Jim Zub Ushers in a New Era for Marvel’s Champions

Bye bye Waid
archive.is/evYI

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/comicbooks/comments/7s7ark/cbr_exclusive_jim_zub_ushers_in_a_new_era_for/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>implying the writing will obviously improve

>replacing Waid with Zub
They really don't want this to succeed

Vade retro, Satan. No one is doing such a thing.

I get the feeling that Marvel has a really shallow roster of writers, they are just playing musical chairs. Jim Zub? not that he's a bad writer but, that's it?

on a side note, what happened to brubaker and jonathan hackman? I know nicieza is still around..

Bru isn't writing capes anymore; the Hick is said to be in talks with DC to write LoSH.

>Jim Zub
Pfft. You see what that idiot did to the Thunderbolts? No thanks.

Him or Malin?

Brubaker is writing the same noir comic over and over again

Hickman is doing Black Monday Murders, finishing East of West, and ignoring Manhattan Projects

>really shallow roster of writers

understatement of the century, I can count on one hand the number of top tier writers they have.

hickman, lemire and bendis jumped ship to DC and fraction fucked off to image

Zub is just mediocre, Malin and the Stucky shipping editor that fucked the book royally.

both were pretty terrible

Brubaker left years and years ago. Hickman was burned out by Avengers/New Avengers/running Secret Wars and is focusing on his own stuff. Same with Gillen. Fraction ragequit after Inhumanity, I think? Remender left a couple of years ago, same reasons.

It's no wonder that Marvel's shit now, most of their A-list writers quit around 2015.

>hickman, lemire jumped ship to DC
Sauce?

Maybe the Champions artist will make Zub's writing tolerable? lol

they're in trouble unless their millenial writers step up their game. Cates and Aaron are the only ones I know who are at least competent but cate's dr. strange is pretty bad while thor too fucking decompressed

>Aaron

Lemire wrote hawkman found and is writing the new book The Terrifics.

Hickman is still a speculation but he is frequently having lunches with Lee and Didio (twitter posts), rumor is they are finalizing his run and will either be writing either Shazam!, LoSH or L.E.G.I.O.N.

Dr. Strange is great, what the fuck are you talking about
Saladin Ahmed is pretty decent
Wilson CAN be good but she's stopped trying on Ms. Marvel
Al Ewing is good but they're not letting him write outside of the weekly so that's not particularly helpful

but Aaron is a hack through and through. And yes, God of Thunder was shit too.

What's the difference between LoSH and LEGION?

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about Lemire.
>Shazam!, LoSH or L.E.G.I.O.N.
We'll have to try this then.

Ewing is great but for some reason just doesn't sell.

LoSH is superheroes in the future, L.E.G.I.O.N. is alien superheroes in the present day.

L.E.G.I.O.N. is like an adult, police force of LoSH, led by a Coluan who is a smart bastard instead of a stuck-up scientist.

the two are tangential but it's a different team roster and book

cates literally just started his dr. strange run, it was bad. Thanos was great.

meant for

*adult, police force version of LoSH

It's not bad, though? And actually pretty good?

don't worry, janes gonna become a talking golden hammer soon

>dr. strange is pretty bad
nigga wut
Please don't tell me you dislike it because Stephen is an asshole

>janes gonna become a talking golden hammer

That's fine, agree to disagree , I just find the dialog really cringy compared to how Cates writes the Thanos book

It's the rumored ending of Death of Thor, jane's soul becomes the hammer and the real thor becomes the main protagonist in the mighty thor book again (while using jane to bash villains)

>SJW woman becomes more objectified than ever
I'm starting to like this Cebulski guy.

>Spencer is off Captain America
>Slott is off Spider-Man
>Bendis is gone forever BENDIS ON SUPERMAN
>Aaron is still on fucking Thor
when will my suffering end

>Slott is off Spider-Man

Don't speak too soon, Remember that he's gonna be in Iron Man. Slott is gonna hit parker where he'll hurt the fans most: MJ

What's with this archive?

It's Yoshida-sempai's team

That's basically a hint it's ending by summer.

Putting Jim Zub on a kids team book is as smart a move as Marvel can make with Champions. Give him the right material and he is (ironically) old-school Mark Waid good.

Remember when Waid was good?

This thread is so cringey.
reddit.com/r/comicbooks/comments/7s7ark/cbr_exclusive_jim_zub_ushers_in_a_new_era_for/