Steven Universe

The pic says it all

People still watch this trash?

I fucking hate Hulu.

People still pay to watch fucking commercials the fuck is this bullshit.

Exit Full Screen (ESC) is right.

>april
GODDAMNIT STOP WITH THE FUCKING HIATUSES MILLER YOU BITCH

Thats nice

gee who would have excepted this
waifufags and tumblrites, basically all of Sup Forums

Honestly the chatter about a production hiatus due to Matt and Lenn leaving, certainly seems possible, but if you've been watching the show since pilot a 2-3 month hiatus just feels tame.

>Honestly the chatter about a production hiatus due to Matt and Lenn leaving, certainly seems possible
Its more to do with the fact that miller is trying to purposefully not air their most popular show in favor of TTG because she has a hard on for kiddie shit, i dont understand why she isnt fired yet because shes killing the channel.

If only anyone still watched this shit

What else are you gonna watch, fucking RWBY?

For a few dollars extra you can get Hulu without commercials.

It's actually kind of strange. SU and TTG get similar ratings, and regularly trade being the most popular show on the network. But they spam TTG while hardly airing SU.
I know it's not just SU that's been getting sidelined, pretty much everything that isn't TTG and to a lesser extent Gumball is, but it's strange that a show that gets similar ratings wouldn't be treated in a similar way, or at least better than Gumball, which actually gets average to poor ratings in the context of CN shows.

The Diamonds did nothing wrong.

Not exactly a fan of Miller myself but based on the crew talking about "getting back to work" a couple months ago it certainly sounds like a break from production.

TTG isnt even popular, it only gets those ratings because they play it at prime time, even then ratings are falling drastically. SU is much more popular and miller is refusing to air it out of spite, something i dont understand how is not a fireable offense

If that's actually true it would be a fireable offence actually. I don't know nearly enough about the background of CN to make claims, but if Turner found out that the head of one of their networks was knowingly harming ratings out of personal preference, they'd fucking let her go in a heartbeat. The thing is, I almost want to agree with you despite knowing so little, because from a ground view airing TTG so much really doesn't make much sense, especially if doing the same tactic for so many years has demonstrably hurt ratings.

Even before TTG took over and Adventure Time was still their golden show, Steven Universe still didn't get much airtime. The most common theory has always been that nobody bothers to watch reruns of it.

OH BOY! WHO'S READY FOR MORE TOWNIE EPISODES!?

>Even before TTG took over and Adventure Time was still their golden show, Steven Universe still didn't get much airtime. The most common theory has always been that nobody bothers to watch reruns of it.
Thats bullshit, as they used to play re runs even back in 2016, and i dont buy the myth that story cartoons reruns dont get views, as plenty of other story driven shows have gotten re runs for years and i never heard that complaint until recently

I'd say we're nowhere near the last eps produced prior to the aforementioned production hiatus though (pretty sure they didn't leave until next season)

Is it better or worse that we might get a steven nuke, similar to summer of steven?

That would be nice, but it would also be explainable why cn refuses to do new airings if only half of season 6 is completely done or something, we only have what 13 episodes in season 5 left?
I could be completely wrong but it's an idea.

Worse
If another Steven nuke happens this summer that probably means 2 years between nukes, with months of hiatus in between only a handful of episodes during the break.
That could stretch the show out into the second half of the fucking 2020's.

Torrents and adblock are too hard for normies.

do you pay for cable?
you're paying to watch commercials.

If you don't like it, just don't subscribe.

Why would they refuse to air them? They could stretch them out instead of having the 9 month hiatus we did end up having

Townie episodes would be tolerable if we weren't constantly having to wait six months between episodes. That's always been the problem with the show post-season two: it's a ten minute show paced like it's airing weekly instead of a couple times a year. There's a 140 episodes aired - that's about the same running time as a single, typical season of an hour long cable show, and that's over five years.

>mfw I crunched the numbers and realized that amounts to 26 episodes of an hour-long high profile TV series.
You weren't kidding, God damn. CN really needs to air the episodes fucking regularly.

No, theyd still be shit. The point of the filler in the first few seasons was to show more of the gems, now its like they are being written off their own show and everythings about the dull and annoying townies and that fat faggot steven. I dont even have a point in watching this show if peridot, pearl, and the others are hardly in it anymore, and the only characters that get attention i hate. Someone needs to put a gun up to sucrouses head, and demand she make the gems the focus of their own show again and to reel in her anarchic writing team

No idea, it still annoys me that we're stuck with bomb format, a weekly airing would have been better for the show at least imo.
Yeah Steven nuke 1 is pretty largely responsible for the extended hiatus and I'd rather never relive another nuke, personal reasons

I think this pic says more about Steven Universe.

I didn't say it'd be perfect but it'd at least be tolerable. Having a filler episode or two after a major event is fine if it's the fucking week after... but not when your audience has been waiting 4-6 months for the next episode. Nobody's got time for that shit in that situation.

Townie episodes would be tolerable if it explored more of the human world, the setting, more to contrast the other world Steven is in (Gem/lesbian shenanigans) instead of the dumb autistic shit they do. But that would need a creative writer, and we all know how this show hates writers hence why they forego it and just jump to storyboards first.

Wanna know what the cultural landscape of the world or at least America is now beyond this backwater city by the beach eerily okay with stupid alien shenanigans? Who cares! Here's this is autistic onion kid and his gang!

it's not about popularity, it's about money. it's always money. the mistake in looking at this is thinking that popularity and value have a straight 1=1 correlation, they don't. TTG gets played constantly because they have found this to be a more efficient way to monetize it, and the show is simply more suited for this purpose for whatever reason.

people get into conspiracy theories about CEOs have grudges or whatever because they are looking at this from a common sense angle, and can't see whatever background bullshit is going on that the networks are using to squeeze money out of their properties. unless some insider decides to burn bridges we will never get the full picture but "it's making someone more MONEY" is always the 100% correct assumption

>No idea, it still annoys me that we're stuck with bomb format, a weekly airing would have been better for the show at least imo.
The two things i hate about this decade is the standardization of 11 minute premiere airings and bombs.

But how is TTG making ratings fail and ignoring popular shows making money? It just sounds stupid

No, because it's never fucking on TV.

Cartoon Network: just fucking cancel Steven Universe already, clearly you do not want it.

>Returns April 2018
>For one bomb
>3 out of 5 are townie episodes
>Returns October 2018
I wrote this to laugh but honestly re-reading it makes me sad.

Can't wait to follow the wacky adventures of the townsfolk this April!

>mad at the best cartoon on CN
KEK

>mad at the only cartoon on CN

ftfy

Bom big reveal

Also might possibly contain the return of Ratpiss Razzuri.

WE

ARE SO POORLY MADE

>Can't seeing past your mega jew nose that for literally the same cost of a netflix sub instead of paying 7 a month, you get no commercials.

This meme needs to die. It only shows how fucking stupid people are.

>CN doesn't air SU
Dammit CN, stop with your fucking TTG boner and fire Miller and stop making us wait so damn long for episodes!

>CN finally airs SU
This show is fucking Tumblr garbage! Everyone involved should kill themselves and CN needs to cancel it!

Will it return good this time?

This.
Although I do wish they didn't spam it so much.

We'll make the industry look bad

And if you think we don't-

AND ALWAYS HAVE DELAYS

WE'LL ALWAYS FIND A WAY

>thinking TTG is good at all
Kill yourself you shit taste vermin

If you think TTG is good at all you need to be lobotomized

Stay mad

How long until it ends and someone works out a master list of 'What episodes to watch in what order to make it not total trash.'?

There's already lists like that, has been for years.

SU is trash no matter what

>What episodes to watch in what order to make it not total trash.
Shit, that won't take long. about 5 episodes?

Dunno but that's when I'm going to start watching. I can imagine waiting a long-ass time when it's for quality shit like Venture Bros but 10 SU episodes a year just won't do.

Your show will always be shit, and the horrible writers deserve to starve on the street

This shit is starting to near barneyfag tier.

Nice projection, if anything the few TTG loving shit posters on here are brony level of autism and need to be banned

The writers are swimming in money. TTG is a money factory.

I mean, it's not even being mad at this point. Unikitty is proof what happens when you don't have an autist shitposter at the helm who gives zero fucks but bare minimum to get the job done. The TTG team that left there and went to unkitty provided a more fun spirited cartoon with better animation and everything else. If anything it just shows that the talent on that show went to waste for screeching and songs which is just sad.

Let them tucker themselves out user, once he takes a nap we can discuss cartoons.

>fun spirited
Now this is getting sad

I know it is sad when you compare TTG to unikitty and you realize the staff was being held back in many aspects for no good reason.

I want to have sex with Unikitty. I want to build her pussy with soft cushy marshmallowy legos and relentlessly fuck it.

Honestly Unikitty so far seems pretty decent, I'd watch it over ttg, and unlike ttg I've so far enjoyed every episode I've seen, bonus is it doesn't stir up people because not muh titans

You realize the "not muh titans" thing died right? Yeah it's still there, but they hate how CN schedules the fucking show and rams it down everyone's throats at this point. It takes up 50% of the running time of a weeks schedule while being sparing with airing it. And then on a holiday week as you saw last month, 24/7 TTG for an entire fucking week with a single episode of power puff girls on a single random day just before 8.

Let me guess, you hate TTG for being "mean" spirited

Its really sad that youre so delusional to think TTG is a success

It's not funny. It's just loud noises and screaming the show with randumb songs. It's the lowest level of obtainable humor which is why little kids love this shit. They haven't adapted tastes yet and eat this shit up. They will grow up, look back on it and say "Man this was pretty shit and didn't age well." Coupled with the fact that they over-schedule it and completely shove off any other CN shows to whore the highest ratings possible for money. It's just an awful show in practice.

>tl;dr I'm an adult who appreciates a cartoon that can appeal to adult level of humor while also appealing to children. It's a skill these lazy fucks refuse to use.

No, i think the characters and humor are horrible. Fuck yourself mate

What this guy said. They might as well just rename the channel TTGN at this point. It's made up what? 93% of the network's daytime programming for the last six months? Enough is enough

>which is why little kids love this shit.
They dont, the popularity is hyped up by CN

It's funny, m8.

Iam fully aware its not as big of an issue now than it was, the schedule complaints are obviously far more reasonable all things considered, Unikitty simply wasn't treated with as much of that initial knee jerk reaction.

>It's funny, m8.
No one over the age of 6 or who is not mentally challenged seems to think so

Why won't this end already?

April huh?

Fucking hell CN, what happened?

Is there some industry wide move against story driven cartoons? Adventure Time only got slammed with few airings when it stopped the waifu torture of Finn, SU reruns got good ratings up until they stopped it two years ago, and even OK KO looks like it might get a cut on the airing rate.

Meanwhile TTG airs constantly, and has had marathons where so few episodes have actually been produced, the shit overlaps on itself. This tactic historically didn't work for Spongebob, so I'm not sure why they're doing it now.

>But user, the kids are into it

They are, but unless they're pulling a sickie, they're not going to see a lot of these airings. The strategy isn't consistent, or clever with timings, it's just odd. It's not even paw patrol level for young kids, where you can spam the neat CGI character designs and the kids are young enough to lap it up.

TTG admittedly WAS a success; it's flash filler to produce money inbetween shortfalls and higher budgeted shows, and it worked.

Now it's the airing equivalent of a bread sandwich, that's beginning to bleed money because of market oversaturation of ONE product.

It's why none of the scheduling theories make any sense;

>not promoting flash animation, as other new flash shows are being shunted slightly
>not promoting the short format, as other short formats are being shunted harder
>not promoting a 'wholesome family' theme because that'd require... something underlying?
>not promoting marketisation because the scheduling isn't efficient

Money will be the reason, but whoever did the reasoning has made some mistakes along the way, and I'm curious as to what exact conclusion they came to.

It's not industry wide per se, it's pretty clearly only CN. And yes, they are fucking retarded for doing it. Viacom had to actively step in with the Spongebob spam back in the day, and TTG is nowhere NEAR what Spongebob ever was. Even if kids like TTG, there's no way spamming it more than Nick did Spongebob, when Spongebob was still wildly more popular than TTG has ever been, is a sound idea. At all.

Was gonna say this. For an extra 3 dollars a month you can have no commercials.... It really isn't much user. Plus you can share your acc with your friends/family

Like the Clone Wars one?

Christ why is the airing for this show so bad?

Every time I see these pics I feel they're trying so hard to be scary and it isn't working.

there are hundreds of older cartoons that are better than either of those trash shows

>do you pay for cable

Fuck no

Well that's cause so far, throughout 5 seasons...the diamonds havent done anything important.

I'm just glad the bitching over the waffles episode calmed down.

Kids do love it but even they are starting to get sick of the spam.

The Diamonds did nothing period.

>Kids do love it
But they dont, even then the ones that do are literal toddlers, which isnt supposed to be CNs target audience

Why is there a Zone logo on her boot?

She knows who owns her.

>no one enjoy TTG!
>it's a conspiracy!
>kids aren't CNs target audience!
Holy shit, anti TTGfags are getting even more autistic
>

Goddamn it i would accept if they just aired the episodes in storyboard form at this point if it meant we didnt have to wait 18 years to finish the series.