The Psychology of The Batman of Zur-En-Arrh

I'm working on a screenplay at the moment in which I try to rework the methodology Dr Hurt used to, well, hurt Batman in Morrison's run, but on a larger scale, i.e. hypnotizing a town's entire population.
like in Batman: RIP, in the screenplay the antagonist would affect the minds of people by injecting drugs to them (here, by pouring LSD or smth similar to the local water supply), giving them a post-hypnotic trigger with a very popular movie, and then triggering the effect with graffitis like in RIP.
do you think this plan could have any chance of working in reality, or at least, be acceptable in fiction?
do any of you fellow Morrisonfags have any interesting resources or thoughts on this matter?
I'll bump the thread with pics of Morrison comics. thanks

here you can see the first appearance of the Zur En Arrh graffiti
basically, hypnotizing a large population like Hurt did with Batman in the isolation chamber is impractical, that's why I tried to substitute it with the movie idea
do you think there would be any other acceptable way of doing this (the movie is set in the 60s)?

also, general Morrison thread I guess
picrel is one of my fav moments
RIP truly is the ultimate pleb filter

another classic

morrison's run was both the best and worst aspects of batman

indulging in the rich mythology of the golden and silver ages while at the same time fostering the hack writer bandwagon for years to come

If you route it in a pivotal phrase, image, or moment in the person's life. Probably.

This page was the master stroke that made it all make sense and highlighted the glorious and tragic noble stupidy of Bruce's whole mission.

IRL, people get choked up about things that have or might have happened when triggered in a certain way. For a lowball example, a happy photo of a dead loved one.

>fostering the hack writer bandwagon for years to come
this
neither Snyder, Tomasi, King nor Tynion could escape Morrison's shadow (tho I enjoyed some of their work)

>If you route it in a pivotal phrase, image, or moment in the person's life. Probably.
yeah, that's why I think it would be hard to do it on a mass scale
maybe if you route it in a shared memory, like a war, or in a commonly known image, like the Mona Lisa?
I'm just spitballing here

was it really necessary to literally spell out Zur En Arrh on that page?
it would have been better if they let the readers figure out the connection with 'Zorro in Arkham'
not that it really matters, I'm just autistic

I didn't even figure that out until you said it and I own and have read Morrison's entire run...

wow what

>mass scale

Nazi

Boom. Now everyone’s heckles have been raised for one reason or another

Was Hitler the proto Grant Morrison?

Grant himself seems to think so.

>Nazi
>Boom. Now everyone’s heckles have been raised for one reason or another
sorry, but I don't get what you are implying

I thought that was common knowledge

>Diana’s fellow Amazons, who were pretty much her aunts, fucked her for centuries in this universe

That’s goddamn child abuse

You'd have to kind of be really stupid to think Mastermen was a pro-nazi comic.

Just because I’m not pro-Nazi doesn’t mean I can’t or won’t admit that Hitler was a dangerous and conniving persuader. Is a man pro-dart frog when he warns of how deadly its poison is? He lost, he failed, we chortle at his estrogen levels and goofy moustache, but to downplay his menace is to insult all the people he murdered and the bravery of those who risked their lives to put him down

Batman RIP is still to this day the absolute fucking worst Batman story I've ever read.
And I've fucking read shit like Batman Hush and Snyder's run, mind you

I never ever began to imagine it. I had no idea what Zur-En-Arr was.

Look at the soup coolers on that guy. Wow.

You ONLY read comics, I gather.

nah, Batman of Zur En Arrh is a character from the 50s. Zorro in Arkham is hypercrisis-tier shit.

questionable opinion to be quite desu

Bump

pleb

bump

pleb

>I'm working on a screenplay
'Screenplay' =/= Fan fiction.

Stop bumping your own thread
Talk about the plot or characters of the movie if you really want it to keep going

well, here you go

the movie is a screwball comedy, under the working title 'How to Make Sense of the World'
the main characters are Lois Lane and Clark Kent expies. Emma Stone (sue me, I like her) as a bull-headed, no-nonsense, ambitious reporter, and Ryan Gosling as a bumbling, meek, lame photographer (who, sadly, doesn't have a Superman alter ego).
the movie is set in Paris, during the May '68 riots. for one reason, I really like 60s european aesthetic, but mostly because that era featured rapid social upheaval (think of Vietnam, Woodstock, MLK etcetc.), not unlike nowadays. the characters are investigating a surrealist art group, which does inexplicable, seemingly random performances, hijinks ensue, and they fall in love, of course.
but whatever could the surrealists want?...

to be cont...

The next writer should have been more grounded and traditional. Give us Batman working on a simple murder

turns out, they really aren't what they seem.
the artists are actually engineers who try to perfect art as a method to control people. their plan is to create endless summers of love, an eternal woodstock (this is where the Zur-En-Arrh method comes in).

and this is the main conflict of the movie. do you go along with the plan, or believe in humanity? should you just stay with your love, and let the problems solve themselves? are truth and justice more important? how to make sense of a world gone crazy?

>the artists are actually engineers who try to perfect art as a method to control people

and I guess this is one of the points I'm trying to make.
that many times, what you perceive as art, isn't really all that, but something carefully engineered by commitees and marketers, or ridiculously profitable cross-promotion (to quote the Harry Potter copypasta). that true, apolitical art is very rare, and artists always want to effect you (whether they are left-, or rightwing). and maybe that you can be happier, if you don't try to make sense of everything.
or, as Morrison wrote in Pax Americana (yeah, he is a big inspiration): 'I thought the pieces would explain the whole. But it's hard to love the pieces.'

sweet brotherhood of dada fanfiction, 2/10.

kek, you won't believe me, but I haven't even read Doom Patrol

same

Just finished reading A Serious House on Serious Earth, and it seems to be pretty polarizing. What do you guys think about it?

For me, I really liked the ideas it presented and how it attempted to merge its form with its function on multiple levels, and reading it after the Killing Joke was great because it's sort of an extension of the Killing Joke's ideas, but at the same time I thought the surreal artwork does make it quite difficult to see whatever symbolism Morrison intended at times, it does come off as a little pretentious at a few points, and you really do have to suspend your disbelief in order to buy everything that happens to Batman in the plot, though admittedly this novel is supposed to be dream-like. I like it overall though.

Also, does anyone else have trouble posting images right now?

>Also, does anyone else have trouble posting images right now?
Yes

>Emma Stone
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

fuck off

why not put bestEmma into your movie?

I am not even joking, just crib tips from this and add a supervillain twist or conceit.