What was with all the ICP references?

What was with all the ICP references?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1BRCYP_s8q8
youtube.com/watch?v=PYYqUdzSD9w
youtube.com/watch?v=3CGVFmYwPvw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because white trash is more likely to stay up for Adult Swim

It was the early 2000s and they were popular/an easy target to make fun of.

juggalos are funny

I think it was funny in the ATHS episode.

>It was the early 2000s and they were popular/an easy target to make fun of

I don't think any of those episodes came out in the early 2000s, they were from the end of the 2000s or 2010s sounds more like it. It was all happening at like the same time, Workaholics had that Juggalo episode too

Again, easy target on the internet in the 2000s, and by the late 2000s that aspect of internet culture was mainstream enough to reference. This wasn’t some monumental time gap of decades. Hell, ICP is still an easy target now.

They're a persistent bunch of wankers with a notably trashy fanbase.
Low hanging fruit.

The two clown guys? I have only heard great things about them. Also I have seen some snippets of shoot interviews with them and they seem really down to earth. I would say the worst thing about them is their fanbase.

A polite man with no talent is still a man with no talent.
As to the fanbase thing, if you ever dated a girl that was into em your opinion of em would drop pretty quick I think, that's how I developed my own personal bias.
White trash, not even once.

>jealous TripNigger

>hick mad that no one but other hicks likes his white trash ass

It's mostly due to the fact that their fanbase is actually considered an illegal gang by the US government and on put on the FBI list little while back.

They are basically the original Pepe the Frog, a joke hyped up to be this huge threat that it really wasn't by a bunch of crotchety old people that know nothing of the current youth.

youtube.com/watch?v=1BRCYP_s8q8
I kinda like this song.

Pretty sure that all of the examples are before juggalos were classified as a gang. Also, the FBI's classification is pretty sensible. The way you portray it- "their fanbase is considered a gang"- is erroneous. The classification notes that there are gangs who identify themselves as Juggalos, not that all Juggalos are gangsters.

Aren't they from Georgia?

1. Fuck off, Boco
2. They're from Detroit

whoop whoop!

They are from suburban Detroit.

The gang thing is a scam. Small towns in midwestern cities found out that the police force can get government funding if they claim they have a gang problem.....now those idiot kids who hang out at the park all wearing the same logos in bumfuck Utah? Our town has a gang!

nah that was the war of the worlds radio broadcast that people thought was real

Me too, I always liked their carnival attraction themed songs for some reason
youtube.com/watch?v=PYYqUdzSD9w
youtube.com/watch?v=3CGVFmYwPvw

>I would say the worst thing about them is their fanbase
The fanbase that's raised more money for more charities than even the bleeding-heart horsefuckers? That fanbase?

I'd like ICP much more if they actually stuck with the Dark Carnival concept instead of the typical juvenile horse shit.

Clowny daggers y'all.

i'm pretty sure there were more, but really what's the appeal of juggalos?
i mean i know jesters and killer clowns are cool and all, but making that a part of your lifestyle sounds pretty lame, and what's so "gangsta" about it?

I'll hypnotize you like a vampire, bite your neck and set your head on fire.

>being this defensive over someone not liking shit eating, cum-guzzling hicks much like himself

pathetic, man.

1. They talk a lot about killing rich people, child abusers, and wife beaters so they appealed to a lot of kids who were poor, had been abused as children, or whos dads beat their moms
2. They embraced theatrics and built a mythology into their music with the "dark carnival" fantasy shit, so they appealed to.....nerds and autists
3. They were rappers but they were extremely white, therefor making being rappers who were much more accessible to suburban white kids in a pre Emimem world

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have an ICP phase in my teen years, I understand most people are not gonna get it but I understand the appeal of it all. Their most mainstream known album "The Great Milenko" also came out at the peak of the rap-metal boom, and I feel like they kind of piggy backed on that trend a little bit by having rock guys on the album and appealing to that crowd at the time