What's the DC equivalent of America?

What's the DC equivalent of America?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/search/image/QE0AWb3XgIkpE3wy3EK9PA/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_America_(Madeline_Joyce)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Burnside version of Barbara Gordon? I can't think of anyone in DC on the same level as America in terms of social justice shit, but Burnside Barbara on her worst day is close

80s wonder woman in an alternate universe where it was bad.

>Hispanic
>lesbian
>superhero
She's everything America tried to be but actually good

The misgendering subplot(Holy shit it was a whole subplot I just realized this) came preeettty close to being as terrible as a single issue. It was a little more spread out, but it was pretty damn bad.

DC Bombshells.
They turned a neat little concept with some potential into a feminist shitfest were all the main characters are oppressed lesbians fighting an exaggerated caricature of their "oppressors".

Renee being a superhero never really sat right with me. I like her better as a common cop that keeps getting mixed up in superhero/villain affairs.

in Bombshells defense, it's much easier to masturbate to than America.

>What's the DC equivalent of America?

It doesn't have one. DC has editors.

>carpet muncher from a society of women
Wonder Woman.

The Movement.

Every time any Wonder Woman writer decides to get preachy about feminism.

>perfect for fans of The Room
jesus fuck why is this so funny

because Sup Forums actually got it printed in the letters page.

The official SJW ranking at DC from highest to lowest:

1. All CW DC tv shows
2. Current Batgirl comics
3. Rebirth brand Wonder Woman (excluding Robinson’s run)
4. Green Arrow

That’s about it. You’ll occasionally see some pandering shit sprinkled in other C/D list books, but they are few and far between

How is Green Arrow the lowest? And whats pandering about the CW shows.

Oh yeah, this felt almost parodic.

Didn't it eventually reveal that the reason why the black girl hated cops is because one shot her dad while he was robbing a bank or something?

Who's three expy and are her comics any good?

Doesn't green arrow count he's always been a fucking bleeding heart

This x1000. Also like this user pointed out, DC has editors.

Is it the one marked C.O.? Holy shit that's funny

America (vol.1, 2017-2018) is a brave, political comic, tackling complex social issues.

But is it written by a queer brown woman? Does the character remind the reader that she's a queer brown woman at least every page?

Idk man. If I can give America's book any credit, America's grandma is prime waifu material.

Supergirl didn't make the list?

nobody reads supergirl man

So, question; who else thought the "Barbara as paralyzed hacktivist" angle was badly argued for and made no sense? Seriously, is there anyone out there who was paraplegiac and actually admired her for choosing to stay paraplegic, instead of shouting at her to suck up her limousine liberal pride and get her back fixed so she could go back to being a front-line asskicker?

So why was America removed from the Legacy banner? And why did they only remove it after already having an issue under the banner?

Its getting a non binary acceptance issue but then again, nobody read it to begin with
Watch Nonreader Outragefags outraging again

EVERY character is a lesbian...?

The best part is mods stickied the thread on it.

>creators ditched her to make an expy

Does this mean her original creators from the Vengeance mini, or Gillen and McKelvie who retooled her for the modern world?

Wasn't it written by the same hack bitch who wrote Joker's Daughter?
By the way, JD is my candidate even if it was just one issue.

So I recently went to the Cleveland Public Library, and found out that they have a Superman exhibit. They had some cool stuff info/collectibles on display, but one wall was different. It was about modern comics, and for some reason not just DC. It was titled "Comics Get Diverse" and on this wall was America #1. When I walked up to it, I just stood there laughing, while my friend looked at me like I was insane. I forget what else was up there, but I'm sure it was of similar quality.
I also learned that Bendis is from Cleveland and it really weirds me out

>Renee being a superhero never really sat right with me
Rucka was actually hesitant to turn her into a superhero but Johns convinced him to not make a character a superhero is basically doom it to irrelevancy, so he decided to turn her into the next question.

The writer isn't actually brown at all. She looks more like one of those Bronx Jews.

I don't know about the actual book, but a couple of America's covers have made their way into my fap rotation.

>choosing to stay paraplegic
The Fuck?

She never choose to stay that way if she did it would be FemThor levels of retarded Orcale works because she can't go back to being Batgirl physically but seriously Fuck the New 52

u know thats an edit, right?

Is it good?

I think they might be memeing, because it's been posted a lot:
desuarchive.org/co/search/image/QE0AWb3XgIkpE3wy3EK9PA/
Of course, this could be one person.

The reason for her not using her connections to get some superscience/alien medicine/magical cure for her paralysis (despite the fact that practically no other character who has ever been seriously injured has ever shown to have access to such cures, making it a moot point and something that really didn't need to be explained if people actually paid attention to comics) was that she wasn't willing to accept the treatment unless the people providing it were willing to release said treatment to the world, as otherwise it'd be massive ethical hole. To Simone's credit, when she did her Nu52 run she remembered that and had Babs be able to walk again due to taking part in an experimental treatment program using mundane medical technology.

I'd put money down that it's the guy who requested the edit in the first place.

never saw the light of day

I don't remember it actually coming out. I guess they saw how bad America Chavez's solo tanked and got scared off.

I believe that is the premise of the book.

Simone is a pretty good writer sometimes.

Damn, looks stylin'. I always wanted a jacket like that.

You do remember that Batman himself got one of those special super-medicine treatments after HE was paralysed when Bane broke his back in the original Knightfall arc, right?

Heck, Tony Stark underwent a similar treatment in Marvel after he was shot & paralyzed by a crazy ex-girlfriend.

Also... wasn't Simone the one writing Barbara during her Oracle run, making her the author who refused to let her get healed at first?

It's been awhile since I read the post-Knightfall stuff, but I'm pretty sure it was a combination of cutting edge medical technology and Eastern mysticism shit. And Oracle first appeared in 1989 while Simone didn't start writing her until 2003.

If anything, bitching about Babs not getting her back fixed is nothing when you consider that Tony has had do-anything nanomachines since 2005 and we've seen on-panel that Extremis can instantly reshape the human body.

As always, behind every shitty decision of the last 20 years there's Johns.

What the hell has Casey been up to?

>he's always been a fucking bleeding heart
No he wasn't, it only started in the 70s because they didn't like him being Green Batman.

>who else thought the "Barbara as paralyzed hacktivist" angle was badly argued for and made no sense?

I think everyone with taste.
Like ok, you wanna make her a pc genius out of the ass? Alright, but why the fuck pull the whole "l33t haxorz" shit, just make her the Batman equivalent of Microchip for fuck's sake.
And let's not forget the "Big Sister" tripe.

The actual 52 arc with Renee and Vic was great. Rucka dropped the ball hard with the followup in Detective Comics.

And after that Renee did almost fuck all up to the reboot. A complete waste of potential.

It's really not surprising, the 'Tec backups went completely off the rails and Five Books of Blood was basically "plot only happens when the MC is around." Both of them added a bunch of magical stuff that clashed pretty hard with the tone and background that they built off of in 52. After that it was nothing until her "Oh yeah, she's in the story too" minor role in Final Crisis that tried to revamp her again.

So who were obsessed?

He's got like three books that no one is reading (me included) published by Lion Forge

Okay, so always for the last forty years, and for as long as the character has had a distinct personality.

He’s based on Robin “eat the rich liberal fantasy ” Hood you dunce.

>“eat the rich liberal fantasy ”
>this soyboy thinks taking from the rich is exclusively a liberal fantasy

lmao
How about you "eat the soy liberal fantasy" and shut the fuck up you pencil-necked retard.

>Eating human soy

>LARPing as a nazi
>LARPing as a communist
You can't join the Brown Shirts or the Vanguard, user.

They were basically going to toss Babs off to the garbage heap but Ostrander saved her and gave her computer genius gimmick.

He wasnt anti rich he was anti tax

I'm curious if half the staff decided to watch The Room after they read this letter

Tony eventually DID release a public product version of Extremis.

Of course, it was an evil version of Tony who released an addictive, reversible version to make people pay a subscription fee and Secret Wars caused the whole thing to be forgotten.

I can't tell if this meme is hilarious or annoying. Probably both.

They probably thought that they meant Brie Larson's "Room."

Moonwalker.jpg

That wasn't bad. The bs backlash it got from sjw's was bad.

People who wear military uniforms while not being part of the military should get shot in the knee.

Contracts. Gabby probably already wrote those issues months ago.

This tbqh famalam. There really is no other that come close to either America or Burnside Batgirl.

>We're gonna constantly talk about how we're so diverse as a publisher but we're gonna let the white guy do the majority of the comics.

Canada

>26 hits
>only the oldest has as a different filename
Gee, ya think?

But hat doesn't explain why it was put under the banner for one issue only.

It was funny for a while, then stopped being funny, and now it's at the point where user's persistence is what makes it hilarious.

It’s not just Gabby. They design the cover art and the art inside months before relase. Then for new chapters they have to make a new contract either with the same creative team or a new team.
They probably created all Legacy stuff way before hand and after seeing how bad the sales are decided to just stop the project all together but still release the stuff that was created from before.

i can't really see a connection between this two.

Absolutely this. Also unlike America, Bombshells has a fan base of poisonous beings

Both are ethnic legacies. That's about that.

who came before this america?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_America_(Madeline_Joyce)

A really shitty character? Easy. Duela Dent

>Barda is a lesbian and therefore not with Scott
OVER THE LINE

That barely counts. America is basically an OC

Whatever backlash Batgirl is getting with its endless and unwanted virtue signaling is deserved.

You made me spit coffee all over my keyboard, you bastard.

>same file name on every single post
So it's one dedicated autist either trying to build a narrative off an edit or just shitposting

>A really shitty character? Easy. Duela Dent
RHTOL made her intresting

New 52 version of Joker's Daughter or Lobo. Cancer in print.

Jon Kent. A tryhard character forced upon us to pander to a specific demography.

The difference between Babs and Jane is that Babs never wanted a pity party, and she wasn't self sabotaging. Jane never wanted to fight cancer, because being Thor undid her chemotherapy. Moreover, Babs becoming Oracle actually made her a stronger character in the long run. The only reason why DC is so adamant on keeping her has Batgirl is because thats the only Batgirl casuals know, an its a female character that sells thanks to the bat brand. Barbra choice to ignore a magic back cure was her decision, until DC started backpedaling.

Curtis "Btw I'm gay" Holt. Besides that, not much. It's the shipping side on Arrow that sucks, but the rest are basically just teenage dramas.

Or just making a joke