Character marries their first crush

>Character marries their first crush

I to wish Ben and Gwen fucked

Why is this a bad thing for you?

Unless you live in a small community where no one has any aspirations of leaving than you're more likely to find a post of value in this thread than actually end up with your high school sweetheart.
Kids cause themselves more stress than they really need by valuing childhood romances more than they're really worth.
People should enjoy them for what they are: Short flings before reality hits you with more perspective and experience.

If they made it work, who cares.
Quit being such a loser.

>Short flings before reality hits you with more perspective and experience.

Wuh...why would you say that?
My own cousin just married her crush since prep school, it was straight out of a rom-com!

>basically has a harem of girls including reformed villains that want that hero d
>goes with the normal girl

I don't get it.

kek you just seem bitter that it didn't work out for you m8

If you treated the relationship seriously and it did work out long-term, why the hell not lock it down with marriage.

Sure, if you're marrying so early that you still consider your SO your "crush", that's super-brittle stuff. But then that's a problem with WHEN you marry (before you have a proper understanding on the long-term effects of the relationship), not WHO you marry.

It's literally the top tier. Too bad authors only care about theirs mary sue self inserts and projecting their lives to cartoons.

>my childhood friend/first crush turned out to be a closeted sadist who's currently searching for any career opportunities that'd enable her to mangle living things professional, context be damned
>she's now engaged to some complete pushover who's totally complacent to her over-the-top public abuse
>m.f.w
I've got to agree with you, OP, fresh perspectives DEFINITELY have their advantages.
Is this fucking loss?

The word Crush is the key word here. Like that love at first sight shit. You can have a few dozen crushes, doesn't mean you dated any of them.

It's your loss if you don't agree

I think he means out of all the girls in a harem that may or may not have spectacular powers or backstories the MC picks the most boring and average out of all of them.

Just because yours were that way doesn’t mean that everyone’s was. You are but one of many, Your personal experiences don’t dictate everyone else’s.

Read that as "Character marries his first cousin".

I’d be okay with that if it was pic related.

> may or may not have spectacular powers or backstories
Neither of it implies that the girl is a good girlfriend.

Everyone knows your first love ends in failure.

Based

Reddit go home.

most people are living on a fantasy concerning high school and for some reason internet nerds here are very agressive concerning this, they wanted their high school years to be like some retarded anime.

What a faggot.

You do realize that by being so steeped in your pessimistic cynical views that you refuse to acknowledge any event, real or in stories, which are supposed to be exception to some degree as to be interesting, that doesn’t confirm or line up with said views makes you just as bad, if not worse than, happily ever after fags, with your blatant disregard for and ignorance of the vastness of the human experience out side of the little bubble that is your lives, right?

oh shit i made this reaction pic
i feel like a proud mama bear
sending her kids to bear college

>Character marries their first crush
In my defense, was one world better that fanta

Well how long did you stay friends for? Because if it was from childhood to adulthood (or just till high school), and you still didn't notice that she was a psycho, then you were either not that attentive or she was REALLY good at hiding her sadism.

Doesn't seem impossible to me. My uncle and aunt had a childhood romance that blossomed into marriage, and it's still going strong.

And one of my best friends is engaged to his childhood sweetheart, and nothing can ever seperate him from her (I've tried (yeah, I was a horrible person back in the day)).

I'll try to condense what you said:

Everyone has a different experience, no one has the same life/circumstances as you.

We only knew each other from the beginning of Middle School up until High School, which was about as long as I've ever managed with a friendship myself anyways. And honestly, there was actually plenty of developmental telltale signs with her in hindsight - but the problem was that I, too, was also a turbo-edgy fuckwad back then myself... Easily worse off than her, even, so her own behavior to me was never anything strikingly out of the ordinary. We both came from immensely fucked up households, and our poorfag minority melting pot of a school system wasn't much of an ideal sanctuary either. But it was always my impression that deep down - neither of us *really* wanted to be the way we were, it was just the inhospitable climate of our lives that demanded us to cope in radical extremes, so we could survive by any mean's necessary then until we could get out of there and continue our existence under less hostile circumstances elsewhere. That's how I always reasoned it, anyways. But she was always so much kinder than me, too, despite having a very asshole-ish exterior...

For various tl;dr reasons of my own, I ended up dropping out of school to get the fuck out of that shithole of a pseudo-prison before I ended up a fucking school shooter or something, since I was suffering from a near-palpable mental degradation among those literal sub-human animals. We fell out of touch, and I ended up in social isolation for a long time, mostly to "reform" myself between under-the-table work since being a violent, paranoid asshole isn't any practical way to live.

Evidently, she never did get that chance herself. Last I've seen of her, she was far worse off than before, as I've mentioned. She had been shaped into something like a radicalized force of malice, like a femme-version of Hyde with no inhibitions and only the basest, most disgusting spectrum of emotions accessible to her. I had never known just how bad things were for us then until I saw her as she was now.