2 years to produce this bullshit

>2 years to produce this bullshit

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen#Publication_and_reception
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why not just release it all in one go then in a year.

but that doesn't mean it'll stay bimonthly, right?

>Gary Frank

It'll probably move to twice a year

Do they mean twice a month or every 2 months?

twice a month is biweekly

Does it take him that long to just trace Christopher Reeve?

It's nice seeing this shitty Watchmen fanfic slowly die. The bad thing is that this is going to fuck the entire DCU, since the intent was that this was a One Year Later deal and all of the other books were supposed to catch up to it over the year it came out. Now that's fucked, so I wonder how DC will handle it.

They've somehow fucked this up worse than Marvel fucked up Secret Wars.

I'll bet Moore cast some spell to make this happen.

"Watchmen's a bad influence on today's comics! But do you mind if I play with it JUUUUUUUUST a little bit longer?"

>I'll bet Moore cast some spell to make this happen.
No part from the wizard is really needed for the regularly scheduled antics of the town idiot.

>I'll bet Moore cast some spell to make this happen.
And morrison let the spell go through.

So, Moore's a wizard, Morrison's a sorcerer, priest's a cleric. What more do we know?

it can be both

Gaiman is a bard. Bendis is a barbarian.

I just don't get how things like this or the Secret Wars debacle can happen. These are your premiere, highest-profile projects designed to alter your entire line for years to come. They are known and announced well beforehand, it's not like they sneak up on the companies.

How the fuck is everything not planned and arranged far in advance so fuck-ups like this don't happen? How do you not have most if not all of the issues done or close enough to done that you don't run into production problems?

How can DC and Marvel be so incompetent?

It's all Moore's fault, he is draining his energy, first he made him write all those edgy comics now he won't let him star a new era for comics where everything is happiness like Grail.

Our Cereal Lord has been far too busy 'co-coming up' with story ideas to fuck up the DC Films and WB Animation

They've been doing it for years. Hell at the start of New 52 the Superman editorial team couldn't give an answer to one of their writers on whether Pa and Ma Kent were alive

JH Williams submitted outlines for the first 5 full arcs of Batwoman before issue #1 was out. That's a good two years advance to DC.They still made last minute editorial changes that caused him to walk out.

Morrison is a trickster illusionist
Bendis is a fool that entertains simpletons

Some of it can be blamed on artists and some of that might be blamed on getting scripts late to the artists, which is why issues are sometimes penciled by committee, or at least a duo/threesome of artists. But in this case, I'd blame Cereal Lord since he'd be the one insisting on having Franks do it all. I mean if Moore and Rude can do 12 issues in a year, you would think Johns and Franks could manage that as well.

I dont think its bad desu

>Some of it can be blamed on artists and some of that might be blamed on getting scripts late to the artists, which is why issues are sometimes penciled by committee, or at least a duo/threesome of artists.

But none of those are valid excuses. They should be ready far in advance to avoid those issues, and they should be aware of how the people they choose work so they can plan for problems. It really isn't hard.

what a shambles this is turning out to be

Hell Dave Gibbons was drawing the whole thing and lettering it

bendis doesn't have a class. or class.

It's not bad, it's just not very good. And since it's trying to follow one of the most famous and highly-praised books in cape comics history, it looks like shit in comparison.

It's like Godfather III. Anyone who's actually seen it knows it would be a mediocre gangster film on its own, neither remarkably good nor remarkably bad. But since it's trying to be part of the Godfather saga, it's viewed as utter trash comparatively.

>They should be ready far in advance to avoid those issues
user, they can't even get high profile but usually slow people to do a short story for Action Comics #1000 despite knowing for almost two years it's coming. It's all the usual suspects that handle the usual monthly grind.
Also, you should really understand that they simply don't care. They announced their super new ARTISTS LIVES MATTER imprint where they took a shit on the big bad smelly man at marlel for saying artists don't drive comics, so in this lineup that's headed by the artists, get this... The main artists leave after the first 3 issues. Brilliant, no?

But Watchmen did suffer delays, the last issue was like 2 months late.

Imagine the agony of waiting after issue 11.

I dunno, I much prefer Shaner to Reis

And?

so the "main" artist getting replaced by a better artist after 3 issues isn't an issue.

>It's nice seeing this shitty Watchmen fanfic slowly die.
How so? It’s selling really well.

It's not really a quality point he's trying to make. DC launched that imprint with a message of " here artists matter" and before even 6 issues almost all of them are rotating artists of the books already.

I think the turn is coming, I'm even seeing people on CBR voicing their disappointment

both are useless, but gaiman is not even good at anything in particular?

It won't be following this. This kills any momentum it may have had. It's now not going to finish until 2019, and realistically it might get delayed further.

>he doesn't take a dedicated buffer/debuffer who can also be a backup healer
never gonna make it

>disappointment
The core comic buying audience will keep buying it even if they say they don't like it because they've been told it's " important"

Oh, I didn't realize I was talking to a monkey. to simply things, Shanner should've been the artist from issue 1 then. The line is all about shouting and making a ruckus about how the artist DOES drive sales and how the artist is totally the most important but then you get fill ins 3 issues in. Shanner hasn't been doing anything for a long as time, if he doesn't do at least 6 issues in a row then that would be another blunder.

Secret Wars proved you can't count on that forever. SW sales suffered from the delays.

This was the only book i was buying. Fuck you Johns.

Seriously pissed off right now.

Still sold really well despite it's shit quality.

You shit tasted faggot, your anger brings me joy.

source?

But not as well as hoped because of the production problems. Problems which came in the middle, not in the beginning like here. This is going to hurt this event. If you think sales are guaranteed forever and nothing can shake that you're just delusional.

No thank you, sir, I go full CoDzilla.

you deserve it

> The series' publishing schedule ran into delays because it was scheduled with three issues completed instead of the six editor Len Wein believed were necessary. Further delays were caused when later issues each took more than a month to complete.[26] One contemporaneous report noted that although DC solicited issue #12 for publication in April 1987, it became apparent "it won't debut until July or August".[25]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen#Publication_and_reception

Well artists don't drive the comics as long as it's just the penciler who's called an artist, but I do like consistency in the art style, I hate when artists rotate or change.
But if it's the case, too bad.

>This is going to hurt this event.
Sure, but it's still going to sell well
>If you think sales are guaranteed forever and nothing can shake that you're just delusional.
I don't think that. Also, good riddance. Fuck Johns.

well #1 came out in September 1986 and #12 came out in October 1987

they should just do a crossover with Marvel and make the shit event epic

I bet it's about the right to time to cash in on 90s notalgia with an Amalgam Universe event.

thanks

Cover dates are useless without a solicit date to compare it too.

aping what user said earlier, I just don't fucking get how DC and Marvel can have these fuckhuge event books - especially Doomsday clock, which seems to be pretty self contained - and not care enough to just have the artists finish them before announcing/publishing the story.

I mean, I guess it's a stygma of the comic industry and its release schedules. But I mean shit, there's zero reason why they can have "inventory" issues sitting in a vault to break out when someone really fucks up a deadline, but somehow it's outside the realm of reason to just finish making a giant event book and have it in the bank so these sort of delays don't happen.

I mean shit, if we're getting an issue every two months now I'll forget details and would rather just trade wait this dumbass book.

I mean, I need to work on my vernacular and stop smoking when I browse Sup Forums.

>One Year Later deal
if so why is batman wearing the oval? Is that their grand plan?

Watchmen was also plagued by delays. This is just fearful symmetry.

Delays of a few months, not doubling the release time.

This sucks. I was genuinely looking forward to reading the rest of it and now it's going to take until mid 2019. That's kind of fucked.

The problem is Supes is nowhere to be seen after issue one.

Supes/Manhattan isn't happening until issue 12. What do you think the countdown is to

>I think the turn is coming,
Dream on, little dreamer.

>I'm even seeing people on CBR voicing their disappointment
You mean that website dominated by complete and utter Marvel drones?

CBR is just corporate-in-general shills nowadays

So by your logic Superman shouldn't have been in issue one as well?

Johns is retarded

can we get a bingo going? I never see one for DC event books

no i said meeting.

it is crazy we're 1/4 through this and it's been like 2 days in story

>implying it's not the only good one after two bores

Sup Forums would be proud of this level of contrarianism

they have to wait till he gets the trunks back in 1000 because dc is a year in the future

Oldfag here. Can confirm delays.

>gettin this mad over a sequel to the sacred cow of capeshit

>, they can't even get high profile but usually slow people to do a short story for Action Comics #1000 despite knowing for almost two years it's coming. It's all the usual suspects that handle the usual monthly grind.
This really upset me. They couldn't even ask some big names in the Euro and Japan comic industry to come guest writer to slap some big names on it.
To comare earlier seminal issue had Moebius and Ray Bradbury.

This will never be topped, still the best single issue of an ongoing series DC has produced.

True. But how hard could it be to call Morrison, Kelly, Ennis, Gaiman, Ellis, Miller, BKV and say "Hey, care to right a quick story for issue 1,000?" I suppose there is a chance every single one of the top named manga writers or European writers might not care about it but those at least would give a shit and don't have anti DC sentiments.

Nah, their debate will have to last at least one or two full issues. The final issue will probably be an epilogue.

The salt from the faggots bitching about this mini-series is so fucking hilarious. Why do retards think that Watchmen was the comic book version of the Sermon on the Mount?

Ennis is the foul-mouthed rogue

It seems is time to shoop Johns into this pic somehow.

Maybe as a raccoon on Moore's trash can.

The lack of Milligan, Robinson and Delano always troubled me; Especially Milligan.

No that's twice a week

People without much personality feel the need to identify themselves through things they like, so they take making a sequel to something like Watchmen very personally.

They cameo on season one, become regulars until season two

Milligan is my favorite UK writer that starts with an M

Jesus that lineup. The only name on 1,000 that can compare is José Luis García-López

He became a washed up hack in a way the others didn't though, sadly

Curt fucking Swan?

He's dead, it'll be a reprint of old material.

I think you are arguing a different point. If you were simply arguing that DC is promoting these specific books with those specific artists, that's one thing - "artists do matter" and whether or not DC is actually putting their money where their mouth is here. I mean, I wish they had kept VB on New Super-Man but I am glad they moved him to a higher profile book. I'm not sure writers and artist today can really handle one long run on one particular title and do it well. I think 3 to 5 arcs is possibly it for most, and perhaps 1 to 2 is it for others.

IN that regard, you are right that 3 might be too little, but that may be a money issue, in which case they should have done something different, perhaps team people up or something as far as artwork goes.

Actually, it's unpublished pencils.

Countdown to Superman getting his trunks