>Gets on Avengers

>>Gets on Avengers
>>Kills all the characters he thinks sucks.
>>Puts Wolverine, Spider-Man and his favorites from the 70's, Luke Cage and Spider-Woman on the team.

>>Gets on X-Men.
>>Changes Cat Beast into Gorilla Beast cause he doesn't like Cat Beast.

>>Viper has her head turned into a squid head in Secret Warriors.
>>Before this can even be explored, Bendis has Norman Osborn fix it so she's back to normal Viper.

>>Takes Kitty Pryde out of Wolverine and the X-Men to nonsensically want to train the O5
>>Then takes Kitty into space when he leaves X-Men

Has there ever been a writer as petty as Bendis?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ULdm2NLrN4E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Geoff Johns.
Before you start meming, I do like (most of) Johns' comics, but he retconned everything to his liking and shat on characters he didn't like as much as Bendis.
Also, never forget Superboy retcon and the letter.

When Johns changes something, it’s usually to the benefit of oldfags. When Bendis changes something, it’s always for HIS benefit alone.

>breaks up Strange and Clea off-panel for no reason
>makes Strange a petty bitch about it too

I will never not be mad.

Reminder that Ultimate Spider-man has always been shit.

Yeah, Johns mainly changed shit like bringing Barry Allen back and all that. But I think the big difference is that Johns at least can come up with original ideas such as the rainbow lanterns, where Bendis always steals his ideas from whatever is popular at that moment in time.

I mean, Miles Morales came out of the "Make Donald Glover Spider-Man" movement prior to Amazing Spider-Man. The Avengers Fear Itself arc was just the Office. He even described his Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon as "Arrested Development meets 30 Rock" and the end of his Avengers run as "Intense as Breaking Bad finales"

The guy is such a tool.

Relevant.

I'm still pissed about flash rebirth if I'm honest about it.

Do we need a containment thread for mainstream comics? I want to learn about new stuff or discuss fun cartoons but half the board is Marvel or DC fags bawwwwwing about how so and so messed up Punchman and the Punch Family. Keep it in one thread, assholes, no one else cares about how Interchangeable Writer ruined your event books.

You missed:
>Breaks up Iceman and Kitty for nonsensical reason because he wants her
>Proceeds to make Iceman gay for daring to touch his waifu

>We could have an Eltingville club series
What could have been, pilot was fucking great.

Are there even cartoons left to talk about?

Yost has best taste.

that's not even a tenth of it, OP, but I don't have the screenshot

>Anyone who knows me would assume Psylocke
>C.B. CEBULSKI
Confirmed for being bullied by Marvel because of his weebiness and for being a liar, everyone knows you'd want Psylocke.

I don't even know. Let's contain all the Marvel and DC bitching to one thread and find out.

Kyle and Yost have good taste.

A more sensible solution would be to put all the cartoon shit into one contained thread

...So what will he do to DC?

Cho knows best

>Cho
My fucking sides

Yes let's give Punchman tards the entire board. Maybe we should ban the company fag wars and get it over with.

>CB Beluski
>Mary Jane
THE SHOGUN SHALL BRING BACK THE MARRIAGE

No, she'll start dating Japanese guy named Akiba Noshiba.

What did he mean by this? Why is he so obsessed with jews and who will be his DC JEW?

OY GOYIM WOT IF CIVIL WAR BUT WITH SUPER HEROES
FOKING MENTAL AY

No, all of Sup Forums should be contained in one thread before Hiro decides to kill it off.

Complaining about him on a semi-daily basis seems much more petty, to me.

Hi Bendis.

What are the most retarded deaths from Bendis

Hulk in Civil War II and Black Panther in Age of Ultron falling down and breaking his neck come to my mind

Why did he take a big steaming shit all over them then?

fucking Cho, man. lmao

>Has there ever been a writer as petty as Bendis?
I honestly doubt it. Sure Johns has been mentioned, but most of what Johns does in his various runs is done to appeal to the actual readerbase of comics and DC in particular. But Bendis is just full-blown cancer who steals all of his "original ideas" from others and tries to frame them as his own, all whilst taking a massive fucking dump over EVERYTHING that makes comics appealing to those readers who genuinely care about said comics and their universe.

I think the only writer that comes even slightly close to Bendis' level of vileness is probably Ken Penders.

You forgot splitting up Scott and Emma. Because what was going on was good deep seated desire to undo literally everything that Morrison did.

>He cried at a summit when he wasn't allowed to take Beast backwards from cat Beast to Wolverine-hair Beast

Turning Superboy into an emo fuccboi and Lex's son was all for Johns. Same with the rainbow corps wars. Or making Golden Age Supes a psychopath. Or having Orin sic sharks on people to show how he's totally BADASS.

Lenders is worse, because his head is way in his ass.

yes dorkin is quite annoying

also peter david surpasses bendy by literally retconning everything that happened after his first hulk run and before his second run immediately when he starts the second instead of just obnoxious story choices like bendy

Wait there was a Donald Glover Spider-Man movement? please forgive my newfagness

>Fraction - "Galactus"
>Heterosexual attraction is pretty much rape so I better give a joke answer or else I've assisted the patriarchy
God I hate this asshole.

Gay Superman

it wilo be retconned that he was fucking Jimmy Olsen in the ass for YEARS but kept it in the closet

Bendis will win a number of awards for the story

Bendis has always been the type of writer who doesn't understand the concept of continuity. Looking at his events and team comics makes that much clear. He wants to write a story free from the shackles of 50+ years of character history, so he just ignores what other writers before him have done with the characters, as well as giving no thought to the massive clean-up his shit would require after he leaves a book.

The real problem is that none of the other writers or editors at Marvel think the same way. They should have been containing his changes solely to his books, and treating them as if they never existed when writing their own titles.

The Guardians lost their classic uniforms and suddenly started recruiting more Earth heroes? Ignore that shit. Duggan has done a decent job infusing the classic feel back into the series, but he still has to deal with Bendis' stupid changes.

The X-Men broke apart, their past selves are running around in the present, and the guy competing with fucking Gambit for Biggest X-Player status is suddenly queer as folk? IGNORE THAT SHIT. "Oh, the young O5 ran back to their own time after watching a James Cameron film." "Turns out Jean was just messing with Bobby's head. Emma checked him out, he was just a little rattled. You didn't really think he was gay, did you?"

All I'm saying is that if Bendis could actively ignore other writers' work, they should be able and willing to do the same to his. Especially now that he's gone.

Where did you get that from?

>Gets on Avengers
>Kills all the characters he thinks sucks.
I will forever love the fact that all three Avengers he killed in Disassembled - as well as Wanda, whom he character-assassinated - are now part of the MCU and therefore insanely popular among casuals.

How far are you grasping at those straws?

Bendis is the reason I stopped reading Marvel. Every bad trend in that company is traced back to him. SJW-themes, diversity replacement characters, killing off established characters and replacing them with his pet favorites. I could forgive all that if I found his writing to be stellar, but he has yet to write a story that really impressed me. I think the moment I knew I hated his writing was when he took over for Mark Millar on Ultimate X-Men. In general I don't like Millar either, but he I really enjoyed his Ultimate X-Men run. Bendis came in and just wrecked it all in like 3 issues for no reason other then just to leave his mark on the book. Which is why the Ultimate universe was dead to me long before Jeph Loeb.

>yes dorkin is quite annoying
Why are tripfags so universally awful?

Parker has great taste desu

He killed 4 Avengers. Jack of Hearts remains in obscurity even though he's been resurrected.

>Bendis has always been the type of writer who doesn't understand the concept of continuity.
Agreed. Admittedly, he's good when he gets a new-ish character to sink his teeth into (IIRC his original run of Ultimate Spider-Man is pretty well loved) but whenever he has to work with established characters that people are invested in he fails miserably by just doing his own thing and ignoring everything the readers loved.

I wish he'd felt the pain and struggle of being judged for being a shitty writer.

>>>Puts Wolverine, Spider-Man and his favorites from the 70's, Luke Cage and Spider-Woman on the team.
It's kind of ironic/hypocritical that Bendis complained that the Avengers should be more like the Justice League and be composed of all the A-List heroes, which is why he added Spider-Man and Wolverine to the team, but he then added B-Listers like Luke Cage and Spider-Woman. And later on Bendis would add even bigger literally whos like Echo.

Yeah.

Which had even less chance of succeeding than you would've thought because Sony's email leaks included the fact that contractually Peter Parker always has to be white.

I always figured Bendis's Avengers lineup was a compromise between Bendis and Millar, who pitched that the Avengers should be more like the JLA, and Tom Brevoort, who originally opposed letting Spider-Man and Wolverine onto the team.

What they wound up with was not really a JLA-style all-star team and closer to a traditional Avengers mix of stars and minor characters who would actually get the character development. The difference is that Spidey and Wolverine were among the stars and the minor characters were new to the team (though Roger Stern was about to bring Cage onto the Avengers before he got fired).

Brevoort also lost the battle against bringing Bucky back around the same time. But then he won the battle to break up the Spider-marriage, so...

He's a faggot and should be forgotten, that would be his biggest punishment

>Brevoort also lost the battle against bringing Bucky back around the same time
He wasn't completely against the idea itself, he just told Brubaker that if he was gonna do it he had to make sure it was done right, and gave him a list of questions that would need answered. After Brubaker gave a proper pitch instead of a vague one filled with plot holes, he decided to okay it.

Not til Quesadilla leaves.

Yeah, when the Amazing SPider-Man reboot was announced, people wanted a black Spider-Man, and they rallied behind Donald Glover.

youtube.com/watch?v=ULdm2NLrN4E

Bendis took the momentum and made Miles.

Exodus. He was working for SHIELD all of a sudden. WHY?!

Did he kill Jack of Hearts? I thought Jack of Hearts was already dead and it was a zombie Jack of Hearts which blew up the Mansion?

It was a nice change for a time. We all knew it was but a temporary distortion and everything eventually gonna change back to status quo. Wich is slowly happens currently.
You guys may hate him as much as you want but I really enjoyed that strange times of Bendis Madness.

Under orders from Quesada.

I'm not saying Bendis wasn't happy to do it, I'm saying that Quesada was the main driving force for it.

Even better, Luke ain't never gonna be an Avenger now.

>any one that's been drawn by frank cho!
based yost

Songbird was going to be an Avenger too, but Busiek and Niecera changed that decision cause they knew Bendis was coming.

Johns is fighting a battle against 90s kids like me
fuck Johns

>a containment thread for comics

Jesus you cartoon fans are the fucking worst. Why can't we have separate boards.

>Or making Golden Age Supes a psychopath.

Of those four you listed this is the only one that irritates me the most, also Infinite Crisis as a whole. And also Johns' Flash Rebirth with the whole thing about Barry's mom getting killed by Thawne, which honestly is part of what ended up causing problems for DC Universe itself.

Orin sicing sharks on people to show how he's totally BADASS I'm indifferent to because I've gotten numb to things like that.

Rainbow Corps Wars I'm okay with.

Superboy going emo I'd kind of be a little irritated by but I don't hate his character in the 00's.

>When Johns changes something, it’s usually for HIS benefit alone. When Bendis changes something, it’s always for HIS benefit alone.
Fixed

He's partially right. I can't stand reading Dorkin's twitter too long even though I agree with him at times.

He made a joke you dumb asshole

3/4 of his comic output is bitching about people bitching fuck off tiny brain timmy

Oh, hey, Christina Strain.

John Byrne in select cases

Quesada wasn't EIC though, unless he just stepped back in to ask Bendis to do that because of potential non-comic media profitability?

>Yeah, when the Amazing SPider-Man reboot was announced, people wanted a black Spider-Man, and they rallied behind Donald Glover.
???
Amazing Spider-Man comic? And people wanted an actor for it? Or Amazing Spider-Man movie, which came a decade after Miles?

Johns killed Jack in his last issue.

Bendis saw Johns' "Jack of Hearts and Scott Lang hate each other" plot as an example of how the Avengers were spending too much time on C-listers, so his first act was to bring Jack back just to kill Scott.

Basically Disassembled is 4 issues of punishing any B or C-lister who had been the focus of a lot of stories from 1998 to 2004. Johns's last multi-part story was about She-Hulk's fear that she'll become destructive like her cousin, so Bendis has her rip apart the Vision (one of the longest-serving "lame" characters) under the spell of Scarlet Witch (another of the old core characters).

It's all a way of telling new readers that it's OK to read the book now because all the characters they never cared about are going to be gone.

Because Hickman had no interest in any Avengers comics except Bendis's, most of those characters have never really gotten back into the full-fledged main Avengers cast except Vision.

No, he's talking about the movie reboot. The one with Andrew Garfield? When the reboot was announced there were suddenly people talking about how there should be a black Spider-Man.

Actually it was van Sciver and Didio that pushed for Barry to return and Morrison who brought him back. Johns actually brought Wally and his family back, after Bart replaced Wally after IC, in JSA.

Bendis fucking hates the symbiotes and has done everything in his power to screw them over

When he first made his New Avengers he killed Carnage with Sentry for 6 years
He has forced to do Ultimate Venom

When Flash outsold Miles he stuck him on a team book and did jack shit with him other then try to ruin him

Cartoon pedophiles please go.

>anyone who knows Cebulski would said the white character trying to pass as Asian
DID THEY KNOW

>Bendis fucking hates the symbiotes and has done everything in his power to screw them over

so he still has some good in him.

Well he said anyone who knows him. And those who know him well would know about Akira Yoshida connection.

Quesada isn't EIC, but he has a massive amount of influence. If he wants something done, it will get done.

There was but Miles predates it by about a month as far as the known planning stages supposedly go. Assuming that Marvel doesn't lie about how long their comics take to create and submit (a stretch, I know) then they planned Miles 1-2 months before then.

Based Bendis gets good sales numbers and his stories are good even if we have to go through him changing things up.

>Cartoons
The day US starts producing half of a fifth in a year of what Japan produces in a semester we may be able to talk about cartoons without having to rehash discussions for a show that originally aired four years ago and still gets prime time reruns.

Until then, comics get new content every month and actually give us things to discuss about.

Don't act like this. I saw your Power Pack threads, comic reader. I know the truth!

I will never forgive him for what he did to Superboy.

Maybe he is that kind of jew who loves the (((agenda))

The only good thing he ever did was fuck over Ironfags, Ultimate Venom and Carnage were fucking awful

>responsible for the "men are lazy pigs" version of Hawkeye
>married to KSD
>ODY-C is a "body positive re-imagining of the Odyssey with an all female cast"
yeah. I'm being totally unfair to mr fraction. sorry guys. it's just a funny coincidence that he and bendis were the only two guys who responded by holding up a homosexual spork and expecting us to "LOL SO RANDOM XD" at them. it has nothing to do with them being self-loathing soyboy (((white))) knights. it's just a prank bro.

kyle and cho knows whats up

>everyone who knows me would assume Psylocke
>Akira Yoshida
HMMMMMM.

>the shogun waifus MJ
You think he’ll fix the Peter and MJ problem?

Quesada still outranks him.