off into space even though they have no idea where they are going or what they are doing. They don't get a briefing until they wake up near the planet so what was they motivation. We are never told so we are forced to just fill in the blanks in our own head, effectively writing the movie ourselves.
The guy whose job it is to go and study any alien life they find is suddenly afraid of a dead alien. What the fuck did he think he was going to find. Once again, we are told nothing of his personality or why he went so we are forced to explain it to ourselves.
You already mentioned it, but later this same person who was just afraid of a dead alien is suddenly wanting to pet an alive alien that is clearly acting exactly like a king cobra snake. Some people say he is high. I myself have been high. You do not act that way when you're high. Unless of course this is some sort of space weed, but again this is never said so I am stuck filling in the gaps myself.
Just things like this.

Well, whatever suits your taste mate. MoS was alright but I certainly don't think it was the best superhero film made. Spiderman 2 holds that honor.

What did you think of Homecoming? I was pleasantly surprised. It had a lot of character moments for Spider-Man that I liked, the villain was good (unlike every other Marvel villain, except Loki) and I was actually surprised by how well written it was.

Haven't seen all of it yet, just clips of it, but from what I have seen, I like it. That interrogation scene with the altered voice made me chuckle and it captured the "friendly-neighborhood" aspect of his character well. I genuinely like the design of the suit, especially the eyes, though I do hope they downgrade the tech-aspects of it, he's Spiderman, not Iron Man. Vulture looks great, Michael Keaton was perfectly cast in that role, and it's good to see villains that aren't Venom or Green Goblin get some spotlight. I'm kinda surprised a lot of people were skeptical of the comedic aspects of the film, especially considering that out of all the characters that should quip, Spiderman should be among them.

My friend has a physical copy and he enjoyed it to, so I'll probably get around to seeing the thing in it's entirety soon.

Some of the best writing deals with a "twist" at the end. The people who think it was just a name drop clearly weren't paying attention because it is actually a huge payoff that (at least) I didn't see coming.

Because she single-handedly stopped the German war effort by letting Steve destroy their super weapon, and killing the man who was now in charge.

Gr8 b8 m8.

It was better than both Avengers movies. I was surprised because I thought it was going to be as garbage as SS and BvS but then it was just a run of the mill comic book team up, and the character's once they're all together are more fun together than the Avengers were. If you treat it as the origin movie of a new DCEU and ignore everything before then it'd be a nice new cartoon show.

>It was better than both Avengers movies
Not sure if baiting or autist.

Sup Forums hates TLJ. It's kinda funny because actual filmmakers has said that they liked it.

Okay, but Ares showing and then getting killed didn't change that. To reference a different franchise, this would be like Sheev showing up at the end of The Phantom Menace to fight the Jedi and then dying.
It's always better to stay hidden and wait for the next opportunity to fuck shit up. Ares had zero motivation to reveal himself, he only did so because ether plot demanded it.

>I don't even know what Warner is going to do now. Most of the other movies have been outright cancelled, and they're three films in at this point. With Disney completely pulling the plug on superhero movies in 8 to 10 years
Superhero movies were big since Superman 1
>we may never get an actually good DC movie.
Superman 1 and The dark knight are the best superhero movies of all times

I disagree, Wonder Woman was pretty fun, even more than homecoming

I liked Batman 1989.

It was a really good movie but Nolan version is still the best one

The ultimate "meh" movie

He didn’t want Superman to be a founding member of the team. He needed Superman out of the picture temporarily so that Bruce and Diana could put the team together on their own. He had this idea that if Superman put the team together, he would become the sole leader and only important figure.

I feel like it could go either way. Both have their ups and downs.

Snyder is really a motherfucking idiot

A step in the right direction finding some kinda balance between the humor and seriousness of things.

>Head of the films is replaced again.

Dammit Warner Bros.

>he would become the sole leader and only important figure
>chumps the entire JL and does the job better than any of them ever could all by himself

Well he's definitely the de facto leader now.

That was pretty much what most people said. Not bad but not good, just generic so there really is nothing to discuss especially with all the Snyder fags just blaming Whedon even though Whedon didn't do even 10% of the damage Snyder did and was the only reason why the movie was better received than all the other movies other than WW.

I really enjoyed it, honestly. Especially in comparison to the abortion that was TLJ and the shallow quipfest that was Thor. That said, quads of truth for a lot of the audience it seems.

Depends on what you want. I like Begins and Dark Knight (mostly for Ledger), but Rises was a pile of shit.

I personally find Batman 89 and Returns to have the perfect atmosphere for Gotham and Batman. They are my go to films, even all these years later, if I have to choose.

Kek

This. JL might as well have been titled 'Superman: Hold My Beer'. And I fucking love it for that alone.

For all the complaints people have against it, the Superman scenes, every fucking one of them, CGI mouth and all, are perfection... aside from no MoS soundtrack. The cornfield scene in the actual movie is lesser than the trailer version because of it.

>He didn’t want Superman to be a founding member of the team.
Would they even NEED a team if he were still around? This is the problem I have always had with JL, why does it need to exist?

Begins had a really good Gotham City. A Gotham City that was completely ignored in the sequels and replaced with Chicago and New York.

All good superman scenes where fomr whedon though.

All movies have flaws mate. MoS isn’t even an objectively bad film. It’s a perfectly mediocre blockbuster.

I mean a modern one. Superman 1 is a good adaptation but it's roughly 40 years old at this point and it could have a lot more in it.

>the dark knight
This is a terrible fucking movie that only complete casuals enjoy.

>With Disney completely pulling the plug on superhero movies in 8 to 10 years

Because in the comics at least you have characters like Martian Manhunter who outclass Superman.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FUCK DC

>in the comics at least you have characters like Martian Manhunter
He's an afterthought at best these days.

100% this shit.

With the sheer amount of comic history and a big number of instantly recognisable characters, they should have been raking the money in with no problem.

fuck off beaner

>the best and most memorable heroes

>This is a terrible fucking movie that only complete casuals enjoy
Are you being edgy or you're really stupid enough to think that any MCU quips shit is better?

>(you)

Superman Batman and Wonder Woman are more memorable than any other superhero, wtf are you talking about?

>There exists a universe where DC has made an adequate movie

And here I am stuck in this one. People having shilled for the heaping pile of garbage that was Wonder Woman says it all

Except Spiderman, Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and Wolverine

>This. JL might as well have been titled 'Superman: Hold My Beer'.
>that moment you realise Steppenwolf is only showing up because Superman is gone
>the power difference is so huge that Superman almost completely wrecks him in two casual hits.
In that sense, the movie as presented simply couldn't have happened if Superman was alive. Diana is probably the second strongest member, and we saw how well she handled Superman in that brief headbutting contest.

>This is the problem I have always had with JL, why does it need to exist?

They handle threats that no one person could do alone (Superman is still only in one place at a time). That, and it's also what they do to hang out. They have their own lives, but they're friends and enjoy working with each other.

>citing Movieblob as having film analysis skills and being entertaining
Holy shit, kill yourself.

>thought it was well made
Did we watch the same movie?
All those cgi scenes where Diana has no weight. All this slow motion shitty action. The cgi fuck fest that is Ares fight.

it's not an horrible movie, there're some good scenes here and there but well made is too much.

This may shock you user, but all superhero movies have CGI. In fact they're pretty reliant on it because humans don't actually have superpowers or face giant gods or monsters in real life.

>Bvs fan here, I refuse to see Last Jedi for the time being because I am pissed about the handling of Luke.
Are you serious? You refuse to see a movie because of a content you can only really understand if you have seen the movie.

>What is wrong with Prometheus's narrative
All the scenes explaining characters' behaviour are in the bonus of the BR. Seems like every discussion not necesary to follow the plot have been cut.