Is he right, Sup Forums?

With the state that the big two has found itself in, is he right?

Can we just ban threads starting with "Is ___ right?"

>is he right?
No, he's a well known leftist. What stupid question.
SAGE

Seconded

This

He's right that most mainstream superhero comics are awful.

But that doesn't mean that good ones aren't still being made or that the entire genre is without merit.

And, like, 90% of everything is shit, anyway, so superheroes aren't special in that regard. 90% of what's on TV is shit. 90% of what plays in cinemas is shit. 90% of what's sitting on bookshelves in the library is shit.

The 10% makes it all worth it.

This, delet thread, ban OP.

that and "who was wrong" threads need to be auto-ban territory
no different than rickroll threads where when that shit was new

>Is ___ right?
>Who was in the wrong?
>What did he mean by this?
>What was his fucking problem?
>Name a more [X] [Y]. Protip: you can't.
>Why is she so perfect?
>. [OP pic is obviously bait]
>Thoughts on this? [When it isn't a newfag asking about a certain book/run, and is obvious goddamn bait]
I hate this board, but I've been introduced to so many good shows, movies, and books by its denizens that I know I'd be missing SOMETHING good if I just left. Between that, the occasional actually-funny thread, and the waifu/cheesecake threads, it's about all the board's good for. Actual discussion is a non-factor unless the material is sufficiently obscure enough to ward away newfags and shitposters. The actual state of comics is comparable to the '90s, with the addition of it being an ideological free-fire zone for SJWs and neckbeards. Cartoons are in a weird state of flux, with good shows getting non-renewals and shit shows getting greenlit for 5+ seasons. All the cash-in movies get views and recognition, with actually entertaining and artistically exemplary struggle to keep their proverbial heads above water. It's a sorry state, and were it not for the internet, I'd have believed the arts of cartooning and animation to be long-dead.

>Implying he was ever wrong

>"He never looks at comics these days, even though they've become fashionable to the point where adults allowed to read them without ridicule. Ironically, in David's view, this makes them a lot more ridiculous than when they were intended as a perfectly legitimate and often beautifully crafted means of entertaining kids. At age thirteen, David's idea of heaven was somewhere that comics were acclaimed and readily available, perhaps with dozens of big budget movies featuring his favourite obscure costumed characters. Now that he's in his fifties and his paradise is all around him he finds it depressing. Concepts and ideas meant for the children of some forty years ago: is that the best that the twenty-first century has got to offer? When all this extraordinary stuff is happening everywhere, are Stan Lee's post-war fantasies of white neurotic middle-class American empowerment really the most adequate response?"

He's right. He's always been right.

fpbp

Was it strange to find him oddly attractive?

yes

I used to think not, but it turns out he was right.

These days he's certainly an acquired taste, but back in the dark ages I can see he had a certain "Byronic poet just thinkin' about opium" charm.

Yeah I support this

Always listen to Gandalf, when he says "run" then RUN, fool

>Now, I don't think that the contemporary industry actually has a ‘top-flight' of talent. I don't think it's even got a middle-flight or a bottom-flight of talent…
With the sorry state of creators at DC and Marvel, yes, he is. Their current output is the worst that it has ever been. It's all pandering to the MCU/DCEU/CW crowd.

Who the fuck is David?
Also this is defintely a case of people taking entertainment way too seriously.
Peter Parker was underclass, not middle class.
Reed and Co were defintely better off than middle class.
Lee also introduced the first Black Superhero, not just white heroes. Rad the FF letter cols to see how Americans felt about that- and still feel anout that.
The quote over simplifies and blows shit way outt of proportion to make a point.
Further, superheroes are clearly not the ONLY thing the 21st century has to offer. What a stupid quote.

>Who the fuck is David?

>user hasn't read the bible

I'll screencap your post and make a thread asking if you're right