What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Klancefags

the fanbase got out of control
the show itself is mostly fine

Fanbase. Like most decent cartoons.

Nothing show is better than the original but make references to all three versions of voltron as well. Also has significant character development and running jokes for fans of the original as well as random crazy humor that only adults would get the ref from.

All three version of GoLion i mean.

>bad writing
>bad pacing
>bad character interactions
>boring fight scenes
>no plot direction

Anyone watching it at this point is only doing so because they want to fuck some character or another.

Though I disagree with some of your points I cant dispute your last one.

Aaron Ehasz wasn't hired as head writer. People thought that the LOK crew could actually produce something great. End of story.

fpbp

I like it, but I hate that its obviously a show meant for kids/preteens. Silly characters are fine, but id like to feel some kind of actual emotion or impact from this show. I just feel kind of empty after every episode like I ate a bowl of white rice with nothing else.

They haven’t actually attempted murder yet at least.

The influx of stupid shippy bitches into the fandom instead of the masculine gearheads it needs.

Completely losing the plot after a great start and meandering on whether Keith should be a leader or not, whether Shiro is gone or not, etc.

Also, Netflix stupidly trying to milk the series by splitting the seasons into shorter and shorter batches.

If the show was decent and gave it a shit about the mech aspect it would pick up those fans but it’s not so only teenage girls enjoy it.

Delicious Brown Allura is why I watch it.

Lack of coherent vision. It's not monster of the week but the plot stalls like there's no tomorrow.

Crew obviously has a lot of love for it but they have no idea what they are doing.

First two seasons were strong Saturday morning cartoons. Third and fourth felt like it needed a more talented team of writers or less studio interference to pull off whatever it is they're trying to do.

I’m glad the general for this show is gone I spent too much time shitposting in it.

First time in my life, I don't want to bone anyone.
I keep watching because I sincerely wonder what will happen next.(I'm at episode 32)

Nothing.
Just too long on hiatuses, but it always saddens me to be reminded of the potential that ThunderCats 2011 could have been.

There is never any Voltron of Robeasts.

This, to be honest. I keep watching just to see if it will ever get better than mediocre. I feel like there is some potential there. It's a bit like Avengers Assemble though not quite as bad: It's not really bad to be hateable, but not good enough to feel exited about either.

The fights are ridiculously bad, it's just constantly the same footage of Voltron slicing space and things exploding everywhere around.

Because for some reason they don't want to ever use goddamn Robeasts.

Everyone knows Voltron fighting ships were always the worst fights of the old series. We want some monsters.

It's always the third season, isn't it?

Big titty Pidge

I got bored after two seasons, and even wanting to fuck Lance wasn't enough for me to keep watching it.

>Alternate universe where Pidge bound her big tits when she was undercover, and then just casually lets them loose after she confesses that she's actually a girl

Too many non-whites. No one gets invested unless the cast is all white with one black person who is irrelevant.

I find the space zombie / pot h3ad plot sort of cute.

BS edit threads are a cancer unto this board

6 episode seasons

Having to junk the plot they had prepared after S2 because the execs didn't like it and failing to come up with a solution.

it's an agenda pushing insult to the ones that came before it

Yaoi-pushing/purity-signalling/just plain batshit klancehag fanbase. Show is definitely above average for a kids' show otherwise.

Season 4 was a huge fuck-up. Keith's leadership plot was basically ruined and he was written out in the worst way. (Though this might be because of scheduling conflicts with his VA.) Shiro was back as the leader, but that didn't really amount to anything. Hunk and Corran are still unfunny comic relief. Lotar's harem barely did anything, and the best girl died. And there was no subplot where a hot Galran comes to molest a member of the cast.

That, and the humor, outside of Space Mall, is pretty shit. It feels so tacked-on and generic, and it doesn't fit the tone of the series.

same, it got to the point where everyone only wanted to bitch and moan about the rest of the fanbase rather than discuss the show. as the rest of the threads bares out, the fandom is just obsessed with itself to the point the show may as well be irrelevant.