ITT : Underrated animated films

ITT : Underrated animated films
>Bonus points if it isn't a direct to DVD Disney sequel

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b9sycdSkngA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I didn't liked the ending of this movie, I know it was suppsoed to be bittersweet ending but to me looks like straight up tragedy,

How the fuck will those microbes surive, even if they do they will probably not evolve to animals or other more sentient animals. fuck there will only be like 4 of those dolls walking around a desert planet for all eternity

A planet populated with robots sounds like a better idea

Agreed on it being a tragedy. The robots were fucked up, soul-sucking, murder-machines though. They literally built kill-bots out of bits of cloth, leather, and human bone.

Didn't the little assholes just shut-down when there was nothing left to violate?

What the fuck is that?

Underrated my ass. This movie is perhaps the best example of style over substance

It deserved more, why didn't Shrek go under the bus instead of this?

from my memory, they all did except for the one dog bot in beginning.

Because wanted to snuff out their 2-D animation department.

Shame 2000 was a suck fest.

>tfw watched this for the first time a few months ago and had a blast

Why did it fail again? It was great.

Go watch the movie Screamers. It’s rad.

This clip discusses why

youtu.be/b9sycdSkngA

>tl;dr version
>Change over of leadership (twice) during development
>new chairman didn't give a shit about the film
>didn't want to keep using the expensive 2D/3D development the film used
>letting it fail at box office meant it wouldn't get a sequel
>do a shit marketing campaign and release it next to Harry Potter to make it fail

because it had almost no marketing and came right along Harry Potter 2

Autonomous Mobile Sword, from the SCREAMER movies. They're kinda sci-fi terror.

Great underrated movies; these fuckers make sky-net look humane. The basic model is a rotary-saw that burrows into the sand and acts like a landmine.

It can't be underrated if it's highly rated

I think this is popular now in a late bloomer kind of way but I really agree.

what's this guys name again?

Didn't click the link and I'm not going to but I'd wager a guess his name is in the bottom left right under the damn video.

Because shittty Cars movies gave money to Disney

Should have been all the souls absorbed and the main machine becomes a full soul again, turning it good.

This.
Also, all these movies.

Especially Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within since at least people keep saying Titan A.E., Atlantis: The Lost Empire, and especially Treasure Planet are very underrated and great films.
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within just doesn't have that kind of recognition, despite having a decent cult following and actually being a really great and criminally underrated film.

Treasure Planet is still the best film out of all of those, though.

Treasure Planet > Atlantis: The Lost Empire > Titan A.E. > Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Though they are all really great and underrated.

Treasure Planet wasn't good, Atlantis was good until halfway. Titan and FF has the same problem, those are technical show offs (Titan is better in the story department IMHO) and not memorable otherwise.

Treasure Planet is actually my number one favourite animated Disney film of all time alongside The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Good for you

I personally didn't like Hunchback as much as well but it is a masterpiece.

>dat NASA (C) on the Treasure planet poster

Guess it was cheaper than getting an artist to draw it a piece of space.

Can't argue in favor of Shrek but Treasure Planet was pretty bad

Are you mechanical arm user?

I always liked Mulan for tackling so many concepts and mixing it together into one storyline, mulan's frustration at being a daughter instead of a son and unable to protect her father, her lost understanding of the woman's world, hiding her gender from her soldier friends, begging help from her ancestors despite her shameful display. Finding the only one who actually took her seriously as a woman soldier was the villain of the story - a barbarian warlord who sought to tear down the very values she rebelled against.

If it wasnt for that fucking nigger dragon would have gone down as a great film.

>Surfs up
There need to be more animated /mockumentary films

This.
Mulan is by far my favorite Disney movie.

Eddy Murphy was great imo