Go to comic shop

>go to comic shop
>owner sees some cat hair on me, assumes its from a woman and asks “do you have a girlfriend user?”
>keeps bringing up about the nonexistent girlfriend and tells me to bring her to her store sometime
>leave after buying some stuff and sob in the car
Why are comic store owners such pricks

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/Hd6eT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I dont believe you actually went to a comicbook shop. Enjoy your mail delivered comics user

Comic shop experiences thread?

>comic shop
i stopped reading here.
you're a fucking normalfag piece of shit OP

I was too broke to go to mine for a while and when I finally went back he goes, "So what did you get a girlfriend?" Heh, n-no. :(

>Go to comic shop
>store's clean
>staff is friendly
>never have to make up some stupid bullshit for these threads
Feels good man.

I was at a shop in NYC, I think the saint marks one, and they yelled at someone to not take photos. Which, cool, but im wondering the rationale? People dilly dallying in the shop snapping pics? Or like, if you want a pic w this merch you have to buy it? There have however been times where I've snapped a pic of something at my LCS to send to a friend like, yo new shaoilin cowboy is out, 'pick me up a copy' so in a way it seems counterproductive

>Buying physical comics in the year 2018

You can't even read them in the dark while you're going to bed, what's the point?

>go to comic shop
>they don't have the comics I want
>Half the store is filled with funkos
>staff consists of women who don't read comics and redditors

Kinda this. I'm not really able to justify the cost any more based on what you're getting. $4.25 for 15 mins of content. If the art is good maybe longer. If it's bad, why even buy it? That's the problem w DC lately. I'd support new super-man and deathstroke if I liked looking at the art but it's been amateurish fill ins, not nearly worth five bucks. Over the past year I went from 12 books a month to maybe 4, just those I really want to support and have a physical copy of. Otherwise Hoopla app is free and convenient as hell. Comixology unlimited is much improved w marvel and image content for $7 a month. I never thought I'd prefer digital to floppy but the iPad looks incredible.

How is marvel unlimited? How much $ and how's the selection?

Because thy want to sell you shit, my comic shop dude wanted to try to sell me more books so he tried to figure out what I liked and actually tried recommending Avengers Arena/Undercover to me after I said I liked Runaways.

Bitch even if I didn't know what that was do you think that's a good idea?

>owner of my LCS is a super nice blind guy
I mean he's not blind blind but he's legally blind and has the cane so it's close enough

Cripes man, how much cat hair is on you that it becomes so noticeable?

I need a lintbrush badly

Not OP but that becomes an issue for me a lot because I wear a lot of whites and brighter colours and my cat is mostly black.

Just last Wednesday, owner was talking with some costumers about the Logan movie, he didn't like it and wished they had had Logan kill the X-Men like in Old Man Logan instead of "leaving it unexplained."
A bit later he was talking about how they should make a Red Son movie. And how "comic readers are smart, we pick up on the subtleties"

>not lighting up a cigarette and using it as a makeshift flash light
Come on, user. Some of us can't afford the luxuries of a tablet.

Hes full of shit for hating logan, especially for such a dumb reason. I do agree they should make a red son movie, though

Maybe he didn't know what it was.
Maybe he is and/or thinks you're a characterfag who wants to read anything and everything with a character you like regardless of the actual story.

Bump

Do they sell crab legs at your comic book shop, Sup Forums?

>crab legs
I dont get this joke

The guy who runs my comic shop makes little notes in the margins of the sales charts and leaves them out for everyone to read. I'd post them here but they'd come out sideways, so here's an Imgur album of the most recent one.
imgur.com/a/Hd6eT

>Go to new place
>Guy at desk looks excited for a new face
>Put 4 issues of cape shit on the desk
>Guy looks like he came back from a funeral

I was only in because my usual place was closed for some reason. Not my fault wherever his indie expectations went.
Seriously, you're running a business arm of the entertainment industry, wise up to your clientele.

What are you, a gay fish?

opposite for me. clothes are dark and cat hair is light.

>You can't even read them in the dark
Fairly sure that's usually the case for most text.
I know you're talking about tablets, but the sub-joke is you're no longer in the dark once you have any light source.

The worst part is people like this think shit like saga is high art

Bring your cat in! "Tha's right muthafuck! Pussy erry night!" Run and never return.

>house burns down
>LCS owner pays for all of my comics for three months
Sounds like OP lives in a shit town

Logan ruined X-23 and it stopped being a serious gritty film by the end when all the stupid powered kiddies helped fight the bad guys and decided to all gang up on Donald to kill him instead of helping Logan fight X-24

That's terrible, user. I'd be your girlfriend.

>no but I've been fucking your girlfriend

>Capefags Thinking they deserve any respect
Kek

I’ve always wondered, do indiefags read their “graphic novels” with their fedoras on, or off?

You switch to the smoking cap and pipe.

How does a legally blind person read /enjoy his comics?

>indie fags thinking most of their shit isnt utter shit
At least cape comics can be good you elitist cuck

Legally Blind means a lot of things, user

>go to LCS with sister
>joke about capeshit in general
>sister likes to bring up how Marvel is SJW tier garbage
>laughs are had
>buy the first ten issues of the Goon and all four of Big Man Plans
why don't you guys ever have positive experiences? I mean having to deal with weebs is pretty shitty I guess.

Have you fucked your sister yet, user?

>liking Red Son

>LCS is located in my local cinema
> go to watch Suicide Squad
>as the owner how it was
>says it was alright
>then says there is an Easter egg that none of his employees caught that he’s expecting me to get
>after the movie ask him if it was the Ostrander Hotel
>it was
>tell him that hotel was also feature in the Suicide Squad episodes of Arrow
>spend 10 minutes talking about how great that comic was

>At comic store near my aunt's house in Pennsylvania.
>Stop in there when I visit to buy some trades, support the local scene in bumfuck PA.
>Grab the Fix Volume 2 and some other things
>Two employees shooting the shit up front. One guy sees The Fix and asks me what other Image books I read.
>"Oh, Southern Bastards, Black Monday Murders, East of West." I say
>"East of West, huh? Check this out."
>Makes me follow him into the floppy/back issues area where he shows me a 9.0 graded copy of East of West #1.
>"Only 65 bucks man, you want it?"
>I'm confused, because I've never had someone try the hard sell on me like this at the shops back home so I stammer out a "uh, no, not really. I don't buy single issues."
>Dude looks kinda pissed and stands in the corner behind the counter as the other employee rings up my shit and I leave.

Really fucking bizarre. I'm not a regular, and I was only looking at and buying trade paperbacks. Who the fuck is gonna buy a 65-dollar issue on impulse?

Hey Bubbles.

Depends, do you physically look like a sucker for collectibles?

I don't think so. I guess I looked like a BIG SPENDER CHUMP because I bought a few MSRP trades, but I'm not a fucking rube.

Probably trying to see if you were *the one* to save their comic store from inevitable debt by giving into overpriced printed paper.