Redesign thread

Redesign thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

dc.wikia.com/wiki/Diana_of_Themyscira_(Justice_League_3000)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

batgordon's design was actually kind of neat, but this level of slim is going too far

Supermanlet

Why is Batman so skinny? Shouldn't he be the most muscly? Since Superman is an alien he can be whatever.

Wonder man is a bold choice though.

Bat-virgin vs Wonder-chad?

Wtf

Batman looks like he needs an Italian grandmother, Jesus Christ.
Superman need to have his eyelashes toned down and his legs a bit longer/differently proportioned, but honestly barrel-bodied superheroes are underrated.
Like, why are there so few Fisk-bodied superheroes in comics? Is it just that people think superheroes aren't supposed to be 'fat'? That would work well for a Superman-like character. He's so big everyone assumes he's fat but he's actually mostly muscle.
Hell, I'm gonna use that. Guy who moonlights as a superhero eats a lot to keep his energy up and everyone makes fat jokes at his expense in the office- until he needs to, say, slap someone's shit through a wall and everyone realizes he's stronger than he looks.

...so you fucking make everyone morbidly obese?
Is this bait, or are you a fucking retard?

'strong independent woman' does not mean 'has to look like a man'

Supermanlet, Wondertranny and Virginbat

>Reddit Trinity

Ill post what I have.

What was changed?

wow, that's really awful

I'm surprised the artist resisted the urge to draw Diana with hairy pits and legs.

if they do a reboot and place the DC universe into the future or do a solo series where it takes place in the future, that design would look great.

Smaller breasts

kinda looks like cosmic spiderman

Less skin shown, longer hair, absolute territory.

>That lamprey head mode
That's pretty boss.

That's less a redesign and more a different character.
dc.wikia.com/wiki/Diana_of_Themyscira_(Justice_League_3000)

She is but they are all clones/dublegangers of JLA members so my point stays.

I like it if the legs were not so pencil thin

Should have circles around the nipples

lol christ

If you make wonder woman's personality more girlish than most of her versions, this could work

I like this. Not sure about the emblem on the unzipped coat though, looks good when closed

i liked these ones

Posting the best redesign

It's a cool design but nothing about it really says "Selena Kyle"

That's not what the term morbidly obese means. If you're going to whine do it properly.

Too bulky for a speedster but besides that nice.

Superman or Captain Marvel?

Super Captain Marvel Man

I think it's superman but it works ether way.

That knitted fanny pack is really throwing the whole design off.

It's supposed to evoke a humble element and signal to the people that he's "one of them". From an aesthetic standpoint it looks silly, yeah, but it makes some sense. Remove it and it'd make a neat update/Cinematic Costume.

for good reason

I'm quite fond of this Dr Strange redesign.

Because that's Nekomata design from MegaTens

Nekomata means catwoman Japanese

Neko - cat Mata - woman

That's a good point, I'm a little embarrassed I didn't immediately make that connection.

yup, but the guys I replied to said
>nothing about it really says "Selena Kyle"
So there ya go.

>double boob window

I didn't know I wanted this

>Superman is a manlet
>Batman doesn't lift
kek

I like the enlightened despotism crown+military uniform combo. The sabretache would be better if it wasn't a burlap sack. Even a peasant will have his mom knit him a colorful bag.

Looks like he has a Mexican pistolero mustache. He just needs a sombrero and some maracas.

A bit too busy and clustered and the guns with "good" and "evil" painted are way too corny. With a few touch-ups I could see this working for an anime adaptation.
Then again I have no idea how you can even redesign the Shadow

Yeah, it is a bit much, but I have a softspot for Trigun so I can't hate it.

>Then again I have no idea how you can even redesign the Shadow

True. The brilliance of the look is that it's simple clothing that looks cool. You can update the style of the garments, but it will wind up looking exactly the same.

Supermanlet

I don't know why, but I really like that wonder woman design.

Supermanchild

I'd say it's also because his design has already had various alterations over the decades and even the George Rozen covers which defined his look deviated from the source material (the red lining and the exposed nose weren't a part of the pulp descriptions and the scarf wasn't a thing until the 70s).
If you try to change it you would more likely either end up with superfluous additions, or he'd just look like a different character since countless pulp heroes and "dark detective" characters based their look by altering The Shadow's design.

This looks great

I didnt like the look standing up, but i love that he looks like a spider on the wall

let's see, mexican superman, wonder womyn, and batman who's parents died when he was in his late 20's

Spitting in the very face of God himself.

I always thought superman should have a more, well, strongman type body. Not super cut and ripped like a normal superhero, but just big and burly, especially since he was a farmer. Leave rippling butt-striations to Bruce or something

>DC Fallout
>wonderwoman is from primarily female Tribal/raider group
>Superman is an intelligent super mutant
>Batman is a Vault Dweller who emerged from his home after it was attacked and his parents killed to bring order to the Wasteland
>Ghoul Lantern

okay, maybe just a general 'post-apocalypse' thing works way better.

I like it, don't get me wrong, but the issue I've had with a lot of superman redesigns is that Superman actually one of the few heroes who STILL wears his costume under his regular clothing, making it kind of important for him to keep it thin and light.

I think the only other superhero who still does this is Spider-man

honestly, much as I don't mind/love sexy Ivy, this manages to get me going more than most sexy versions. Nice.

I think the only issue I have with this myself is that it looks more like it would work if The Shadow were a Western Gunslinger archetype. Indeed, he actually looks a lot like Yashihiro Naitao's Gungrave than The Shadow.

It's still not bad, but feels more like an elseworld piece.

Okay, these are overdesigned as hell but I don't fucking care, those costumes stroke my fashion dick and then pull it in throat deep.

get rid of the knitted waist pouch thing and I'd say it's perfect.

It's both modern and old world, fitting for a master of magitech, and a Romani usurper to an entire nation.

Looks like a monhun outfit

and since image posting is down, I hope no one minds if I talk about some ideas I've had, I'll spoiler them though for those who don't want to see it, also it's about Spider-man:

In my own idea of a Spider-man run,
we'd start with Peter Parker in highschool, he's already friends with Mary Jane, Gwen, Harry, and even a frienemy to Flash. The group has a Youtube channel where they do a bunch of 'lifehacks', gadget building, they watch Mexican wrestling, review old Toku series, make cosplay costumes, and the occasional jackass stunts. In general being buds. And mostly to give an idea where Peter develops half his ideas for the spider-man persona from.

A bit like Spider-man homecoming's latter portion, Peter's initial costume is rough, though of decent quality (cosplayer) and while hinted, it'd never directly say Peter got his powers from a spiderbite, it's just the most noteable thing Peter recalled from the day before he got his powers and his fondness of bug-themed toku heroes. Maybe either used mixed organic and mechanical webshooters or pure-mechanical. He's also unfortunately prone to trying to mimic fighting moves he's seen on TV.*

As time goes on, Peter refines his costume and look, eventually having multiple types of 'web-fluid' solutions and a few other gadgets (like a mace spray for 'venom bites'), and have multiple web-shooter points like around the fingertips, at the wrists, and possibly others, as well as his costumes being 'spun on the fly' like with Silk's costume, except forming actual fabrics with patterns rthanks to his improved web solution/additives

As his personal life suffers from being a hero, the youtube channel also ends up being abandoned as he transitions from boy to man.

Volt from Warframe

Fuck all of this tacticool shit, where is the good ol' spandex?

>Literally 90's Armor DD in red.
great job.

I like big kinda masculine women, but Wondy's almost looking like a legit man there.