JSA Storytime: Question

Good evening owls,

the server is robust?

I think we're back. Been waiting for this all night. have fun with legacy capcha disabled.

'robust' is what you used to call it when you beat someone to death with a toolbox in space station 13

it was, once upon a time, the mocking rallying cry of fandom_wank

Hello, Storyteller.

Site's unborked. Now everyone can get back to whining about Da SJWs.

Speaking of which, hi Ollie.

Malin seems to want to continue working in big 2 about as much as fan do. evs' dog whistling pretty well

lol at the whole thing

I found the patreon launch pretty funny. And nobody made a fucking "crypto-fascist but..." joke, what the hell.

He fucking whined about having to draw more on that stream.

he's never gonna work for Marvel again lol

and with his slagging on his editors, he'll never work at DC either

He also slagged Zub and Brisson for not considering what he is capable of when writing their scripts.

why are these called "jsa", when it's just about question and not the jsa?

Out of all he's said...that bit is still the most puzzling

I don't think his artist + writer have to line up + editor has to smooth that out complaint was wrong. But I found a lot of his complaints to be personal in ways I doubt he'll ever clock desu.

Yeah, that's not wrong. Good writers consider it.

now that's just too much, considering what he clearly failed to add to at least Zub's

or oh, is that the "why do I have to draw panels and sequentials instead of just my fukken metal splash pages" bitchery?

>an artist complaining about having to draw
Why am I not surprised? Goddamn, mainstream artists are the laziest bastards. Anything that isn't copy/pasting the same ISO standard male and female figures is a herculean task.

LOL at Tony Daniels already off DAMAGE

Just storytiming anything.

Let us be real: purely in terms of craft, was Zub's T-Bolts writing any better than Malin's T-Bolts art? But one of them can keep quiet and work to spec, so.

so regulars can find us in the catalog, basically

we've been reading together for several years now, primarily Big Two niche and some indies

That's disappointing.

Unlike Sideways, I was mainly going to keep with Damage for Daniels.

Both.

Malin would be a perfect fit at DC's New Age of Heroes.

It's artist driven so there are likely to be tons of splash pages, they're only drawing the first 3 issues, and DC hired JRJR to draw some there.

Zub was closer to passable with Isaake's more expressive and less COCK GOES WHERE??? art, but no, he's not winning any awards

Zub's Uncanny Avengers was okay so not being edited by the Superwholock chick probably made a difference. too.

Yeah except he's a crap artist. I agree with the complaint but I am never gonna like Malin's 90s-but-worse shit.

It was rumored a long time ago that a lot of the artists shilled for that line would only do 3 issues.

Reis was confirmed a while back, Lee would never draw more than 2-3 issues in a row (especially monthly), and now it's confirmed Daniel is gone.

Zub is about a 4 on the Jurgens scale

Hey OP.

Man, yesterday not happening was disappointing, so I hope they aren't busted anymore. Although Captcha seems to be.

JRJR has been shit for a few years now and Daniel's Damage was writer-Jurgens tier.

JRJR is the one I'm shocked by cause dude can do a monthly.

hope Rocafort stays on Sideways

Marvel also just started a new YOUNG GUNS thing which is funny cause it's a much stronger line up than Age of Heroes

I'm okay with Rocafort leaving on Sideways, but if Didio leaves I'm out of there.

the funniest thing is that, like, all of those YOUNG GUNS are experienced vets with serious runs behind them and it's just "they're great, but that branding? seriously?"

that's been a thing for awhile with the Young Guns stuff and it's always funny/depressing

Such is the age of Akira Yoshida.

Rocafort is literally the only reason to read Sideways.
Even with his terrible paneling.

Rocafort is the guy I'll forgive a bunch of tics I hate in other artists.

After OMAC and aspects of Phantom Stranger, I'd like to see what he can do with a teen hero/Peter Parker riff.

Unless it's his Challengers tier. His Challengers was godawful.

so Percy's leaving GA, bets on who takes it?

Was there ever a "Questionmobile" at any point? Where do toyetic personal vehicles fit into Ditko's view of Objectivism?

Zub

name everyone and win a prize

There's a Bug with a Porsche engine and some other meme parts. It doesn't even change color.

OFFICIAL JURGENS SCALE

1 Austin
2 Tieri
3 Guggenheim
4 Lobdell
5 Jurgens
6 Waid
7 Johns
8 Busiek
9 Morrison
10 Moore

How the fuck are people thinking the DS solicit is actually true?
Also that's Percy off of GA and on some other book but DC havemt given a book to either Ferrayra or Schmidt.

Those 2 should have got Dark Matter books

Honestly GA having filler and Cyborg being uncancelled to have filler makes me think Bendis is going to write them but he almost died.

He just jumps off a building onto a succession of bouncy terminally ill old people.

As I recall, the original scale was that 1 Jurgens was a perfect measure of readable mediocrity. Half a Jurgens was "come on, you're not trying hard enough to even be okay", and one night someone conjured the NEGAJURGENS

No, those two should get characters people actually care about, preferably with good writers.

Schmidt needs to get Nightwing at least so Dick will finally be sexy again.

>My lady friend won't cooperate.
When was this exactly? Because depending on the timeline, Ollie is possibly being a repugnant asshole with that line.

Neat. I like the idea of Vic riding around in a dinky little Volkswagon.

>tfw the sigil curse wasn't strong enough

Is this scale logarithmic? It needs to be.

Switch Bump Tieri up to 4, pushing Lobdell and Guggenheim down one.

Tieri is almost perfectly mediocre like Jurgens whereas the other two have written some actual shit books.

>Malin would be a perfect fit at DC's New Age of Heroes.
nah, most of those books launched with good and/or popular artists and have decent-to-good followups, Malin is neither

I had a bug with a posche engine, and beffed up suspension. I could bury the speedometer in 2cnd gear.

Tieri has developed a sense of irony about his own inclinations, and that self-awareness is worth something

also I fucking loved SPACE: PUNISHER

Replace EVS on Hal n Pals with Schmidt pls DC

Do you have a face?

>twice monthly Superman
>Cyborg
>Green Arrow
Hits all the Bendis boxes. Popular character, a black character, and a liberal mouthpiece.

Would you put an italian transaxle in it? In the midwest?

Where's the TV/movie synergy

He is probably lined up to take over Batman after King.

Cancelling Cyborg is weird as fuck, you'd think a Bendis #1 would be the move

he gets Superman OR Batman, not both!

he'll probably get a batman mini

Green Arrow and Superman.

Jon will die, Cal-El or Val-Zod will come out of nowhere to take Clark's place, and Supes gets really sad.

And Bendis will just do that filler arc that was between Lemire and Percy again.

Bendis after this filler arc. He might be on Nightwing or Cyborg as well
So RIP Emiko and Diggle

In other DC news:
>skip months for Doomsday Clock and Mihael Cray; the former turning bimonthly in May
>Cyborg returns but not renumbered with writer/co-creator Marv Wolfman and a literally who artist
>Nightwing gets a monh full of fill-ins
>Deathstroke vs. Batman turns out to be a new Deathstroke arc, a series-within-a-series
>Batman #44 will be a two-in-one issue with two different artists, while Tony Daniel draws a new arc in #45
>Iris West will become mysteriously ill
>David Yardin returns to DC as a cover artist
>that Cave Carson cover
>New Challengers isn't launching until at least May
>Trinity ending with #22

just imagining Bendis writing the Robins makes me want to die, please stop talking about it

they un-cancelled it for Wolfman, apparently

I was in TX, and I didn't do the work. I don't know shit about shit.

>Doomsday going bi monthly

LOL

I'm so mad I gotta deal with Daniels on Tom King's Booster arc

If Bendis gets the book, it would be a new #1.

They probably just didn't want Cyborg to go 6+ months without a book so they uncancelled it for some months of filler until Bendis writes enough.

Good Question.

Can't believe Michael Cray is going to last longer now. Goddamn it.

>Something Blue one shot
>followed by Booster Gold arc
DC you're torturing me with this B&G stuff

Waid's FF is a 2 on the Jurgens scale.

I'm still mad they're not just calling it DEATHBLOW

I'm ready for WILDC.A.T.S. dammit

I'm a totally sold on it now. gimme that evil dc heroes shit.

i did a double take reading the solicits, cheeky fuck

>damn he appealed to my sense of hippy self-satisfaction

welp

I'm glad they're not calling it Deathblow. It's a boring piece of shit.

But it has a countdown on the cover and I was waiting for it to end.

To be fair it's selling like shit. The Wildstorm, too. This reboot is actually good but the last attempts being such clusterfucks probably poisoned the well.

>Bendis on GA
Not gonna lie, if we got a DD styled GA run I'd be pretty hyped

It's not even doing anything entertaining with an Evil JL.

It's just so bland and the action isn't any good. Totally the opposite of what Deathblow should be.

is a WS trade out yet? it really should be

Yeah. Came out last year.

now that's a bit gratuitous

You're right it would be hype as fuck.

However those days of Bendis being at least somewhat good are long gone.

When you think of mid-engine italian supercars, do their reliable transmissions and cold weather performance come to mind? Especially a Fiat-owned farrari?

TALES OF SUSPENSE #103 (OF 5)
MATT ROSENBERG (W) • TRAVEL FOREMAN (A)
Cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
• The whole world was watching when Black Widow died. Hawkeye was there when her body was buried. There’s no chance in the world that Natasha Romanoff survived.
• Unless…
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

>TALES OF SUSPENSE #103 (OF 5)

DUdes being all "what the fuck, arrows?" never gets old

>TALES OF SUSPENSE #104 (OF 5)

>DC DOES IT AGAIN
Haha.

103 (of 107) would flow better