X-men Mutants and humans logicaly

Previous thread
boards.Sup Forums.org/co/thread/98209435

There was some great discussion going however there are no logical (us IRL humans repeatable) reasons presented in the X-men universe why humans hate mutants.

Saying magical hive mind bacteria, mind control humans into hating mutants is admitting there are no good sane reasons for the mutant hate in marvel.

Did the writers ever present a alien ideology justification
>Having DNA based flight is EVVVIIILLL and from the devil!
>Machines are totally OK
Its ok if they do however I'm not aware this was ever presented.

All the monologue are full of illogical jumps.

Also the metaphors are botched.
The real debate about mutant super powers should look more like the gun debate.
>Muh guns, muh self defense, muh making the government afraid
>Muh super powers, muh self defense, muh making the government afraid

>Muh gun control, muh gun valance, muh safety
>Muh mutant power control, muh mutant power valance, muh safety

The debate would center around this right VS left issue.
Pick extremely related.
>I'm afraid of my son because he bought a AK 47 now
>I'm afraid of my son because he can shoot fire from his hands now

>The problem is that, as far as I know, they don't address the real issues that super powers popping up in the world would cause. Suddenly random teenagers are able to enact their own edgy brands of Justice
This sums up everything a shit load of people can simply go out on a rampage and they love it.
Exactly like the gun control debate.
>Rogue (why would you want to drain the life from someone during 5 minutes)
Why not? Its a extremely effective way be superior in hand to hand combat.
Criminals love it because they can kill their enemies or if they get jumped in prison, actually the enemy needs to work round the fact that contact is deadly for them.
Governments love it because they can recruit super assassins and agents like Rogue.
[To be continued]

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dlu34ZKFDb8
youtube.com/watch?v=qTbpyd_8mSM
youtube.com/watch?v=lv3VkSwhhkU
youtube.com/watch?v=4TdNhdQMboc
youtube.com/watch?v=KjRMT-a10fg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blindness_(film)
heroeswiki.com/Mohinder_Suresh
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus
youtube.com/watch?v=dYAoiLhOuao
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Edge lords love to have Rogue powers because
>Suddenly random teenagers are able to enact their own edgy brands of Justice

The only debate would be how hard the government requires supers/mutants to be registers or wants to have a permanent watch on them.
Something like Babylons Psi Corps
youtube.com/watch?v=dlu34ZKFDb8
youtube.com/watch?v=qTbpyd_8mSM

So matting someone like Rogue would be like reverse allergies
>I have to say you don't touch me because I'm a mutant will auto drain the life out of you
Meats someone who is open carrying some heavy guns, pick related.

>Mystic
Government infiltration.
Criminal infiltrator.
Edge lord wants to fuck with people.
All these persons love to have her powers or recruit someone with her powers.
This would turn into a mutant super powers arms race.

>cyclops (again, you arent going to melt the face of people just because you can)
Military.
Criminals.
Edge lord
>Suddenly random teenagers are able to enact their own edgy brands of Justice

And I can show you IRL people who will argue until they are blue in the face that their recreational shooting of cans with sniper rifles is reason enough for them to have sniper rifles.
Also generally every pro gun NRA guy
>Self defense
>I want the government to fear me
>You totalitarian!

What even inspired the writers to create the mutant hate idea?

It was a metaphor for puberty/the civil rights movement/a vague fear that kids who red comic-books could project into and buy more comics.

Conflict.

I think its basic... "generalization reaction"
"He is a member of X group - someone from X group done evil things - he from the group that trending to doing evil things - he is trending to doing evil things"

i.e. "Magneto blew up power station" turns into "mutants blew up power station"

Other "supers" haven't generalization trait.

>"generalization reaction"
Why is it not exactly structured like the gun debate.

>X school shooter used guns!
>Ban all guns!
Because it promotes a right wing pro gun message?

>Other "supers"
So is it:
>You can run around with the powers to end reality as long as you don't say you are a mutant

This explanation is flat, especially that people are actively hunting mutants.
And mumbling something about
>Humanity....
>mutants bad...
>Mutants sick ....
>end all mutants...

>the civil rights movement
more like homosexuality

>a vague fear that kids who red comic-books could project into and buy more comics.
More like a magnet for edgard teens to identify and be the super powered outcast who is hated by society for his talent and powers.
A extremely right wing message mind you.

>civil rights movement
Daily reminder that the main X-men debate is between
Magneto who wants to exterminate all humans
And
Professor X who represents the segregationist argument, we simply live secretly with our own kind.

And Professor X is the good guy and he regulatory talks to his friend Magneto.
Are you certain you want to project race issues on these people?

I've said this a million time in dozens of these threads but the best solution would be for Tony Stark and Reed Richards to reverse engineer the super soldier serum and give it to every x gene negative man, woman and child. Then the biggest fear of mutants (one of them deciding to go pumped up kicks) is gone. Imagine, Magneto decides to start shit and is promptly taken out by a bunch of super humanly strong, fast and resilient civilians trowing disk-shaped objects. Though I guarantee the X-men would find a way to ruin it for everyone

There is always Extremis.

More like everyone needs to have a gun to stop evil shooters.

when was Sublime introduced and what do you think of him/it?

New X-Men Annual 1 and I'm a fan. But I am a bit prejudiced, I like Sci-Fi X-Men more than Superhero X-Men. Sublime is a more hidden enemy, you can't just beat him. I also do like the U-Men with their transhuman agenda. In a world in which you can get powers by accident guys like that would be everywhere. (Me included).

I'm not a fan of it.
It relay makes the whole human mutant struggle pointless if magical bacteria are manipulating humans.

O you gave a speech and made some activism Professor X?
To bad magical bacteria will reprogram humans to hate mutants.

Did people kill or try to kill this Sublime bacteria ?
Is it a enemy that can be killed with a vaccine?

Makes the mutant activism pointless if all you needed to do is make a vaccine to kill the evil brainwashing bacteria.

However I recognize its the only way to actually make everything that was going on with the mutant hate make any form of sense and not go into really strange territory.

X-Men Grand Design came up with what I feel is a pretty decent justification, that being Namor attacking NYC during the 40s and killing thousands as a result and that actually having a lasting effect instead of being glossed over like most events of that magnitude usually do

>turning the x-men from a metaphor for oppressed people to one of delusional people who think their oppressed

Okay what about UFC fighters thought?

They are so trained in combat their hands are considered "weapons" and they'd go to jail if they beat up a regular person because of that claim. How would translate to superheroes who predominantly rely on hand to hand combat

Not really.
You need to go into really strange ideological territory to make this conclusion.

>terrorists attacked us using guns
>We must never use guns because terrorists use them.
A more realistic scenario is the Babylon 5 where the government starts hogging mutants and using them like they do with guns.

Did the writers ever explore a bizarre ideology solution for mutant hate?
Because form what I have seen the human supremacy characters are shout things that are not fully explored and pretend like they are presenting deep philosophy.

It's the Mutant Question. That's all it ever was.

I would rather trust a Sentinel with my life than a mutant. Sentinels are not attempting to replace humanity and claim they're the next step of human evolution. Their sole purpose is to guard humanity from all its myriad threats.

I know, the minority victim complex is getting way out of hand.

That's a myth. Training doesn't preclude you from the right to self defense.

>Professor X who represents the segregationist argument, we simply live secretly with our own kind.
No, The X-Men hire and interact with too many humans for that to be true. The X-Men are about coexistence and protecting people from the worst aspects of human or mutant alike.

You're right. Gun control advocates really should stop complaining, especially when most of them are rightfully wary of the government, but believe the State is the only allowed to have firearms.

X-men is an extreme example of why every superhero fiction is deeply right wing.

X-men is basically Atlas Shrugged on super steroids and with undeniable superpowers.

Atlas Shrugged the inferior "untermenchen"(my words) are oppressing the geniuses and creators of the world who are the "ubermenchen" and responsible for every genius invention in the world.

The inferiors are so retarded that they need to learn to shut the fuck up and obey the geniuses or they will literally fail to maintain a working country.

The inferiors want to control and are oppressing the "ubermenchen".

Now tell me how X-men is not exactly like this only with super power DNA ubermenchen VS inferior obsolete humans.
Magneto alone can revolutionist construction and transportation.

Mutant only school.
Are you sure Prof X is not about segregating humans and mutants?
And this is how they coexist?
Separate with their own kind?

>Mutant only school.
Which has hired a number of humans throughout the years. And at least two non-mutant students if you include Birdbrain and Warlock. Their student body is chiefly mutants, because the entire point of the school is to teach mutants how to keep their powers from being a danger themselves or people around them, human and mutant alike.
>Are you sure Prof X is not about segregating humans and mutants?
No, because they go out and interact with humans all the time, and on a non-superheroic basis. This hasn't gotten as much focus as it did in the 80s, with the rise of the "Marvel Civillian", but that's the fault of the writers, not the driving philosphy of the Institute.

Leftists are walking self parodies if you ask them questions they shut down.
You can basically spot the moment where the windows XP shutdown sound should play.

>Are you sure Prof X is not about segregating humans and mutants?
The very opposite. Never liked what they did to him since Whedon.

>two non-mutant students
Muh token humans.
>interact with humans
I think you need to look how segregation really looked like.
Or tell me how you imagine segregation looks like?

I mean it's wrong because a school that helps downtrodden youth would make Ayn Rand vomit

Umm all these words fro mProf X and all of them are empty.
He talks about relating to the suffering of others and about "People are restricted to helping their own".
Really empty words.
Still fits 100% into segregationist mindset.

>helps downtrodden
I think you meant to write
>helps the genetically superior ubermenchen who are oppressed by the geneticaly inferiors
Also a big part of the book is a secret hideout where all the ubermenchen hide from the inferior idiots and live among themselves.

Yeah, but the X-men leave their secret hideout to help people. They are altruistic which is impossible for a right wing society, let alone a Randian one.

Look, they all share a common pool of members that freely circulate between them. Doesn't that clearly point towards them being politically and ideologically unified to a very high degree?
Also some of them have genocided whole planets, but that apparently doesn't matter a lick to them. Probably because those planets weren't inhabited by mutants, amirite?

They actually all are mutant supremacist terrorists wielding significant, unchecked and sometimes even uncontrollable power and they all will at least not do a damn thing to save non-muties when then night of the punch ray come.

The guy runs a racial milita that's living in various enclosed compounds and island fortresses. He's paying hard cash and travelling the country, hypnotizing normie parents into handing over their kids in order to create segregation between baselines and mutants.

The only difference between Ayn Rand and X-men is how X-men is extrema.

AR
>ubermenchen are intellectual giants and smart
X-men
>mutants have super powers who are undeniable and demonstrable to everyone and how superior the powers are

AR:
>inferior idiots laugh at inventors (there is a whole scene where one ubermench invents anew metal and his wife + friends laugh at him because they are interested in pointless culture shit)
X-men
>mutants are openly hated by their families and hate mobs of the inferiors form regularly to try to bash the ubermenchen.
>The police is actively trying to hunt down the ubermenchen.

Empty Words? Do you have problems with reading comprehension? He is arguing AGAINST segregation.
I think you just have made up your mind and will deny every counter example.

>He is arguing AGAINST segregation.

Yet he's working and paying FOR segregation.

>altruistic
Ignoring AR philosophy of capitalism/selfishnes(X-men is not her ideology + super powers).

The motives of a select few having insight and the rest being a mindless mob of idiots who are inferior is typical of right wing ideologies.
I'm only pointing out the similarities.

if this makes you happy its not exclusive to super heroes.
Harry potter is another example of select view with powers VS the Muggle inferior moron population.

But again, the altruistic nature of the X-men negates any Randian connotations. The "heroes" of Rands fiction are self serving because that's her entire philosophy.
>Harry potter is another example of select view with powers VS the Muggle inferior moron population.
This goes completely against the expanded lore of the Harry Potter universe. The wizarding community insulated themselves in the middle ages after persecution which essentially made them luddites in the modern world. They are barely capable of communicating with anyone outside of their society and as of the 90s their peek technological use was the radio. They are the morons in the Harry Potter universe.

All his words translate to
>We will send aid if the Niggers are starving.
Show one sentence that contradict this conclusion.
The real question after these empty words is to ask how his "living together" looks like will there be mutant only zones?
Will there be mutant only fountains?
After all a mutant can injure a human quite easy and even on accident.

Is it not smart to segregate them to avoid injuries?

>wizarding
Are presented to be superior and the wand is basically the iphone for reality.
And spells are apps you use to manipulate reality.

They have skills like magic while muggles can never have it.
This translates to the X gene extremely easily.

The books present wizards to be more interesting and better to muggles.

That sounds like bullshit.

Except it's not. There are rules and regulations to magic which are nonexistent to the muggle equivalent. A child using their wand to contact a parent could get them barred from practicing magic for life. Also that's a lot of government oversight for a Rand comparison.

>altruistic
>Rands
I really like to drop the part of her philosophy partly because a derail from the subject.

Partly because i think AR was a nut case who was talking bullshit and her selfishness included giving to charity.
In the end I don't think she herself did have a coherent idea and was only riding on anti-communist hysteria and shouting slogans like
"greed is good"
"altruism is the greatest evil"
to be the anti-communist.

I don't thin she herself could even give one example of anyone living under her definition of altruism.
youtube.com/watch?v=lv3VkSwhhkU
Ayn Rand says charity is good and not altruism.

Blame later writers. They wanted to make him ambigous. Copying the Chief from Doom Patrol.

no it's more like this - muslims attacked us, so we must hate muslims.

>rules and regulations
>A child using their wand
Kids can not kill people by starting a app on the iphone.
a Wond is more like a gun or car, and HP is more a reflection of the totalitarian and oppressive British government(my views) and the subhumans(my views) who love being oppressed in Britain(my views).

>Also that's a lot of government oversight for a Rand comparison.
I think you are missing the point
X-men
Atlas Shrugged
Harry Potter
Present a world where

1) A handful of people are superior
2) Every other normal human is inferior and stupid
3) This is acknowledged by the creators themselves and the story itself
4) These ubermenchen like to live together

It really is all about this.

>this thing is so much like randian fiction if you completely ignore one of the biggest tenets of her philosophy!
You're a retard.

Does someone know the source? I would like to read more about this Professor X.

Instead of asking "did the writers ever explain...?" "did the writers ever explore...?" why don't you read the fucking comics? Fuck this thread made of your assumptions about the X-Men and asking people to spoonfeed you.

Read the comics.

>there are no logical reasons presented in the X-men universe why humans hate mutants.

I think you might be retarded, OP, because the last thread was filled to the brim with perfectly logical reasons why humans would hate mutants.

It's completely reasonable to hate someone who can phase through walls to rape your daughter or mind-control you into killing yourself, because there's absolutely fuck all you can do to prevent it. And then you have fuckers like Magneto who advocate mutant superiority, which basically supports those very fears.

Mutants are seem to be the next step in evolution - eventually they will replace humanity. No one wants his entier race to be replaced by superior one. Also, there is a possibility that some super powerful mutant like Magneto will appear and try to take control of the goverment. And don't forget that by this point mutants have suffered two deadly viruses that could possibly evolve to harm humans ass well. And at last, mutant s are very often have differente appereance than humans (think beast, nightcrawler, morlocks). Even today there are places where people are judged by there skin color, imagine what would happend if you were covered in blue fur

Actually it is.
Being a muslim is a choice, islam is a ideology.

Unless you define mutants to be a ideology
(contradicted by every material in existence) you have no point.

Mutants are more like some Olympic athletes with superior bodies.
its like saying we will hate people who have fit bodies because people with fit bodies did something wrong.

Yeah, but you can't call either Harry Potter or the X-men Randian because they are about self sacrifice which is the absolute antithesis of her philosophy.

>I think you might be retarded, OP, because the last thread was filled to the brim with perfectly logical reasons why humans would hate mutants.
I'm certain you can link to one then.

>It's completely reasonable to hate someone who can phase through walls to rape your daughter or mind-control you into killing yourself,
See
>It's completely reasonable to hate someone who can use his GUN to rape your daughter or kill you using his GUN,
youtube.com/watch?v=4TdNhdQMboc
youtube.com/watch?v=KjRMT-a10fg

Do you also hate people who have advanced technology?
Because they can totally do this.

What comic? Do you know the exact issue featuring this speech?

See

If you want to know more about Xavier start with X-Men #1.

The point is its a right wing way of thinking.
>X-men is not her ideology + super powers

>Yeah, but you can't call either Harry Potter or the X-men Randian
I never did.
I did say it is right wing.

>about self sacrifice
I really like to drop this obsession over her philosophy.
Simply because she actually included
"Getting yourself killed for your country to be totally Ok and not self sacrifice"

You compared both them to Rand's work and posted a cover of Atlas Shrugged?

>I'm certain you can link to one then.

Well, I sure can! Right here:

boards.Sup Forums.org/co/thread/98209435

Just read through that thread, my retarded friend. You'll find everything in it. Hell, you could even read through THIS thread if you're lazy. There were a few logical reasons posted here, too.

But you won't do that, because this is a shitposting thread and every time someone refutes your non-argument you plug your ears and go "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" So maybe just go fuck yourself with a hot iron rod instead.

Found it it, Uncanny X-Men 299, thanks for your help.

If muslim doesn't work for you think about homosexual people. They became generally accepted not so long ago, and even in some wild places they are killed just for being gay. Mutants are viewed as separete things from humans, they have a community and so on. And yeah, you muslim is still a valid example, since not every muslim person is willing to explode schools, yet people are agressive towards them because of other muslims terrorist activity. I guess you can say that Magneto is the Isis of mutantkind

I don't think anyone will respect someone saying.
>Simply read over 50 years of publications the answer is somewhere in there.

The point is people who where moderately exposed to X-men start having questions over this mutant hate.
No X-men fanboy was able to give examples of a reasonable logical explanation of the mutant way of thinking in the commits.
With the exceptions of brainwashing bacteria did it.
However its admiring the mutant hate is logical insanity made by brain bacteria.

I think fanboys need to realize that their comics have illogical human behaviors.
Or can you explain it?

Yeah racism and bigotry don’t make sense

That’s like the whole point

>No X-men fanboy was able to give examples of a reasonable logical explanation of the mutant way of thinking in the commits.
Actually, several have.

You know user, homophobia and racism is still a thing. Now think that gay black boy suddenly started shooting uncontrollable energy beams from his eyes. Yeah, like no reason to be hated at all

user do you have mental issues?
Arguing with you visualized
ME:
>Star Wars and Star Trek both have FTL and space travel
YOU:
>Star Wars is nothing like ST!
ME:
>They have starship capable of FTL in ST and SW
YOU:
>in SW its hyperspace and in ST its warp totally different
ME:
>I understand this they are examples of FTL its not like SW is exactly a copy of ST.
YOU:
>But there are no light sabers in ST
ME:
>I was talking about FTL and star ships, don't bring light sabers into this
YOU:
>Why did you start talking about Star Wars then?

Not really hell the entire point of Whedon's Astonishing X-men was the X-men being super heroes for good publicity, you want a completely altruistic hero look at Spider-man dude gets shit on just as bad as the X-men but he keeps fighting for our worthless assess which is why the mutants hate him.

>But you won't do that, because this is a shitposting
I actually did read it all kido.
Not one argument was made.

And here is how you link to something on this website:
>Whats up its written somewhere in here LEL
shitposting?
Can you not link or copy past it?

For example
This is wrong and counted hard in
>This is really hardcore equalism/defectivism
>So what are the implications we don't cure blindness because blind people will be extinct?

I wonder if Horsey is aware that his depictions of rednecks are generally racist, ableist, and classist. But I suspect the irony of representing the opposition as a poor, fat, retard is lost on him.

>Countered hard
>By a poor analogy

>4) Society and humanity at large can actually nore survive neither progress without tose ubermensch's continuous input and altruistic self-sacrifice

Fixed.

You're comparing philosophies of the fiction not set pieces. Both fictions are also printed on paper but that doesn't make them philosophically similar, you twat.

>"countered"
>with shit that only somehow relevant to the first sentence
Try to be more subtle boy

>There was some great discussion going however there are no logical (us IRL humans repeatable) reasons presented in the X-men universe why humans hate mutants.

Of course not, just look at the world, people defends tolerance and diversity in all parts of the world. If someone voice against a particular group or minority, even if this minority is causing trouble" is acused of racist.

If mutant existed, people would defend them and their rights, even if a large number of them were psychos.

All this stories (not just mutants, think also in mcu Inhumans, or in anime like Zettai KAren children or recently Devilman) always take the same approach. Humans fear and persecute those different.

IT would be nice for a change see the story from that other angle, with people defending the different because "human rights" even despite them causing troubles.

>homosexual
Yes this was the original intended interpretation.
>And yeah, you muslim is still a valid example
Actually its not and ridicules to suggest.
Try every story where a mutant discovers his powers
How will this translate kids starting randomly praying to Mecca without knowing what they are doing?
Them obeying Islamic restrictions on usury without understanding why they are doing this?

Homosexual are hated for multiple reasons.
Why are mutants hated.
>Sublime
So no reason brainwashing bacteria needs to exterminate mutants and humans are only puppets of the bacteria, the actual war is bacteria VS mutants.
In this scenario humans have no agency whatsoever.

>mutants are different, so hate
>Yeah racism and bigotry don’t make sense
>That’s like the whole point
a really silly way of thinking and childish propaganda.
Every "hate movement" can show argument after argument why they hate something and its never so simple.

Especially that mutants have benefits like super powers.
Not giving argumentation shows why the writers did not think this over, it really undermines the fictional work if your antagonists spout nonsense that is not really fitting.

And there are ways of making a half decent ideology however the implications are interesting at best(pro humans =pro primitivism = pro cripple ).

And introducing evil bacteria who brainwash humans simply fixes the story problem by making all mutant hate illogical.

>Actually, several have.
There are answers however no one is logical or self consistent if questioned.

Its a extrapolation or questioning of the reasoning.
No fictional character has to my knowledge answered this question.
And no fan can answer it.
The
>Humans will be extinct
is on the same level like saying
>if we cure blindness, blind people will be extinct

So what? Who wants to be blind?
In the same reasoning who wants not to have powers?
Who cares if regular humans will be extinct?
No one can follow this up with a logical answer.

>there are reasons why homosexuals are hated
>there are no reasons to hate (non human) beings who have powers to destroy army or who are either hideous and malformed.

Tell me the reasons why homosexuals are hated. The muslim analogy works because it represents the hate peaceful muslims and even non muslim middle eastern people(see, its not about the culture, its about appearance and identity) are getting based on the actions of the related minority group (Isis/magneto) And again, try to be more subtle.

Can you not see this one similarity in the themes and messages portrayed in these works of fiction?

>Every "hate movement" can show argument after argument why they hate something and its never so simple.
The answer is very simple, the oppressive class uses various methods of class warfare to keep the poor and disenfranchised poor and disenfranchised, such as tricking the lower middle class whites into thinking they are upper middle class and thus better than poor minorities when really they are just as downtrodden.

>There are answers however no one is logical or self consistent if questioned.
On the other hand video games can present incredibly detailed and believable ideologies example
Bioshock 1

On the other hand people can bombard you with loads of philosophical and ideological justifications IRL.

When the core concept of one is philosophically opposed to the core concept of the other then the themes aren't similar at all

The people won't have powers, their ancestors maybe will have powers. But Powers in general aren't presented as a consistent or good thing, those with powers aren't seen as trustworthy.
The analogy of blindness presents a world where blindness is the norm, which was never the case.
In a world where the world was built by and for the blind, those with sight could definitely be seen as destructive and a danger to society, especially if a bunch of Seepremacists constantly took advantage of their abilities.

And again you ignored everything else I responded to you with the first time in which Mutant powers aren't 100% good and a lot have drawbacks.

>diversity in all parts of the world

>meanwhile, in Russia in Chechnya another gay is killed

No one really wants true diversity. On some levels of society there has to be some sort of conformity or agreement.

>The muslim analogy works
No its not.
Seriously unless
Muslims are:
Completely genetic based.
Not a ideology.

And these points disqualify them from ever being considerer in this category.

>hate peaceful muslims
In the sense that they are someone who is hates yes. However this is a extrema generalization.

>peaceful muslims
There are no true peaceful muslims.
Every true muslims wants to exterminate the unbelievers if not he is not a true muslim.

The Islamic State represents true muslims.
And they kill of all heretics, the people you are talking about are heretics who deviate from Islam and call themselves muslims.
These heretical muslims are peaceful yes.
however they are exterminated like all other islamic heretics.
And the this definition is also the definition the Islamic State is using.

At best these heretics are insane idiots who have some bizarre obsession with their illogical believes.
Its like pro-gay Christians these people are not true Christians they are heretics who think their perverted reinterpretation of age old traditions was somehow always true.
This is what a heretic is.

Got ya user. I guess its meaningless to continue this thread

Who are you to disagree with the scholars of the Islamic State?
This definition is correct and self consistent.
My reasoning is perfect and flawless.

The problem with Mutants is that they are not some other alien creature.
For example if kryptonians started showing up on earth or other aliens who have superior abilities to humans.
Humans can hate these aliens because:
1) They are not from here
2) They are aliens
3) The are not human
Despite the power aliens have all these arguments hold true.

On the other hand mutants are basically your kids with better eyesight and you don't want all people in the future to have better eye sight.
Its silly.
The kryptonians are from a different place, mutants are humans who mutated.
Fearing kryptonians replacing humans is justified while fearing mutants looks silly.

Except it's exactly what happened with Neanderthals. We killed and fucked them out of existence.

>those with powers aren't seen as trustworthy
Hello Anarcho-primitivism(actual ideology)
>all power corrupts.
>Technology gives power
>WE must return to a hunter gatherer life style

>In a world where the world was built by and for the blind, those with sight could definitely be seen as destructive and a danger to society,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blindness_(film)
it definitively is a extrema super power see the movie.

The blindness example stands because who is to say what the correct form for a human is?
Not all humans can fly like superman, not all humans have vision.

However if IRL people started developing the ability to fly or have other X-men powers why should this not be celebrated?
My position is basically identical to
Mohinder Suresh
heroeswiki.com/Mohinder_Suresh

> Mutant powers aren't 100% good and a lot have drawbacks.
I agree.
However
1)
I understand that mutations have often downsides like no ability to control their powers however this is fixed by training or some special equipment.
>oh I can not control my eye lazes and need to ware these special glasses?
I know people who would gladly take this power.

2)
The ugliness is to my knowledge extremely rare in mutants and even then its silly because beast (lets ignore his blue fur is the result of him fucking with his DNA in some continuities) looks like some sexy furry.

3)
Considering its accidental and not like joining a ideology/terrorist organization who gives you super power serums like AK47s.
(think Iron Man 3 super serum will give you super powers or kill you, now replace kill you with make you potentially ugly or give you nasty draw back and its like spinning the super power wheel of chance)

Why are the humans lashing out at the mutants?
At best its like someone getting deformed or getting a allergy.
If they have no control over it why the hate for them?

>If they have no control over it why the hate for them?

bigotry is irrational

Literally
>I want my kid not to be smarter/have_a_better_body then me or its genocide RAW RAW!
Where do you even draw the line?
If your kid is not a genetic clone of you his is genetically different even if we are talking about normal humans.
Also have you considerer Ship of Theseus?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus
youtube.com/watch?v=dYAoiLhOuao

>bigotry is irrational
So X-men humans are written to be insane nut-bags who make zero sense.
Glad to have someone agree with the thesis in the OP.
>All the monologue are full of illogical jumps.
>Also the metaphors are botched.

That movie has a world in which Blindness isn't the norm. It's a disease and everyone has had their normal ability taken from them.

It depends on the writer, sometimes the weird looking ones are the norm and the pretty ones aren't. In the end looking different can lead to ostracization and insecurity even if your difference isn't objectively ugly.
I mean Beast looks like a sexy furry, most people aren't into sexy furries.

Also someone taking uncontrollable highly destructive eye blasts is kind of a fucking idiot. Scott had to train his ass off to be as safe and capable as he is with them and even then he has slip ups.

It's a bit dumb that there's so few people excited by the prospect of becoming beyond human, but it makes perfect sense that people fear the world changing to something so alien especially when there are very powerful and capable groups that want to violently supplant humanity vs "evolving".