There's something oddly satisfying about this series...

There's something oddly satisfying about this series, where a Batman knock-off actually works to improve his tactics and equipment after each engagement.

It's a shame Marvel killed Malibu.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kbVoKgxenk0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No love for Night-Man?

...did he pay the Troll Toll?

I vaguely remember the live action series and perhaps a cameo on the Ultra Force cartoon? He drove one of those tacky plymouth prowlers.

if you're going to talk Malibu and the Ultraverse you gotta appeal to Sup Forums's tastes and start off with Mantra or pile on and make Liefield jokes about Prime or post the sheer badassness of LORD PUMPKIN!

Hardcase, Nightman, Rune, Prototype, Ghoul books like that are no goes here.

God, seeing Malibu brought up by anyone else seems so surreal to me, especially since it kinda just faded out when it had pretty solid lineups.

Marvel bought them for their colorists and editorial department, they don't use the characters or reprint the books because the original creators have a larger royalty stake especially when it comes to things like adaptions.

I've been reading through Night-Man, and it just stops dead right in the middle of a plot with Loki.

>Open the sack.

CLICKETY-CLACK

That's rough, I read up on them a few months back, I still think they just needed a bit more push and Marvel just ended up shelving a whole universe more or less.

But yeah, glad to know Malibu's at least remembered, The Strangers was hokey for a team book but it was my first serious look at comics.

I believe Stainless Steve wrote a NightMan novel.

Shame about the misandry, I really liked Topaz's design here.

Do you think Marvel might bring back Malibu if Dc's relaunch of Milestone is successful?

>Marvel
>pushing anything that they can't ride the MCU wave on

God forbid, I'd rather Malibu sit in the nice spot it's got in my brain than have them try anything in the way they are now.

pic related, went to see it in imax with my dad because he thought it was gonna be interesting.

>Do you think Marvel might bring back Malibu if Dc's relaunch of Milestone is successful?
I could see Disney eventually buying the rights in full to all the Malibu characters at least, just to have the rights fully secured(since Disney hates not having full control of things they own or use)

I doubt it because I don't think they're willing to split the profits on the characters.

Didn't he end up becoming like a Jazz cannibal or something?

Also, isn't he technically stranded in the 616?

Now that we're here, does anyone know where I can read Mantra 21 to 24 and Spear of Destiny

you live in an innocent world where Mantra ended at #20 and was perfect.

Spear of Destiny is a weird espionage tale, features Mantra as Eden in multiple disguise, highlight is Manta dressed as a man making out with the books femme fatale character
#21 is another story about Evie's hero worship of Mantra, good stuff here, but its does feel like cutting room floor stuff from issue #20
#22 is a continuation of Godwheel and Necro Mantra where Mantra is fighting both Loki and Primevil, the highlight in this issue is a monkey in a zoo found the mind gem and became smart
#23 is a team up with Prime against a new shit super villain who makes earthquakes and has kinda kidnapped Mantra's entire neighborhood. also the worst art in the series
#24 is clearly where Marvel takes over as it's just a team up issue with the girls from Ultraforce but all of Eden/Mantra's trademark inner dialog is gone

after that new series new mantra

Can I get a quick rundown on Night-Man please lads?

What about bathing?

This should cover it.
youtu.be/kbVoKgxenk0

okay, Johnny Domino a Jazz musician gets into a car crash during the same accident that gives another Ultraverse team their powers which leaves him extreme light sensitivity and discovers his Ultra (Malibu for Super) power to hear evil thoughts (like all of them) which inspires him to fight crime after failing to warn a waitress about a serial killer.

it's kinda like a cross between the Punisher, Ghost Rider, Batman Earth One and Kick Ass

he uses guns at first but isn't a cold blooded killer
he's learning on the job and isn't the most efficient crime fighter, he's just a regular guy who took some karate classes.

Ultraverse has some pretty tight continuity between the books, not to the level of 90's Valiant, but if you look for them online download the entire line of books

since this mostly an ultraverse thread, did the flash (current tv series) rip-off/homage the strangers with the thinker's bus metahumans?

>lieutenant Dann
If i'd be vary worried for the safety of my legs if i were him

WHAT DID YOU SAYYYY?

Nightman was excellent and it is such a shame what Marvel did to them. They really ruined everything in the 90s.

Dayman?

There are scans of Malibu books, but since they will never be reprinted digitally, I guess our only hope is someone making HD scans.

I don't think they'd want to reprint anything by Gerard Jones. He's a convicted pederast.