Is this any good? I was reading about it and it seemed like an interesting idea for an Elseworlds...

Is this any good? I was reading about it and it seemed like an interesting idea for an Elseworlds, and I like the idea of a reformed Joker being played straight as a protagonist.

The art is good. The writing is complete shit.

Telltale Batman does it better

>multiple characters and the Joker himself flat out admit that he's in love with Batman
>but the moment he becomes sane, he becomes straight
For as weirdly political as this story gets, I'm actually surprised people aren't complaining about this as being offensive. Are they trying to say that he's only gay when he's a psychopath?

This. Go play that instead.

Sean Murphy is a dogshit writer, so I doubt it. Punk Rock Jesus emwas godawful

Good artist. Horrible writer.

Unsure of hate here.
Don't think most have actually read.

I was really unsure but its amazingly great.
Second best thing DC putting out currently after Mr. Miracle

The twist with harley is great to, and a wonderful take down of modern "feminist tumblr fangirl" harley,

t. Rorshach.

I bet you like dogshit writers.

It's not like classic Harley is very feminist herself though. I appreciated the sentiment, but that compounded with the fact that she doesn't sound particularly like classic Harley either are part of the problem.

>muh continuity
You sound like a retard and people like you are the reason Elseworlds got scrapped.

I think the implication is that the Joker is obsessed with Batman to an extent that it's like some perverse kind of love, not the literal "I want to sex you" kind. Would you call the Hell's Angels gay because they kissed each other to shock people? It's to provoke a response.

>writer makes a meta commentary on a controversial Batman issue
>with a character who is clearly meant to be a pre-existing, famous version of that character
>it's unreasonable to expect them to stay in-character and not act like the writer's mouth piece
Kill yourself if you support this garbage. It's not even the worst thing wrong with White Knight.

Or are you going to call me a faggot for taking issue with the Joker being "cured" by magical convenient plot device pulls, right before he goes on an expository rant that sounds more like Murphy venting rather than the Joker's own unique voice?

It is pretty good. Only hated by people who can't comprehend entire promise of it being else world or by ones who can't handle social commentary.

>it's okay, h-he's just pretending to be a fag
I don't know user. Even Harley calls him out on it.

What is a problem with Joker being cured? People got magically better left and right in comics.

I’m happy that you enjoyed it, but Murphy is not a good writer.

>magical convenient plot device pills
That's all they literally are. There's no build up. It's all done in the laziest, most uninspired way. You might as well have had him take one too many punches to the head and have that cure him.

It is only fair as he became Joker by falling into the magically convenient plot device chemicals.

But that wasn't what made him into the Joker. He had an entire shitty day to contribute to it, he says that just about a million times in TKJ. Your example just proves that anything no matter how hackneyed can work as long as it's built up enough to be plausible. White Knight has none of that. It's just lazy. What would have been wrong with dragging his return to sanity out for a few issues instead of getting to it as quickly as possible?

Because it's an elseworlds mini, and it was announced what the concept was from the start.
Sure it's badly written, but bitching about the whole concept when it's an elseworlds and not a main storyline is just silly.

Murphy fucked up the commentary he was making. You can't blame that on Elseworlds.

The social commentary is badly written as well. It's funny how SJWs in the story side with Joker, when in real life, they hate him for being abusive to Harley and being a white dude that evades the law.

Don't get me started on Batman being conveniently written as a crazed lunatic just to prove Joker "right".

I never bitched about the concept, I'm bitching about it being horribly executed. Reading comprehension, man.

Like someone upthread said, Telltale pulled off the whole sympathetic Joker thing really well, and that game is as Elseworlds as they come.

Batman is a crazed lunatic, user.

But the concept isn't for Joker being sympathetic but for him to fight Batman without being insane.

You complained about it being contrived that he's not insane and that it didn't take long enough, that's specifically what I was talking about.

See >What would have been wrong with dragging his return to sanity out for a few issues instead of getting to it as quickly as possible?
I don't know why this is so hard to get. What would have been wrong with finding a more creative way to make him sane again or at least drag out it so that it would make more of an impact when it happens?

You're arguing that having the Joker gulp down a magic pill that had no foreshadowing, presence or purpose until the page he uses it on isn't lazy writing. Think about that.

he wasn't in love with batman really, those were ways to say he was obsessive at a degree his relationship with Harley became secundary matter. He has the tendency to concentrate in just one thing like he was doing now that he wants to be a politician

>"Take me out tonight"
>"but-"
>"Take me out tonight"

I like it and I'll read the sequel and then the second sequel Murphy is gonna write, though his writing is really bad, the elseworld is the kind of thing get my attention and a story can finish at some point, this can have an ending and normal comic books don't work like that.

It's not real gay love it's just him being obsessed with the Batman,but I do think the Joker would have wet dreams about raping batman.

that's other reason why Murphy is a bad writer, the didn't pretend to tell Joker was really gay but he was imitating Snyder and even exaggerating and Joker seemed to be gay but that wasn't the point.

>White Knight has none of that. It's just lazy. What would have been wrong with dragging his return to sanity out for a few issues
>muhh decompression
Jesus fucking Christ user...

>it's unreasonable to expect them to stay in-character
Yes, it IS unreasonable. It’s an elsworld. Expect the unexpected.

This

Its uneven. Elsewords/What Ifs tend to be based on one facet being twisted but characters are expected to behave 'normally'. In this though everything is being cherry picked for deconstruction & the plot is shoe horned with inconsistent elements (Two Harleys). In the end all we're getting is another story telling us why Batman wouldn't work in the 'real' world.

SPBP

Really, Telltale does 10x better what WK tries to do.

Astro City, Doom Patrol, Deathstroke, and Snagglepuss are easily better

>takedown of modern feminist tumblr fangirl Harley

That was pure fanservice and frankly stupid, nuHarley is definitely more progressive than old Harley, and her wearing less clothes doesn’t negate that

> definitely more progressive
How so?

I like telltale but the writing is shit too, awful shit I tolerate

>progressive

Tumblr bullshit

Because it's so minor and irrelevant to the story that it doesn't mean much to me. The whole premise is that he becomes sane, so it wouldn't matter to me if he eats a pill, or just gets raped by gordon and becomes sane that way. I feel like you're singling out a single part of the thing because of autism or something, when really it's just an all around poorly-written story.

Just stop tripfagging on an anonymous board. You're making a fool out of yourself.

NO.