JSA Storytime: Question

Good evening owls,

TIME FOR META

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PToMdCYeE8U
twitter.com/JonMalin/status/955246168736444421
twitter.com/JonMalin/status/954915715454242816
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm taking the news of a Deathstroke v Batman mini as the Deathstroke solo is indeed cancelled.

The covers for the February for April issue of PREVIEWS magazine are leaked:
>Deathstroke vs. Batman by Priest/Pagulayan
>Jeepers Creepers by Andreyko/Baal (from Dynamite)

I know, I know, we all heard...Crossed is back.

Hello, Storyteller.

Please let Vic get a 'raarl'.

Hey OP.

How would YOU go about raising Denny's profile until it's appropriately as high as Alan Moore's in terms of casual readership respect?

With Jeepers Creepers they should cut their losses and just adapt the script for JC4.

I doubt it'll ever get made given how bad JC3 was received

Doomsday Clock a shit.

Honestly tho I’d expect Metal to give Vic a shout before DC

stupid sexy Question hardbacks

I think it'd be fruitless to do just one and not all of the Charlstons anyway

You're never going to do that m8

I'm not the only one who reads Vic as Jeffery Combs, right?

There are rumours that Butch Cassidy survived the Bolivia shootout and returned to the US under an alias- thoughts? Is this guy a play on that?

I think O'Neil just likes the film and the pathology of these two choosing to model themselves on it. Much like the Batman villains, the villains here all have a theme/fixation to them.

Probably not, but DCAU Conspiracy Theorist Question was such a different character I don't know if it fits.

The Question has many very solid yet completely different iterations. It's interesting.
Maybe the facelessness offers a blank canvas that allows writers to shine.

>Byrne is coming for u

reading the Ditko Questions and the best part so far is Vic doing a hardcore "I don't have to save you" after dudes fall in a sewer during a fight with him

Actually, wouldn't this be the launch of Action Comics Weekly, with it's backup stories that more or less let cancelled books get conclusions and such?

Or am I fucking up the timeline here?

I'm too old for Byrne, user.

Honestly, I forget, that might be right

LOL, well-played

>From May 24, 1988 - March 14, 1989,[69] the publication frequency was changed to weekly, the title changed to Action Comics Weekly, and the series became an anthology.

Yep. It's the launch of that.

HERE WE GOOOO

Yes!

So Priestroke retrospective?

bring back Mark Shaw goddammit

Honestly, I don't think I'd mind Priest on a batbook at all. Kinda hope that comes off the mini if Deathstroke is cancelled.

It wouldn't be my preferred thing but he'd do good I'm sure.

>The Question reading Watchmen and commenting in Rorshach
Somewhere, Grant Morrison just came in his pants, and he doesn't know why.

I think the overall quality of the run will depend on the ending. There is a hell of a lot of stuff to close on.
Unless of course the mini is the last arc with Batman weakly shoved in so sales won't plummet buuuuut

the odds Morrison hasn't sigil'd to this repeatedly are nil

Jesus, I know he's talking about Rorschach's mask but even the ad is meta.

He's already writing Justice League with a boring lineup, I'd rather he handle some other lower key character

Fuck, this is great

>Free mask

MANHUNTER BOOK AND MASK BOX SET WHEN?!

oh did the thread talk about this (probable) green arrow cover?

bc that Kate work

>Vic Sage helps screw Alan Moore by buying the Watchmen trade

Heh.

I KNOW RIGHT

oh my god

Damn that suit slick

This thread got me back into yoga, my everything hurts.

>Who's got more thumbs than he's currently using but chooses not to use them because of his acknowledged white male privilege, like a good ally? THIS GUY

Poor Kate. Even Dr. Psycho probably wasn't as much of a pain in the ass client.

You are right, OP is outing herself as a roastie casual once again

>>He didn't read what the spurce says
>Green Arrow #38 page 4, Color version (NOT FINAL) watercolors and digital

good for you user!

I did a solid two years of Bikram once upon a time, which was really good for me

Roastie Casual sounds like a fun barbecue event in Australia or something.

I don't know why someone said that she died in "Gotham By Midnight," because I think we last saw her brandishing a shotgun in it.

When did Gotham by Midnight come out? All continuity is in flux again thanks to Rebirth.

what on earth are Vic's pants

is that Eddie in the background right?

I haven't been reading GA

I'd been doing the other kind of yoga for years but going back to Hatha proved a point.

Joey Buttafouco pants

Gotta love the whole "this ain't your daddy's comic books" considering the tone of this run.

>raaarl

youtube.com/watch?v=PToMdCYeE8U

You have to be at least 18 to post here, user.

Man that racist messed up Vic good.

Also no way Rorschach would be this shaken up.

it's self-aware about all of this but not obnoxiously tee-hee meta

>didn't actually say it
Aw...

Denny's Vic is an introspective, self questioning character, and has been since he got shot in the first issue. Getting thrown for a loop by a man without a consistent moral stance works.

Rorschach on the other hand abandoned self doubt when he took up dog murder.

HURM

Comics piracy has made Type 1's of us all. Except for our resident Type 3.

I'm reading this in Herbie's voice.

I'd gladly get shit sent to my house for 26 dollars a year. Now that costs a lot more than that with a 10 series minimum and 7 dollar shipping.

>Seattle
>Dumping a body in the mountains

Why not toss his ass in the ocean and have him identified by his feet when they detach and wash up on a beach in 5 months?

what's out this week, my good owls

barring shit, we are on for at least an issue a night every day! but I have to get up early every day!

:(

>that Deathatroke cancellation alarmism
Deathstroke's sales are not yet below 15,000.

Doomsday Clock
Fourth World ft Wonder Woman
Doom Patrol
Wild Storm

>hurm

I see Vic's problem. He hasn't mastered Words Without Vowels yet.

Doomsday Clock
Wild Storm

and a new Lobo trade

That Nightwing elseworld is ending

There was like two days anger from Dickfags and then everybody forgot it even existed

Not a good sign for future elseworlds

awww yuss Wild Storm

oh, in comics twitter shenanigans, Jon Malin of COCK GOES WHERE? Thunderbolts fame is trying to hitch his wagon to D&C

I can see I'm boing to have to set my filters to deal with the incoming Black Panther shit storm

I liked the new Image #1, Ice Cream Man. An interesting horror like comic. Justice League was alright, though had an excellent page with Jess and Batman

oh god

this thread will hopefully stay a ~safe space~ from that

Speaking of elseworlds I am legit mad that Creature of the Night is 10x better than White Knight, and yet DCAU nostalgia is making it so White Knight is the only one people read and talk about...

I just wish they didn't go with such a boring premise and worse a boring writer.

>twitter.com/JonMalin/status/955246168736444421

He's gone a bit off the deep end like. I could find a shitpost equivalent to that here any day.

Hoping this means Marvel drops him for good

I think there's a lot of life in the "digital-first, limited run Elseworlds" concept, it's not a bad format for it

w e w

Wew I hope marvel drops him so he'll cry about it and pretend his art isn't shit.

>oh, in comics twitter shenanigans, Jon Malin of COCK GOES WHERE? Thunderbolts fame is trying to hitch his wagon to D&C

So not only is he a shit artist, he's also a bellend? Man, now I'm even happier I hate his art!

jesus christ. w o w

that actually does sound a lot like that bizarre Sup Forumsy X thread about "why hate mutants"

I dunno how big one based on Nightwing was ever gonna be.

You're totally right there. It'd be a good way to really seed out and look for potential interests.

I wonder how pissed he is he didn't get Youngblood.

it's wonderful when "shitty opinions" and "shitty art" line up so perfectly that you don't have to feel any hint of conflict about just pointing and laughing

>twitter.com/JonMalin/status/954915715454242816
>why modern art and Andy Kaufman suck
I got a kick out of this

The last CotN thread that I saw devolved into Busiek bashing.
I think people might just be waiting for the hardcover to buy it. I know I'm waiting for it to finish before really reading it.

>tfw you have an idea for an elseworld, but you know full well it would sound cringey as fuck if you tried to describe it

They could've at least chosen a better writer instead of trying to win back the graces of a mediocre one.

He, Orlando, and Venditti need to fuck off to Marvel under Akira.