This was pretty good compared to the last two

This was pretty good compared to the last two

what did you think?

mediocre but ok however extremely overrated, around the same lvl as Wonder Woman and Homecoming

Gotg2 is the only 2017 superhero movie that was not overrated

1 and 3 are legit good

2 pissed me off with the midgard wankering but that intro scene tho

>GOTG 2 is the only 2017 superhero movie that was not overrated
In what fucking world is this true
GOTG 2 was mediocre as all fuck, even more so than Spider-Man

I never got the quips meme regarding mcu movies. I finally did after watching this trash

It was an alright laugh.

Logan>Guardians>Lego Batman>Thor>Wonder Woman>Spider-Man>Justice League
All were good except JL

WW was straight trash and HC was slightly better. Ragnarok was miles ahead of both

>Gotg2 is the only 2017 superhero movie that was not overrated

Muh family issues

Leagues better than Thor 2, but I still like the first Thor the most out of the three

I was honestly kinda indifferent.

Some stuff was cool like Goldblum chewing scenery, some stuff like Valkyrie was lame. I felt like they didn't go as far as they wanted and the movie suffered from an identity crisis. Hela is a big deal and a genuine threat... but most of our time was wasted on the Contest of Champions, which while overall fun, had very little to do with the overarching plot. She clearly was a Marvel mandate.

I dunno, maybe I'll like it more when its up on torrents.

I was a little disappointed considering how good the reviews were. It's a bit of a mess in an entertaining way, and I'd probably have to rewatch Thor 1 to determine which I liked better. I think the movie could've been a lot better if they cut the fat. The only reason Dr. Strange is in this movie is because they teased it and were stuck with it, and that screentime should've been given to developing one of the other plots.

It bugs me that they don't actually name the Valkyrie.

All the plots in GOTG2 were about daddy issues, and that helped it feel more like a coherent movie than a series of wacky scene the way Thor 3 can get.

Thor going full anime in that last fight is legit one of my favorite scenes in any superhero movie ever

8.5/10 'cause I'm not a contrarian

Anthony Hopkins ruined every scene he was in. He was phoning it in so fucking hard it was painful to watch.

Other than that it was very enjoyable. The scene where the Valkyrie grabs the turret, she does a little hip thrust... Holy fuck that was hot.

>He was phoning it in so fucking hard it was painful to watch.
I don't think he's "tried" since Silence of the Lambs desu. And even then he's been pretty upfront about how he's an actor because it seemed like it would be easy and that he doesn't really give a shit about most of his roles.

The movie is a reminder that Marvel Studios is willing to change the tone of a characters and/or a fucking entire trilogy if most people didn't like it before and I don't blame them because this is a business after all but for me they ruined two good stories like Ragnarok and Planet Hulk.

This was an excuse to make Thor a beloved character for all those casuals who are MCU fans, we will have the real Thor in Infinity War unless the plagues called James Gunn and Taika Waititi have infected the Russo Brothers.

To all Black Panther fans, make sure the movie is successful unless you want it to turn into a bad joke...

And to all the X-Men fans, I'm sorry because if the MCU treated the extinction of most Asgardians in this way then be ready because they will treat in the same way stories like "E is for Extinction" or "Mutant Massacre"

It was the first MCU movie that I legitimately hated, but I say this recognizing that I'm simply not the target audience. I realized about twenty minutes into the movie that the target audience are the people whose favourite moments in the first Avengers movie were when the Hulk punched Thor off the side of the screen and when the Hulk tossed Loki around like a ragdoll; people for whom the thing about these characters which holds appeal is the spectacle of seeing them demeaned, deflated and having their dignity stripped away from them.

I'm not that guy. I like Thor to be majestic and awesome and godly. I'm not the guy this movie was made for.

This doesn't make it a bad movie. I liken it (and not in a pejorative way) to My Little Pony: It's a show produced for little girls. I'm a full-grown man. It holds nothing which might appeal to me. That doesn't make it a bad show; it makes it a good show for the people who are meant to enjoy it. I think that this movie, similarly, is a good movie for the people it was meant for. I just happen to not be one of them.

It does make me a little sad, as a longtime fan of the comics, that the movies are moving increasingly in a direction where they aren't meant to appeal to the fans of the actual source material, but I don't expect the world to revolve around me or cater to my tastes forever.

The beginning was really bad. It basically felt like the first 2 movies. The larger part of the middle chunk was really entertaining. It was basically Borderlands the movie. The jokes could miss at times just like Borderlands but overall it's just fun not taken too seriously and sets up some fun scenarios. The ending kinda went back to the dull beginning, but I did like the general theme of it being "You're not the god of hammers, you're the god of thunder" and they seemed to drag a bit of that personality from the middle chunk into the ending.

For me it and Civil War are my favourite MCU movies since Winter Soldier

That's a very mature and measured response, and I commend you for it, while disagreeing with almost all your points.

I liked it, as an aside though, did the population of Asgard seem really small to anybody else? Maybe I’m remembering wrong; but they stated in the movie they evacuated everybody from Asgard off the bridge onto the ship, but there were probably 1,000 people on that bridge max.

A city Asgard’s size looks like it should hold at least a couple tens of thousands. So what the fuck happened to everybody else? I liked the movie overall, but this part bugged the fuck out of me.

>That spoiler
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that scene stuck with

I thought that was just the ones who managed to survive.

>So what the fuck happened to everybody else?
Hela happened.

>All the plots in GOTG2 were about daddy issues, and that helped it feel more like a coherent movie than a series of wacky scene the way Thor 3 can get.

dude Guardians had forced humor and disappointing use of the cosmic setting compared to the first

>and disappointing use of the cosmic setting compared to the first
What do you mean? I thought the vistas in 2 were phenomenal. Probably the best overall looking marvel movie yet. Ego's planet & the sovereign all had distinct looks/style. Everything but Dairy Queen.

>what did you think?

Didn't like it. There were things in it that I did like, but on the whole it is the only MCU film that I'm displeased with aside from IM3.

Fun.

it was ok i liked loki and thors chemistry, the hulk cgi seemed a bit weird, walkyrie was terrible sorry fuck that actress she was terrible!!
cate blanchett as hela was inspired and i want more of her so i might invest in a hot toy

I liked that they weren't afraid to try something different. There are similarities to Guardians, but I'd still call those action films with comedy elements. Ragnarok was a straight up comedy, with some action.

quip/10
the rock dude kinda got annoying jeff goldblum's character needs to come back

It looked way more populous than the ghost city it felt like in the previous 2 movies at least.

Black Valkyrie was suppose to sink the movie according to Sup Forums so I was pleasantly surprised

One of my least favorite MCU movies. It tried too hard to include as much stuff as possible that I was left not caring about anything once the whole revolutionary fight happened. It was obvious that they tried to mesh two movies together, instead of having a Thor movie that focuses on Asgard, Hela, valkyries and Thor coping without his hammer, and a solo Hulk flick with tournament shenanigans.

>Thor is smarter, kinder, and more genuinely heroic
>but he's still a huge douche albeit a noble one

It was perfect

Too much comedy imo. I'm not liking this trend in cape movies.

didn't sink the film but she stood out like a sore thumb, her acting was terrible

>she stood out like a sore thumb, her acting was terrible
Many people agree she was the standout performance and thus made her version of the character appealing.

First half an hour or so was legitimately awful with pacing all over the place. It picked up when they've reached Saakar and generally ended up being okay. I can appreciate more comic book-like atmosphere, but they really overdone it with the fucking jokes. Like there were moments that could be legitimately great scenes with much gravity, but they just had to throw a fucking crappy joke in there and ruin the whole atmosphere.
Thor 1 was best

they can agree till the cows come home, i found her annoying

really cause i thought cate blanchett stole the whole show

test

lolwut? she was the worst actor in the film

>I'm a full-grown man. It holds nothing which might appeal to me.
Well written characters, solid storylines and good morals? Ok then.

It ruined the best Hulk storyline

Why the love for Planet Hulk? It was just John Carter with the Hulk pasted on. And it's only really the best because there are no other great Hulk stories unless you count the one with Maestro which no one does.

It was shit.
Thor was one of the few mcu characters that could have genuinely different manners, behavior, ideology, values and a rich lore with vastly different ,from the average mcu settings worlds to explore.
Fuck that. We'll just make him a generic quipmachine who acts more or less like a normal 21st century human and the worlds are just colourful props for the quips to take place.
Fuck.
Everything.

I found it to be the weakest. had a lot of side plots. hulk thing would have worked better had they not spoiled it in all the promotional materials. strange had very limited part

no
not really.
I did not like her character of a drunk slaver

>I found it to be the weakest.
top kek

instead of keking prove me wrong

>hulk thing would have worked better had they not spoiled it in all the promotional materials.

Could you imagine if we could get a movie all the way to release without a huge reveal like that

Nobody can "prove" your retarded opinion wrong. It's your opinion, retard.

Im not sure. regardless all the build up and mystery in the move was pointless. He is even on the poster

It's a series with a black Heimdal for fuck sake. Casting a black chick as one member of a group of largely interchangeable female warrior demigods isn't nearly as annoying. They could forget to put her in another movie and nobody would notice or care. They could replace her character with a different Valkyrie with barely a line of dialogue to explain it and it wouldn't even effect the plot.

And come on, that shot where she did that pelvic thrust to move that gun and gave that cheeky little grin? I don't generally like black girls and her body type doesn't normally do anything for me anyway, but that bit sold it for me.

you can prove me wrong by pointing out what parts of the other films were weaker than this one.

I liked the Thor films but my biggest gripe with them is Thor barely wears his helmet

I like how they did the reveal the Thor could use his lightning powers without Mjolnir twice, as if they'd forgotten they'd done it the first time. Never mind that he's always been able to do it in the comics.

I would kill to hear the original idea for this. Before Guardians came out, they were very clearly setting up a veeeerry different Thor 3 what with Odin!Loki and all the cosmic teases in Age of Ultron. But now that everyone loves "JOKES! IN! SPAAAACE!" they made it into essentially a filler episode.

Mostly same shit but with 2/3 less jokes I suspect. Really, it could have been a pretty good movie with some serious scenes if they would have just toned down on them

The stuff on Earth was always the worst parts of the Thor movies. If they had taken it as seriously as the first movie had, but with the grander scale that The Dark Would had, and absolutely NO Midgard, it could have been great.

It was god awful desu

Certainly better than The Dark World, but so different in tone from the first that I couldn't say (though I unironically like the first one). Ragnarok had its moments, but it's overall a pretty mediocre Disney product; they haven't yet figured out how to make an actual Thor movie, so they copied GotG2 and went on with it.

It finally gave us Matt Damon.

It's a good movie wrapped up in a crappy one. The whole plot with Hela was as generic and forgettable as most MCU movies (Not Cate Blanchett's fault, though. She was great in her role. Karl Urban as well) and the best parts of the movie are in Sakaar. They should've made the movie just Thor falling into a black hole or something, ending up in Sakaar and getting back home with a side adventure. The problem with that is that it would be stand-alone, and WE CAN'T HAVE THAT in a shared universe of movies.
I only wish there would've been more gladiatorial matches, more Hulk and more Jeff Goldblum.

Loved it. Was a bit heavy on the jokes tho. Rockguy was tiresome, rest was awesome, op animu ending fight made me cackle like a maniac. Left the theatre super hyped about black panther, couldnt give two shits about infinity.

>war world Hulk edition
>good
wew lad

Fun fact: Thor Ragnorak was rewritten to be more comedical because of how panned the DC movies have been for being too dark and dour.

Originally Ragnarok was supposed to be with dark grand epic. Technically that stuff, like most of Asgard getting slaughtered and finally blown up, still happens. But they tweaked the style to be more Flash Gordon and gave Thor a detour for levity.

So, in effect, if you hated the amount of jokes in Ragnarok its bevause BvS poisoned the well on dark serious superhero flicks.

Disney just love shock coll.. items, don't they?

god damn those hips don't quit

Fun fact: what you just said was wrong.
Thor 3 was written to be more comedic because Hemsworth had a terrible fucking time doing Thor 2 and either wanted out or wanted to make the movies more like GOTG. Ragnarok was Marvel playing ball to keep him around.

>That is the 2nd time Matt Damon portrayed Loki in a movie

You could not be more right

>but with the grander scale that The Dark Would had, and absolutely NO Midgard, it could have been great
I agree because despite many said it had some great cinematography and fun action when the focus was on Asgard.

>Hemsworth had a terrible fucking time doing Thor 2
Didn't we all?

>what did you think?
Best Marvel movie ever. Period

reminder she didn't do anything wrong and if Asgard had a strong leader like her instead of a retard who keeps forgiving his serial backstabber brother and cares more about another planet they'd stand a better chance against problems like Thanos rather than being refugees

Would be more than happy to call her my queen and drown the galaxy in blood of enemies on her side.

Thor vs Surtur was 100% Kino. One the best fight sequences in the MCU

You're being sarcastic, right?

you posted your opinions and made your points in a mature and respectful way so i will respect them while also disagreeing with them

It's not like Loki's killed any Aesir. He killed some frost giants in one (Which was Thor's favourite hobby) and some humans in Avengers (Who are like kittens to them, they die so fast). He saved Asgard afterwards, and yeah, brainwashed and exiled Odin, but never truly harmed him.
From Asgard's perspective, Loki's par for the course regarding nobility.

I wanted a big action space fantasy.
We finally had good designs and great action,
And they go full comedy with them choosing the prat fall EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Maybe they felt like going occasional comedy like the first two Thor flicks would be mediocre as well, and they didn't wanna go completely serious (especially not with Grandmaster)
But all I know is I got annoyed by them killing the mood for a weak joke every single time.

Why do you consider Wonder Woman and Homecoming trash but Thor 3 was good? IMO both of those movie were better than apocaquips

guess what there's a decent rip out
hiroshima i'd like to kill you I can't upload images

was a good sci-fi adventure comedy movie with some Thor elements.

>Didn't we all?

No, not all.

Other than under-utilizing Malekith, Asgard's aesthetic overhaul and not letting Foster die, I thought Thor 2 was decent. Much better than Ragnarok at least.

So, if Thor 2 was a completely different movie, it'd been good.

Not really no. Changing those specific details wouldn't have changed the movie completely. Just slightly.

This pic made me realise we are probably never getting fun Herc in the MCU, dang.

Didn't like it. A lot of serious shit happened and it all felt really hollow. They just refused to commit to any idea or its ramifications, emotionally. It through me off throughout the entire movie.

suddenrealization.png

I thought it was dumb. You have all that neat science fiction stuff and that mythic nordic stuff, both of which could potentially make for a good action movie but then everyone talks like they're in a lame 90s sitcom. It feels like it's a parody of a theoretical serious version of the same story. As it is it's basically a mediocre action movie combined with a bad comedy. Watchable but only just so.

It was a good movie but there was a bit too much comedy for it to be truly great movie, atleast to me.

Too many moments that should have been awesome or emotional gets undercut by comedic moments. I had problems with some of the cringeworthy comedy bits from Guardians Vol 2 but the moments that should have an impact really had one in that movie.

Still I enjoyed Ragnarok. While there were bad jokes in it there were so many that you quickly forgot the shitty ones.

I did not hate the other movies but I can barely remember any scenes from them. With Ragnarok I can, so I guess it's an improvement.

>compared to the last two
I honestly enjoyed the first one more than this one. The tone and the story did not work together at all and I could not bring myself to care about the characters.

This, Thor 1 was legitimately pretty damn good, don't know why people tend to shit on it.

Perhaps one of my biggest gripes is that there was no buildup to the Hulk title fight. You put Thor in a gladiatorial arena with weird alien monsters, and you don't show a few matches beforehand? Fuck that. I wanted to see Thor fight giant centipedes or robots or whatever weird shit before Hulk. Remember the Dome of Doom episode of Samurai Jack? That's what we needed. But then again, the pacing of this movie was already iffy

Why the fuck is everyone in the MCU all quips and shit now like they are all Tony Stark. Comedy is fine, but a bit of levity would be nice