Paranatural

>good talk

I'm back! Things are still touch and go and I might have come back too soon, but I will keep you all posted. Thanks for reading!

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/613596269408350208
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I swear this is going to drag on for another year at this rate.

>haha funny face
>0 backgrounds

Jesus Christ, where did this comic go wrong?

Hijack once again confirming that he's still a batter pedagogue than Spender.

I can’t believe I like Hijack as much as I do.

When Zack became more liberal and basically started to gay everyone. Also when the comment section got closed off actually, despite it getting toxic. Having fans could actually help you or break you depending on who you are or how you work.

When you close off that fanbase because a bunch of retards get triggered for just a couple of asshats. You basically just fucked yourself over.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH

I've seen comment sections on a lot of webcomics, and a lot of them just offer the same mindless praise in spite of quality, so I'm not too sure that would've helped.

>that feel when your style improves

Not only zero backgrounds, but liberal use of obscuring "smoke" so he can avoid drawing half the foreground as well. This is truly a level beyond mere mortal hackery.

I remember when each pannel showed a world of its own with tons of sprits doing shit in the background

>hijack's running away again
Oh great. Really was kind of a stretch when I said *20 more weeks" in the last thread.

Behold, Paranatural's last great page.

>same chapter

I can't believe this page was 20 years ago

It's a standard anime trope used in this case to convey information about the characters, which is pretty much always been Zack's bread and butter.

The comment section got closed because people were exploiting a bug in Disqus and commenting on pages that didn't exist yet.

>I might have come back too soon
AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH

Do you think that aspiring cartoonists look at people like Owlturd and Zach and vow to never end up like them?

If any of you read this give your thoughts on the matter please desu

>he vows never to end up successful
ok

Comparing this page to the latest pages jsut makes me fucking depressed. Is there any way that we can just go back and fix all of this, bors?

I forgive you user, after reading nuparanatural for so long it's easy to forget what real jokes are.

Definitely. No matter how bad things get, I will never surround myself with hugbox friends who tell me that having a shitty work ethic is okay.

>it's another episode of that one guy who doesn't really give a shit about quality or being good at all as long as they make money

Nice ideals bud

probably the most enthusiasm his latest fans have shown him in his life is when he decided to pretend to have no gender. that's not my idea of success.

How's being poor treating you?

What?

I have an average amount of money, how's being content with mediocrity treating you

>Isaac goes D:
What's this suppose to convey besides "o shit he strong" if it's so prominent here? Are we gonna have to bare with another bloody monologue from him again?

If only Max had shut the hell up about the "agent" thing.

I love the idea of Max getting into a massive quarrel with Isaac over hiding stuff from him as much as the next guy - because that would be some DELICIOUS drama...but it's just feels so rushed and hard to understand, considering Max didn't indicate any reason to keep mum about it.

>Owlturd
At least Shen doesn't try to do something as heavy as technicolour™ thriller serials.

Isaac is obsessed with beating Hijack on his own to impress Spender for mysterious reasons because nothing about Isaac's character makes any fucking sense whatsoever since Hack doesn't understand the concept of show not tell. Since Lucifer and Hijack made it look like his lightning blast of background deletion didn't do anything we're probably about to get one or two pages of yet more retarded fucking angst.

that sounds more like a bug on zack's part, we used to have that bug on ssss, it got resolved fairly quick

I'd assume Zack was kind of a newbie on the tech support part. Still, the fault's on some of the commenters too, since Zack did explicitly warn them to stop but they wouldn't listen.

twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/613596269408350208

Zack is too entrenched in the echo chamber now. Criticism of any kind, constructive or not, doesn't reach him anymore. He's a lost cause.

>in comic's "About" page
>"Paranatural is a comedy/action comic"
>"comedy"

I can't recall a single time when anyone has ever interacted with him in a critical way or even tried to do so over the years since the comments closed (and even then, they were getting more and more obnoxious than anything).

Are you guys actually autistic? Isaac was horrified that he almost murdered or at least severely wounded Spender, something it's heavily implied that he accidentally did right before.

That's why Hijack doesn't escape when he has the chance, but instead takes the time to reassure Isaac that he's okay, because a three year old science project is actually a much better leader/teacher than the real Spender.

comic having gays and art declining are correlated but not caused by each other.

The wrists

>When Zack became more liberal
lel

It's like night and day. Can we tell Zack that he's white washing his comic by making it so desaturated? That will get him to change back to good colors right?

I certainly do but Zack is fundamentally different from me so I doubt it could happen at least on this level. For one he's way funnier than me so I can't just stop making my comic funny on accident like he did.

I remember when he did streams with Soulkarl and CEO of Death and Dan was trying to give him some tips on how to make his workflow better but it didn't take. God that feels like ten years ago.

Yeah that's why I feel like Sup Forums has a bad read on Zack. Like it'd be one thing if he just sicced his goons on anyone who dared criticize him at all, but I don't really see proof that he's receiving criticism, much less criticism not laced with easily-dismissed Sup Forumsbits.

Unironically this. Zack closed off the comments because people got pissy over someone exploiting the ability to get 'first' before the page was actually up. Literally the most retarded reason.

Just like his friend Hussie

Oh fuck he's running, this is going to be at least 6 more pages of nothing.

Spot on. This page actually made me really like Hijack.

>all this misgendering

Don’t you bigots know Zach is nonbinary now? :^)

when it became literally one Le Funny Face on every page without fail, no matter what the current situation was

Stop reading comics you hate.

Ohhh
Thankyou user, I could not work out what the heck was supposed to be going on here, but now I can see the intention.

Not because people got pissy. He got pissy that people were using it to do stupid shit like that making him have to delete a bunch of comments on every page.

Was the word 'buffer' involved?

No he was showing him how to use color layers in photoshop.

>hey man i found a cool setting, it's called Saturation

Flipping obviously, yeah.

I mean I know the latest hiatAAAAAAAARRRGGH has drawn on and on but the look of shock at losing control of his powers, after having finally indulged his rage and urges for violence without hesitation, was crystal clear on Isaac's face just two pages ago.

I'm glad we finally have a good example of why people don't tell Isaac anything.

Maybe he'll start using a tool and stop using his host powers after this.

So... King Catnine's fingers are within Isaac's field of vision right? Like they're not just outside it to the point where Isaac thinks it was all his fault, right?

Not feasible, partner spirits share the same mental space, any attempt at a replacement would be killed by Catnine, which is also why possessing Isaac is suicidal. Which reminds me... I guess Zarei forgot to have Hijack possess her to test out what happens when he takes control of a spectral? Because yeah that's a major weakness.

We'll stop misgendering him when the comic is good again. Maybe.

How many pages or chapters you wanna bet Zack wouldn't take the pressure anymore and bail out?

>yfw stuff like this you might as well not see until the next casus belli mundi even if Zack still wants to carry on PNAT work

I give it two chapters, with this chapter ending after another 100 pages of fucking nothing. I mean jesus fuck, it's taken him almost 250 pages to get what feels the 3/4 through this chapter. I can also see the art getting considerably worse, which doesn't sound possible.

That sounds it would take at least 5 years or more. If he had that level of endurance, I’d almost be impressed, especially with his wrist problems.

Last panel looks horrendous. The weight in Isaac's gesture is all wrong, it looks like he's getting up rather than falling to the ground.

>Hijack/Spender are suddenly talking in unison
So is this Zack intentionally doing this only now for effect on Hijack putting his foot down (only to spoil the mood in the last two panels) or did it only just dawn on him that the two of them would be talking at once?

By the way, the nature of Spender's possession by Lucifer is identical to that of what ever was controlling Max, so I guess we got confirmation that this is something that spirits can general do. Maybe this is an ability that the spirits have intentionally kept spectres from knowing about?

>suddenly
Well they started out doing that.

Though he doesn't do it all the time it seems.

It was pretty impossible to tell, I had to go back and reread.

What happened to the hole in Isaac's collar from Garcia's straw?

Wow Isaac's hands sure look beautiful.

He's channeling the pain in his wrist to Isaac.

I only call people by their preferred pronoun if I personally respect them. Otherwise I call them like I see it.

As it turns out, I don't have to call people by a lot of different pronouns with this system.

Somewhere around "placeholder gays", I think.

That would explain why all of the kids' arms look swollen as fuck now. Did they go to the gym for a few months between chapters?

He better start saving up for that cyborg wrist they'll invent around Paranatural chapter 7.

How many times in this fight have they swapped from SERIOUS FIGHT to SILLY? Fuck, you can't pull the same twist every freaking page.

I feel like that's just Hijack's thing. He wants to be cool, and has powers that would make him very dangerous, but he's really completely lame and an idiot. And it'd probably be a cute character quirk if we weren't STILL IN THIS SAME FUCKING PLOT ARC JESUS HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN GOING

I think it's also because when he was possessing Jeff, he wanted to cause trouble and also counter-bully Johnny and his gang, but he doesn't have any beef at all with Isaac and thus doesn't want to beat up a child especially since he has an adult's body and might be more aware of his own strength after breaking Max's arm(s?)

Isaac was made to suffer.

I hate first worlders so fucking much.

>updates mon/fri
HA!

>Zack's webcomic friends teach him the ways of abandoning your work ethic
>switched to tue/fri so he had more time for updates
>update rate has been completely fucked ever since
Really makes you think.

I mean this is literally his first strip back since a wrist injury and he claims he might be rushing the recovery, too... Give him some time.

I do agree, though, the magic of the early stories was the wealth of background art.

This is why people like manga better
People churn out entire chapters in the length of time this guy makes a few pages
Hire an intern, get him to color this stuff while you make b/w chapters

I mean, really, this doesn’t even update daily

>I mean, really, this doesn’t even update daily
Which webcomics do?

he's not going to ever recover
he should have let it heal completely and make some accommodations, but instead he'll push, thus leaving his wrist in a state of constant pain.
and constant bad quality of the art
you need to go b/a/ck
Garfield..?

>Vibe
>absolutely fucking fantastic
>chapter 2: never
FFFFFFFFFFFFF

>which is also why possessing Isaac is suicidal
Excuse me?

You mean having a secret second spirit? I don't think it's the same. Nobody else knew about it because he never let anyone into his brain room. If BL were allowed into Spender's room she'd probably see the Dark Sun since it's a prominent feature in his mind. Which is different seemingly from what Max has got that's mostly undetectable to her.

Suicidal for Hijack. The second he enters, Catnine's going to slaughter him.

No it's just a part of the super round babyish style he's drawing in now.

Zach shut himself out and fucking sucks now, he's one of the most scummiest sellouts i've ever seen in the webcomic community.

Stand Still Stay Silent comes damn close, in all honesty. And unlike most others (coughcoughcoughParanaturalcoughcoughcough), it's plot, themes and general atmosphere are mostly consistent throughout the entire thing.

I wonder if Steve still reads and was happy when Alex got a scene. I know I wasn't.

Has she ever shown process videos of her pages? Because with the art she puts out her update schedule should not be possible.

Can we just talk about how that transparent cat with organs made out of other cats is quite possibly the best thing ever devised by human hands?

>You mean having a secret second spirit? I don't think it's the same

>the nature of Spender's possession by Lucifer is identical to that of what ever was controlling Max
I was wondering if anyone else noticed it. Look at the first panel. Two speech bubble stems, just like when Max was possessed. The Hijack thing is to demonstrate that Spender's body is talking physically while Hijack is speaking mentally. Spender's actual personality/mind is suppressed by Hijack as evidenced by Jeff's reaction as well; the Hijacked are not aware they're being Hijacked.
When Isaac spoke while possessed in Chapter 3 (see pic) he only had one stem. Because it was only Isaac speaking, not Catnine.
With the current page, it's Lucifer speaking through Spender's body, which manifests as two stems, since it's coming from a different source-Lucifer.

Ergo, Max was being possessed and spoken through same as Lucifer does with Spender here. We already knew this, though.

Sure but the nature of Spender's and Max's possessions I don't think are the same.