Can you tell me about the legal state of this show, who owns it? how much does Greg have control...

can you tell me about the legal state of this show, who owns it? how much does Greg have control? why haven't we had a comeback yet?

All Disney. They could reboot it into a gag-based comedy and never say a word to Greg, and theres nothing he could do about it.

I thought greg had some say

Disney pretty much gives Greg a big "Fuck you!" whenever Gargoyles is brought up.

Why the fuck does every show need to come back?

source

if anything deserves a reboot its this

Seriously fuck off with this already! How many times can you wish on the monkeys paw before you learn! Gargoyles has always been and still is my all time favorite cartoon, let it rest, it won't be the same if you bring it back.

No, they won't sell the rights. They'd rather let it die. A complete opposite of Dreamworks, who sold the Rain of the Ghosts rights back (rather cheaply) to him after they didn't do anything with the proposed animated series.

they sold power rangers- digimon

fuck you

also whats rain of the ghosts?

A Gargoyles comeback is the ultimate monkey paw, and I hope it never happens in animated media. It has a long history of attracting deviants and mentally defective people, and the hidden core aspects of the show as described by its creator would make an SJW coil back in disgust. If it were opened up again, it would strip away the moderate and balanced approach that it had to undertake in the 90s in order to be aired and go full tilt off the fucking rails outrageously, offensively "progressive". The fallout would create a breed of fans that would make bronies look like well adjusted and reasonable people.

No, it's not my fault you're a dumb cunt.
At least someone here is making sense.

Are you not aware of the Goliath Chronicles? They literally shoved him out the door after the first episode. And it turned out later according to him they just wanted to fire his ass because he was considered a Katzenberg loyalist.

>they sold power rangers- digimon

Because Saban is a billionaire and I suspect there is some stipulation in the rights they have do something with it or it reverts back to Toei or something.

Weisman is not loaded like Saban.

>whats rain of the ghosts?

Novels he was/were writing.

Only bad shows deserve the spit in the face that being remade/rebooted is.
Comebackfags are cancer.

>they sold power rangers- digimon

Because they never wanted them. They came part of a package when Disney bought Fox Family.

A premise that he originally pitched to Dreamworks to make for an animated series. He got the rights back years later and wrote a couple of books out of a planned series.

They didn't sell much, and considering he's on YJ and World of Warcraft books, he won't work on RotG in the future. But he did do a successful Kickstarter for an audiobook from the first book, featuring a voice cast from his previous cartoons, including Josh Keaton, Brent Spiner, Jim Cummings, Ed Asner, Marina Sirtis, Steve Blum, and others.

>why haven't we had a comeback yet?
Go fuck yourself. Stop posting this thread.

Nostalgia.

But they aren't wrong. A remake or adaptation as a film would do well.

Dude, fuck off already. Yes, it's annoying that Gargoyles threads never last 10+ posts, but you do not need to spam these threads every single fucking day. Find something else to discuss.

Go! Gargoyles. Animated with an asset library with toon boom.

don't necrobump

>the political intrigue of corporations

the mouse is trash