Have you ever hate-watched or hate-read anything?

Have you ever hate-watched or hate-read anything?

This thread

Where do you think you are

America
""""The fight club""""

yes

Yep. Usually something I once liked but now despise but have invested too much time in to just drop.

Arrow past season 2

Why yes. I browse Sup Forums often.

Any true blooded Sup Forumsmrade would participate in the annual "Story time of Pain" week.

my entire relationship with SU and that alt 6 special ep

First episode of horse cartoon, just so I could shut my faggot friends up.

I watched Foodfight, just so I could say I did. It didn't cost me quite so many brain cells as Meet the Feebles or The Room.

America
Powderpuff Girls reboot
Transformers DOTM
Justice League movie

why would anyone waste their precious time of which we have too little to watch or read something you'll hate?

Not Sup Forums, but I hate-read the first Shannara trilogy.

Fuck me, Terry Brooks cannot fucking write.

Because it's fun to tear it apart with other people who are also hate-watching it.

No, because I might end up liking what I'm supposed to hate.

>letting random autists dictate your interests
That's pretty sad, user. Embrace the degeneracy. Long as you don't let it show IRL, nobody who actually matters gives a fuck that you like Miraculous Ladybug or cockvore or cartoon horse show or a combination of the three or whatever.

Sometimes you'll have that one friend who just won't shut up til you watch the fucking show, so you watch the fucking show.

That's what happened to me with gay sex.

>random autists dictate your interests
Isn't that what Hollywood is doing to us?

TTG, SU, Netflix Deathnote

No? Don't like the movie, don't watch it. They don't literally force you to like things.

Yes, user. The problem is, we don't always notice.

No, I never try that hard to fit in.

This Sup Forums. You know those lorefags? The people that are always complaining about "filler" in original series? They don't watch those shows or read those comics because they like them, they do it just so they can join the conversation and talk about it with other people.

>"Story time of Pain"
exactly

Most people here do that exclusively. See, when you just "ironically" watch bad things, you don't have to have taste. You can just pretend you're witty and go HAHA IT'S LIKE SO BAD without having to think at all.

The horseshow, at least ever since the purple autist got her wings in the Season 3 finale.
I made blogposts reviewing (more like shitting on) each Season 4 episode until the finale, and then I ultimately quit the site I posted on because I grew to hate it as well.

MLP FIM starting with season 2

Every concept pitch bible in every Dreamworks movie.

RWBY

I watched the first two seasons with a buddy and we did nothing but talk shit as we watched. Unlike him I couldn’t stop watching it. It’s like every time it seems like it wants to be good it runs away from it towards mediocrity

This is impossible. Our butthurt cannot align within 30 seconds like this.

I know! It's so weird...

OTGW rewatches, but mainly because just about every reactor who's done GF has done it too, and I really wanted to compare. I can't see myself just choosing to watch it again.

You deserve to diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie.

no u

Arrow.
Riverdale.
Mystery Incorporated.
Justice League War.
Justice League vs. Teen Titans.

I've tried my best to not do that, but I can't stop myself from checking out every new Lady Shiva appearance. It was almost a relief when she got shot in 'Tec.

I fool myself into reading things I want to be good and continue to read them even after I've been disappointed for awhile. Like you have these characters I liked or this artist I like or the pitch I read for the new series sounded great but everything just sucks in reality, the writing just overwhelms everything I could like about said book and I just refuse to accept it won't get better. And it takes a couple issues to realize I'm at a point where I'm shitting on everything I see before I drop it.

That's about as close as I get, I don't read things with the intention of hating them or read things I know I probably won't like but I will continue reading things I don't like and get really bitter about it for awhile.

>characterfag
>brony
>namefag
>Latin American
How low can you fall?

God that's the best. Don't even have to be under the influence to do it. Rage is a helluva drug all on it's own.

is that Rexar?

This. You can have a lot of fun watching a bad movie with a group of friends just tearing the shit out of it.

So what's the point of making good movies then?

I bet you thought you were smart when you typed this up.

Runaways. All to the bitter end.

Floraverse.

I generally hate every show at the beginning for it's fucking pilot alone. I hated Invader Zim up until about it's third last episode.

In college we'd have a semi-weekly Trash Night: get a bunch of people over to watch trash movies, drink trash booze, and dress like trash. I miss those.

sounds like my life as a phd student.

I read several things online just to be angry about it but it's constructive because I explain why it's bad in blogs.

I hate watch Runaways.

At least they finally ran away at the end.

I liked the premise in the first five minutes of 13 Reasons Why, and then I increasingly hated it through out the entire series, but I couldn't stop watching it.

>hatewatching
As in "liking something but refusing to admit so"?

I use it to mean I watch something I think is a bad adaptation to complain about it. Rather than moving on.

I admit it's probably not healthy but it feels good.

So they can devote more time to the adults, I'm sure.

No because I like myself enough to not torment myself

I leafed through it at work, thought it was the dumbest shit I've read in years, and then read the last three or so chapters just to see where it ended. I think shitty works have some sort of magnetism to them that draws in curiosity, almost like rubbernecking when you see a car crash.

No because I'm not 100% retarded.

Only 85%.

Eragon. I fucking hated Eragon. I know trash when I see it and wanted nothing to do with the book originally. My siblings and one of my friends said I was being narrow-minded and insisted I read it. So I did and it was worse than I'd imagined. I don't know how I managed to finish it but I did. And then I read the next book that was even worse. At this time I was introduced to the anti-shurtugal forums where peopled hated on the books and their insipid author, Christopher Tortellini. I read the third brick at this time because I wanted to hate it with this new community. Unfortunately the website died around that time due to some drama and lives now only in the internet archive. Now I hate on the books here at every opportunity, on /tg/, on /lit/, and on Sup Forums. Never read the fourth brick though.

Here's a sample of why I hate the books so much:

*Ardwen - Arwen
*Isenstar - Isengard
*Mithrim - Mithrim or mithril
*Angrenost - Angrenost
*Morgothal - Morgoth
*Elessari - Elessar
*Furnost - Fornost
*Hadarac Desert - Harad Desert
*Melian - Melian
*Vanilor - Valinor
*Eridor - Eriador
*Imiladris - Imladris
*Undin - Fundin/Udun
*Gil'ead - Gil'Galad
*Ceranthor - Caranthir
*Isidar - Isiludir
*Oromis- Orome
*Eragon- Aragorn

Keep in mind this is from a story that literally follows the plot to A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. Also, here's how the idiot author describes a crackling fire:

>The branch Roran had added to the fire burst asunder with a muted pop as the coals underneath heated the gnarled length of wood to the point where a small cache of water or sap that had somehow evaded the rays of the sun for untold decades exploded into steam.

Have you ever heard such suffocatingly thick purple prose in your life? God. And don't fucking tell me the kid was 15 when he wrote his book. He was 15 when he "imagined" it. He wrote it at 19.

America but thats only because it gets storytimed all the fucking time

No need to hide, user.

What fucking board do you think you’re on newfag

And unfortunately for the entire world Christopher Tortellini's wealthy and doting parents self-published their autistic son's fanfiction instead of letting it languish on fanfiction.net where its always belonged. They created hype for the book by telling everyone that it was written by a 15 year old prodigy. Again, Tortellini was 19 at this point (he was 18 when he actually started writing the "book") and even if he had been 15 it still wouldn't have been the work of a prodigy because the book is hot fucking garbage. Tortellini himself however considered his writing to be on par with Tolkien "at his best" (because regular Tolkien isn't good enough) at the poetry of Seamus Heany, a man who has won the Nobel prize in literature. Fuck.

What did you think of the movie?

I love the fuck out of storytimes of pain. It's not hate. It's a just a painful kind of love.

No, I try to read/watch good things. I don't belong in here, do I?

The Runaways TV show.

I never saw it but I heard lots of crying from the fans who said it was a poor representation of the source material because it sucked. It must have been a pretty good adaptation for that very reason though, because the source material is fucking trash.

>Written by a teenager (and it shows), Eragon presents nothing new to the "hero's journey" story archetype. In movie terms, this movie looks and sounds like Lord of the Rings and plays out like a bad Star Wars rip-off. The movie spins the tale of a peasant boy who is suddenly entrusted with a dragon and must, with the help of a mentor, train, grow strong, and defeat an evil emperor. The way the critics picture it, the makers of Eragon should soon be expecting an annoyed phone call from George Lucas.

That's the critics' consensus on RT. That's what all the critics agreed on.

Came in to post this. Struggling through another readthrough of "Girls" with other fellow Sup Forumsmrades is almost a rite of passage in and of itself.