Watching OK Ko for the first time and is it supposed to be a parody of every anime trope...

Watching OK Ko for the first time and is it supposed to be a parody of every anime trope? They are literally stealing the god fox vs Naruto fight and the card thing from YuGiOh.

I'm just asking...

>show has cards
>LMAO YU GI OH REFERENCE

OK KO is like SU in that they call it an "homage" to anime this and that, but every character, every plot, every important moment, and every single solitary idea is an "homage" to some anime. It crosses that boundary from "homage" to "rip off". Or it tries to copy and references its inspirations so damn much that there ends up being nothing inspired about the show period.

it's supposed to be nostalgia galore but what has me wondering is if modern kids care since they weren't alive during the type of anime they're referencing all the time

It's a show made by nerds, for nerds.

Not too complicated to understand.

>DUDE NARUTO LMAO
Yes user, it's shit.

proof that OK KO does this too?

Enid is naruto reference: the character

Yeah remember when Naruto was embarrassed about being a ninja because his parents are monsters?
I guess every ninja in media is a reference to Naruto

>god fox vs naruto
What?
>yugioh cards
Of all the trading cards in the world you think that POW cards copy Yugioh? Even though the cards have every heroes/villains strengths and weakenesses? Their abilities? Even their power level?

Young Enid is. Teen Enid is Street Fighter reference: the character.

>wears a big coat
>sandles
>replaces self with log
>shadow clones
I'm know expert of ninja history, but those are pretty naruto-esque

Retard

She "fight" like a Naruto ninja

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING EVERYTHING IN IT IS A REFERENCE
WHAT THE FUCK
its even starred by final fight soyboy, prickolo and chun-leg

>>replaces self with log
>>shadow clones

Nigga, tgese are classical ninja powers, Naruto has then BECAUSE they are classical ninja powers. Hell, even Pucca had ninjas doing that.

>openly calling naruto and sasuke gay
>in a kids show
That's pretty based

They have anime references yes.

>Pucca: 2006
>naruto: 1999

I don't see it.

I'm more bothered that people fap to the on-model drawings of this shit I haven't seen an episode nor fapped to any smut of it how do I get into this show?

This isn't true. OK KO is its own thing, a show about heroes working in a convenience store. It's being made by cartoon, anime, and game nerds and has influences from lots of stuff that guys like us are familiar with, but it's more a love letter to the best of those mediums than anything like a ripoff. It shares some structure with shonen anime, tropes like "training to get stronger" or "fighting an enemy that's vastly stronger" but it does them in a really Western way, balancing taking its characters very seriously while also being absolutely as cartoony and joke-y as possible.

By watching the first few episodes and seeing if it's right for you

>the "it is not plagiarism, it's a "love letter" to other shows" post

The show uses anime/video game/comic cliches and parodies as a base, then builds on that to do its own thing.

Copying eastern characters, plots and scenerios? That's bad.
Copying eastern fan service? That's beautiful.

How is it fan service if the characters are ugly as fuck?

Besides the first episodes are there any that stand out?

Not only that, but you hear those old Hannah Barbera sound bytes from their old cartoons from time to time. Because, it is essentially a Hannah Barbera cartoon.

>tell me what to think so I won't have to watch the show

Thanks I was going to give it a chance but if a faggot like you gets upset by it I'll continue to be ignorant to it

Does she have a penis when armored up?

No, but the blue one probably does.

You were never going to give it a chance. I don't think you watch cartoons at all. I think you should go back.

He's not wrong.

Wow. Naruto influenced her design. Good thing there's more to her character than that.

don't tempt me

Gaming parodies, too.

Lord Boxman is just Dr. Wily and Robotnik mashed together - hell, they even got an old Robotnik voice actor to perform the character.

did you care when all the old shows you used to watch referenced things older than you?
I'd imagine any show that makes references are usually just making them for other people in their age group to get, since by the time they actually get in the business, everyone that gets them will have already grown up.

It pains me that nobody ever points out Boxman bears a striking resemblance to N.Gin

So, are we just going to ignore that Young Enid is supposed to be a direct reference of those cringy weeb kids that popped up everywhere during naruto's peak popularity, and just say she's straight up a naruto clone? Because the only reason Enid does ninja stuff is because she just really likes ninjas, she's actually supposed to be a witch.

Nah man, Unless she's conjuring windball magic, giant ghost beings, or throwing out demon wind shurikens or whatever, she fights nothing like a naruto ninja. she's just doing generic ninja moves. If anything she's more like Chun-Li than anything.

>not a faggot
>don't watch anime i cant masturbate to
>don't notice all this retarded shit and can just enjoy the show

how?