F4NTASTIC Doesn't Deserve The Hate

It was actually a cool, unique, emotional, modernization of the Fantastic Four. Miles Teller playing Mr. Fantastic was obnoxious.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MsEZBSTc3a0
medicaldaily.com/dna-ancestry-tests-are-meaningless-your-historical-genealogy-search-244586
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>F4NTASTIC
If you're gonna defend it, at least use the correct name.
>FANT4STIC

*blocks your path*

I watched it. It was bad but not to the degree that many make it out to be. It was just handled really badly and squandered any potential it had.

If they were going to race swap Johnny, they should have had the balls to race swap Sue as well. Having one of them be adopted was dumb and added nothing to the story.

Why is this considered terrible but The Vision's ridiculous plastic pink face in the MCU is well-loved?

>People want The Incredibles live action
>Let's make Chronicle 2 instead
Trank is just retarded

I wanted an actual Chronicle sequel.

Too much of a departure however that Doom was ridiculously OP. Able to blow people's heads with his mind and had absolute control over an alternate dimension. Of course he had to job to TEAMWORK.

It absolutely deserves the shit it gets. Fuck off, Trank

that screenshot looks fake as hell. Did they abuse the greenskin that much?

There's...not a single salvageable thing on that screen.
Thing looks awful
Reed looks like a special needs child
Sue should be...well, played by someone attractive if not at least someone who can act
I won't go into 'why is Johnny black' because I'm sure that's been beaten into the ground already.

They race swapped Sue last time. My god she provided me with hot Latina faps.

What gets me is why couldn't Sue be black too? Why is Johnny the go-to choice for a race swap and not Reed? Funny/nonchalant black guy character seems done to death.

I just want one FF movie where Doom's powers come from his brain (magic and science) and he has an actual advanced as fuck suit of armor, and not were he gets retarded electricity and TK powers. If we ever get another live action Doom, I don't even want to ever see his face, just go the Vader route where it's some stunt guy in a suit and just have someone like James Earl Jones, Viggo or Mads do only the voice.

Well that could theoretically happen now if another F4 movie is done in the MCU. There's a precedent given Iron Man technology and Doctor Strange magic

It was a fraction of a movie. Maybe it doesn't deserve the hate, but that's because there isn't enough of a movie in there to hate.

That screenshot is a great example of how slipshod the effects were. You can see the green from the greenscreen in her hair.

There's a script for an unmade one called Chronicle 2: Martyr that you can find online.

It was basically just BvS, just probably filmed in found footage so, take that for what you will

>script found online

So basically it’s not getting made, gotcha

it's been shelved permanently at this point, I believe but even so the script was from landis who had been kicked off the project even before the shelving

He had ONE movie under his belt, and FOX thought it was a good idea to hand him such a large IP. There was no ruined vision, despite his claims. FOX checked in to see a complete mess, and it didn't even have an ending at the time. He spent most of his time drinking and telling actors when to blink

When you typed that out, did it sound stupid to you too?

Oh man I forgot Landis was involved with Chronicle, too.

bit like Rian Johnson and Colin Trevorrow with Star Wars, innit

Please find this post to be confirmation that the sum total of $51.48 has been deposited into your bank account, courtesy of Josh Trank. Thank you for your patronage.

Oh come on. New Star Wars has its flaws but this. This was “Fan4stic”. It’s liem comparing room temperature milk with nuclear medical waste.

not really, but if that's what you gotta tell yourself go with it user.

There was talk about how badly the production was going. IIRC someone who worked on the effects showed up to share early script drafts and mention things like how the 3D wasn't going to be used (which ended up being true) and how the limited time to get it done would mean either they need to get paid more from Fox or Fox would need to go get someone else to finish it.

shillbot?
take your tired ass jokes back to plebbit

well we don't know what Colin Trevorrow's Star Wars would look like since Disney came to their senses before it was too late

but I can easily imagine it being a Fant4stic-tier debacle

Colin Trevorrow's film equivalent to Fantastic Four would be Jurassic World, not Star Wars. In fact there was an article about how Studios kept trying to get untried directors for tentpole franchises and implied a studio liked how one was going (Jurassic World) and how another studio had a bad time (Fant4stic)

Amazing. Every single word in this post is completely wrong

I hate TLJ just about as much as anybody does, but filmmaking disasters like Fant4stic only happen once every twenty or thirty years.

A mixed relationship isn't as 'marketable' probably

first time i tried this it wouldn't let me post because it thought it was spam...but changed the word reddit to plebbit and it worked..
did reddit become a spam word?

It does, there may be some degree of hyperbole when talking about how bad it is but it wasn't good. It had some redeeming points but they were drowned out by an overall poorly put together movie.

No because both Johnson and Trevorrow directed more released films (in general) than Trank before getting a chance Star Wars.

Johnson had Brick, Brothers Bloom and Looper; Trevorrow had Safety Not Guaranteed and Jurassic World before doing Star Wars (and then getting leaving the project).

Trank only has Chronicle in his credits before getting Fant4stic. In fact wasn't he tapped to do a Star Wars spin-off before the Fant4stic production went horribly wrong?

>such a large IP
Come on, the main point was just to keep the rights. Even the original movies weren't that great and the comics weren't the consistent sellers they used to be. Fantastic Four is famous for things it had done as a property not what it was doing.

Don'y deny that, but it went from a property guaranteed to get a decent number of butts in seats to crashing it into the fucking ground

It was dull, user, incredibly dull.

What is there in the film that could be described as 'fantastic'? The set design is bland and lifeless, the characters have little meaningful interaction, and the plot manages to drag and rush at the same time.

The scene where Doom is walking down the hallway is well made. I think people overlook it because of how bizarre his character design is.

Doesn't suit a Fantastic Four film, though.

>Latinos
>not white
Maybe it's because I'm an Anglo but I never got why Americans consider people white or not based on if their first language is Spanish.

Going by skin colour, if she's not white, neither are Italians.

>Miles Teller is obnoxious
ftfy

You're thinking of Hispanics, Latinos are specifically people from Central and South America, who are generally non-white, and includes Brazilians, who have Portuguese as their first language.

I didnt know Maria Bamford played Sue, might have to watch it now

she's 87% European

WHERE'S MY FUCKING MONEY REED

DNA ancestry tests are generally complete toss

ofc, I only use the Spanish caste system

Alba did a DNA test and found that she was 100% white Spanish / European. She freaked out because she'd spent her life believing she was a mestiza and had all these hold ups.

>if she's not white, neither are Italians.
Americans indeed do not consider Italians to be white.

And I think that Italians also doesn't consider this majority of the Americans as white

Please find this post to be confirmation that the sum total of $Fuck.You has been deposited into your face, courtesy of my fist. Thank you for your patronage.

Has she ever done nude photoshots? If so, look at her nipples. If they are pink then she's white. If they are brown, then she's a fair skinned non white.

>"Chino"
>80%+ white ancestry. Single black ancestor.
>Still looks dark skinned as fuck
How fucking shit are the light skin gens that one black ancestor three generations ago would still have that result?

>Sue should be...well, played by someone attractive

Now, now. Let's not get gay.

medicaldaily.com/dna-ancestry-tests-are-meaningless-your-historical-genealogy-search-244586

That's a DRAWING my dude

She's got a face that reminds me of a lost, abused and beaten down puppy, like, beaten to the point of not being cute anymore

I was thinking of doing this bullshit last year and found out that if you're from a Latin American country doing one of these is pointless because there's less accurate data than for people of European descent for some reason.

Americans see Spanish people as a different race because most here tend to be brown.

Unironically the least bad Fantastic Four movie made since the year 2000.

it's pointless for everyone, really. There's no specific "region genes" they're looking for, they're basically just guessing.

Jones is a fantastic choice, but I feel like we should have one of the old voice actors instead like Joseph Sirola, heck even Lex Lang from the Avengers cartoon

It's funny to think that Dr. Doom is quite possibly the greatest comic book villain ever written, but that he's effectively tied to shit-tier superheroes like the F4.

The Fantastic Four have aged like milk in the sun, while Doom as a character has only gotten better. The world doesn't need nor want F4, they want DOOM

you're not wrong

The article seems to be mainly focusing on people trying to find specific ancestors, not so much on portions of your ancestry
>"With advanced testing you can provide a general ancestry indication i.e. Northern European, Western Africa or Middle Eastern and in some cases even more specific," said David Nicholson, director of the DNA Worldwide group to BBC News.
Which if I understand is what Alba did
>"DNA cannot tell you that your ancestors were Viking, simply that your ancestry came from a part of the world common to the Vikings based on historic facts. It's important to talk to the company who provide the testing to make sure your expectations are realistic".
Also why use "viking"? that isn't a race or ethnic group. Norse seems more appropriate.
I'm not sure how that's meaningless if that's what someone is trying to find out. Also this was published five years ago

Miles Teller is a douche in every movie.

i went into this movie expecting something different from the comics and with the mindset i have come to love it. i also loved there re imagining of doctor doom

Whiplash would have sucked without JKS

upvoted for that Sherlock reference!

Try reading Kirby and shut the fuck up.

>we've finally reached the point where Sup Forumsntrarianism makes people defend Fan4stic
I guess it took long enough

She has nice light brown nipples. Not super dark. I seen them in that one movie.

> I seen them in that one movie.
nigga you best be telling me which

wheres Things undies?

"too silly".

She's got top tier hips tho
and I like "man faces"

consider also, though:
>"As a result, almost every Briton is a descendant of Viking hordes, Roman legions, African migrants, Indian Brahmins, or anyone else they fancy"

and there's been no new study or method that's proven more effective in the past 5 years

Exactly, why don't people understand that this is Fantastic Four Elseworlds (To Possibly Connect with X-Men in Future)

The Sleeping Dictionary

I'm not even sure which study they're referencing in that bit. Are they implying out of those specific groups, britons are just as likely to be related to african migrants as they are to viking legions or that they share ancestors generally speaking?

I don't think they're referencing a specific study, just saying that once you go back more than a few generations, your DNA is going to start looking very similar to everyone else's

>take your tired joke
>uses such a tired joke the spam filter catches it
Wew.

no, FF was awful