How did you feel when Seymour Skinner was revealed to formerly be Armin Tamzarian?

How did you feel when Seymour Skinner was revealed to formerly be Armin Tamzarian?

I felt he was the real one who shot mr burns.

I had a Skinner tattoo at the time, and that episode made me so mad I just sliced it off my arm with a knife. Too angry to go through the process of getting it "properly" removed.

No regrets

Nah man, he's obviously Keyser Soze!

I felt that the real Skinner was a bit of a tool, and deserved what he got at the end.

I thought it was fucking stupid and that episode is the last one I actually remember, so I must have rage quit the show.

>mentioning this

I thought it was funny, and it's reputation is overstated hardcore

How pissed off would everyone be if they actually did an episode where it turns out someone else shot Mr Burns instead of Maggie.

It was Maude. And she never died, it was her twin sister (which explains why she sounded different before death)

I thought it was an intriguing twist/set-up, and I wanted to know how the rest of the episode played out.

But what if I were to steal Seymour Skinner and disguise it as my own identity? Oh ho ho ho ho, delightfully devilish Armin.

>BRINGING UP ARMIN TAMZARIAN.

>AT THIS TIME OF DAY...

It really steamed my hams.

This episode pretty much marked the downfall of the Simpsons. Most episodes afterwards decreased in quality and became more stale in character development and humor.

And to think.... After SEASONS and YEARS of building up Skinner, they just throw away the character we all knew and loved. Not only that but at the end of the episode, the writers made it seem like nothing changed. Skinner went back to his role, but now was some facade. Waste of time and animation if you ask me.

sshhhh, shut the fuck up OP, is ilegal to talk about that you will get us in troubles, i dont want to get tortured

Wasn’t it retconned later anyways?

Nope, Lisa called Skinner by his “real name” in season 15, episode 1.

I thought it was funny.
>Up Yours Children!

Please die. Your kind isn’t welcomed in this thread.

>IN THIS PASTA

To be fair, that was because that episode was doing something similarly stupid, in which Snowball II dies, and then after a few cats, Lisa finds a cat that not only manages to avoid getting killed, but also looks exactly like Snowball II and decides to name it Snowball II and pretend nothing ever happened.

>episode 1
It wasnt the seasons first episode where she did that.

Meh. The show already lost the plot by Season 4 and 5, where Homer changed from being a naive but well meaning father, into a loud obnoxious idiot.

Just like with Fit Tony?

It's got so many great lines. Crapweeds and Scumdrops, Skinner likes dogfood, Jasper didn't want to come by himself, Frozen Peas.

>Thread asks for opinions on this episode
>only one opinion allowed
Okay

They showed Seymour inside Agnes' womb and, more recently, applying for college before being drafted.

yes.

I did not give a shit.
More strange things happened in the Simpson.
Also it was made not canon at the end of the episode

'Oh ho ho ho, delightfully devilish, Seymour!'

*Fit Fat Tony

I could honestly see this happening to try and drag in older viewers who have long since given up.

I had no strong emotions towards this, I always just assumed they got mad at someone not letting them change stuff and dealt with it in the most provocative way possible.

it reinforced my belief that Armenians are never to be trusted

betrayed

>IN THIS PART OF Sup Forums

I dunno man, I was 5 when I first saw it

This is a boldfaced lie, just like all those stories of people "walking out of a theater" for a movie they paid like 15$ to see.

Homer claimed he shot Mr. Burns and blamed it on Maggie in a later season.

underrated

I was a sad reminder that nothing is set in stone on entertainment so is pointless to get attached to characters since the writers can retroactively change them for the worst.

This.

It became so commonly cited that it lost any original meaning.

>ooooh so Skinner before joining the army was some cool biker dude?
>cool

Shoulda been a Treehouse of Horror ep.

>letting a zombie episode retcon a classic

I thought it was stupid and schlocky.

I didn't care because I am an adult

Some people really do that. You're entitled to a refund under various conditions, unless you live in a total shithole like the US. Even there it's possible.

"Yes and you call them Skinners despite the fact that they are obviously Tamzarians?"

...excuse me for one second

I dunno, can I see Armin's copy of Swank?

I thought it was funny and didn't know how much it triggered people until I came to Sup Forums

>Oh, 10 Canadian dollars. That's a souvenir from your trip to Upstate New York.

>LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR THREAD?!

Tamz' Hams and Clams
formerly Skinner's Dinners

yes

no idea of what you're talking about

Yeah I never saw the problem with it either.

Then against I also don't see why anyone would give a fuck about Simpsons continuity in the first place.

I didn't even mind the reveal itself, what made me mad was the writers in the bonus features saying
>wow why are people upset why are they attached to animated characters
no shit they like your characters why is that a bad thing, isn't that the entire point of making a work of fiction

Does this mean Armin roleplays as real Skinner in some of his Nam stories? The person he was before doesn't mesh with the stories he tells at times.

No, fictional characters and events, places, things etc. are vehicles for any rhetorical purpose. This includes making people laugh, exciting adventures, exploring hypotheticals etc. etc.

I'm not even defending Tamzarian, just don't repeat that trite line, there's much more to fiction that inspiring pathos/bathos and such. The writers must have felt Skinner and Springfield were just vehicles for funny scenarios, the mistake was that they had in fact become more than that.

The problem is that when you change a character fundamentally like that it makes the previous stories senseless. Skinner WAS NEVER a pathetic mama's boy.

The Simpsons doesn't have real continuity of stories but it MUST have continuity of character otherwise it becomes impossible to comprehend. Much of the humor is based on the personalities and if they don't matter, nothing works.

Shit like this cracks me up more than any simpsons episode in the last 10 years.

Yes the reference was a joke, they've said the episode is retconned and considered to have never happened. I think Skinner's voice actor had a particular special hatred of it as did the fans at the time. I think the thing is Simpsons only has continuity when it feels like it and it's funny. Especially being a 30 year old show, if you really look, there is a lot that contradicts and makes no sense if you decide to be a stickler. Or the fact that they never age but started living in the 1980s but now have iPads, social media, Trump being president and so on. They do "continuity" as an easter egg or joke for fans now. I would guess some the current writers were born after the show had been on a decade and have not seen most of the episodes. Whole plots sometimes repeat themselves.

Horribly enough, this sounds like something they would do. I mean her VA eventually came back.

It was number 9; I, (Annoyed Grunt)-Bot

Can't argue with this, other than that I don't think Skinner's live-with-mother character aspect necessarily overrides/negates his stuffy-bureaucrat-desperate-for-funding character - that seems more a question of the writing of individual episodes, of certain contributors to the series, or to broad directional issues of the franchise. Not really related to Armin Tamzarian stuff either, not that THAT matters to this sub-topic either.

>Can I screen cap it?

Now they retconned it as
>Skinner before joining the army wanted to be a drummer in a marching band

what

no

I 100% walked out of The Last Airbender 2/3 of the way in. Both my sister and I would have left 45 minutes earlier, but we each mistakenly thought the other was enjoying it.

And obviously that guy is joking about his arm. Not everyone on the internet is a malicious liar or a moron.

OP obviously wants to be tortured.

Isn't Skinner's appeal being both a badass military vet and a school teacher constantly struggling to make everything work despite district being crap and Bart Simpson?

That was the entire point of the episode. By season 8, they were struggling to come up with plotlines so they'd frequently resort to episodes like Hurricane Neddy or Burns Baby Burns that hinged on adding nonsense to a character's backstory for the sake of a plot. This episode was the writers poking fun at how often they did those kinds of episodes by taking it to a ridiculous extreme. I think the only problem was that they were too subtle about the intent.

Has groening ever commented on zombie Simpson's like straight up said its shit now?

Should've had either Seymour or Agnes wake up at the end and have it all as a dream, with an ambiguous ending. Then you'd have freaks debating about the return of the TRUE Seymour Skinner and what a badass character he is to this day.

I don't remember how this episode worked in regards to Principal's military record, his mom or anything. I just vaguely remember he was a fraud but it didn't matter in the end because they liked him more.

And don't forget Jebediah Springfield being an evil pirate who tried to kill George Washington.

Yeah that would’ve redeemed that episode leaving it ambiguous.

Especially since that episode had a lot of good lines.

It be fucking funny if they brought Maude back from death the same way Matt and Trey did for Kenny in the end of season 6.

>Marge: Maude Flanders where have you been? I haven't seen you in ages
>Maude:Ohh just been hanging over there

This isn't even an unrealistic scenario, fuck.

They did that with Marvin Monroe.

Your acting like the Simpsons wouldn't repeat a joke