RWBY/RT General 1404: Homo Edition

>1. Love RWBY, hate RWBY, just don't try to tell us it's good
>2. Read the Pastebin: pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW
>3. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion
>4. Don't believe their lies

1080p archive:
mega.nz/#F!S1E3wTRQ!4RH3D97O1-ZiW_lMAu7xog

RWBY Volume 5 Chapter 14 Link:
rtv3-video.roosterteeth.com/store/dccb906f3c4accfa5e17955b228f167e-54472acb/ts/index.m3u8

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TbazgcApEE8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh mate you haven't looked.

You act like it's anything new

what a shitty OP image to get thrown into trash with. You could have had it as a ruby_trash.png or something.

>to get thrown into trash with.

Whats with dust bullets being such weak shit? Why even use it if it's so ineffective?

The answer is obvious user, you know it deep down.

Because people have soul armor on and dust bullets only slowly eat away at that armor, but they probably do better than regular bullets.
Or they're shooting shadow monstrosities, which who knows with them.

Because It looks cool/ RT are hacks?

>Because It looks cool
Got it in one

Swords are stronger than bullets, haven't you seen Devil May Cry?

same reason it works in bloodborne, despite not doing much damage at all it gives you a ranged option to distract attackers or chip away at them while you get into a better position, it also lets you mix up your attacks and become unpredictable instead of just sticking to swish swish stab.
Notice how Qrow and Tyrian use them in V4 is the exact way they should be used. Go watch the fight again and see how they seamlessly alternate between melee and ranged without blinking.

>you will never bite Penny's metal ass

youtube.com/watch?v=TbazgcApEE8

Is Iris autistic or something?

Is anyone in RT not autistic?

Fair enough

>Michael is fucking 30

Jesus fuck I thought he was in his early 20s, holy shit I feel old

Anyone else get nervous watching this? I feel like Iris is going to fly out of his hands at any moment.

The way he was jumping over the sacs, I was afraid he was gonna trip and bash her brains in

hey /rwbyg/ i made this shitty meme but realized i had no one to show it to that would get it so here you go

That is the reason I'm afraid of children. I'm afraid that I'm either going to cause or witness the smashing of their fragile little skulls.

Why doesn't Jaune have a helmet? He's already wearing armor.

Have you never been around a baby

>tfw I tripped carrying my infant cousin in my arms when I was a preteen
>tfw I held her in my hands so she was fine but it still traumatized me

I've been around multiple you mong, I'm just memeing

Michael is such a cute dad

Ain’t no stopping it now

they can't hide such a handsome face

All the shotas would be disappointed.

This was honestly the cutest BS moment in the series.

>i wonder what else you can do with that tail big boi

One like this

No. Stop asking.

>tfw finally got a Maiden vs Maiden battle
>It's got pretty decent choreography
>It's probably the fight I've been the least emotionally invested in since SSSN vs NDGO

I just didn't care about it because I felt no desire to support Raven, and I really didn't feel any emotion displayed during the fighf either. I even enjoyed the Cinder/Ozpin fight more, and that was just 30 seconds long and mostly just colourful explosions.

Never

>and I really didn't feel any emotion displayed during the fighf either.
Has that ever been a thing in RWBY

I remember not giving a fuck about any of the fights in Volumes 1 or 2 because the characters were just fucking awful and the fights were literally just light shows with no weight or stakes or rules

I felt more invested in Qrow vs. Tyrian

Cute!

If RWBY wasn't written by hacks, right after someone's aura is depleted they'd get lit up like a fucking Christmas tree

Yes, user. Only hacks give important characters near-deaths. Immediately and brutally killing characters at arbitrary times is what a good writer would do.

So anyone got any ideas on what Adam will have to do to be initiated into Salem's Legion of Doom?

He has to steal a pair of Glynda’s panties. If he can do that, he’s in.

>CHECKMATE
>Proceeds to off screen the fight
Okay, that was fucking retarded

creating a scene in which a character is defenseless and everyone stands there and watches as he makes his escape is exactly what a hack writer would do

Do you think when Tyrian did it he was still cackling madly to himself?

Putting a bunch of teenagers in a fight with trained killers on a completely different level was a hack move to begin with. They put themselves in a shitty corner where the only way for the good guys to not die was for the villains to actually just deliberately lose.

You’re right, they should have killed Tyrian right there. That would have been far better. M&K status: hack trash.

Underdog good guys fighting powerful villains is an extremely common thing in fiction.

The bad guys don’t deliberately lose, but I’m assuming that this is a part of the “everything is jobbing” meme.

I'd say almost every fight in V3 after the shitty 4v4's did at least a semi-decent job of showing character emotions.

>missing the point.jpg
they aren't hack writers because tyrian survived
they're hack writers because they couldn't come up with a way for him to logically survive

if you want a character to live dont put him in a situation where all his enemies need to act like complete retards in order for him to survive

Too contrived. It would look weird if he immediately ran away when he lost his tail. The smack talk was necessary.

But user, Rooster Teeth was built on people just standing and talking whilst stuff happened offscreen.

Underdog good guys fighting powerful villains =/= children outright fighting people on a completely different level.

To use Naruto as an example (since generic powercreep shonen like RWBY)

Naruto doesn't just win against Zabuza, it's because he + deus ex + sasuke beat Zabuza's right hand and the situation causes them to stop fighting.

Ruby vs Neo/Roman is a good example of an underdog fight. Ruby gets her shit fucked up, but (and it was pretty stupid she managed it, but still) manages to catch Neo off-guard and take her out of the fight. Roman is taken by an unexpected intervention. Likewise, Yang gets her shit fucked up by Neo on the train, but Raven intervenes.

You don't get that kind of shit in a closed room group fight. Which is why the villains spent most of the fight literally doing absolutely nothing but standing there, or for some reason being unable to take people down they should have had no problem with.

Ruby's fight was already pushing it. The V5 finale fight was complete shit.

Boo!

Ruby is a cute!
inb4 this thread dissolves into feminine dongers and how Ruby has the biggest monster

>Ruby gets her shit fucked up, but (and it was pretty stupid she managed it, but still) manages to catch Neo off-guard and take her out of the fight. Roman is taken by an unexpected intervention

That is one of the best endings a fight in RWBY has ever had, because it wasn't just "I've figured it out! We just have to hit them harder!" as most fights end, but like you said, a last ditch moment of strategy/believable luck on Rubys part.

Cinders arrow reforming around Pyrrhas shield throw is #1.

Eh
At the end of each season I feel a pent up need to talk dirty.
I've got that out of my system.

>Thinking they got married
>Thinking Summer would be that happy

I think we're never gonna get a STRQ prequel because of how confusing it seems to be, and M&K don't like addressing confusing things.

>posting the worst operator

>Oh no I hope this thread doesn't descend into this topic no one mentioned tee hee

But yeah, Ruby is a cute. She was cuter in Poser though.

Same for me. Have you ever felt how goddamn heavy a baby's head is? I feel like if I'm not holding it still at all times it'll snap off.

This episode murdered all Bumblee shippers' hopes.

Nah they’re still hoping as hard as ever

>Ruby has so many of Glynda's panties she could take over for Salem

So does the rest of the internet think this season was kind of a shit show too or is the CRWBY getting a bunch of positive reinforcement that'll keep these issues from being fixed?

Why does Jaune look awful

Seems quite a few people found it as lackluster as we do.

Iono go to YouTube Saturday type rwby reaction and look at all the thumbnails of sheep in tears or excited by that shit finally if your a real masochist watch them

>Why does Jaune look awful

Because he IS awful.

Reaction videos are good to fight the loneliness but they aren't exactly the best way to Guage general reaction since most reactors like everything they watch and the ones that don't eventually stop reacting.

I've been checking RWBYg, Discords, Reddit, Youtube and friends. A lot of people agree that while the volume did have some good bits, it was overall a letdown, and that the finale was underwhelming. More and more people are feeling frustrated and annoyed by the bad writing, lack of fighting, short episodes, rushed or skipped scenes. Some of those people were the ones who usually defended the show in the past.

Yeah but on the outside he’s a cutie

>mfw reddit is wanking the finale off after shitting on V4
>people claiming "Yang vs Raven is the best fight in the series and it was all verbal"
>claiming Raven is an amazing and conplex character

He had really weird eyes in Poser.

I've been saving this image for something and this might be it.

Are we reading the same Reddit? I see plenty of people criticizing the finale, Raven, and her talk with Yang.

This is in a thread explaining why Raven was the highlight of V5.

>one of the top comments is how the VA in the raven/yang scene was good

I'm seeing mixed reaction. A few people liked it, a few people didn't like it but mostly I'm seeing memeing, people just posting factual statements, and waifufagging.

Yeah, so? This place, Reddit, Tumblr, and Youtube have all sorts of people with fucked up theories and thoughts.

The VA'ing in that scene was ok considering the VA's are a social media manager and the CEO's wife. It was the dialogue that was clunky.

The way Yang accused Raven of killing the Spring Maiden felt awkwardly drawn out and unnatural, as if the writers were paranoid that the audience wouldn't get it, so they had Yang explain it in excruciating detail.

When it's the top comment on a thread that made the top of the subreddit, you can't be shocked to assume it's a fairly popular opinion.

Good, the writers at RT get super complacent very quickly if they are not bombarded with criticism.
While you could argue plot wise the last 2 seasons have been more interesting than the straight nothing from seasons 1-3 but the show itself is just boring.
We've gone from mindless action with nothing happening to too much happening with no mindless action.
Theres a god damn reason people start memeing about everyone sitting on a couch, because thats what basically half the cast was doing until the plot demanded they go fight offscreen in the finale.
Also seriously fuck them for showing how they defeated Hazel offscreen. The idea of an unstoppable dust junkie is actually fucking great and im shocked these writers actually came up with that. And seeing what clever way the heroes could overcome an adversary that cant be stopped is what great fight shows are all about. But nah fuck that we needed more barb trying to sound like shes crying for the 5th time, who wants action in your action show.
Im sure that Jew Burns love is since S4/5 were probably way cheaper to make.

That's not the top comment. How are you sorting the comments? There's negative posts with more upvotes.

>While you could argue plot wise the last 2 seasons have been more interesting than the straight nothing from seasons 1-3 but the show itself is just boring.

At least 1 and 2 sorta paid off as building up to V3 where shit was happening literally every episode. V4 was supposed to be the buildup to V5 being the action packed Volume.

I wonder how the volume would have been had they not done a Weiss, Blake and Yang trailer prior.

The trailers could have been inserted into the episodes as flashbacks and no one would be any wiser.

>decide to look up Ruby Rose Extremely Cute
>too much, begin dying of heart attack

>Also seriously fuck them for showing how they defeated Hazel offscreen. The idea of an unstoppable dust junkie is actually fucking great and im shocked these writers actually came up with that.
An unstoppable Dust junkie who was supported by a guy trained by an assassin, and another fighter who can mess with peoples minds. Hazel by himself was able to take on Ozpin and Qrow.

Man, I would fuck Salem so hard.

There is an abundance of Cute Rubes in the world.

Are you going to take the Rubes out for a walk, user?

I want to throw her down a reactor shaft!

>Dog Rubes would be allergic to chocolate and therefore couldn't have cookies

/trash/ thread when