What does Sup Forums think of Telltale's Joker?

What does Sup Forums think of Telltale's Joker?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y_BTePQaXgA
youtube.com/watch?v=Y6toyysvkQI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

obviously written for fujoshi to shlick over but a fun detour from usual iterations of the character

>that expression of pure horror as Waller attempts to shoot John

Damn, why are Bruce and John so thicc?

It's really annoying how you can't really tell him to fuck off and go die. Telltale is gonna tell a tale, I suppose.

post yfw

>"We can't shoot Harley because she has the virus and a dead man's switch."
>John takes her out and takes both
>"Now! Shoot him because he won't give me the virus!"

The asses on these dudes

Better have him like that than poisoning a save with Harley/Joker romance, ew

This.

It won't fucking matter because Telltale can't be half assed to make two entirely divergent story paths.

I'll bet any of you $100 that vigilante!Joker will be exactly the same as villain!Joker and Batman will deal and interact with both versions the exact same way. Even the way it was handled in the ending was retarded; nowhere in any of the last episodes did John show any strong beliefs in the corruption of the GPD and the Agency, now all of a sudden he cares about justice?

So played Season 1 and holy shit was it enjoyable. It was fun being both Bruce Wayne and Batman. Gonna wait for S2 on disc for maximum binge.

>that flock of seagulls haircut
What did they mean by this?

Well, I mean, they did turn on him and try to kill him after he tried to do the right thing and turn in the woman he was desperately in love with. And he knows his BFF is Batman, so of course his BFF would do the right thing and make sure those rude people get what's coming to them.

That said, his whole rant about how unfair it is that he spent half his life in Arkham in the Joker Ending is ridiculous. He said multiple times in previous parts how much he enjoyed being in the asylum and would rather be there than in Gotham proper.

>That said, his whole rant about how unfair it is that he spent half his life in Arkham in the Joker Ending is ridiculous.
Wasn't it established in the other episodes and even in the last season that no one knows how he came to Arkham let alone how long he's been there? So Telltale can't even get their lore straight.

Yep. He even said that he doesn't remember a lot about his life, like why he has green hair.

>John thanks Bruce for having his back when he shanks Waller if you stop the officer shooting at him instead of stopping him from stabbing her
Admittedly I kek'd.

Huh
So what happens to the homolust?

That's the result of the homolust, user

well then

>canon confirmation that everyone would be better off if Batman would just give in and (lovingly) rape the Joker (with feelings)
Was Gordon right all along?

>Telltale was behind Gordonposting all along

>Bruce breaks out of the freezer by hacking the EMP with his phone

lame

This. In the comics I veer between finding early (Year One til around Death in the Family) Batman interesting, and current modern Batman interesting only sometimes. Batgod pisses me off. Having him 'need the family to keep him grounded' just makes him a cardboard cutout and the other characters more interesting.

I suppose these games fall into that 'early Batman' area, but I also like the approach, and how he is allowed to actually be a character. Batman often feels like a character that has fallen prey to his own mythos. It's as though they took his personality from the later parts of the old Justice League cartoon and forgot the entire run of BTAS made him that way.

Let's be honest, it's very Batman. Having someone have to save him would undercut how Bruce seems largely impossible to kill and always gets out of traps.

It's not enough to rape him full of emotion, Batman. You need to go in raw. You need to pump him full of bat batter. You need to make him think twice before he thinks of threatening this city, and by God, if you won't do it I'll find someone who will!

Avesta > Selina

They wasted the Riddler on this. I'd rather see him as the main villain instead of Whorely Quinn for the millionth time.

Yeah, killing him off so early was lame. They spent so much time building his reputation and then he just gets axed.

I am HYPED as fuck

>49.5%
What's the alternative route?

To be fair, I wanted to shank Waller myself

His costume is better here imo.

That ass was worth putting Catwoman on ice for.

Joker.

So does this mean he'll be this verse's Red Hood?

Fag

Dude looks /fa/ as fuck

Jesus Christ, Bruce

absolute tripe,how could telltale games writing dept take such a fucking nose dive

purge when?

This 100%, I hope Catslut is fucking dead

>look up Telltale Batman on Tumblr
>it's just gay art of Bruce and John
>the posts that aren't gay art of Bruce and John are screencaps of Bruce and John moments
>the posts that aren't those are text posts wishing that other male characters were gay

Would it be any better to see him as just another edgelord psycho clown like every other interpretation from the last decade? At least this version is likable and has some humanity.

>if you fail the quicktime event when The Wall pulls a gun on John, Bruce literally jumps in front of John and dies in his place.
F-Fuck

What the fuck is thus from

Green lipstick is shit, therefore the vigilante option is the superior one.

>A story where Superman takes Joker away from Batman
What do you think

Where the FUCK is today's comic thread?

>John saves Bruce/Batman's life numerous times
>Catslut ditches Bruce/Batman every time things get serious
Why is he so perfect?

It would be if he didn't have fucking Ace Ventura hair. Typical Telltale, they take one step forward followed by two steps back every time.

>John Doe wants a quite life

They're meant to evoke bat ears, come on.

the meltdown yesterday probably scared away storytime bros
besides, what's even happening today, Damian fucks off back to Ra's and found out about Amazo?

see is that really that hard to figure out

Telltale did The Killing Joke better than Moore

So? That doesn't mean it looks good.

>the meltdown yesterday

What happened?

>what's even happening today, Damian fucks off back to Ra's and found out about Amazo?

I think so.

You know what I like about TT's Joker? He's believable. You can see that he IS struggling with mental illness. He's not some death worshiping murderer who's always 10 steps ahead of you and thinks up these plans that only a sane person can come up with. This guy feels more like Joker to me than the actual Joker.

Was he telling the truth? I've not played the current episode, my graphics card is ded, but so far John has been nothing buy loyal.

How did Oswald not realise Bruce was Batman
>Implies he knows Lucius makes Batman's tech.
>Knows how the the planning ahead ar system works letting him take away Batman's prep time.
>Already discovered Bruce's secret basement tech room.
He should have realised Bruce objected to him taking over partly because he was protective over what secrets he might find

Meltdown?

He's a more well rounded character, but that tends to happen when you aren't basically a walking plot device that has been handled by more writers than veteran whores have handled dicks.

It's the benefit of working with a few writers in an elseworld where they are allowed to do a different take. Hell, it's why I largely prefer elseworlds generally. It's why I like Leto as Joker despite 'not muh Joker'. I give points for effort and trying something different, even if it doesn't work out.

I don't want to hurt John in episode 5. :(

I think so. You have the option of eavesdropping on him before confronting him in a room full of corpses and while there seems to be more going on than meets the eye, he sounds genuinely freaked out and delusional enough that you could buy the idea that he had some kind of homicidal blackout.

Not believing him is what makes him lose all hope in justice and Batman and causes him to turn evil. Though it's pretty obvious that he and Bruce are going to come to blows in the last episode regardless of the ending you get anyway, so I guess it's pointless.

Ah I see.

Yeah, he is either going to be doing something outright evil, or trying to kill someone to make the city a better place, and either way Batman is going to have to stop him and push him into outright Joker mode. (Or we'll get a flashback segment where we see him as the red hood gang leader fall into the acid because of Batman, he remembers, and it breaks him.)

Same. I actually feel kind of bad for him seeing as he fell into the middle of a bunch of people who are all trying to exploit him.

The writing in this series is kinda dumb.

>"Bruce, your father did shady shit to Penguin's family, so he's in charge of Wayne Enterprises now."
>"Oh, turns out Penguin was a criminal. You can have your position back, even though your father is still shady as fuck."

That's pretty standard for the funny books

Then why is his personality in this season completely different than from the first one? You can definitely tell that he's fully aware of himself and plotting something against Bruce just from the ending. Now he's become a complete retard who can barely function without Bruce or Harley. At first I thought it was a trick and it was going to come out that he's playing both sides, but nope, turns out he's really that naive. It's a pretty wild turn in characterization.

Wayne Enterprises works better with Bruce in direct control and Lucius handling the day-to-day shit anyway, since it's his resource pool. Having him able to be voted out is just forced drama bait.

How can you take some random person off the street and just put them in charge anyway?

Are other telltale games just as good? I only ever heard about TWD being popular I asummed they all went downhill from there.

I liked Wolf Among Us, but I can't speak for the wider audience
TWD turned to shit half way through season 2 and hasn't recovered
Borderlands one was okay if you can tolerate Borderland's version of "humor"

This captcha is getting really annoying

Tales From the Borderlands is GOAT of telltale
Walking Dead Season 1 and The Wolf Among Us are also great

I thought TWD season 2 and 3 were okay but definitely below season 1 (most dislike season 2)

haven't done any of the other ones I think but I believe most think the Game of Thrones one is shit

Season 1 of TWD is god-tier, each season gets progressively worse until it's shit, TWAU Is also god tier, and i haven't played any others, but apparently Tales from Borderlands is also good.

TWAU is their best game next to TWDs1 and is even better than the source material (Fables). I would definitely recommend playing it. I've heard good things about Tales From the Borderlands too.

I knew about their Jurassic Park game for being unintentionally hilarious but I had no idea they made a Back to the Future game as well.

>and is even better than the source material (Fables)
By virtue of it actually being funny when it needs to be and having a protagonist who's likable and not an irritating, sanctimonious Wolverine knockoff, I should add.

>This captcha is getting really annoying

I can't even post on Sup Forums without logging out of Google, otherwise it keeps saying the captcha is wrong.

Even before TWD they had some pretty great one's like all 3 seasons of Sam and Max, and Strongbad's Cool Game For Attractive People. Tales of Monkey Island had it's moments but it wasn't as good as the original Monkey games, being that they were kind of too big of fans of themselves and kept relying on referencing past events. Back to the Future was kind of the same way, it's a little bit fanficy sometimes but if you like the movie series it makes for an entertaining 4th installment.

I've enjoyed this season so far.

Man, Season 3 should be Telltale's adaptation of a Batman vs Superman conflict.

Reporter Clark Kent is in Gotham to do a story and you develop Bruce/Clark through the episodes.

Wolf Among Us and Tales of the Borderlands (even if you don't like the original games/first person shooting grindfests) are both amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=y_BTePQaXgA
>The Wolf Among Us has one of my favorite intros

youtube.com/watch?v=Y6toyysvkQI
>I wasn't sold on the soyboy main character originally, but he honestly won me over, and the cast in general is entertaining.

I'm not actually a big fan of their Walking Dead stuff. I never found it all that inspired. And I'm a massive fan of horror shit.

> soyboy
Aaand opinion disregarded.

So before I play it, I'm a major catfag, and screwed up the choice in episode 3 so she is in the pod.
Is it worth replaying to fix it or does it not matter that much?
In other words, what is catwomans outcome for either choice

no thanks superman ruins everything

She shows up for four minutes to fight Harley when you go to the SANCTUS site and then disappears for the rest of Episode 4.

>soyboy
You shut the hell your mouth Rhys is pure and good

I'm upset about that but I'm glad his presence is felt throughout the whole series.

He talks about how it hasn't been easy for him since leaving Arkham. He felt more secure there since that was the only home he has known. Harley is the one who convinced him to come outside and join the Pact.

The Children of Arkham used technology Catwoman stole to change Oswald's background to make him seem qualified.

and CUTE

In all honesty, they took a different direction in his writing than what was probably planned.

And that's fine.

I haven't played it personally but watch it turn out he faked his death somehow as the end of season stinger

We literally see His rotting body

Bruce even pokes it for no reason and freaks out cute agent lady

Unless he can fake decomposition, probably not. You find his body heavily rotted in the new episode.

That's what I don't like about Telltale. They seem to have so many writers that no one can singularly agree on things that should remain consistent like characterization or certain plot threads. TWAU suffered from this big time.

I imagine that regardless what happens he's going to end up dying in classic Joker fashion (aka ambiguously) because he knows that Bruce is Batman and you can't keep him alive if he knows something that major, especially if he's Bruce's enemy.

Whatever you say, soyboy.

Body double? Perhaps getting the Lazarus Pit treatment (with a Ra's al Ghul stinger for season 3 villain and Riddler was working for him in some way). Not super familiar with it so I dunno if that would be enough to do it or not?