Was he suppose to represent of Black Conservatives/"Uncle Toms", White Nationalist, or both?

Was he suppose to represent of Black Conservatives/"Uncle Toms", White Nationalist, or both?

Yes.

fpbp

>Uncle Tom
I love this word because it allows upper middle class white women to call black people that disagree with them a nigger without feeling guilty.

No, I'm pretty sure the guy whose name is Tom was supposed to represent uncle toms.

He was supposed to represent the gag of a black man being incredibly racist to black people you turboautist

The character Uncle Tom dies in defense of black femininity, it's such a retarded term for a black guy who concedes to whites

Nobody who uses the term Uncle Tom in a derogative fashion has actually read Uncle Tom's Cabin.

It says alot about black americans that any negro that doesnt behave like a deranged criminal psychopath is "acting white" so is acting civilized considered white in their fucked up brains?

"A self aware black person." They do exist.

The irony is I hear the 'acting white' comment more from whites than blacks

He represented the duality of the self-hating black. I mean, you can see it in how they draw him for fucks sake. One half of his personality is a bug eyed crazy person, nuttier than squirrel girl's asshole. The other half is the beat down, I don't give a fuck, resigned black guy whose accepted his fate as the "lesser" human being in American society.

Basically, Aaron was saying that blacks who think like Ruckus fit one of those two archetypes, either crazy or beat down to the point of complacency. Ironically, Huey is very similar to Ruckus, he's either acting wild and crazy, or resigned to accept societies slings and arrows. He just isn't aged like Ruckus is and still has fight in him.

Nope,mostly heard that shit from black kids during my childhood. Had a friend who questioned my "blackness" and called me a disgrace to my race.

My grandfather was half black/white who was openly racist, he married a white woman and pressured his daugjter to marry a white man

"gotta clean this shitty blood" he used to say

>Political satire has no metaphors, only gags

Sounds like he was kind of a jerkoff.

Uncle Tom became a slur only because racist white people created stage plays parodying the original and portraying him as a submissive weakling

Ruckus is a jerkoff.

Uncle Tom doesn't necessarily mean acting white, it means being a black person that thinks white people are better

He was supposed to represent a self-hating black guy. He's really one of the more straightforward characters.

I heard he was based on an actual black slave who fought on the confederation's side, believing blacks should be slaves.

>BLACKS white woman
>BTFOs Niggers
>eliminates the Shit Color
Holy Fuck, your Grandpa was a CHAD! And now you're just shitposting in a Korean Dick Enlargement Forum...

He represented the ugly truth.
Just look at him

I don't get why years later white people still don't understand the point of Ruckus.

That's not how you spell "hero"

I’ve met actual black folk like this in the rural Deep South

It’s weird af

Like slavery never ended

>”user, whachu doin’ out inna sun? Look how dark yo skin turnt!”

“Well we ARE black, Ms. Rosie Lee”

*uncomfortable look*

>”Yea...but...”

Racists in a Boondocks thread? I'm shocked.

a similar thing happens in some latin american/ hispanic communities. they encourage you to marry someone lighter skinned then you in an atttempt to mejorrar la raza or improve the race. then there are dominicans who dont see themselves as black no matter how dark they are and say its just native indian blood, but haitians to them are black subhumans.

My great-grandad was half-white but married a black woman. He hated black people and treated his family like shit. Grandad got sick of his shit and ran away from home to the north when he was still a teenager. Great-grandad was basically like Mr.’s Dad from the Color Purple and we’d all joke about it.

Neither. Ruckus is a self hating black man. He's pretty much ashamed to be black because his people are dumb savages.

*tips fedora*

I mean the only smart and rational black man in the show is Tom, and everyone treats him like a wimp for not being assertive.

he was a modern version of a house nigga

He was all that and more. A mouthpiece for whenever the writers just wanted to complain about black people and simple comic relief.

At some point you're supposed to realize that every single named character in the boondocks is a negative stereotype, some are just more obvious than others.

The self hating black.
The hoodrat idolizer.
The uncle tom with a white wife
The wigger.
The oldhead stuck in the past.
The white man who controls everything.
The mixed kid with confused racial identity
So on and so forth.

Even Huey, the socially conscious protagonist is portrayed as paranoid, hypocritical, and outright wrong on many occasions.