Gotham by Gaslight: Batman

Why is DC's animated movies so much better than their live action ones? It's literally the same universe and characters. I don't think I have watched a bad DC animated yet.

If you haven't seen Gotham by gaslight go watch it right now. Holy shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1r0f41Odl8U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I don't think I have watched a bad DC animated yet.
Watch more...

which one is supposedly bad

gotta admit, the twist ending got me good job that part.

and like how WB and DC going for that R rating

Most people don't like the ones based on the new 52.

Superman Doomsday sucked aside from the main fight. Severe waste of Anne Heche who was a great pick for Lois.

I heard Superman Unbound was really poor.

Crisis on 2 Earths is good but the voice actors suck for everyone besides Owlman & Superwoman.
Especially Superman.

pretty much all of their movies have been R like flashpoint. I think it's a big part of why it's so much better than their live action shit.

I can't speak enough praise about their quality of animation. It's insane.

>If you haven't seen Gotham by gaslight go watch it right now. Holy shit
This, is the best one since Flashpoint Paradox (yeah, I know, it does not say much, but still...).

They treat the sluts right

I cant believe all those anti-women themes made it into a show.

It was like watching the anti-marvel movie. I loved it.

>WHORE
>WHORE
>WHORE
>WHORE
>SLUT
>HARLOT

The other thing I liked about this movie was girls didnt suddenly overpower men. It didnt matter that Selina wrapped her whip around Jack the ripper. He just overpowered her and beat the shit out of her. Same with batman. He actually got shot and beat up multiple times.

He didnt magically arrive to save the women just in the nick of time so many of them died. I have no idea what I have to do to get more movies like these but I hope to god DC doesn't back down from this style. There is an entire market for this that's being neglected by marvel. Whoever came up with the idea to make all of their animated movies rated R is genius.

>I don't think I have watched a bad DC animated yet.
They've almost exclusively been shit since Flashpoint.

>tripcode
>toonshill
>company wars baiting

Did you see gotham by gaslight? It's been ripped everywhere. It's better than I am saying. report back in 2 hours.

>which one is supposedly bad
Better question is:
>which one is good
And the answer to that is none, nah, I'm joking, Under The Red Hood and Flashpoint Paradox are top tier, Gotham by Gaslight is nice tho.

good story and shocking twist, the animation could be better though

Did people actually like this garbage? The animation was shit, the twist was nothing but shock value.
This is to the Gotham by Gaslight book what Lucifer the TV series is to Gaiman's Lucifer.

So we all agree that jack was /ourguy/

they've all been bad since they started adapting the 52 shit though

Well of course he is, he's a twisted psychopath who kills women, after all...

It certainly can't be worse.

A lot of the more recent ones have been complete garbage, The recent batman movies, in particular bad blood, where all complete garbage. The adam west one's are pure kino though.

JL Dark was fun

>raised in an orphanage instead of being raised alone by a psychotic butler, can actually act like a normal human being
>rescues street kids from the mean streets of Gotham
>his Selina isn't a filthy criminal, he's too pure for that
>actually fights bad guys instead of inventing a million bullshit gadgets that fix everything
>is just human and almost dies multiple times, isn't a batgod Mary Sue unlike most of his other incarnations
>God-tied 10/10 Batsuit

this is the ideal Bruce Wayne. you may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like

>not drawn in Mignola style

forgot about that one, yeah it was fine but below usual standards.

What backwater shithole is Warner Brothers farming out the animation to?
Or is this simply the S Korean low-bid?

>Mignola
doesn't he get super butthurt when people animate his style?

Why do these "movies" look worse than Legend of Korra?

this movie had much better animation than the New-52 ones

Why pay more when fans eat it up anyway?

You had Screw on Head and...Hellboy Animated (which used it sparingly).
Also he did draw freeze in 90s for TAS no?
WB slashed the budget.
Compare it to older ones.
youtube.com/watch?v=1r0f41Odl8U

Yeah that's at least 8 fps.

the only good ones are Doomsday, Under the Redhood, Assault on Arkham and to some extent Flashpoint.
the rest is just terrible looking garbage with horrible stories and dialogue

>Why is DC's animated movies so much better than their live action ones?

Is this a "stuff casuals say" thread? DC has like, 10 actual good animated movies out of 50.

Jeez, I know Timm likes his tits small and perky but this is just flat.

What was the point of adding Selina? She was shit in every possible way.

what's the villain motive again? why he attacked that nun?

liked the story
ffs WB, pay more for animation

im guessing the guy was just really red-pilled

She sheltered sluts

>tfw some drunken rando doesn't know how stripping actually works

>FLATT with great ass
Timm really is a man of taste

those are the ones I watched.

he hates degeneracy. he had squads of men lost to stds because they couldn't stop fucking prostitutes. instead of blaming the men's weaknesses he developed a hatred for the girls they fucked. It's a much better villain motive than most. Explains why he actually targeted all women.

>You had Screw on Head

And he had issues with that, too.

He also just doesn't want people to slavishly adapt the stuff he does and encourages them to put their own spin on things.

When this movie came out I thought it was based on the other Mike Mignola Batman Elseworld, the one where he fights an Elder God and turns into a bat creature at the end.
You can imagine my disapointment.

>boo/yay IF SHE BREATHES

Am I the only one who doesn't hate or love that part because it has anything to do with feminism? I see it as a period thing because so much else revolves around the social issues of the era, and easily my favorite thing about this is that it logically diminishes powerlevels among EVERYONE equally because of that.

Well for starters, she's pretty much the only one other than Bruce and the nun who gave a shit about the disenfranchised, and literally the only character capable of doing anything about it other than Bruce.

But let's start here: She's a lion tamer's orphan. Unlike Gordon she can't reasonably make a career out of brawling, and unlike Bruce she doesn't have the resources to educate and outfit herself. All she has is a lifetime of dirty streetfighting plus some improvised lion taming, and it shows.

But look at Bruce fighting Gordon. Bruce isn't a batgod, he's an orphan who relies on strategy as much as brawn.

Versus a man who grew up a prizefighting champion, fought in a war and managed a high position in law enforcement. Compared to everyone else in the movie, Gordon is basically Bane.

But yeah, shame animation's choppy as fuck even thought fight choreography's surprisingly on point.

I really liked this batsuit

it was a great design

The Barbara reveal was the only one that took me by surprise

Top Slut And Whore list:
>Two Harlots from the begining
>Ivy
>Selina
>Barbara
>Nun
>Old hag

What about Strange

And no good live action movies.
Even the supposedly "good" ones are incredibly flawed the moment you take a real look at them instead of getting distracted by the action.

You do know that was all stated by the bad guy right? The movie is very anti-misogyny. Though they did make Silena a bit to weak

So really good despite having zero in common with the source material

Anybody noticed that all the coachmen where CG, even Alfred was CG when he was driving the wagon.

How many bad guys has stated they hated women being sluts? I cant even remember the word slut being used in modern times. A villain is actually a villain. No misunderstood. No wavering in his beliefs. Just someone who does what he does and the viewer decides. No sudden remorse for all the women he killed. No apologies. No trying to get bruce over to his side.

it was great.

It suprised me that she was still alive

He didnt hate woman who were sluts, he just hated woman so they were sluts. Typical dehumanizing behavior that most killers use to justify their actions.

>No tits Ivy

Yep, its shit.

Yeah but that death though, had me diamonds from the moment she screamed.

What happened to her face?

"Oh no I'm afraid my wife got killed by Jack"

Oh Wait I'm Jack
Fucking really?

Gordon wanted his wife to be like Twoface

>being too pleb to understand flatkino

Is it just me or did she seem really turned on by the memory of having her face burned and scarred

He was afraid he was going to kill her eventually. Or that she would become so whorish she would need killing

I was pretty sure that they were going to reveal that she was still his daughter in this verse and that he was fucking her anyway, or at least hint at it.

Loki calls Nat a whiny whore in Avengers

>a animated movie has a better story than the comic it's based on
has this ever happened before?

>Why is DC's animated movies so much better than their live action ones?

Its both enjoyable and supremely frustrating.
Although not all of the animated ones are good.
Just off the top of my head:
Justice league dark
Alot of the new 52 ones are terrible (Throne of atlantis is ok, though)
Batman bad blood would have been significantly better if they removed like 25% to 45% of the shit in the movie and focused either on the nightwing batman stuff or just did the heretic storyline by itself.
Judas contract and teen titans vs justice league was hot garbage.

Stockholm syndrome's a helluva drug

...shit, was Gotham by Gaslight the comic that bad? I mean the story was decent but I wouldn't call it incredible after you learn the twist.

there wasn't even a twist in the original, they just added some OC friend of Thomas Wayne who didn't get along with women and returned to Gotham from London with Bruce, it was super obvious who Jack was
at least the movie tries to make a mystery out of it

Gordon's wife is also named Barbara

See the Gotham TV show

Dumb shit.

And no thanks.

Man, this went from good to complete shit in the last twenty minutes. That was impressive

where are the boobs?

she's perflat

>Selina has a circus background and Dick, Jason, Tim is robbing old couples on the street

Why is DC pushing Catwoman so hard these days.

The court of owls one, was almost decent.

What is going to happen to these animated DC movies when WB finally pulls the plug on all their live action DC shit? Will they still make new ones or is WB going to pull the plug on everything connected to DC and let it hibernate for a few years?

The animated films of dc have several years before the live movies, the most likely is that they continue, s niche is faithful enough.

its part of the "bat marries cat" angle they're all pushing for

Which movie had dickbats in it?

Its mystery

I dont think you know how studio companies work.

>Superman Doomsday sucked aside from the main fight.
So it was just like Death of Superman

It's not really bad, but really simplistic. It's the very first Elseworlds and it really shows.

Justice League War stands out at being inexcusably bad.

>kino
Kill yourself.

Probably to set up Batman.

Atleast it was slightly redeemed by the Green Lantern scene.

>batman vs ripper!
shit like this is so embarrassing

Under the Red Hood.
It's still shit, but it's less embarrassing than Winick's shitty comic.

>mewling quim

I just want more Hermano Supes, Batmanaids and New God Wondy.

Fucking Hermano Supes was a better Supes than Snyderman and he's suppose to be Zod's kid.

It's a case of the not gays.

I know it's stupid, but I love the whole "serial killer who's a skilled surgeon and a great hand-to-hand combatant" archetype. I want more of it.