Toonami Ratings for 1/20/18

Space Dandy is replacing Lupin next week somewhere on the schedule no one cares

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Set for 2018.

Last week ratings showed us new lows, with midnight Jojo barely clearing 500k. This week the drops stop, but the numbers remain in typically shitty areas. Lupin decided to lose to Naruto one last time. Maybe Outlaw Star will do better this week being a little earlier

10:30 Dragon Ball Super 1068 0.51 658
11:00 Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 844 0.39 507
11:30 Black Clover 626 0.29 374
12:00a Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 540 0.26 338
12:30a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 502 0.25 319
1:00a Hunter X Hunter 487 0.24 315
1:30a Lupin the 3rd: Part 4 419 0.22 285
2:00a Naruto: Shippuden 427 0.22 287
2:30a Outlaw Star 396 0.20 261
3:00a Cowboy Bebop (r) 434 0.21 274
3:30a Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG (r) 383 0.19

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BFRdNL9Gki8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

STOP! SHE'S ALREADY DEAD!

huh, thinking about it we can't rule out simuldub shows on funimation's website anymore because of black clover

anyways, they're good people

>Super is ending in Nipland.
Welp, there officially goes Toonami. It was nice knowing all of ya.

It's just a break

Meme Clover drops the ratings like it drops a hot deuce in the commode

It's CANCELLED.

Shut up you know you'll watch it!!!

Toonami is 77 episodes behind Japan. Even if this is the end of Super in Japan, we still have episodes here through the end of 2019.

The peabrains who said Black Clover will SAVE US are wrong and I've tried warning you!

HE will SAVE US!

Flop X Flop

Nah man, HxH only lost 15k overall viewers from Gundam and only lost 4k in the target demo. It's still extremely good at retaining audiences.

that's why it should be the first show after the dragon ball combo

Man, can Jojo just end already?

Part 5 soon

>jojo is the problem

Here's last week's numbers:

>10:30 Dragon Ball Super 904 0.37
>11:00 Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 761 0.34
>11:30 Black Clover 609 0.29
>12:00a Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 508 0.21
>12:30a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 455 0.19
>1:00a Hunter X Hunter 460 0.22
>1:30a Lupin the 3rd: Part 4 428 0.21
>2:00a Naruto: Shippuden 430 0.21
>2:30a Outlaw Star 421 0.20
>3:00a Cowboy Bebop (r) 412 0.21
>3:30a Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG (r) 370 0.19

Good Lord, look at that demo for DB Super! I guess people were waiting patiently until Goku Black came along, huh? I feel bad for Black Clover, despite it being cookie-cutter as ever, at least the side characters are pretty cool.

>Lupin III: Part IV Ratings Retrospective

Average Rating: 488,615

Highest Rating: 595,000 Ep. 3 on July 8, 2017 @ 2:00

Lowest Rating: 419,000 Ep. 26 on January 20, 2018 @ 1:30

Terrible. What a waste of a slot

Holy shit! Look at Super's ratings right there. BASED GOKU NEGRO.

Well, Lupin is never getting run on the block ever again. Do you have the rundown for any other completed series?

What ones do you want to know?

Let's go with AgK, KLK and One Piece. With data, at the very least, we can shutdown the show posters.

The show everyone wants to come back, One Piece

Also, is the average for 18-49 or overall?

Pretty obvious it's overall

So anyone got any theories on why everyone tuned out of Lupin? I blame it on being just a part of a long-running series. It expects the viewers to already know the characters and setup at that point which made people pass on it.

Thematically, it was just a bad fit to the block. I don't particularly dislike Lupin, but compared to most of the stuff on the block, it was just off.

Honestly I feel like the problem is people just don't care as much anymore. I've said it in the past but But they need to make previews for all the show that can been shown over the week, not just super. I'm sure that will draw some moderate amounts of attention and get someone curious.

>everyone
Speak for yourself. For all the shit BC gets, it still has less autistic screaming than OP

Lupin is just too goofy. Same issue OP had. Other issue I could see is Lupin being such a Mary Sue gets pretty dull. No matter how bad things look, Lupin has some asspull ready to go to save his bacon. But it's played 100% serious and that Lupin really had a keikaku 20 steps ahead

Why aren't they getting something like the Garo anime for the block?
It's the right amount of shonen and edge

Because Demarco is only interested in nostalgia despite it killing the block

I am speaking for myself, for I am everyone who wants it to come back

>tfw you've been phoneposting in toonami general for almost three years now because some Sup Forums mod prema'd you for one off-color remark

>Kill la Kill Ratings Retrospective:

Average Rating (Premiere Run): 1,113,167

Highest Rating (Premiere Run): 1,356,000 Ep. 12 on April 25, 2015 @ 12:30

Lowest Rating (Premiere Run): 979,000 Ep. 8 March 28, 2015 @ 12:30

Average Rating (2nd Run): 697,167

Highest Rating (2nd Run): 921,000 Ep. 6 November 14, 2015 @ 3:00

Lowest Rating (2nd Run): 547,000 Ep. 10 January 2, 2016 @ 3:00

Average Rating (Marathon): 772,667

Tell me more.

>banned from Sup Forums
What'd you say?

>Akame ga Kill! Ratings Retrospective:

Average Rating (Premiere): 1,244,958

Highest Rating (Premiere): 1,822,000 Ep. 1 on August 8, 2015 @ 12:30

Lowest Rating (Premiere): 1,017,000 Ep. 18 on January 9, 2016 @ 12:30

Average Rating (Marathon): 736,000

best girl, best show, best ratings

Goodness, the absolute state of the block. Thanks for these, user! There's just One Piece left now.

I don't currently have a One Piece one ready at the moment, so you're going to have to wait until tomorrow.

That's okay. Given the information that you've posted, it's clear that we've fallen quite far. On top of that, it looks like we're forever trying to outpace streaming services on a horse.

What are the odds that Demarco reruns Kai?

Current Series End Dates (accounting for marathons):
Dragon Ball Super - November 16, 2019
Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - June 23, 2018
Black Clover - January 19, 2019
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - August 11, 2018
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - April 21, 2018
Hunter X Hunter - June 29, 2019
Space Dandy - August 4, 2018
Naruto: Shippuden - December 7, 2024
Outlaw Star - March 17, 2018
Cowboy Bebop - March 31, 2018
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - May 12, 2018

>2 slots in March
>1 slot in April
>1 slot in May
>1 slot in June
>2 slots in August

One of those is getting FLCL, but since we lose two slots in March on the back end of the block, what happens?

We've got 5 slots opening up in the spring, 1 is probably going to FLCL, another one is probably going to a rerun (Big O is my first guess, but they might decide to rerun one of the shows that just finished at the end of the block). So that's still 3 slots to fill. I wouldn't rule out them just shrinking the block as needed either.

But the fact remains we'll probably be getting new stuff in about 2 months, and I have no idea what is on the table right now. I've heard nothing regarding any series Toonami is interested in.

>but since we lose two slots in March on the back end of the block, what happens?
They have a few options
>Big O (at least season 2, though season 1 may be a possibility now)
>IGPX
>FLCL (the original)
>Samurai Jack (run the original seasons)
>Attack on Titan (giving season 2 one more run before the inevitable season 3 airing in the summer)

What reruns would you WANT to see? I'd like to see casshern sins again mainly because I missed quite a few episodes.

Trigun.

Hamtaro or Wulin Warriors

madoka magica
When They Cry
Trigun
Sailor Moon Crystal (dont meme on me)

I'm going to try to trick him into a Kai rerun question at the Q&A. If he doesn't just say no, then we know it's coming

NONE. Fuck reruns. There's literally no motivation to stay up for the block if it's airing a bunch of reruns

How is it Jojo to IBO has such a great retention rate?

Because after Kai ends everyone has fucked off except the super hardcore fans who think if they miss a week it will get cancelled. So they watch stuff they hate just for the thought of saving the block

Occasionally shirtless lewd dudes. Faggots, in a word.

>Ian Sinclair and Chris Sabat are doing the Pop Team Epic dub
>pretty sure I heard some Chuck Huber in the background but not sure

What show is that gif from?

The main characters are only voiced by men for the first episode as a gag based on an earlier Poptepic strip

Each episode has had male and female tracks so far in the original japanese

1. Calling it "Part 4" shut out normies who didn't know that there's no continuity. They weren't going to jump in in the middle of some franchise

2. The action was very light, making it a poor fit for the block

3. As a long-time Lupin fan, the overarching Rebecca storyline was *lame*

4. The series lacked the wit that the red jacket Pioneer localization had. contrary to many here, I think 100% faithful translations with no localization are not appropriate for broadcast TV, as most people are not weebs

Really Interested in:
Trigun
Kikaider
Cyborg 009

Moderately interested in:
BTAS
Bobobo
Thundercats (original series)

Would watch with you guys for the lols:
Wulin Warriors
Real Adventures of Jonny Quest

Trigun woulda been super fucking neato a few months ago, slap that shit up there with bebop and outlaw star.

And I wanna see Kenshin again, fuck that scorched earth shit

Hunter X Hunter

>demarco goes out to get kenshin again
>unknowingly gets the sony dub because its cheaper

youtube.com/watch?v=BFRdNL9Gki8

Just a reminder.

It's gonna be shit. Yeah, we all know this already.

Why do you act like anyone even cares?

Same reason people said agk will be shit
black clover
lupin
etc

Black Clover and Lupin were both ratings pits so don't really support your argument

personal opinions, not the ratings. you are broadly speaking that its going to suck, meanwhile others said other shows suck and they are turning out to be alright

Is anyone working on this show that worked on the sequel besides the Seatbelts?

>next time on Jojo's
>WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING

I said no one cares. Which will be reflected in its ratings

Not a single person. Which is why most people have already written it off as garbage.

You can do better..

Survive the night.

Not this week. Last two weeks were an aberration. We die early this week, just like Ponzu.

>contrary to many here
This is Sup Forums, not Sup Forums.

>But it's played 100% serious and that Lupin really had a keikaku 20 steps ahead

>There are still people who can't understand that Lupin is a comedy first and foremost

Kind of toonami related but I meet the voice of Hisoka he is really cool is panel about Voice Acting was also pretty good.

He's top quality.

>Android 21 will never turn your dick into candy

I'd like that too. It would be fun to watch the Shishio arc with you guys.

Why don't they air Inuyasha? Need that Ferris wheel ending.

Inuyasha had some of the comfiest endings in anime.

Because it's a couple hundred episode rerun

I remember back when Toonami was first returning
Everyone on the animenewsnetwork forums wanted them to air Angel Beats.

While the music was nice, we don't need that again, especially after they aired Final Act.

Adding to this, going from news and stuff, we should be able to figure out what studios Toonami has a good relationship with:

>Funimation - strained, is low priority with titles, barring AoT and anything Dragonball
>Viz: Outside of Shippuden, no idea
>Aniplex: Been a good while since we had an Aniplex show, my guess is about a year or longer
>Sentai: Still good, but the last title we got was Parasyte

I could be wrong about all of that, but it's a good springboard for discussion.

>Toonami Ratings from Last Week
Ok
>BBC says that Adolescence might last to 10 to 24
>Enzo Amore gets fired
WHAT?!?!

>Viz: Outside of Shippuden, no idea
You forgot Hunter x Hunter, JoJo, and One-Punch Man (just to name recent shows). I'd say Toonami has a solid relationship with Viz.

>mfw we can blame another anime and have JoJo run all the way through part 6

It was an insane night last week due to Bellator and UFC both having events last night. It was an amazing night for a MMA fan. Who needs asian cartoons when the American Gangsta is fighting?

Then again, how many fucking losers who watch toonami actually enjoy watching the greatest sport?

Oh shit, those totally slipped my mind. Viz aside, would you say that the rest of it is accurate, though?

So basically what we need to save Toonami are more violent shows with hot chicks?

Who and who were both having amazing nights and who was fighting?

Yes but said violence has to have a likable cast, otherwise it will end up like Tokyo Ghoul.

Haven't seen much of the action of it so far, but Darling in the Franxx definately has hot chicks.

It's a split-cour series. I was hoping Demarco would try to pick it up in the Spring, then it could simulcast the second half in the Summer. Or it could work with them just picking it up in Summer and running through Fall.

>Darling in the Franxx
Is this the one with the Gurren Lagann people working on it?

It's A-1 and Trigger. Not sure how much the breakdown of work is.