Racebending characters done right or at least interesting

racebending characters done right or at least interesting

ugandan joker?

Somehow this seems appealing, like he would be more legitimate than the current stupid edgelord

Why the fuck would be a voodoo gangster

who? leto?
this version kinds of reminds me of him tho

I would like to see a Mesoamerican Batman that takes on the mantle of Camazotz.

I think he's more supposed to evoke an Anansi the Spider "Trickster" Archetype, but more unbalanced

I would love to draw that if you give me ideas of the design

We don't have enough voodoo villains. The only one I can think of in recent memory is Dr. Facilier.

Screw that, where's my Baron Samedi Joker?

This dude looks like the kinda guy who throws several buckets full of venomous spiders at people, then gives them three vials as they get bitten and say one's the antidote and the other poison and watches with that wide grin.

This version feels much scarier to look at.

Leto just makes me cringe because of what his physical appearance has become associated with in American culture (edgelords).

A more "monstrous" appearance would be a good starting point: Camazotz is a mighty demon in Mayan mythology, and his name means "Death Bat". Good sources of inspiration for the design would be the carvings of the Mayan people and Mexican graffiti: in both cases, you will see a lot of swirling or looping patterns and the usage of skull imagery. The suit's coloration will likely be a lot less black than the traditional Batman suit: a rusty-red primary would both evoke blood and provide camouflage in the barrios (and Bruno Wayne will need that camouflage to avoid the cartels: they roll strapped with firepower the average Gotham thug would cream himself over). For secondary colors/accents, jade would play well off of Mayan tradition. Of course, Camazotz might take the fight to the jungle strongholds in which drug cartels grow their product, in which case the muddy browns and greens of jungle camo would be a better starting point for coloration

This dude looks like the kinda guy who throws a bucket full of venomous spiders at you, lets them bite you, and then gives three unmarked vials with one being the antidote and the rest poison and just watches you with that grin

No I meant the comic one in general, the third of the three Jokers (Snyder joker).
But that is true for Leto as well.
The OP is pretty great, stimulates the imagination.

>racebending
I don't get it. Looks fine to me.

10/10
Would read

African Batman world

Joker is psychotic warlord

The Robins would be formed child soldiers

When we are getting a official picture of Ghost in the upcoming Antman movie, I'm going to post it here. For it's not just a raceswap but a gender swap as well.
I heard she is going to look like Armoted Adventures Ghost but with 4 red eyes.

Sokka what did they do to you!?

I thought he would be interesting in Gotham, instead of the bore occupying it now.
Transplanting high concepts is only cool when you don't carry over everything.