The Wild Storm #11 Storytime

Ha ha time for The Wild Storm

This page raises a lot of questions, like: does Jenny seriously own a Wonder Woman bedspread and a pride rug? Is that an Indigo Girls flyer?

But it provides answers too, like: Jenny doesn't snuggle.

The new Authority being sparked off with a post-coital cigarette is a very Authority kind of thing.

Gen 13 when, Ellis?

[technological bullshit intensifies[

Interesting logo on that bottle.

Board's still shitting itself a bit huh.

I swear to fucking god. "Strange World" and now Science City Zero. If Elijah or Planetary doesn't get a mention Ellis is fucking with us.

This hasn't been a fast book but it could jump off into pretty much any WS property at this point. Which is neat.

Closer to the classic look.

>little bit left

What does it mean?

Expression feels a bit off on this page.

Yeah, should be more ecstatic.

But she is right, not ripping open your skin and letting loose blood is cooler than doing so.

Man, Zealot has not had NEARLY enough on-panel murdering time in this so far.

I'm not gonna post previews so that's it, thanks for reading. I find it funny how this issue's cover is clearly actually like next issue's cover.

do love this book but crazy decompressed. like a 22 ep u.s. tv season.

yeah I'm hoping Wildcats will be a bit faster when it eventually launches

Definitely.
It'd just be untoward if it wasn't quick and all out (relatively speaking).

>Ambush bug

I miss that series

A snowflake? Planetary?

She has nice eyes.

where's Gen13

thanks op

THIS IS WERE IT WAS DROPED!!

each six issues is meant to spin out a new series. so the first six were about setting up Cray, these six are clearly wildcats-centric, with authority in the background, and the next six will probably be Lynch/Team 7 centric with gen 13 on one side of that and the sleeper/tao stuff on the other. Last six by ellis will be authority I imagine. we'll have the new versions of apollo and midnighter by then.

If they don't put Gen 13 in #13 then Ellis has been replaced by a timestream doppelganger.

this also raises a lot of questions with the Cray series. doesn't seem like this version of Wonder Woman is all fucked up like Ollie, Barry and Aquaman

Maybe it won't even come up.
But if they wanted to play into it like the Cray series has...maybe make it Artemis? That way it's an Amazon but also doesn't contradict stuff.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if we see her show up there.

I remember when this was starting and people said we'd get maybe 6 issues before Ellis dropped it.

Yeah also didn't the Michael Cray comic have a kid on the cover wearing a Superman shirt?

well we've seen the *icon* exists in this universe, and so does the superman one, but no telling what those icons mean here.

Or maybe Superman and Wonder Woman are fictional in this universe?

If Michael Cray does Superman it'll probably be Majestic.

To be fair it's not doing great in sales and we've already had one issue delay. Halfway point next month though.

I will be extremely disappointed if Majestic gets blown on an assassination target in not-called-DEATHBLOW.

Or just not supers.

I doubt Majestic would be dead by the end of it.
And, honestly, I'm tired of the killings in Not-DEATHBLOW because...it's not very exciting.

I wanna smoke Dr. Midnights

Yep

Yeah, I was a bit underwhelmed by "Black Deathblow Kills the DC Universe," but then I realized that Ellis has a thing for killing off the JLA or JLA expies, going all the way back to Stormwatch and Planetary.

Possibly even before that.

I can’t believe how bad Jim Lee’s art is getting

I thought one of his earlier covers was alright but yeah.

Or MAYBE... Alternate versions of those characters? That somehow leads into a new Planetary series? Probably just wishful thinking.

What would a new Planetary series even be? It said everything it wanted to IMO.

Oh man I don't think my brain is ready for this much Ellis right now

I think this is one of those where Lee pulls his weight

You get Warren Ellis to commit to two years of everything it's gonna take a lot to put an end to it

Oh shit I totally forgot this was out this week. Thanks OP, I've been loving the series.

agreed. the problem with this particular genre of comics is that people like to see constant variations on some old shit even if the old shit was spectacular enough and can exist on its own. Hence the endless reboots, hence Doomsday Clock.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some superhero comics but a lot of it is people telling variations on old stories and characters. Like why the fuck would anyone want a new Planetary series? I can't fathom that when the original stands on its own as a masterpiece and is timeless

>It said everything it wanted to
So did Watchmen. So did Promethea. So did a lot of things.

Yeah. For me this new Wild Storm thing is very workable because the old one is a little dated and this is both a unification and a very on-point update for the 2010s. But Planetary was fairly timeless.

Sure, but Alan Moore isn't the one writing sequels to them.

Man I want just like... one page of Jenny buying that shit for her room.

>post-coital
>lesbians
lol, lesbians cannot have sex

i just remember that the guy with the mask in the future end couldn't catch a break with fifty sue

muh OTP

Eh, not as enjoyable as The Kindred ii.

>So did Promethea.
To DC's credit they aren't continuing that story, just brining in the character.

The fictional "hold sheet over boobs move" in it's natural habitat.

This decompression.
Science city Zero.
Jenny...
I feel tired, like the end of Planetary tired, and this just feels like a retread.

>Alan Moore isn't the one writing sequels to them.

Right, but DC actually wants to keep Ellis happy so they wouldn't force him to dig things up. With Moore and JH Williams III, those bridges were already burned so they had nothing to lose by digging up some bones.

Okay, I d'aww'd.

Yeah, very noticeable.

So half way between silver surfer and manga robot girl we have herfinal look.I don't think I am wording the correctly.

Hey, I'm quite surprised he's still sticking it through.

“Cuddle? What a fag!”

>bed not a complete mess
>pose suggesting handholding
There’s a lot to unpack here

>haha Shen I can't believe you let me eat you out I was only joking lmao what a fag

Not really, I think they just weren't allowed to show them fucking for some reason. Their respective clothes are on the opposite side of where they each are and there's a literal rainblow flag in the room.

Jenny SPARKS literally sparking the Authority is some Extremely Ellis Shit anyway.

lauren is p sexy to me, Bendix

Still no excuse for handholding.

More seriously, if we count Millar’s Secret History book Jenny and Shen starting the Authority off is canon, as well as them being involved.

And I really liked the Hitler bit so I’m inclined to count it.

Yeah this is from Millar and I think that's fine, it's a nice beat. I just find stuff like Jenny, having just gone to bed with someone, covering up her tit for the benefit of an imaginary camera like a little tiresome. That doesn't feel like the character at all. It's that US comics thing where harsh language and violence are 100% ok but sex or nudity must be shown very conservatively.

Yeah, it's annoying but I guess it has to be done and the way they do it does add a bit of a movie-like quality to the comic.

Sexier than Bendix but if this makes it to high budget TV and they get Patrick Stewart he'll give whoever they cast as Lauren a run for her money.

Who would you cast for everyone in this version?

>curve of swift's hips
>the unbearable flatness of sparks

Going to have to sell Middy and Apollo well to reconcile their mad hate boner for ole Henry.

Best girl.

I mean, he's a monster.

And tbf movie-like comic is basically Wildstorm to a tee.

They don't _have_ to spring from the hateful brow of Henry Bendix's retarded ops program. And even if Henry is behind him this version seems less likely to go completely retard.

True - but it would be a nice call back to have them linked at least minorly. This series has been wonderful for that so far.

Hey, its those ships from Voodoo's music videos.