/tfg/ :Transformers LL #14 preview edition

Old Thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WbKsZZ_B9NI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Link to the recent LL issue.

>DJD returning in flashback form
Roberts finally does something decent. Thank fuck.

This upcoming issue has everything going for it.

I'm nervous to get excited for it given the severe quality shifts of Lost Light but so far it looks really good.

I thought killing them would mean this comic would finally be free of the stench of those worthless characters. How silly of me to over-estimate Roberts.
Then again, he didn't have the balls to kill off Nickel with the rest of them either, so I can't be surprised.

So, what, did Shockwave take Scorponok with him just to use as a bargaining chip?

Calm down Coldsteel.

Yeah the quality is iffy and varies from person to person. I loved today’s new issue but one of my friends hated it and we both haven’t been impressed with most of Lost Light,

>Deadly sweet talk

I honestly don’t hate Nickel.

No matter how much you hate something others don't, you will be a bitch for the comics and come crawling back for the latest.

Shockwave took everyone on the ship to use as bargaining chips. Which seems a bit retarded, Shockwave would've known everything about the DJD and how they operate. And why the fuck would Shockwave be on the list anyway?

>popular villains in a comic book
>thinking they'll actually stay dead

Well it would be kinda hard to come back from being turned to dust unless time travelling hi-jinks happened again.

Which I wouldn't mind. I do like the DJD. It's just funny how people are constantly crying in these threads yet can't give up the series.

>Well it would be kinda hard to come back from being turned to dust unless time travelling hi-jinks happened again.
nb4 "Megatron thought it was antimatter, all he really did was ship them to another universe molecule by molecule. It hurt like Hell, but they're back and pissed off now".

> And why the fuck would Shockwave be on the list anyway?
Probably for helping Overlord.

Okay, so I've not been reading since the end of More Than Meets the Eye, could someone give me a quick rundown on what's happened in Lost Light?
is best girl dead?

I like to think it's Tarn settling scores. All he needs is an excuse.

Probably not his wisest move, of course. I mean it's goddamn Shockwave. He's created a fair bulk of the super science used by the Cons, including their physical augmentations - and trigger phrases. Why would Tarn think anything he can do will actually work on Shockwave? Then again he DID go gunning for Megatron, so definitely not the brightest spark since Riptide.

Yes Tailgate a shit in robot hell

we are talking about the same best girl right?

Depends who do you consider best girl?

Oh, right, sorry. Rung is fine.

>nb4 "Megatron thought it was antimatter, all he really did was ship them to another universe molecule by molecule. It hurt like Hell, but they're back and pissed off now".
I'd laugh if that happened.

Emo Megatron
A mutiny occurred and the main group got stranded on the Necrobot world
DJD and company attacked
Battles, battles, battles
Emo Megatron got angry
deaths, deaths, deaths
Functionist world shenanigans
Rung's alt-mode purpose is some kind of Photonic crystal factory.
Yadayadayadayadada
Megatron stays behind
Tailgate dies
Sad Cyclonus
Now we are here

I'm not using girl ironically

Drift, right?

So Cyclonus then?

I legit felt for Rodimus there.

I might be The only person here who still likes IDW Rodimus, though I can’t deny that he’d be better under a different writer.

I like to see it as Rodimus learning to be a better captain after dealing with so much shit.

>The only person here who still likes IDW Rodimus
I feel like I already know the answer to this, but why do people not like Rodimus?

>Which seems a bit retarded, Shockwave would've known everything about the DJD and how they operate.
Shockwave operated on pure logic. Logically, killing 31 other listers is more helpful to the cause than just killing him. He couldn't comprehend fanaticism.
>And why the fuck would Shockwave be on the list anyway?
He probably went on the list after his disappearance (being entombed on Earth).

That’s why I’m hoping he’s temporarily becomes Rodimus Unicronus and after returning to normally it opens his eyes that he legit needs to change and make an effort to try, somethings he’s forgotten after all the shit he’s been through since season 2.

Because Roberts writes him as a literal manchild who's incapable of any sort of personal growth. Just the latest issue, we see the Autobots left on Necroworld are being slaughtered because he thought it was a good idea to leave them and the Decepticons unattended, and then his "crew" nearly end up killing each other in their ship.

I like Rodimus. Even when he did stupid things.

Yeah that was a horrific oversight or under sight, whatever it is.

They just assumed, they got a second chance they’ll do the right thing and ease into society.

Seriously one of them should’ve stayed back just to keep an eye on them but then Tailgate would be fine.

Maverick Daredevil Rodimus needs to come back.

Bring back Doubledealer too and make him Roddy’s nemesis again after Getaway is defeated.

Now I'm wondering how Doubledealer and Getaway might get along if they ever met.

Scheming to figure out how to make Rodimus suffer more.

Anyone else find it amusing how Whirl who was always a massive prick can be understanding what it's like to lose something important?

>Cyclonus giving Whirl a friendly reminder

Whirl losing shit is pretty much his entire backstory.

>Scorponok is that small
What the fuck?

I loved the callback to that. They're such good friends now, I really thought one of them would eventually kill the other.

Cywhirl > Cygate

So, I was thinking after last thread and threads before that
Why does /tfg/ no storytime anymore? Better yet, why does /tfg/ not storytime when everyone else does?
Is it some form of Autobot elitism? Only pleb Decepticreeps storytime while superior Autochumps read it off of Google drive or something?

Somebody posted a Google drive dude chill. We usually story time.

TFG these days are barely active and mostly filled with angry circle-jerking.

No I know. But lately /tfg/'s always so adverse to storytiming like it killed their parents or something

Huh, I never noticed how much Milne's has style changed throughout the years. Really loving the old face he use to draw for Cyclonus vs the current one.

Also when the new colorist started I remember thinking "WOW THIS IS AWESOME" but now I can see it's just that they use a shit ton of gradients vs the anime style cel shading the old one used.

Old coloring style was a lot...flatter? But it has its appeal.

>Old issues had this old cell shading grain on it like you're watching an old anime
>New issues are chalk full of gradients and much more streamlined (Cyclonus actually having a chin vs NuCyclonus' chin being a fucking knife)
It's like old anime vs new anime

Then do it yourself.

90s mtmte vs 2017 lost light

>Old campy MTMTE intro
>New edgy serious LL Intro

But in this case the old anime coloring is trash too. There's no reason for it to be so washed out and badly colored.

It's nice. It has charm
It's like finding that old comic underneath your bed that you bought with your first allowance as a baby

neither are trash bruh they're just different types of coloring techniques and give off different vibes

I still think Cyclonus will kill Whirl in the final issue.

Even if they’re friends now, a promise is a promise.

It’ll be done in a meta styled way like the ending if the Futurama episode 300 Big Boys where Bender feels like something is missing after all lose ends are wrapped up until the cops catch him and do some police brutality and Benders like ah closure.

It’s how we’ll know the series is truly over.

>final page
>everyone who survives is celebrating, talking, laughing
>cyclonus stabs whirl out of fucking nowhere
>collective gasps, shocked faces for a panel, then next panel has even louder laughing as whirl bleeds out
sounds about right.

Please no, we dont need anymore pointless deaths just to get Roberts off.

>And why the fuck would Shockwave be on the list anyway?
Because he disapeared for thousands of years

Hey TF/Co/

I am not sure how many know but during last HasCon they were selling Pic as a Promo, and I was lucky enough to get one (cheap!). It's a DFC Magic the Gathering Card for people that don't know. As a M/tg/ player I am replacing the tokens in my deck with cards sporting Transformer themed Art. Didn't want to hijack a whole co-thread for this which is why I posted this on /tg/ here:

Reason why I'm posting here on TF-General is because I'm sure you guys are more than likely to make better suggestions than the vast majority of /tg/. Also like me I'm sure most of you probably have some good Transformers art saved on your PCs. Don't worry if you don't know any of the rules, just pick something based on a card's name or picture. Also I am not looking for anyone for fill out my entire list for me, just suggestion anything that pops out, and maybe provide some pics if you have those...

Wrath of God

Oh yeah, forgot about that. The DJD are jumping the gun way too quickly here, and it feels like Shockwave could have tried justifying himself better.

Also... anyone notice they haven't brought up if Scorponok is still a Headmaster?

>disappearing for only a few thousand years
>in a species that is effectively immune to aging unless you're a full on retard like Kup who didn't get anything replaced for millennia to the point none of his parts were made anymore
>being a viable reason to be put on some kind of secret police kill list, for one of your most loyal scientists

Middle panel: Kird Ape

>Oh yeah, forgot about that. The DJD are jumping the gun way too quickly here
I think that's due in part to a personal grudge Tarn has against Shockwave.

Jace the Mind Sculptor

I dont know enough about Magic to help but this is cool user, can't wait to see what people suggest.

You could probably use a lot of art from the TF card game.

Trust me user, I have been. Just tossing out the net and seeing what other ideas I can snag.

Also I made the thread on /tg/ so not to derail this one, but you know... whatever I guess?

My brother use to collect tons of MTG cards when I was young. I remember a few and of course lots of people knows the Black Lotus. I do however remember a very funny set full of silly images.

The funny thing is the DJD seem pretty independent of Megatron. They worship him, sure, but they maintain the list on their own and I don't think there was ever any mention of them consulting him. This would seem to suggest a high risk of fucking up one of megatron's long term gambits. Probably why the whole idea of the DJD makes no fucking sense. If Megatron had his own hit squad who dealt with, among other things, problems within the ranks then that would be fine and dandy, but he seems to just use these guys as his boogie men squad to frighten the rank and file with the prospect of abandoning the cause equalling being fucking murdered. But when these yahoos set their sights on targets too high above their pay grade?

Not like it matters in this case. The DJD were fucking built, and that means most likely by Shockwave. Tarn is just setting himself up for a world of hurt.

Of course the biggest problem with the DJD is Tarn himself. The DJD are set up as these great super killers who can take down Phase Sixers with no casualties... then it turns out their boss is so damn OP he can talk people to death even over goddamn comms. He immediately cuts their credibility off at the knees since his voice can knock out anyone. Hell, he could probably kill a Titan. It's just too much.

Who else in Megatron's ranks can deal with Phase Sixers? The only thing that defeated Overlord in Garrus-9 was a broken heart.

>They worship him, sure, but they maintain the list on their own and I don't think there was ever any mention of them consulting him.
We know problems have come up before because Tarn originally had Starscream on the list and we know Megatron had him remove him for whatever reason.

And as for Tarn and the DJD they have to be overpowered to take down Phase Sixers and the like. At one of the question sessions at TFNation people asked Roberts if Tarn could use his voice to kill Overlord and he said something to the effect of "yes but it would be more difficult", I forget exactly. And yes someone asked if he could take down a combiner and he could, but he had to destabilize it enough first so that the members decombined.

>It's just too much.

IMO it doesn't feel too much. Smallville had an episode where a guy could control anyone with his voice.

just finished the latest issue and the only thing I have to say about it is that I have really missed Swerve

Dude the DJD are just the Decepticon equivalent of commissars in 40K, they have to be scary and overpowed so people actually respect them.

Same user, same.

Posting my favorite head canon voice for Swerve.

youtu.be/WbKsZZ_B9NI

>And yes someone asked if he could take down a combiner and he could
Using combiners as a measure of anything other than "How to be completely fucking useless" is a tall order. All of them get BTFO'd in IDW way too easily.

That fact that he was one of the most loyal and disapeared for a long time before suddenly being in the spotlight again? Id call shenanigans too

Why is ratchet going to the shadow realm?

Might have something to do with the Pharma hands.

>Who else in Megatron's ranks can deal with Phase Sixers?
Anyone who knows their built-in weaknesses installed purposefully in case they ever rebelled. Overlord's problem with Megatron isn't a bug, it's a feature.

That is a comparison that in no way fits the actual facts. If Megatron had a vast DJD serving as a kind of internal affairs with agents assigned to squads and ready to execute anyone who shows any sign of cowardice, retreat before the order to retreat, or just seems expendable and you want to boost squad morale, then that comparison would work.

The DJD being buff was created as a specific backup to if a Phase 6er ever found out how to disable the built in weakness.

I just wish it wasn't so damn obvious what was going on. A bomb specifically keyed to Swerve's talking, the one thing he couldn't stop himself from doing even to win a bet? Yeah, hardly Killmaster's MO.

Overlord had his killswitch removed. I'm sure the others could find ways too.

When did that happen?

Last Stand Of The Wreckers. It's the reason why Overlord released Shockwave.

They've never been waiting around to deal with Phase Sixers. The only thing that suggests they are is Roberts had to explain that the one dude's grinder was specifically coated with the same super metal used in Phase Sixer armor.

We know that was his intent. We haven't seen if it was successful. Last we saw he still couldn't move against Megatron but played it as his own choice. It'd be hilarious if it turns out he's still programmed to be Megatron's bitch.

the cover with anode and swerve gave away that it'd all be a setup but it was still fun to watch him struggle to stop talking to save his life. I wish more time could be spent on fun-non-drama junk like this more often desu

>Last we saw he still couldn't move against Megatron but played it as his own choice.

What? Overlord tried to shoot Megatron but Megatron turned on a panic-bubble force field. He lost interest when he saw how cowardly Megatron was acting.

His intent was to hack into Shockwave's memories. That's why he was learning mnemosurgery and why Trepan was executed first by Megatron's orders.

He was never going to ask Shockwave pretty please with sugar on top. If Shockwave walked out of their alive does that suggest to you he was actually successful?

>tried
>failed
>gave up
Yeah, that really sounds like his one life goal to see Megatron crushed before him was about to actually happen.