Which one has the most magic these days?

Which one has the most magic these days?

Other urls found in this thread:

gonintendo.com/stories/298982-noa-pr-nintendo-switch-becomes-the-fastest-selling-home-video-g
gonintendo.com/stories/299966-switch-becomes-the-fastest-selling-home-game-system-in-canada-eve
gonintendo.com/stories/300085-switch-becomes-fastest-selling-nintendo-system-in-spain
polygon.com/2018/1/4/16849094/nintendo-switch-sales-numbers
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nintendo by far.

Disneyworld is the most magical place on earth so Nintendo can’t compete.

in the sense of which one's more likely to rule the world.
disney

My answer is not that /co

Definitely Disney, they're so cunning with their noxious greed that it almost seems like magic.

Nintendo stopped competing years ago once Sony and Microsoft kicked their ass. Now they just care about changing the game. They've basically been in the "Apple after Jobs came back" mode for the last ten years.

>the two worst states in america have what is essentially a city-state owned and ran by disney within them
hmmmmm
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Well what is the "best state" to the conservative American then? Points if its a landlocked, waterless shithole.

Michigan

>conservative
what?

Hey, Florida ain't that bad!

>Four of those things are the same brand

>Monopolies

Definitely Nintendo. When Disney started remaking their animated movies to live action they basically confirmed they weren't trying to do anything magical anymore.

With how much DC is failing at making profitable or respected superhero flicks, Disney practically has a monopoly on normie geek culture.

>surrounded by water
>lazy niggers
>useless white trash
>Muslims
>touching Canada
Try nice.

florida a worst

That's mainly Warner Bros fault in utterly mishandling everything for the last decade almost.

They micromanaged The Hobbit ruining the experience for everyone.

Have been doing the same continually shuffling the deck of who in control of the DC films while leaving Snyder and a mediocre production team in the longest and giving his replacements literally no chance at fixing things before switching hands again.

Disney is just being lucky by virtue of everyone else's incompetence.

i live in florida, i wouldn't say it's a third world country, but the traffic lately here in miami's been getting fucked by constant construction

Could Disney consu- i mean buy Nintendo if they wanted to?

Never go full NC & Texas level retarded. faggot.

how long do you think nintendo has before they're bought out? Seems like Nintendo hosts quite a few disney content already.

Those touch water too. Gross.

Disney By far, they got people to care about the guardians of the galaxy if that's not magic I don't know what is

What part of Florida? I live down in the Miami and traffic is normal

It's called marketing

I'd give them until one year before they announce their next console.

Nintendo's warchest prevents buyouts. They'd have to divest most of it before anyone would touch them. You aren't just buying intangibles to anmortize, you're buying a lot of straight cash. It's not a sound investment.

Nowadays it's more brand power.

traffic is never normal miami, but i mean the areas that are currently under road construction.
for starters there's coral gables miracle mile getting worked on. but over there in flagler and 27th, the area's gone to shit full of graffiti looking like some part of india

They're both selling themselves massively short, out of a mixture of short-sightedness, mere profit hunger, and attempting to attract/create a debased, slavish, freak fanbase that can be easily led and appeased.

In general they're both employing awful strategies indicative of terribles. It would've been easier to write this off as just misunderstandings or imcompetence years ago, but the frightening thing is that both companies are very sharp on the tactical level. It's clear that their decision-making is compus-mentis, and that they're choosing to be bad.

For Disney, I'm not a super expert or familiar party, but I think the broad strokes are obvious. For Nintendo, the writing leapt off the wall at me and left me with no choice but to accept it after the end of the Metroid Prime series and Other M/Fed Force fiasco. Subsequent treatment of Paper Mario, and the AM2R scandal, would've done the trick as well.

*terrible goals. I actually typed that out, so I don't know what happened to the goal and how its orphaned "s" got on the end of terrible.

So who are they stealing from, exactly?

The jew fear the samurai

Except the Switch is the fastest selling console ever. You fucking mong.

Nintendo. They're both soulless corporations looking to maximize profits, and while Nintendo does some dumb shit, they still recognize video games should be engaging on a mechanical level, rather than "interactive movies". Disney these days is increasingly becoming a glutton for trying to snatch up as many properties as possible for multimedia domination, essentially stripping those properties of what made them enjoyable in the first place.

Switch is here for the long haul.

Both are fantastic at doing things people would normally deem bad, but are good at keeping the cute front.

No. Disney actually cows to Nintendo on a lot of things.

>he thinks the switch won't live on for 6 to 8 years

>god of bore
>another spider-man game that's literally just like every other spider-man game that came out in the last two decades
Sure, it's still more than Xbox and Switch have, but it's still shit.

You kidding, the cardboard angle is brilliant. Every other parent is going "With all these electronics isn't it weird how kids can have the most fun with just a cardboard box" and Nintendo is like bam now that cardboard box is video games bitch you can't escape.

>Not living in glorious St. Pete/Tampa area

God i don't understand people who still find Disneyworld "magical" past childhood. try souless and creepy instead

The cardboard stuff is clearly targeted at young kids. We arnt the target audience. I'm sure kids will fucking love being a goddamn transformer.

Compare Breath of the Wild to the Force Awakens and you'll know.

There hasn't been a Spider-man game like that since Web of Shadows.

Its really debatable. Sure, it sounds like a fucking brilliant idea on the surface, but how many kids will actually enjoy it? Mostly it'll just make parents feel better about giving their kids video games. Plus lets not deny there will be a lot of autistic adult fans lapping this shit up.

i would also like to be a transformer...

PS4 has TWO God of War games coming out this year!

Clearly you've never been to Austin.

Must suck being that poor

Spotted the underage.

never went there, can't be that great.

I almost wish they'd just do what Sega did and drop out of the console business.

>I use the word 'cringe' like an american uses table salt

>newfag

they're the wealthiest company in japan and their stock rose with the announcement of the Labo, it'd be easier for Disney to buy Sony at this point.

I agree with this. All of growing up and to this day, I never understood the appeal of Disney and Disney related lore - theme parks and stuff.

This

Nothing comes close to Based Disney

Oh no, not in Miami, it's an Orlando expression.

Isn't there some Japanese law that means business from other countries can't buy out Japanese businesses?

Are half the people in this thread trapped in a time loop and so have no idea how well the switch is doing?

Welll there are a lot of soyboys out there desu.

>Am Switch owner

No, but it is difficult and buyouts have been blocked by the government, mostly involving the chinks and gooks.

I see. You know this traffic is quite similar to the traffic they have at Jacksonville

Sup Forumstards are in full denial because of
>muh console wars

Disney is just remaking everything.

Zelda was so kino it hurt.

Nintendo makes a lot of weird fucking decisions, but they know when they need to shape the fuck up and can learn from their mistakes (note how the Switch is basically just a Wii U that doesn’t shit the bed with its tablet). Plus they’re willing to use their mad scientists to create something totally unique and new, which for better or for worse makes them unpredictable.
Disney is rapidly approaching the “too big to fail” mindset, which means they’re getting sloppy. A good movie like Zootopia can squeak through sometimes, but a lot of their recent stuff is middle of the road popcorn stuff.
Point goes to Nintendo.

This comparison is fucking retarded.

And with them dipping their toes in both weird cardboard toys and movies again could be the start of a big Nintendo branch out into other markets

>muh console wars
Xbox and PS are pretty much dumbed down PC, thats why the better option is always PC

Um, which part of what he said denies that they've been successful? I'm pretty sure being compared to Apple after Steve Jobs came back is a good thing. And it's a noted fact that Iwata, who laid the groundwork for Switch's success, was a big Apple fan, so the comparison is apt.

Must suck not having a soul.

>I'm pretty sure being compared to Apple after Steve Jobs came back is a good thing
look_of_worried_loathing.jpg

>Nothing comes close to Based Disney

But isn't the switch a huge success, as well as the 3ds?

>Except the Switch is the fastest selling console ever.
>first year sold 10M
>PS4 at its 4th sold twice of that
uuuh sure

wut?

Only Apple nostalgiafags think Jobs coming back was a bad thing. I'm not even saying there's anything wrong with Apple nostalgia--just don't try to deny that Jobs rejuvenated the company and basically changed the name of the game with iPod and iPhone.

>Xbox and PS are pretty much dumbed down PC
If PC is so good how come they have to beg for 99% of games on consoles?

>console that has been on the market longer has sold more
No shit, Sherlock.

Except that user said its the fastest selling console yet couldnt beat a console that most people own by now, not to mention analyst say it's on track on outselling the PS2 if it keeps selling that well

Fuckers like this don't realize that 90% of Nintendo's revenue comes from their consoles which allows them to sustain the amount of quality games they push out. Sega dropped out of the console race and had to shut down most of their software development because they lost a shit ton of revenue.

Nintendo dropping out would be a tragedy.

Nintendo has millions, possibly billions of dollars they have set aside for a rainy day. They are notoriously conservative with their spending and they're not going anywhere.

>They are notoriously conservative with their spending
That explains why the Switch already came out two gens behind in tech

>Except that user said its the fastest selling console yet couldnt beat a console that most people own by now
Do... do you know how numbers work, user? PS4 has been out nearly 5 years. Nintendo Switch has been out for one. Five years is five times longer than one year, so naturally the PS4 will have sold significantly more in that time span.

gonintendo.com/stories/298982-noa-pr-nintendo-switch-becomes-the-fastest-selling-home-video-g

Nintendo Switch is now the fastest selling video game console in the US.

gonintendo.com/stories/299966-switch-becomes-the-fastest-selling-home-game-system-in-canada-eve

Cananda

gonintendo.com/stories/300085-switch-becomes-fastest-selling-nintendo-system-in-spain
And Spain.

The fact that it hasn't yet beaten a console that has been out 5 times longer is irrelevant.

Disney. Disney entire business plan is based on being magical. If you don't care for their animated movies, then there's probably something else of there's that will win you over. If you don't play video games, there isn't much Nintendo can do to win you over.

>The fact that it hasn't yet beaten a console that has been out 5 times longer is irrelevant.
Im not saying in terms of lifetime sales, all im saying is that how can people say it's the best selling console when it has not even been a year since its release and when a 4-5 year old console beat it on terms of sales in a year compared to a new one

>best selling console
they're not saying best, they're saying "fastest f they're still ale to consistently pull these never that's still yet to be seen but so far they've sold more on launch that the PS4 did.

polygon.com/2018/1/4/16849094/nintendo-switch-sales-numbers

>The respected retail tracker said not only did the Switch outsell the PS4 during its opening week, but it did so almost every single week after that during the first 26 weeks on sale.

>In its opening week, the Switch sold 329,152 units while the PS4 sold 309,154 units, according to Media Create.

>Overall, in the first 26 weeks on sale - Media Create said the PS4 sold 665,760 units in Japan, which is a very healthy figure.

>However, the analysts said the Switch in comparison sold 1,527,962 units in Japan during that same period.

>For the PS4, it took 69 weeks for Sony’s console to sell 1,523,471 units in Japan.

>The analysis suggests that, in Japan, the Nintendo Switch is selling at a faster rate than the PS4 at the beginning of its lifetime.

>And this is in the face of widespread Nintendo Switch stock shortages across the world.

>magic
They are companies who try to make money. They are not your friend.
They sell you nostalgia to distract you from you sad life.

>worst
>generates almost a quarter of the nations entire wealth, which all red states that aren’t Texas must leech off of to retain a first-word quality of life.

Stay mad, flyover

Let me try this again

>worst
>generates almost a quarter of the nations entire wealth, which all red states that aren’t Texas must leech off of to retain a first-word quality of life.

Stay mad, flyover

>"fastest f they're still ale to consistently pull these never that's still yet to be seen but so far they've sold more on launch that the PS4 did.
That's a really empty statement if you think about it, i mean unless Nintendo can keep the momentum it had on its first year, it might fall to 2nd or 3rd place with some occasional peaks(the new pokemon game or smash)

a few things prevent this:
>1: Nintendo is INSANELY financially secure. They could operate at a loss FOR OVER TWENTY YEARS before they'd really be in trouble
>2. Disney decided some time when they decided to close Disney Infinity that it's cheaper to just license games out to other companies than try making their own game developers
>3. Japanese law prohibits non-Japanese companies from buying Japanese ones.
>4. Doesn't come up much, but Nintendo does own a love hotel. No way Disney is touching that.

>That's a really empty statement if you think about it
There's Bayo 3, the new No More Heroes games and Metroid Prime 4 on the horizon, if they'll have as big of an impact as Pokemon I couldn't tell but there does seem to be some hype behind them.

>That explains why the Switch already came out two gens behind in tech

Hey Sup Forums. You would be surprised how few people actually care about this

>forgetting the true console mover: Octopath Traveler

Im just pointing that out