Is She-ra better than He-man

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/P0C5NGp_6KA
instagram.com/p/BctC9V7F6CA/
youtube.com/watch?v=Kw4VG6zGsyw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, especially compared to the filmation he man. Shes more likeable as a character and is qt as fuck. I prefer MOTU as a franchise more then princess of power, but of the two MCs i like she ra more.

Hope to see a She-Man series in the near future.

This. When judging the Filmation shows She-Ra is just better all around. It balanced the extended cast better, it made She-Ra incredibly likable (And He-Man in his appearances for that matter), it was better animated, and just an all around better written.

I'm wary about Noelle Stevenson's reboot though. I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I'd rather see the two merged together for a single reboot. I think it'd lead to a more interesting experience on both ends.

I like the characters in MOTU alot better, that includes the horde too. The only characters i really love from she ra are she ra, madame raz, shadow weaver, and kowl
>I'm wary about Noelle Stevenson's reboot though. I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I'd rather see the two merged together for a single reboot. I think it'd lead to a more interesting experience on both ends.
Im afraid it will be shit. Honestly it would be cool if they introduced skeletor on their, then slowly built up to he man

GOOD NEWS, NETFLIX IS HERE TO SAVE THE MOTHER FUCKIN DAY

>NETFLIX IS HERE TO SAVE THE MOTHER FUCKIN DAY
not with that art. netflix is here to ruin the day and call you a shitlord if you dont like it

>He-Man has gone missing

I bet my left nut that that will be the opening line of the reboot.

>netflix is here to ruin the day and call you a shitlord if you dont like it
At least they arent disney or sony

looks fine to me

>In today's story, Orko didn't clean his fucking room. Fuck Orko. And fuck you too, kid if you don't clean your fucking room. And if I catch you using magic to do it I swear to The Sorceress I will shove my man-at-arm right up your asshole like a puppet.

Can someone tell me where the fuck this video came from? I dont know how someone made these stop motion he man figures in what i assume is the 80s

youtu.be/P0C5NGp_6KA

at this stage i wish they were making the show instead

then you are blind

>at this stage i wish they were making the show instead
Who? Because if disney got it theyd make it even more juvenile and inoffensive, and sony would shove zendaya in it and make every other sentence a racially charged joke

youre right. i wish the show wasnt being made at all

Nope. I was never fan of both the Filmation cartoons. But as a Sword & Sorcery follower, i really liked the tribal barbarian He-Man of the mini comics, that he left his tribe to face the perils of his world. There was a mystery about the past of Eternia, that was intriguing. William George's and Obrero's box art were fantastic, and captured my immagination. Filmation He-Man and She-Ra was a big departure from this, and i never really cared anout these cartoons.

You are old.

I agree the mini comics are the best aspect of the story and what all future adaptations should focus on, but i like filmation in a charming way one likes things like 60s batman. I got into it though because the toys were awesome.

By the way, were you around when MOTU first came out? What figures did you have in the line

Perhaps, lol.

But really i loved the He-Man mini comics back then. Especially the ones illustrated by Alfredo Alcala. Recently i bought the Dark Horse book. Great stuff.

Only in the Filmation cartoons since she got the better writers, He-Man could've been better but as 80's cartoons went both didn't really reach their potential.

The DC Comics had a good concept but Giffen's grimdark and making Teela insufferable ruined it for me, then when Abnett and that other writer came in it got interesting but they severely wasted Hordak and the Horde after building them up.

I'm wary about it too, I've heard stuff that I liked from it and stuff that I didn't like but I'll judge it when it comes out or at least when we get previews.

They will never do that, the best you'll get is something like MYP He-Man but the Filmation stuff is always going to influence people over the minicomics which while interesting are mostly forgotten.

Obviously He-Man & Skeletor. Then Teela, MAA, Trap-Jaw (my favorite one), Beastman etc. Also loved the Snake Men. And Castle Grayskull of course. Such a badass playset.

Considering how adaptations are getting more mature and not afraid to go after original source material, and things like prince adam are mocked now, i could see it happening.
Good taste, trap jaw was my favorite of skeletors main henchmen. And yeah, the snakemen were awesome, my favorite are tung lashor and sssqueeze

Nah, Goyer is going to ruin the He-Man movie and pretty much nuke every potential interest people will have in the character.

Just like Noelle will nuke everything about She-Ra.

Abnett's Eternity War was great. He really developed Adam's character well, especially when he became King, and he had to renounce his powers, in order to save his people, from his own downfall.

Maybe it will be like transformers and renew interest in it because it reminds people how much they want a new GOOD adaptation

>Goyer is going to ruin the He-Man movie
Yeah that's a given, pic very related even if it's concept art.

He-Man is pretty dead and it has been dead for awhile aside from the toy scene and some memes. The DC comic started tanking even if it was good and the only reason people started talking about He-Man was because of the announced movie and the announced She-Ra cartoon.

If the movie fails that will be pretty much it for He-Man for a long time.

Also MOTU is nowhere close to Transformers, Transformers has remained popular even through the Bay movies because regardless of quality some people did like the Bay movies not to mention TF has had a constant presence in cartoons for decades. It has a fanbase strong enough to sustain it and the regular folks know what Transformers is enough to care about it.

This is Teela???

I thought that thing was Roboto. This is how she should look like.

Ive seen alot more interest in he man in the public lately, and transformers was pretty dead before the movies

Webstor for the win.

Yes. When I was a kid I popped an early erection to Princess Adora

I like calwful alot

Early barbarian blonde Teela was my favorite.

1. inexplicably powerful melee teela
2. goddess blood magic teela
3. goddess blood magic teela that uses magic to be strong in melee

make a choice

Yeah because of the movie announcement and the supermarket commercials but not enough to get people hyped.

>transformers was pretty dead before the movies

Not really, it had cartoons and the fandom was pretty active and it steadily sold toys too, MOTU is nowhere as big as Transformers not even when TF was at its lowest.

Teela inside a battlesuit, it was posted in Goyer's instagram but he took it off.

He also posted this but didn't specify what it was
instagram.com/p/BctC9V7F6CA/

Aw shit a He-man thread
youtube.com/watch?v=Kw4VG6zGsyw

The supermarket commercials arent in america and yet i see people interested in MOTU. You are seriously underestimating its popularity here

>his havoc staff is now a dildo painted purple shoved onto a stick

Here in Europe, He-Man is still a legend.

They are on the internet and I think you're overestimating it. I really don't see much MOTU discussion outside the He-Man.org page and maybe Sup Forums (which is always the same 4-5 people) but even the He-Man/Thundercat storytime died quickly.

Even the small discussions that I've seen have pertained to the Filmation cartoons and how funny they are or memes.

That said comparing it to Transformers is silly, He-Man is nowhere as popular as Transformers.

Nothing funny about this, wish the gay He-Man shit would stop.

NOTHING GAY ABOUT HE-MAN

Is that Bam Margera? What happened to that guy?

Im telling you from what ive seen, but all the MOTU merch in my mall sells well, and its pretty well remembered considering transformers had series for years while he man is remembered mostly for the 80s show

80's merch of everything sells because vintage shit is cool, doesn't mean there are fans. I've seen Snorks t-shirts being sold out in Spencers doesn't mean people want a Snorks reboot.

>80's merch of everything sells because vintage shit is cool, doesn't mean there are fans.
If you are buying he man merch then you are more then likely a fan, what are yout talking about?

Fuck yeah Gnarkill

Depression and him being a tranwreck happened.

I can't wait for the preview.
Maybe this time they will use more the fact that Hordac raised her.

It all depends on how this looks in motion

i dont motion will help that piece of shit design

Maybe if she looked like pic related but oh God it's not going to and we all know the design will suck ass.

>He-Man is nowhere as popular as Transformers.
No shit, Transformer threads are slow as fuck but they at least hit bump limit before they die.

I hope thats not her normal design, its too modest and not enough clevage

>Maybe this time they will use more the fact that Hordac raised her.

I would love if they do that because it would make things interesting, don't know if they would actually do it tho.

I always thought she was in a way his daughter in the Filmation cartoon even though they never really adressed it that way. Because Hordak was incredibly nice to her before she defected (and then later he just really wanted to bring her back at all cost) and the other Horde lackeys hated her for being his favorite. Shadow Weaver did brought up the fact that she was like her mother tho.

The DC Comics touched on her being Hordak's and Weaver's daughter, except only Shadow Weaver loved her like a daughter enough to defy Hordak and break ties with Skeletor (whom she was in love with and secretly defied Hordak for). Hordak only valued her as an extension of himself. I recall when Shadow Weaver mentions Adora as being part of the Horde he tells her to choose her words carefully because she was "of Hordak" and Weaver diminished her by saying she was from the Horde. That and the fact that the heir of his greatest enemy was loyal to him, amused him.

Once she becomes She-Ra he taunts her and reminds her of how everyone hates her for what she did in his name, he wounds her and when he sees she's still alive he tries to grant her a quick swift death before Skeletor saves her. Later after Skeletor kills him and his spirit comes back he does tell her that she was perfect when she was Despara (but since Hordak is narcissistic and full of himself you can see why he thought that).

That said I wouldn't mind reading a story where Hordak actually starts caring for her as his daughter and if you take the secret identity BS out it would make things pretty personal between him and She-Ra.

Wait, i thought despera was a different character. How can she ra turn into hordaks species, as despera as a hordak like face

Despera is just the name Hordak gave Adora and she's wearing a mask that looks like his face.

Okay, thank you

Bump

>Despera is just the name Hordak gave Adora and she's wearing a mask that looks like his face.
This is extremely funny to me
Jesus! Source?

If somebody reboot the show and don't change anything ?
He-Man will look absolutely GAY by today's standard
Don't do it. For God sake.

Nigga it was gay then too

I'm guessing that she's doing it to be more intimidating and because Hordak is self-centered like that. Hordak also treated her like his daughter and I guess having a human daughter would probably raise questions.

Funny enough in the comic Adora does initially think she's his biological daughter which is absurd and even Teela confronts her about how stupid and impossible that is.

Yeah it's not something that's reasonable but she was raised to worship Hordak and lived all her life in what's basically a cult to him. Even when she defects and becomes a good guy she still sees him as a god.

>Even when she defects and becomes a good guy she still sees him as a god.
Interesting trait.

I do like how you can tell totally different stories with Adam and Adora.

Though "Adora does initially think she's his biological daughter" could be an interesting story if there WAS a degree of appearance between them that such a thing could be feasible.

I don't have the comic in my computer but I think she rationalizes that Hordak was human before he became a what he is, but Teela counters that with "He's a million of years old and he has been missing his body for a long time" and at that point it's when Despara starts questioning everything.

Adora is villain daughteru material.

CUTE

This design is terrible. She looks like Hank Venture in drag.

The description Adora gives there of Hordak would fit way better to Horde Prime. Such a missed opportunity is really a shame.

>The supermarket commercials arent in america
They are everywhere on the internet. they did a really good job at capturing the look of the OG cartoon, and Skeletor with Glasses looked really smooth. Eveyone has seen those commercials.

I find it weird that, because of the involvement of Light Hope, you can essentially characterise her change as a religious revelation.

Not him, but I was around when MOTU came out too. I only had Moss Man though.

Not him, but He-man cam on TV when I was just the right age, 6-7or something. I remember it was my first hero, before I started watching Transformers and switching to Optimus Prime.

Back then I remember wishing I had Super Strength like him.

She-Ra isnt the most powerful man in the universe, He-Man is!

So middle claw is keeping Adam's dick in place as well?

Oh my!

>short hair

Aw yea gurl

MYAAH?

Tits > No Tits

>dr duncan, im SKULL

>implying she doesnt have a dick

Her costume is better, that's for sure.