"We live in a mansion, none of us has to work, we are all very attractive and we change sexual partners every week...

"We live in a mansion, none of us has to work, we are all very attractive and we change sexual partners every week. Two-thirds of our members come from rich families. We are oppressed."

They just want to live a normal life, user, and fit in with all the rest.

all that kinda goes out the window when you introduce skyscraper tall death bots out to get you

Every superhero has to face giant robots. What makes the X-Men so special?

Rogue is the most pure character in all of the MCU. She is opressed daily for being a mutant and you're a bad person for saying those things and you should feel bad.

Rogue a pure

Like, everyone hates them, except Jameson.

Everyone hates them because they don't shut up about being "oppressed" when they are so privileged.

If they really wanted to stop being hated, maybe they should stop to align themselves with villains and terrorists.

Those giant robots aren't usually purpose built by the U.S government to wipe out the hero's entire race.

The US Government gives the Hulk way more shit, Bruce Banner is a fucking hobo without love and he doesn't go "aah aaah I'm so oppressed".

Yeah, yeah, yeah, the actually comics have made that point tirelessly so. Everytime they get an ugly mutant villain, they spout those exact lines

Pedoverine

Well he was only interested in killing Charles and banging 19 year old Jean. He only got to do one and it wasn't the first.

Why everyone in the ultimate universe was an asshole?
2000's edginess?

Bruce Banner's spent most of his adult life in a perpetual mental breakdown that he's never managed to resolve, not the best comparison.

>Two-thirds of our members come from rich families.
Do you read comics?

Xavier - 1%
Cyclops - working class, then lost in the system
Jean - middle class
Beast - middle class
Iceman - upper class
Angel - 1%
Colossus - soviets don't get property
Nightcrawler - poor
Wolverine - upper class then homeless
Rogue - working class
Storm - working class then abject poverty
Gambit - poor as fuck
Kitty - middle class
Psylocke - 1%
Bishop - raised in a literal concentration camp

I actually liked it for the most part. It didn't fit everyone but considering most of Marvel takes place in New York it's like 1610 was just more honest. UXM was good until Kirkman came in and basically ruined the dysfunctional family. UF4 was also good with Ellis. The ultimate universe had a weird start with a lot of stuff being swiftly retconned and forgotten but it became something special for a while.

I believe you based Rogue-poster, you converted me. God bless.

>UF4 was also good with Ellis
The team development was ok I guess,
but Doom was underwheilming.
Even more considering I readed a few years before his run on Doom 2099 and I was extremely hyped.

I liked most of the early ultimate universe too but on the long run it just was wasted potential and wrong decisions, like 2099 indeed.

Yeah i've still got my issues of UXM 1- I think....45ish?, It was a solid retelling and slight warping of classic xmen stuff, Kubert was solid on art, there were some fill ins but not many, and Millar got to go full drama soap opera with some shit.

It also just fit really well for the time it was made, thats part of why the Ultimate universe was even created, to appeal to the late teens early 20s dorks of the era, not quite as dark as some stuff but edgy as all fuck.

The X-Men team itself is like the athletes and celebrities from a minority not so much the representation of its struggles. But they fight for those who struggle. Ideally at least.

caused by being constantly hunted desu

is there a storyline where the hulk is accepted by the hoi polloi and his transformation is triggered by righteous indignation rather than autistic screeching?

No one would hire them, they arent jobless by choice

Oppression doesn't discriminate. I'm what you would call "rich" but I would rather move to Ethiopia than take a second term of Trump.