Was he retarded? Hans already had the country on lock...

Was he retarded? Hans already had the country on lock, his heel turn didn't gain him anything except give them a reason to jail him. And he didn't even confirm the death and left her in a palace full of people.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rc6NgT_6jGE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He wasn't retarded. Just getting too cocky when things were going according to keikaku.

He had literally no reason to save Elsa from the archers.

Just a shit villain desu

Not confirming her death was retarded, but I guess he just didn't want to share any power with Anna.
I think he meant to kill her with the chandelier while getting to look more heroic

It would probably be a retread of the ending of My Fair Lady, and that story mad me mad so I'm glad at the heel turn.

Because the higher ups decided he should be the villain towards the end of production.

He was brain controlled!
youtube.com/watch?v=rc6NgT_6jGE

>Jen Lee can't write to save her life
FTFY

>turning /ourguy/ Hannes into a villain at the last second
Disney truly is evil

I hate that this movie has a villain. Hans just isn't necessary, and his inclusion as the antagonist weakens the already substantial conflict between the two sisters.

That's because Elsa was originally the villain and Hans was not. They changed it late in production and had to scramble on finding a bad guy.

ok but WHY do these movies always have to have a bad guy?
just saying protagonist v. antagonist conflicts aren't the only form of conflict that makes for a compelling story 'sall

he had the debilitating case of "writers couldn't come up with a climax-itis"

they were too busy producing the perfect song to hypnotize the kids that they neglected to plan a conflict so they just turned the nearest STAYT HWYTE M*LE into the villain

Oh I know, and while Onion Elsa is delicious, it still would've been utterly pointless to have her be a villain. Again, the primary conflict of Elsa and Anna working through their issues is strong enough to carry the film, with any machinations by an outside antagonistic element can only interfere with that.

Honestly, with how marginalized the bad guys in recent films are, it seems Disney even realizes that villains aren't 100% necessary to tell a good story. Shame they didn't realize that sooner.

Hans' heal turn was to make his control over the country permanent. Otherwise, Anna would have taken the throne.

No he didn't, he had no claim to the throne, so he needed to be the hero of the people and of the land in order for them to be so grateful the nobles would make him king.

He was needed to push the plot along, and to set up Anna's sacrifice. Not defending the decision but when your on a time table some times you just have to say fuck it, something is better then nothing.

Perhaps mildly retarded. He was just a low life criminal opportunist who didn't really have a plan. Scum like him rarely succeed. IMO he got lucky that Queen Elsa showed mercy (diplomatic immunity?). The Duke sent a couple of his men after her and he got expelled & caused the entire loss of his nations trade likely causing serious economic distress. I wonder what awaited him when he got home?

The crossbow shot was a guaranteed kill. Interfering with the shot & causing the chandelier to fall on her would add blame onto him & is obviously not a guarantee kill.

I thought it was just because he didn't know if the winter would ever end if Elsa was dead, if she didn't lift it before the killed her he might think it would stay as an "eternal curse" or even get worse leaving him with no kingdom to rule over. No one knew how it worked. The chandelier might knock out or injure instead. Once he learns she doesn't know how to lift it then he figures killing her is the only shot.

>No he didn't, he had no claim to the throne, so he needed to be the hero of the people and of the land in order for them to be so grateful the nobles would make him king.
This. It makes for great fiction of fan-made origins material.

The plan probably would've worked too, had he waited a few minutes to make sure that Anna died before his very eyes.

But it could be rationalized that Elsa couldn't or wouldn't stop the winter before arriving at the ice palace. If Elsa intentionally caused the winter, then she cannot be reasoned with. If she did not, then she must not know how to stop it. There was nothing leading anyone to elieve that Elsa could or would change the circumstances.

He should have just kissed her and said "I don't know why it's not working! Maybe I haven't loved you long enough"

I thought it would be better if Hans kissed Anna, saw that it didn't work, & flipped shit on her for not loving him enough.

Don’t quote me here but didn’t they made the rewrite when they first heard the song let it go to make it that it would fit better into the story or something?

How should the story have gone next? He had nasty intentions and he was good at hiding them. If he had continued hiding what he was really like, how should it eventually be revealed that everything he ever did was extremely calculated and manipulative?
It was dumb of him to reveal his plan, but I'm not sure if there's any other way to reveal his inner thought processes except with him confessing his true intentions. I assume he got overconfident because he thought he'd already won, he was sick of pretending to be in love with Anna, and he wanted to gloat when he got the chance.

That's a great one. It doesn't contradict his earlier romanticism either, it would just be a more self-centered sentiment with hindsight.
Suddenly, he considers himself the victim, totally ignoring Anna's way truer suffering. A recognizably human but still completely reprehensible motivation. What a great villain.

Give him his own animal sidekick her explains his plans to.

too real for muh disney movie for toddlers

Did you see new Anna pic by Sabudenego?

>things were going according to keikaku.
But what does keikaku mean?

His biggest misstep was that he didn't sing a villainous reprise of Love is An Open Door when leaving Anna to die. People probably would have been far more forgiving of him as a villain if he did.

Translators note: Keikaku means plan

What a great idea. Now I want to hear it.
>it better end with him literally closing the door to her room, shutting her in.

Hans said he was planning to kill off Elsa, anyway.

He didn't want to wait to be a King, he wanted to be a King NOW.

>Mister Off Model

No thanks.

Frozen is the most overrated animated hit of all time. There is literally NOTHING good except for one song. And yet it's the most successful. I just don't get it.
p.s. If they'll not redeem Hans in second part, Frozen series will be legitemily worst disney series.

I concur. Frozen's success is entirely because of Elsa, "Let it Go", & the asspull twist with Hans.

>"Love is a closed doooooooor"

>Except for one song
>one song
>Let it Go
>Good

He rebranded himself as a protectionistic populist.