Venture Bros Thread

Continued from Let's hear some theories:
>How did Blue Morpho have sex with Doctor Z?
>What WAS the Orb?
>Who did Billy's Mom used to be?
>WHERE'S ORPHEUS?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/81LIDFJZcIE
youtu.be/uU2juYxL8tE
sciencefriday.com/articles/the-curious-case-of-the-blue-morpho-butterflies/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>That part where Dean catches the Monarch raping G.U.A.R.D.O, but he convinces him that ratting him out will complete his evil training, so Dean defiantly swears to never tell on him while the Monarch waddles away with his pants around his legs
youtu.be/81LIDFJZcIE

Where does this rank in terms of Sup Forums season finales?
Because I feel like it's gotta be somewhere in the Top 10.
youtu.be/uU2juYxL8tE

Seems pretty obvious she was Triple Threat.

>Seems pretty obvious she was Triple Threat.
especially when you know what a Triple Threat means; someone who is talented in Singing, Acting, and Dancing

>Blue Morpho is actually a trio, his wife is a master of disguise. She pretends to be him, pretending to be other people as means of throwing people off.
>Doesn't matter, what matters is it's a vanity project of history's most self-important men.
>Triple Threat, we know this.
>Probably in Nevada/New Mexico/Wherever the old Venture compound is. They probably set up some New Agey pop up.

Who is Secret President?
I'm guessing Jonas.

I honestly completely forgot about Triple Threat.
When did she show up, in one of the old Team Venture flashbacks? At the key party?

I remember the original watch thread for that finale. Shit was hype. I swear to god, Brock running to save the Ventures had my heart in my throat.

Flashback/old cartoon. A psychic villain hyponizes her and her partner to fight Action Man and Col Gentleman.

Completly underrated waifu

>They faked us out into thinking Jonas was still alive when he killed the Inquisitor
>They faked us out into thinking Jonas was really the Sovereign all along for a few seconds
>mfw these were cleverly-placed misdirects to enhance the eventual twist that Jonas is still alive and has been acting as Secret President this whole time

>dat super cute raspy Brooklyn accent
Man, I live in New Jersey, you'd think I had it made on that front, but every girl here who's Italian enough to have an accent is trashy as fuck. It's like a monkey's paw wish.

is the Sovereign actually dead or was that some other eagle?

I thought they killed off the Sovereign because they were getting shit from Bowie's legal team?

Not as much of a fan as I thought I'd be.
I hope her and Hank work out better, Hank is always the best when he just instinctual navigates all the Adventure shenanigans thrown at him.
He's gone, user.

>The characters assume it's a fake out and kneecap him or something upon seeing him

>is the Sovereign actually dead or was that some other eagle?
that's the fun thing about a Shapeshifter, you can never be sure, it probably was him though, it'd be kinda tasteless to bring him back since the real Bowie is dead

I live in NJ to my dude, but its full of fucking indians

Then just leave Edison.

Its actually somerset county, but close enough

Bowie was usually cool with people poking fun at him

used to call into radio shows that did it and everything

great guy

Well it's either Poos or hicks.

Henchmen 21's endgame is gonna be resurrecting 24, right?

>Completly underrated waifu
The fucking show is already underrated as fuck as it is compared to other Adults Swim shows and this waifu was just introduced this last season mate, there is some works with her floating around though

He is officially dead mate, accept it, it was pretty much show that 24 "ghost" was 21 imagination to make way to him bond with Monarch in later seasons

He needs to find some kind of middle ground. He's not cut out to be a hero or villain it seems.

I'm not hung up over 24's death. I'm saying that it seems like 21's most logical route for an endgame.

Did we ever get megas of the series compiled? Feel like binge watching

What seems to be a funny parody series ends to be one with some unironically actual consistent D E E P E S T L O R E things yet highly underrated, seriously?

have we met the other members of the boys brigade?

Nah he moved on. It was part of him becoming Best Hench.

It is theorized that the other boy scout is a younger version of the Alchemist

Who is the guy standing to the left of Impossible?

Left is Jonas Sr. Dude with the Hat is Hatred.

He had Jonas perform a sex change on him which was then reversed, because super science and the fact that Blue Morpho was the type of crazy ass hero that would chop off his dick to stop a bad guy's scheme.

>What WAS the Orb?
Energy channeling device that had too much potential to be used to cause death and destruction, if weaponized or in the hands of someone who did not know how to properly use it

OG Team Venture hanger on Triple Threat

>WHERE'S ORPHEUS?
My head canon is that he got a house near where his ex-wife lives and is helping train her, since he clearly misses her and showed concern, in the Halloween episode, over the fact that her mom and step-dad were involved with the Cenobites from Hellraiser.

Also, I want a time travel episode where Rusty goes back in time right before his dad dies and FINALLY tells him off/denounces him as a horrible human being/father and Jonas taking his own life in front of Rusty (because he sees first hand how he destroyed his son with his shitty parenting) and someone then revealing to Rusty that this is how his father was always supposed to die as far as Jonas's death being a time loop situation where Jonas ALWAYS dies because Rusty gets thrown back in time and shames his father into killing himself.

It's Jonas, Impossible, Phantom Limb, dunno' the two on the right.

Hatred and Alchemist though that last one is a guess.

I just want Trianna back, even if they have to fucking recast.

Dean deserves some happiness and they can use Dean/Trianna as a couple to bring Orpheus back.

I'm pretty sure they killed Sovereign (and also had him not be the real Bowie) because they knew about his cancer in advance and didn't want the awkwardness of an active parody character in the show after his passing. The creators work in a building really close to Bowie's NY residence, IIRC.

Dean ending up with Triana would be a huge regression of his character though. Part of him maturing beyond his "gee golly whiz" phase was getting his heart broken.

>mfw I'm rewatching the series and the guy running the Henchmen support meeting later ends up being Rusty's therapist
I love how they probably just end up reusing model sheets to save time/money, but end up working it into the show by giving them full on personalities and retaining the same voice actors.

There's GOT to be some kind of Production Bible they work off of, considering how in-depth some of the callbacks get. Once the show finally ends, it'd be amazing if they published their notes so we could get some perspective on how it all comes together.

>I'd just hate for you to be in the shower one day, when out of the shadows steps a man with a smuggled in molecular destabilizer and ZAP, what was once your penis is now a tasteful reproduction noguchi coffee table by Herman Miller.
>I don't respond to threats, Limb.
>Of course you don't! They don't call you King Gorilla for nothing, do they? And what king is complete without a queen?
>Uh, that's a cake.
>Ah, but what's INSIDE it, I wonder?
>...marzipan?
>TARzipan.

I fucking love King Gorilla.
Titmouse is insane for not printing a bunch of STATUTORY APE shirts, I'd buy one.

Ever character is gold. EVERY.

>tfw post Season 3 VB doesn't really make you laugh but you like the characters and the story

I will never not be pissed that shit like Rick and Morty are huge hits while Venture Bros remains obscure.

Then again maybe it's better this way.

I dunno there's something there about Dean having grown as a person to be someone who could have a proper relationship with Triana

I'm curious, I watched a shit load of Hanna Barbera when I was young, is the show as easy to get into for someone who didn't?

Would you Sup Forums?

Holy fuck lol.

VB is always popular, when new episodes are airing.

>Do you know what he called me the other day? A honky!

Yes, as always like it has been pointed, season 1 is kind of bad at first but you cant skip it for legit lore reasons, it actually gets better later on

the fact that I will never have such a intelligent and supporting villaness as a waifu pains me alot

Do you even HAVE blood?

There's a link on r/megalinks IIRC.

Not in the most literal sense. It is not as well-known as it should be though.

Come on, user, you are talking about it as if it as some sort of zero sum game.

Both show have enough of a slow output that both existing is actually a good thing.

Who were the actual first boys in space?

or with the billions of other people who exist

Not here to talk to zem!
You are the hand chosen be ze master
Yours is ze vheel of blood!
Yours is ze sword of Michael!

I'm so used to her voice that sometimes I forget it's an actual guy voicing her.

Dimitri

Seeing as Billy doesn't know his mom was Triple Treat, I'll bet she must have been his first sexual fantasy or something. Like in his collection of Rusty Venture memorabilia are a series of Tijuana bibles featuring her.

sciencefriday.com/articles/the-curious-case-of-the-blue-morpho-butterflies/

>While the first two specimens are a typical male and female, the others are “gynandromorphs”—that is, animals that contain both male and female cells. In these butterflies, the trait manifests on the wings as a patchwork of colors and patterns, borrowed from both sexes.

As someone who's formerly from NJ, Sirena made me feel really homesick when I watched her scenes.

>WHERE'S ORPHEUS?
My head canon is that he got a house near where his ex-wife lives and is helping train her, since he clearly misses her and showed concern, in the Halloween episode, over the fact that her mom and step-dad were involved with the Cenobites from Hellraiser.

I've always suspected one of two outcomes for Orpheus.

Either; A.) He and Al moved in with Jefferson, or B.) Only Al moved in with with Jefferson because there wasn't enough room for all of them and Orpheus was forced to move in with The Outrider, Tatiana and Triana, for extra humiliation.

>Rusty and Monarch are half brothers
>Because Blue Morpho is Monarch's mother

Just going by where he was at the end of whatever season we last saw him, Orpheus has changed and gotten his shit together. He's probably been working out what he wants to do with his life and found a woman who shares his outlook (or will find one).

I have never in my life laughed as much as I have watching the Revenge Society episode. Every fucking line was a take off pieces of my sides until my mid section was completely concave.
>Why can't I hear them?
>Because you are sane.
I'm getting teary eyed thinking about it.

Tried to watch this cartoon and found it to be just incredibly boring and unfunny (Monarch's character is good though). What do you find so appealing in this particular series, anons? Does it get better as it progresses? Not looking for a debate, just genuinely curious.

First season is rough and not exemplar of what people like. It's mostly the banter and 80s references, the characterization, how characters actually develop, the themes of failure, and how even a shitty parody ends up better than what it's parodying.

Just watch it. Stop asking for an opinion.

Go through the fist season even that one has good moments.
Just don't forget for the complete experience.

Season 1 itself is not that bad and it only get better from that point.

I like the world as a whole. How it is a blend of cartoons comics and pretty much any form of media that’s believable in a way that I haven’t seen anywhere else

First season, especially the first few episodes, are rough, and it is clearly trying to find its footing.

Okay, I will give it another try. Thanks for the answers.

>I'm not hung up over 24's death. I'm saying that it seems like 21's most logical route for an endgame.

21 doesn't see 24's ghost anymore. He's over that arc.

I might be late to the party, but w/e.
For me it's mostly about character interaction and dialogue. And it's also incredibly modular in comparison to just about any other cartoon out there at the moment.

The characters are also flawed, which in turn makes them feel somewhat grounded and relatable. Their reaction to events around them also makes them feel more human.

Its a slow boil series. Growth is slow but steady. Takes a while.

Embargo lifted...

>the Henchmen support meeting
>Crimeodile's henchman uses the phrase "Sorry, Charlie" while telling his story
>Gary and the therapist both call him Charlie
>he's wearing a nametag that says Herman
So fucking subtle it took me years to notice.

What is this??

I don't get it...

"Sorry, Charlie" is a common expression used because the words almost rhyme. Gary and the therapist took it to mean his name is actually Charlie when it isn't.

Rewatching from the beginning of season 2. As good as the last episodes of 1 are, the show doesn't come together until Powerless in the Face of Death. Then it comes on hard.

I hate season 1. I don’t think it’s good at all. It’s one of my least favorite first seasons out of good shows. But Venture Bros is my favorite series of all time. People who don’t like season 4 onwards are crazy IMO. It gets even better then. Love it.

>underrated

Hardly.

The last 6 episodes are good, but they don't really hit until they come to a head in the next season. Season one is really good for what it is, but it's what it builds into that makes the show great.

Of fucking course.

Is that show popular in Japan?

So, what she confess to the monarch right after they get married. It's one of those "Lol, never telling to the audience" joke?

That she signed them up for Guild membership.

Werne't they part of it yet?

Not Monarch. He was doing illegal arching the entire time.

Confirmed where?

>Confirmed where?

Season 3 premier. Shadowman 9: In the Cradle of Destiny.

Her confession was the shit that they were going to have to go through with the guild in that episode.

Oh, right.

>or with the billions of other people who exist
yeah but at this point in the show we don't really have the time to have Dean develop a relationship with someone completely new, besides one of the running themes of this show is fixing broken relationships into something stronger

Would you Sup Forums?

But Dean's arc would work much better with him moving on. Best case scenario would be Dean actually being Triana's friend and not being all weird so they could get actual closure.

Also Dean doesn't need an actual girlfriend, just have implications that he's developed some sort of dating/social life.

As far I know has never been broadcasted/streamed nor dubbed unlike Leddit and Morty