What's her fucking problem?

What's her fucking problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nwpUQe9GRIw
twitter.com/hotGlossed/status/955332727993233408
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just another generic "rebel girl". Nothing special.

You ate her fries.

Hijacked to push a culturally destabilizing agenda-driven narrative by mentally defective people.

She's 1000 years old and lost track of her moral code.

Tumblr and the writers forced her to fuck another girl instead of writing an interesting ship.

The fact that the writers abandoned her relationship with her dad in favor of Simon and PB
I mean, either of these are true depending on what season you're watching.

nothing, really. She's mellowed out a lot, but that's not a bad thing. People also whine about ships a lot, but I don't care about that either way.

>She's mellowed out a lot
That's the problem

"Dad, I'm like 1000 years old"

>Marceline, of course I love you
Why did they decide to replace Hunson with Simon as Marceline's "dad"
Then just remove him from the show for like 4 seasons just to bring him back, reset the fact that her and her dad had been getting close, and pretend that Marceline cared about him being evil.

daddy issues combined with near immortality

A fun character ruined by pandering

a bitch trying way too hard to be "hard to get".

also this

I like when she was a villain at first and I sorta wish they'd used that a bit longer

>The best thing they could think of was a magical girl scene
>people actually like this miniseries
No wonder the ratings started going down after season 6. No one with any semblance of good taste would enjoy this garbage.

Stakes was great matey, fuck you.

I honestly don't grasp why people enjoy Stakes other than the obvious autist bubbline shippers. I think the only one remotely worth watching was May I come in because it had a decent amount of Finn and Jake

Vampire King was GOAT

That lasted like what, a single episode?

I mean, I can understand why people like Islands, although I personally don't, but no person in their right mind can possibly enjoy Stakes.
>A discount bin knockoff Lich
>Did absolutely nothing memorable
What could have possibly made you think this?

Her father molested her.

This scene

youtube.com/watch?v=nwpUQe9GRIw

Stakes is better than Islands though. Islands had some great individual episodes but the ending and final conflict was rushed as fuck.

I thought you had good taste, but you're shitting on the one good mini-series? yeah fuck stakes and elements, but islands was the best. The Susan side of it was ass, but we got some great adventures out of the rest

Vamp king isn't like the lich at all though. His main goal was to break the cycle and stop being a vampire. The lich is a ceaseless wheel of death and destruction.

>Stakes better than islands

Elements > Islands >>>>>>>> Stakes

Elements > Stakes > Islands

We agree on Elements at least.

She was never really a villain, but she's been the antagonist in at least 3 episodes, 4 if you count Marshall Lee, and 5 if you count heat signature, in which she did antagonize Finn and Jake a bit.

But he just says a bunch of stupid bullshit and it isn't even funny, it's just a come at me bro scene without a real punchline.
>ending and final conflict was rushed as fuck
I didn't say I liked it, and I agree, but this is true of Stakes to a much larger degree, except Stakes didn't resolve anything that anyone cared about.
Like I said, I can understand why people like Islands, I just didn't care much about Finn's family, and the "islands full of humans" rubbed me the wrong way so it was hard for me to be invested in it.
>Monologing immortal big bad

Whipple was better than any episode of Stakes

She saw some shit

She's a disgusting loser who walks barefoot in her kitchen.

Its a cool speech piss off

>calling people mentally defective
>while posting on Sup Forums
nigga

>"don't care about Finn's family
>blowing off the most interesting characterization for anyone in the series
How does a man live with such poor taste? I bet you watch the big bang theory.

>but this is true of Stakes to a much larger degree
Not really. The final conflict of Stakes was Marceline coming to terms with her vampirism and embracing her fate, which had been explored throughout the miniseries.

>>Monologing immortal big bad
It's easy to make any two characters sound the same if you simplify them enough.

uh, no.

There were only like 2 episodes before season 5 where he even questioned this. It was never that important. And in a world with vampires, ghost, demon, and giants, a kid's parents being missing is one of the most mundane problems the show could explore and it offered very little comedic value. Martin had a few funny gags but other than that it was played completely straight, which is boring (to me).

>The final conflict of Stakes was Marceline coming to terms with her vampirism
Which isn't really even solved because the only problem was that the vampires came back from the goo, the experiment can easily be redone and the evil stuff eliminated and they give no reason as to why it can't. The ending is Marceline resigning herself to being a vampire for no real reason, which is really just a return to status quo because it was never a problem before the miniseries started.

>having a hobby and participating in a community of fellow hobbyists is an identical venture to glorifying a clinically recognized mental disease and structuring your entire life identity around it

I really can't stand how stiff everyone looks.

It's also hilariously immature, devolving into a name-calling tantrum.

It fucking sucked. "Fall" was a good speech, this isn't.

Vampirism is clinically recognizable?

It's a really big problem and it's not limited to just this special, a lot of characters just act stiff, there's no real expression to them other then a normal frown or a normal smile, maybe an :o mouth. Kind of the same with the dialogue too. The characters and drawn and written like they don't care.

another example

All they care about are their lesbians now. Poor Finn.

Jesus, when did this happen (the stiffening)?

Kek

>this is the finale bubbline fags want, with finn and Jake taking a backseat
>the cuck writers will probably give it to them
>so many people only watch this show for bubbline
How much of a mistake was it for Penn to give up his show to tumblr writers and LGBTQ fags?

>Which isn't really even solved because the only problem was that the vampires came back from the goo, the experiment can easily be redone and the evil stuff eliminated and they giI ve no reason as to why it can't.
This is a fair critique. I've always justified it as the goo being immortal, and impossible to destroy, therefore the vampires will inevitably come back, or there is at least the risk that they will.

You alright there, sonny?

They're both good, and their tones are completely different.

This is someone's fetish
Well, one is supposed to be funny (it isn't but it's supposed to be), the other is supposed to be ominous or terrifying, and is. So you're not wrong, but it's not a great comparison
The Vampire King's speech isn't good though...

It comes down to if you find Vamp King's extremely over-dramatic ramblings amusing or not (which I did.)

I don't like Stakes that much (it was okay) but you're on the money that May I Come In was easily the best episode.
>Actually cool, funny, and decently intimidating villain
>It actually feels like the group is working together to take down the bad guy instead of Finn and Jake being useless comic relief and Marceline and Bubblegum doing everything else
>the other characters (LSP, Pep Butt, King of Ooo) get to be pretty involved as well
>it looked nice in terms of facial expressions and such (I attribute that to Luke Pearson and Emily Partridge being pretty good boarders)

Easily the best episode as long as you're judging things by their quality and aren't just a Bubbline fanatic or pleb who sucks the show off anytime it brings up philosophy.

It was great. One of the few episodes where the characters play off of each other well in a long time, and the writers didn't downgrade anyone to bring someone else into the spotlight, which happens way too often.

They didn't, Hunson has always been her dad but then they decided to give her an adoptive dad who was a better father figure to her.
And they didn't get close, the two early eps Hunson had both showed that he legitimately loved her but he was also an asshole (since he's Satan and all) and was bad at demonstrating that. He cares but the end result is him still being a dick to Marceline.
And it's not like Marceline cares about him being evil, he was just being an insufferable annoyance to her in Marcy and Hunson.

It is really weird why he disappeared forever and then came back toward the end like that. It's like the writers felt like they had to tie up this loose plot thread but Marceline and Hunson ended off on a satisfactory note and didn't really need to be brought up again, especially since Marcy and Hunson ended on pretty much the same note his past two appearances did. "He cares but he's an asshole and can't help not being an asshole and Marceline accepts that."

The major change in their relationship in Marcy and Hunson was that Hunson was (trying to be) supportive of Marceline's music endeavours, compared to last time when he tricked her into taking over the nightosphere.

Hmm, that's a decent point. I guess he's made some progress towards accepting her for who she is vs trying to make her into what he wants her to be, but I think it would have been better that they make some bigger change to end this plot thread. Maybe it's supposed to be a thing where Hunson made a little change here and it's assumed that after the show is over he'll keep trying and will be getting better little by little or something.

>They didn't
But that's exactly what they did
>they decided to give her an adoptive dad who was a better father figure to her
But before that point nothing even implies Hunson was a bad dad, much less that he'd leave his daughter in a zombie covered realm alone. Things like that would have made the episodes play out very differently, which is why the "we're letting this play out rather than planning ahead and knowing what the backstory is before we write episodes about it" philosophy of the show, makes things feel really inconsistent.
Like, I get it, Marceline and Ice King never interacted before and they wanted them to have an episode together, they'd started developing this idea of the world being on top of an old one. But the way they handled it feels incongruous with what came before, while there are things that aren't stated outright that you can kind of fill in the gaps, the stuff you fill in those gaps with needs to make sense. And in the interactions between Marceline and her dad, the idea that he wasn't there for her when she needed him most would be pretty high on the list, but because they hadn't come up with that yet there was no suggestion of it, It makes the episodes feel out of place and they never really do anything to mediate this in that 4 seasons Hunson is gone, nor in the episode he returns. In Return to the Nightosphere she says something like "I want to be here, but I don't want to rule the nightosphere," and it's implied she was spending time with her dad more since It Came From the Nightosphere, so having as many appearances, and moments, where someone who is portrayed as being really important to her is just gone, and then having an episode where they don't even suggest they've been together off screen, seems discordant.

It's been at least 2 years since Return to the Nightosphere, it seemed odd to treat it as if they hadn't spoke.

Why are her songs (and everyone else's) so shit now

>But that's exactly what they did
No? Simon was more important because he was actually around and having plot shit happen to him instead of being locked in the Nightosphere, but Hunson has always been her dad and treated as such, Simon was just a second dad.
>There was nothing that implies Hunson was a bad dad
You fucking serious dude? Making Marceline the lord of the Nightosphere against her will isn't a bad thing at all? Come on dude. Even without that it isn't hard to imagine that Hunson was a bad guy since, let me remind you, he's the ruler of Hell. I could easily believe someone like him wouldn't care about Marcy on the surface world, or that he felt she would be fine due to her demon heritage or something. Even with that aside Hunson can't come to Earth himself, he needs to be summoned and with her mom dead it's easy to assume no one knew how to summon him so he couldn't get to Marceline until Simon summoned him.

As for her line about being in the Nightosphere, I saw that more as her saying she's happy to be spending time with her dad for the first time in a while but not that she wants to be in the Night permanently and certainly not that she was okay with ruling it. I guess you could get the idea that she was visiting Hunson more, but I never got that impression.
With him leaving her behind, you are right that it could have been handled better, and had they had that in mind earlier on I doubt that Marceline would consider her father's biggest crime eating her fries. But I could see it as her just being super petty and this one thing being the breaking point or something, especially since she was very young when everything else was happening and might not have understood much about her dad. Him eating her fries showed without a shadow of a doubt that he didn't care much about her.

I don't know where you're getting the idea that Hunson wasn't always sort of a bad father dude.

They've started having her just do covers of actual songs instead of coming up with original material for her
I can't even remember any other non-Marceline songs except that short one in Islands that I liked

They don't do too many songs now since sugar left. I liked slow dance though.

>wearing socks on tiles

>Making Marceline lord of the Nightosphere against her will isn't a bad thing at all?
It's a cartoon, things are played up. Parents want their things for their children and coming to accept that they have their own stuff is a part of both parties growing up and respecting each other as people.
>Even without that it isn't hard to imagine that Hunson was a bad guy since, let me remind you, he's the ruler of Hell
He's the ruler of the nightosphere, and yes, he's a bad guy, to other people
While he's had his problems he was shown from the very beginning to care about Marceline, he made mistakes but he never meant to upset her, and in his episodes we see him make real progress on that end.
>I could easily believe someone like him wouldn't care about Marcy on the surface world
But everything he's ever said contradicts this.
>he needs to be summoned and with her mom dead it's easy to assume no one knew how to summon him so he couldn't get to Marceline until Simon summoned him
Again, this is a part of my point, because at the point episodes like it came from or return to the nightosphere, they hadn't created the Simon plotline, and because of that, events like the fact that she didn't know him until later in her life, or that he did know them and he wasn't there for her and her mom, that would at least be vaguely referenced, were not, and it makes both episodes feel off. (Also I'm pretty sure Hunson can get out of the Nightosphere, Marceline summons a portal from inside to come out of there and get Finn and Jake, can't see a reason Hunson couldn't)
>I saw that more as her saying she's happy to be spending time with her dad
Yes,
>I guess you could get the idea that she was visiting Hunson more
Well Hunson states that he's made the offer for her to rule to Nightosphere before and given her time to think about it, so, yes

>don't know where you're getting the idea that Hunson wasn't always sort of a bad father dude
Because the show never made it seem that way.

That's stupid

>It's a cartoon, things are played up.
Well clearly the show itself disagrees with you, and I would argue that ever since Daddy's Little Monster itself the show was making it clear that Hunson is Bad Father Man even though he tries. He cares but every episode has had him do stuff like take Marceline's guitar without caring about how she felt about it or the mentioned forcing her to rule. I guess you can argue that these things don't necessarily mean he is a bad dad as he does care, but the rest of the show definitely built on that to say that yeah he is a bad dad.
The show cartoonishly played up Finn and Jake's dog parents too, but I wouldn't argue that this means Margaret's issues of being overprotective or Joshua's issues of wanting his kids to fight weren't actual problems. I feel like this is just you ignoring what happens in the show because you don't like it.

It's true that had these plot lines existed when these episodes aired they likely would have been referenced, but I can kind of buy it. Maybe Marceline didn't want to talk about that kind of stuff around Finn and Jake or something. I totally understand why you think it's BS but my suspension of disbelief is big enough that it doesn't really bother me.
Hm, and that's actually totally valid about Marceline summoning a portal herself. Now that I think about it that is total bullshit which I guess they had to put in because without that there's no way the plot of those episodes could work. Other than that though it's always seemed like Hunson needs to be summoned, even in his first episode. If he can just come to Ooo anytime he wants and scoop up everyone's soul why wouldn't he?

cont.

And I don't know, I felt like Hunson mentioning his offer was something that had been happening for a while. Like Marceline would intermittently visit him and he'd always go "So wanna take over?" and she'd always say no, that didn't make me think they had been visiting in the time between It Came from the Nightosphere and the later two episodes.

She's going to live forever and watch everyone she might have cared about die.

>Well clearly the show itself disagrees with you
Not really, considering for how bad it would be if it happened in real life, Hunson apologizes they have a moment about her wanting Hunson to be proud of her, and him saying he is, she closes the portal embarrassed, rather than angry, violated, and betrayed as a normal person would be. The relationship between king of the nightosphere and queen of vampires should problem not be judged by the same standards as normal people. Especially considering in their previous episode her friend ripped his throat out and banished him into the nightosphere.
>Marceline's guitar without caring about how she felt about it
Again, these are things Hunson did wrong, and he had problems, that's the point, but there is a very clear difference between having problems and being a bad dad.
>the rest of the show definitely built on that to say that yeah he is a bad dad
It never really did though, not even in the most reason episode. They never explain why he wasn't or couldn't be there, just that he causes some trouble (never out of hate or malice) when he does.
>I feel like this is just you ignoring what happens in the show because you don't like it
Or responding to certain things in the way the show does. Hunson apologizes for these things, Marceline appears to either understand or forgive him, and they come out with a better understanding of eachother, this is what happens in every episode with the two of them. None of them attempt to have Marceline actually hate her dad, as you'd expect she would if these problems were as serious as what they would be in real life (well, not the fries or the guitar thing, those are just as mundane as portrayed in the show).
I think if the offer was made before it came from the nightosphere it would have come up then.

You know what, I think you're winning me over here. But I still feel like the show laid enough groundwork to show that even if Hunson wasn't a bad dad he was flawed to the point that it was damaging to Marceline, even if they always had their sweet moments where they act like they forgive and accept each other.
If this is a cycle that repeats every time they see each other, it seems like these little kiss and make up sessions don't lead to any lasting chance in either of them and they always go back to their old ways by the next time they see each other.

>They never explain why he wasn't or couldn't be there
I'm telling you man, it's the portals. Someone gotta summon him.

>I think if the offer was made before it came from the nightosphere it would have come up then.
Eh I don't necessarily think so, this was a situation where Hunson was busy eating everyone and Marceline was huffy about her bass, they were focused on the situation at hand and I find it believable that they wouldn't bring up older stuff like her taking over.

>He doesn't tile skate

>he doesn't break his neck slipping on tiles
>he doesn't get his socks wet stepping on the kitchen floor

>skating in the kitchen

>I'm not gonna pretend Daddy didn't eat my fries

>he was flawed to the point that it was damaging to Marceline
I don't know if I'd say damaging, she was sad about it sure, but she's a perfectly stable and functioning individual.
>don't lead to any lasting chance in either of them and they always go back to their old ways by the next time they see each other.
They don't though
>!st time
Marceline doesn't even want to see her dad, and her doesn't think he's done anything wrong, he almost immediately leaves instead of trying to repair the situation. Later learns how she's feeling, and wants her to know he loves her and cares about her, and didn't realize how what he did made her feel.
>2nd Time
They're talking, hanging out, he's trying to be good to her friends, but her being his daughter, that he loves, he wants her to follow in his footsteps, she sings about wanting to be with her father but not wanting to do what he does and wanting her to do, and wanting him to be proud of that. He being as unreasonable as he is, forces her to. Afterwards he tells her what he's feeling, and she does too. Hunson realizes and says he is proud, and accepts her friends showing he's going to be more understanding of her choices
>3rd time
(This episode is a lot more mundane than the others but I think that actually works for showing their progress) Hunson wants to go see her (because they apparently haven't in a while for some unexplained reason), after hearing about her concert he wants to go there an support her, but he is of course Hunson Abadeer and doesn't behave like a normal person, and tries to defend her honor from hecklers

The problem with the 3rd episode being it happens 2 canon years, and 4 actual seasons later without any explanation but there are like 10-15 Marceline Simon/PB episodes.
It's not really a cycle, just a process that has taken much too long even for immortals.

>they were focused on the situation at hand and I find it believable that they wouldn't bring up older stuff
Yeah, I'll concede that one

Her design used to be so good, what happened?

I don't see much that's changed since then, her head just got rounder I guess.
The only massive change I can remember is them making her not a spoon after S1

Why is your kitchen floor assumed wet, user?

different person, but my kitchen floor is wet fairly often. there's a sink right there and usually some water lands on the floor from washing dishes and such. wearing socks on my floor is like a 1/3 chance or more that they're gonna get wet.

Spoon>>>>>>>>>Dyke cut
This

artist changes

her wardrobe also used to be more punk, now it reeks of tumblr influence

She was my favorite character in the show for the first few seasons. When you didn't know for sure if she was a villain or not.

Same thing thats wrong with every alt-life style rebel punk kid. Not enough attention from daddy.

could 17 year old Finn defeat Marceline?

There's not even any overt lesbian shit in the show though, at best it's reading between lines. That complaint is really fucking overblown here by people with I don't know some personal issues they're dragging in or something.

nah, my boy finn is pretty weak

Marcy has the best feet on AT.

Probably not. Thinking realistically Marceline should be so OP that only someone like the Lich or her dad could be strong enough to stand up to her. Or ghosts I guess.
Finn couldn't do anything to the other vampires and Marceline is pretty much those vampires all in one being with some random demon powers thrown in.

She's too perfect

daddy issues and rough childhood, also i think she is lonely but cant form meaningfull relationship because of what happened between her and simon

Marceline and FP have absolutely OP powerlevels but one easily exploitable weakness each

>tfw finn will never be OP because all that time wasted on the depression and romance

>injecting this much headcanon into a children's show

twitter.com/hotGlossed/status/955332727993233408
so is this canon?

I'm with the other guy, why is that dick placed there? Seems odd

probably two people or backwards stuff

It's Finn bending over PB on one side near her head (which is why his dick is pressed up against her cheek,) spreading her pussy with his hands.

Think about how a pro wrestler picks up their opponent for a pile driver move. That's just about what's happening there. Pic related.

You can even see Finn's leg and sock in the bottom right, as well as his shirt and backpack in the top left and right. The skin color of the guy spreading her also matches Finn.

yes I commission a lot of porn that's AT related