"He may have been your father but he aint you daddy."

>"He may have been your father but he aint you daddy."

It's the same fucking thing. What the fuck?

Clearly you are European

Do you not speak Anglo cultural dialects user?
Because its a given that you don't

"He may have been your biological father, but he aint the one who loved and cared for you."

They're not the same.

Sounds like a text image macro that a trashy teenage girl would post on her Facebook.

Actually, an extra trashy adult girl, more likely.

Your daughter may call you father, but she calls me daddy.

This is the sort of thing husbands tell their wife's son to try and stop him from hanging around Tyrone.

>He may have created you, but he wasn't your father
>He didn't raise you, keep you safe, watch you struggle, and become impressed when you overcame obstacles
>He didn't get pissed off when you tried shit, and feel immense relief when you wriggled out of it
>He didn't love your ingenious little tricks
>And he sure as hell ain't as proud of you as I am

>This thread again.
You know exactly what he meant.

>Actually naming kids Tyrone and Chadwick
>Actually being intimidated by these names as a meme

You guys need to look up the origin of these names sometime

>What's the story, my cracker friend? Say, you wouldn't let me borrow a dollar, would ya?
>Good heavens Tyrone, that's so unsophisticated of you, and unbecoming of oneself. Typical Irishman

>just like my own damn parents who sold me, their own little baby to slavery. I know who you are boy, because you're me.
So, why was Rocket there at the end of the movie? Shouldn't he be dead?

Mispost, my bad.

One is his blood relative, the other is the person who raised him up and cared for him and made him the man he is.

He is your biological father but I am the one who raised you so I am more of a father to you than him.

i dont know!

Father denotes the person who is responsible for your genetic make-up. IE. the guy that fucked your mom.

But dad / daddy denotes the man who raised you in a positive way and was there for you.

He sperm'd you. But I learn'd you.

He didn't have a black childhood.

Daddy means father not "good father"

Dad, Daddy, father is all the same shit

Imagine being this autistic. Good thing you'll never be a daddy..

Is it hard living with autism?

SEETHING

European here, he's fuckin Russian or something

those fucks don't even understand the concept of abuse

only because you've both had your dicks in the same place

SEETHING INTENSIFIES

Linguistically, maybe. In a broadly generalized social sense, "father" is understood to be short for "biological father" (e.g., "YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER"), while "dad" is understood to refer to the man who loved and raised a child, even if that child is not their own. You don't need to be a father to be a dad, and you don't need to be a dad to be a father.

This has been a lesson in linguistics and social understandings. Accept it or don't, I ain't your fuckin' daddy.

>father. Biological.
>daddy. The man who taught you how to be one.

>In a broadly generalized social sense
Source:ASS

Connotations, son. You don't call your own dad "father".

>You don't call your own dad "father".
What the hell?

Father is super awkward and too formal.

Thread

Well, unless you're some kind of cartoon posh kid stereotype.

You're autistic, seek counseling

What country do you live in?

>He is your biological parent, but not he is not your parental figure.

You would refer to him as father but you wouldn't address him as such.

Father is very formal, whereas dad (and especially daddy) are more casual/intimate titles, which can show closer relationships between the child and their parent.

He means that Ego may have been his fiddly-fond fatherino, but he wasn't his ding-dong diddly daddily daddy-roo

You know this has me wondering how it's handled in various languages. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work as well in my native tongue (French) but I've only watched it in English. Besides our translaters even fucked up "I am Groot" for some reason.

...what? How do you fuck that up?

First of all, the normal way to introduce oneself in French is "I'm called [name]" ("Je m'appelle [nom]") rather than "I am [name]" ("Je suis [nom]"), but the latter is also acceptable.
They went with the former however but for some reason they went with the grammatically incorrect "I is called Groot" ("Je s'appelle Groot") rather than "I'm called Groot" ("Je m'appelle Groot"). "Je suis Groot" would have worked fine, and in fact would have worked better with the "We are Groot" moment.
My best guess is that it's from the comics' translation but it just seems nonsensical regardless.

Can't tell if bait or genuine autism.

This is the correct answer.

You motherfuckers will argue about anything, holy shit.

I do it because it annoys him in a way he can't complain about.

I do. Rarely I address my parents by their first name.

This is a shit thread, but can we address how this dude sold kids into labor mines (at best) and/or sex slavery (at mediumest) and we treated him like some great hero by the end of it

Again?

The sword with the gun as long as he has range.

What if gun with a sword had prep time?

he wans't their daddy

If he can't get close his sword is useless, but if he can get near before the sword draws his gun, he could probably win.

What if gun with a sword can fire himself? Maybe his trigger is a limb he can move on his own.

Sword with a gun in an open field
Gun with a sword in close quarter combat.
Odds are still in favor of Sword with a Gun.

If the sword has his gun out already, it comes down to who can get a clean shot off first. The gun is still at a disadvantage there as the sword is a smaller target.

dumbfucks. the gun with the sword has a better aim. the sword it carries is superfluous.

It's probably more resistant too.

Literal autism.

I don't see a finger on the trigger for Gun with Sword, whereas Sword with Gun already has his finger on the trigger, meaning he already has intent of shoot and kill.

Boy, this is a great example of projection mr samefag

>tfw father was a deadbeat who died when I was a little kid anyway
>mom got remarried
>step father wasn't my daddy either and mostly ignored me

my grandpa was my daddy
I used to call him dad when I was very young because that's what I saw my mom doing and I didn't know the difference. I think that's sorta sad
he died last year ;_;

Father is very formal and typically is considered a cold and disconnected usage to call someone, it lacks the emotional connection. You see in stories the father who pays no attention to his children the son will say "hello father" and the father will be dethatched and not connecting. Their responsibility stopped when they let you be born and anything extra is just a perk for you.

Daddy has a more playful and emotionally connect connotation. It is informal, and shows personal connection, It shows affection or to the person you say it too or speak off. I think of someone saying daddy who is a son to a father i think of a small child learning to walk and laughing and the father smiling, the father who is there to catch their child if they fall taking those first steps. One that tucks the child in, read the a story. Also teaches them right from wrong.