So, it's obvious you guys from Sup Forums won't leave, and hiro won't ban you. So maybe I can do something you'll enjoy...

So, it's obvious you guys from Sup Forums won't leave, and hiro won't ban you. So maybe I can do something you'll enjoy, and you can read comics with us instead of shitting all over every thread.

Would you guys like it if I storytimed Mr. A by Steve Ditko? It's basically Rorschach, but unironic; Ditko was a super-hardcore Ayn Rand believer and this was his attempt to teach about Objectivism the way most superhero comics teach values he saw as degenerate and liberal.

I figure it's the closest comic to your beliefs that isn't a parody or meant to trigger the libs. What do you think?

Let's all try and be nice in this thread, maybe they'll respond in kind. It's worth a shot.

Other urls found in this thread:

ditko.blogspot.com/p/ditko-book-in-print.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ytW6EQXxlKE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ditko was a fucking nutbag

ok

Alright. I'm trying to gather as many of his stories as I can - they were published irregularly, so it's a bit of a chore.

For now let's talk about what a weirdo Steve Ditko is.

Is the story about him drawing Spider-Man attacking hippies true?

Is there a collection/tpb of Mr. A I can purchase WITH MONEY I'VE EARNED FROM MY ABILITIES?

I would post Mad magazine's parody of Mr. A, Mister E, but I can't find it.

Great thread, OP

Dude.
Burgers are asleep
Also you didn't need to call Sup Forums to shit on Mr. A
It makes you look like you have issues

I thought we'd get more posters since it's daytime in Russia.

Alright, here we go.

I'm gonna regret this!

It's a shame comics don't really do any real political stuff anymore. Now it's all safe, bland and desperately inoffensive. People actually got angry, furious even, when a writer DARED suggest that Green Arrow of all characters might have a strong bent toward social justice. Like, come on folks. It's kind of crazy that Kate Spencer is in that book, cause she's also a minor shitstorm waiting to happen, but for different reasons.

Hell yeah! I actually just got some ditko comics in the mail (steve ditko at 90 something is still making these things!).

ditko.blogspot.com/p/ditko-book-in-print.html

>Is the story about him drawing Spider-Man attacking hippies true?

Not really. Just him getting angry at protestors.

Ah, darn. Oh well.

Was there a Mad parody? The only Mr. E one I'm aware of is from Witzend.

To be fair, evil looks pretty cool in that pic. Evil looks more experimental and interesting (especially with the polka dots). Good looks more dull in comparison. Heck, the good side looks more suspicious than the evil side! Like, I’m afraid it’s secretly a trap and there’s a rapist or gang behind that side ready to pounce.

One thing I really hope Ditko does is talk more about his time working on Spider-Man, as well as other comic stuff; he did an essay for The Comics Newsletter and I have no idea if he's done any more since I haven't kept track of that (I'm in the process of figuring out which stuff to buy that has that since some of the newsletters were sold out). I know the World of Ditko book references those newsletters, though.

No, that's just Ditko. Good is plain and bland and normal, evil is this freaky new shit.

There is the dc 'MR. E' who is sorta like mr.a but in a supernatural setting.

It's like a somewhat less insanse chick tract

Gonna be honest, this is all I can take, it's just too crazy.

Oh well, at least I made it through a full story! ...I think.

It's pretty straightforward. Nothing too crazy or twisted really.
Just blatant.

Well thanks OP, this is one of the scans I didn't have.

Those last two panels

>So, it's obvious you guys from Sup Forums won't leave, and hiro won't ban you.
Why are you so afraid of a little diversity of thought?

Cause the discussions rapidly go off topic. Crime rates among blacks has very little relevance in your typical spandex thread (unless maybe its a Luke Cage thread)

I mean, the any time I see anything get remotely political is when out of context marvel panels (if there could even be a context that justifies them) get posted or when they decide to reinvent a character as black or a woman just to pander or just because. Even then, you don't have to be from Sup Forums to find this sort of stuff distasteful.

Yeah but even then people should be talking about the comic. It hasn't been quite so bad lately - even the bait threads have had some actual discussion - but for a while there we had months straight of derails and dumb shit. Sup Forums wants to come here and talk about black people or forced diversity, fine. But they need to be able to do it solely within the context of comics/cartoons. This isn't a board for movies, games or wider society.

oh my god, of course it's an insane, unusable website... Why can't I just get all the 70s stuff in one book!

Honestly, just trying to find collections of comics ditko WROTE is such a nightmare. Action Heroes archive vol. 2 with all the original Question stories is a wild, wild romp.

It's literally the same message as capeshit and hollywood, the good triumph and the evil die an unremarkable death. The comic only brought the fact to the forefront, to put it in the minds of people too stupid to get that from your regular capeshit.

Sup Forums has kidnapped and brainwashed me.
plz help.

I think you can tell which ones are people who, even with right-wing or left-wing beliefs, have a working knowledge of comics... and which ones are just shitposters that don't have or barely have any knowledge of comics.

Someone needs to draw MR.A with this image's text. it would fit perfectly.

Are you going to storytime The Avenging World too?

Sorry OP. Here! Have a fun Sup Forums video!

youtube.com/watch?v=ytW6EQXxlKE

And yet, to a brain-dead lib like OP this is much more insane than Moore's Watchmen somehow.
Let that sink in.

>Sup Forums wants to come here and talk about black people or forced diversity, fine.

Actually no, it's not.

I'm tired of weaponized autists spewing legit racist dumbfuckery here. Same goes for smartfuckery, i. e. trading in Bell-Curve style bogus science to "prove" that minorities or women are biologically more crime-prone, evil, whatever. When your biggest fan is James Aspie Damore, your science isn't science.

I don't like SJWs complaining about their 37 genders but they're not trying to reverse the civil rights laws of the 1960s, either for the lulz or for realz. Sup Forums is, and since they're supporting far-right crackheads to do it, we're getting workplace safety laws and international relations gutted too.

So yeah, I don't want Sup Forums taking over. Inb4 triggered; all longtime Sup Forums posters should be.

>but they're not trying to reverse the civil rights laws of the 1960s

No, they're directly trying to abolish the legal process when it concerns wymynz.

>all longtime Sup Forums posters should be.
You're not a longtime anything.

I'd tell you to get fucked but I know a soyboy like you would love that, so just shut up.

>>all longtime Sup Forums posters should be.
>You're not a longtime anything.

I've been in Sup Forums since forever and was on rec.arts.comics before that. Hell, I remember the days of the Squiddies and Suicide Squid...

>uses "soyboy"
>calls others new

>People actually got angry, furious even, when a writer DARED suggest that Green Arrow of all characters might have a strong bent toward social justice
By "people" you mean casuals, right?

>Ditko was a super-hardcore Ayn Rand believer
>Ditko was a fucking nutbag
>Was
He's still alive and he never changed

> Sup Forums
> caring about diversity
good one, kid.

If by Sup Forums you mean Sup Forums (and you do) I have no reason to leave, I was here way before tumblr decided to raid
>You are a piece of shit, let's try to be nice
Fuck you

Social justice means mob justice so no, it makes no sense that a super hero would want a mob beating people up and ostarzicing them because they disagree

Yeah but what about me? I don't go to Sup Forums and I don't post about fucking politics but I still get grouped up with them because I don't like all the bullshit Tumblr keeps bringing here like the fuck brumof shit or being super fucking obnoxious about black actors or gay characters and shit?

2 rubles have been deposited to your account.

A question: was Ditko right?

>I don't like Sup Forums but I like Tumblr so we should have more Tumblr and less Sup Forums
Great argument there

Wow it's almost like the cold war never ended, be careful user, your neighbor could be a spy

It’s not so much the neighbors one should be concerned about, user.

Less casuals and more ignorant idiots trying to stir up shit. Again, it's Green Arrow. Even casuals know that Ollie is a bleeding heart liberal.

Same thing happened when it was "revealed" that Wonder Woman is bisexual. Anyone who has actually read a Wondy comic responded with a decisive "No shit.". A sizable group of controversy whores though, reeeeeee'd like a raging thunderstorm. It would've been pretty funny if it weren't so pathetic.

Yes

Hey fucking retard here is an easy tip Because you are too new to know this
If you have a problem with Sup Forums for being racist then you also have a problem with Sup Forums and /r9k/ and /ck/ because everyone in those boards makes fun of black people
And if you have a problem with mishauginy then you have a problem with Sup Forums and Sup Forums and Sup Forums because they bitch about women
So when you say I want to get rid of Sup Forums what you mean is I want to get rid of Sup Forums and when you say you are the problem you mean I am the problem since the only boards half as obnoxious as you are are /mlp/ and /trash/ and those are shit holes full of furfags
So tell me, are you a salty furfag trying to shit this board because you want furry allowed? Are you a braindead retard from Tumblr who thinks he knows anything because he has been two years here? Or are you going to shut the fuck up?

>So maybe I can do something you'll enjoy, and you can read comics with us instead of shitting all over every thread.

And five hours later look at the state of this thread. A for effort though, OP.

What if I have a problem with a Sup Forumstard typing out a long autistic rant full of common Sup Forums insults? I mean you even went for furfag when no one even mentioned furries. All that was missing was "no u" and "lurk moar".

You should lurk moar, you should lurk a year before posting, that way you can stop embarrassing yourself so much
You know you wouldn't need to feel so insecure all the time if you bothered to learn how people act here instead of bringing your stupid forum culture here and expecting nobody to nottice right?

Well you can't even notice I'm not this user Plus I'm not the insecure little Sup Forums faggot who needs to shit all over other boards to feel special and tries to act like an oldfag when people call him out for his bullshit

Do those casuals also know that Harley Quinn is a bi too?

>Well you can't even notice I'm not this user
so?
>Plus I'm not the insecure little Sup Forums faggot
oh sweety you are pretty insecure, i can tell, being so tsundere isnt helping you hide it either

Does Mr. A feel intense guilt when he masturbates? Does he have bizarre and oft-depraved masturbation fantasies like the rest of us? If, during climax, his masturbation fantasy of normal heterosexual congress in the missionary position with a good protestant woman who happens to be his wife is suddenly interrupted by a flash of, say... dog fucking, is he wracked with self-doubt and remorse for weeks?

Not that I climax to fantasies of dog fucking multiple times a day or anything.

are you canadian?

No he's referring to you 2016 trump kiddies who decided Sup Forums was your reddit hugbox

Doesn't everyone know that Harley and Ivy are a thing? Cause anyone who doesn't, has likely only heard of them like a day prior, at most.

>sitting next to a dead person
>"when will I be treated fair?"
Geez, learn to shut up Lilly. You're annoying everyone with your constant thought balloons.

Thanks user, much appreciated storytime.

S

But user Russia has infiltrated everything from the communities of rural and suburban Trump voters to the highest levels of government. We're basically living in the New Soviet Union.

classic.
it's weird to see some attitude change

That's funny because the only people who think this place got infected with trump shills are people so new that they don't know how this place was four years ago

I came

I kinda liked it.
Pretty damn blunt but it wasn't that insane of a message.

What gave me away?

/mlp/ are bros, especially when compared to Sup Forums
Sup Forums is one of the gayest boards on Sup Forums to the point, that /lgbt/ looks like alt-right by comparison.

>Chick tracts
>insane
t. C*tholic Satanist

masturbation is good, is not hurting anyone, as a matter of fact, you can satisfy yourself, without involving anyone. in many ways, masturbation is the apex of human civilization

>4 years ago
Oh okay you're a 2014 gamergate kiddie, my bad

Man, this guy gives Stardust a run for his money.

In a good or bad way?

Objectivism is pretty far from the stuff Sup Forums believes. I mean, objectivism is stupid too but for mostly unrelated reasons. Objectivism is individualism taken to the extreme. Noone owes you anything, you don't owe anyone anything, you're entitled to what you create or to what you can exchange for the things you create and anyone who forces you to do anything shouldn't be listened to for any reason whatsoever.

This would obviously never work because a social darwinist society like that would would always benefit liars, cheaters, thiefs and crooks but the idea seems just. Pure meritocracy, everyone gets what they deserve, beautiful idea.

Then you have Sup Forums and, sure, what their ideology has in common with objectivism is that they're all motivated by selfishness but people on Sup Forums don't think really think they could thrive in a world where everyone gets what they deserve. Rather their goal is to create a world where their ethnic group reigns supreme and they enjoy greater privileges just for being part of that ethnic group, not for actually contributing anything positive to society or anything. Just, you know, getting handed a bunch of free stuff for being white.

imo mr A is on a different level than the Superwizard

I mean, Stardust goes up against genocidal terrorists who forces their rackets onto innocent American citizens. And while his surreal punishments can be cruel it's never any doubt about those placed in the power of Stardust deserving a horrible fate.

Here on the other hand, we have a small time crook who didn't wanna hurt anyone bleeding out from a gut wound while mr A gives him a stern lecture about those deemed evil deserving no mercy or compassion no matter what. And his pleading for mercy goes on for several pages while mr A just rambles on.
Stardust got nothing on this guy

I'd say normies think Harley is still the Joker's girlfriend.

According to objectivism the state should protect the boarders but also get rid of wellfare and let all the mexicans who are willing to work and maybe deport both white and black Americans who don't want to work to Mexico
It's a wild ride

>handed a bunch of free stuff for being white

I hate Sup Forums as much as the next guy but I've never seen them argue this specifically. They just think they would naturally succeed if mud races weren't in the way taking their women and jobs

That's what you are, you don't know anything that happened before 2014 so you assume this place was always moderated by retards and people where constantly fighting over politics

/Mlp/ is the biggest echo chamber in this whole website and we have boards designed to be echo chambers

They also think that Israel wants globalism while being a militarized ultra right win nationalistic state Wich is constantly being targeted by the un Wich doesn't even allow George soros to enter

Well, they don't outright say it but it's pretty obvious that that's what a lot of their shit is about.

Their whining that coloureds are somehow "taking white women away" clearly shows that they think they could just sorta have a woman if it wasn't for those brown people. When they claim they take jobs away it show that they think they could just easily get a well paying job if it wasn't for them. When they go on about immigrants destroying the welfare state it's obvious that they think they'd get more money for being on welfare is it wasn't for them.

Their whole worldview boils down to "I'm white, therefore I deserve more and if it wasn't for nonwhite, more would be left for me"

the fact that you feel guilty for masturbating

Eh, frustration over other people getting stuff they don't deserve is not the same as belief that you should get that stuff without deserving it yourself

>feeding immigrants
Dammit OP

The last two panels is what Youtube Skeptics must feel like.

>Well, they don't outright say it but it's pretty obvious that that's what a lot of their shit is about
maybe thats just your bias?
how about you ask them instead of assuming shit? as far as i know they belive they are better than women and minorities just because expectations for them are lower, like fire fighters getting special tests if they are blacks because the ones that already exist are racist
in reality there are plenty of lazy white people, plenty of lazy black people, plenty of lazy women and plenty of lazy men, Sup Forums is full of lazy people and if there was no bias nobody from Sup Forums would get ahead either